PDA

View Full Version : Code

FearAL
10-10-2017, 11:37 AM
I just started learning programming in school and am interested in coding games (in the future) and was just curious how many lines of code this game has? being this is one of the games I play the most. If any dev would be willing answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawpvp
10-10-2017, 12:03 PM
Well this is sorta related but im pretty sure i was told in a class that a car has millions of lines of code and google has billions. O.O

FearAL
10-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Well this is sorta related but im pretty sure i was told in a class that a car has millions of lines of code and google has billions. O.O

Yes I saw in a chart somewhere that all the features of google has about 2 billion.

FearAL
10-14-2017, 06:32 PM
@justg? Any devs? Or is this something that they just don’t want to comment on/don’t know.

Gouiwaa9000
10-15-2017, 02:50 PM
most apps ( especially games ) arent coded in one file... so it would be incredibly hard to count all of them . If you want the lines of code on the servers .. well good luck Counting since AL had tens of milloins accounts created + the actuall code of the game . but if you want the code of the apk you install that would make a couple thousand lines ( to lazy to go an check every file individually....)

Edit : in case you really feel like counting the lines of code in the app you install .. heres a ss of the data/data partion so you know where to look :

Antispace
10-16-2017, 06:52 AM
Ok so i coded a basic tower defense game in java(idk why i did that) in around 1k lines
So i would assume that AL has around 100k, tho i cant really say it, since the algorithms often stay the same if they bring out new events, maps, pets etc.

Im not sure tho

Azerothraven
10-16-2017, 12:23 PM
@justg? Any devs? Or is this something that they just don’t want to comment on/don’t know.

Your thread just has not caught their attention unfortunately.

STS use C++ to make their engine and I will look into this if u need to know it that bad

I dont have android so it is much harder to check on IOS since I dont have a jailbroken device

FearAL
10-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Your thread just has not caught their attention unfortunately.

STS use C++ to make their engine and I will look into this if u need to know it that bad

I dont have android so it is much harder to check on IOS since I dont have a jailbroken device

Not that important, just curious.

I figured it was somewhere in the hundred thousands as said above.

tvtheb
10-17-2017, 03:47 PM
A lot but dont imagine like 50k lines... Just think about it all mobs are moving the same,there are 3 classes with different coding , pets and some other stuff but overall the graphics ( which are not made with code xP) are the basic part.
(Im not talking about the server ,connection coding :)
Idk thats my opinion

Cinco
10-17-2017, 04:02 PM

Still counting... ;-)

FearAL
10-17-2017, 04:02 PM
Still counting... ;-)

Still counting, meaning you’re counting them now or there is just code always being added? Haha

Cinco
10-17-2017, 04:09 PM
Still counting, meaning you’re counting them now or there is just code always being added? Haha

Meaning I'm counting them right now. I ought to be working on Halloween event but this is too interesting... (not kidding - I wanna know)

FearAL
10-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Meaning I'm counting them right now. I ought to be working on Halloween event but this is too interesting...
Haha cool [emoji3]