PDA

View Full Version : "Failed to initialize graphics" **FIX**

Gazroast
10-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Don't forget to thank me if this works for you..

type into your browser bar: chrome:flags

and ENABLE:

Override software rendering list
Overrides the built-in software rendering list and enables GPU acceleration on unsupported system configurations.

This should already be ENABLED:
Native Client
Enable Native Client for all web applications, even those that were not installed from the Chrome Web Store.

It will ask you to restart your browser down the bottom of the page.

BAM!

Hint: F11 button is chromes fullscreen option.

Rolocoaster
10-26-2011, 03:32 PM
what do you mean google : flags ? where is this at?

Gazroast
10-26-2011, 03:40 PM
updated for you buddy.

Futumsh
10-26-2011, 03:41 PM

You just enter chrome:flags in the address bar of the browser. If you do it this way though, it's quite possible you'll run into crashes or things that don't look right, since you're allowing chrome to use a driver that google has determined doesn't work correctly with chrome. If it's supported hardware, you should really just use a supported driver as well.

Hankomachos
10-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Thank you so much! It worked!!! :D

ProSophist
10-26-2011, 05:35 PM
You, good sir, are a genius.
Totally worked out for me. :)

Rolocoaster
10-26-2011, 05:42 PM
this totally solved my problem thanks

Trollee
10-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Okay so I still seem to be getting the "Failed to initialize graphics, you may need to update your graphic drivers" message.

I have these options enabled:
- Override software rendering list
- Native Client

I am running chrome on my Mac OS X laptop.

These are my graphics drivers details:

GeForce 8600M GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0407
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3212
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Which seems to comply with this: (unless I am missing something =s)

Chrome on Mac OS X

On Mac OS X, WebGL is disabled on:

ATI Radeon X1900
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

As I have "NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT" which is > "NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT" .... I think?

Any ideas what the problem is and how to solve it ??

Thanks

Gazroast
10-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Trolle:

Did you make sure to hit save and restart the browser?
And when you say enabled, under the options in chrome:flags it has disable in blue right?

If all that is done, I would try to actually update your graphics cards here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40972-ALL-Driver-Help-here-Character-freeze-screen

If still no luck, report to the Devs :)

Trollee
10-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Did you make sure to hit save and restart the browser?
And when you say enabled, under the options in chrome:flags it has disable in blue right?

Yeah I am sure these options saved, I did relaunch the browser and the "Disable" is in blue.

If all that is done, I would try to actually update your graphics cards here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40972-ALL-Driver-Help-here-Character-freeze-screen
^^ I am running on a Mac OS X so not really applicable. Thanks anyway =]

What I don't understand is the graphics card issue. I have a "NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT" which surely would be better than a "NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT." Hmm... not sure where I am going wrong...

Gazroast
10-26-2011, 08:30 PM
The M in your Video card name usually means Mobile/Laptop version.

That's a huge problem, because Google's chrome is not stable with ANY mobile card right now.

*** If all else fails ***
What I would do if I were you is try again with Google chrome BETA release(That's what I'm using) you can find it here: http://www.google.com/landing/chrome/beta/
Its not always as stable as the.. stable release(Mine has never crashed though) and they have more options than the stable version.

Trollee
10-26-2011, 08:32 PM
The M in your Video card name usually means Mobile/Laptop version.

That's a huge problem, because Google's chrome is not stable with ANY mobile card right now.

*** If all else fails ***
What I would do if I were you is try again with Google chrome BETA release(That's what I'm using) you can find it here: http://www.google.com/landing/chrome/beta/
Its not always as stable as the.. stable release(Mine has never crashed though) and they have more options than the stable version.

Oh so it may be an issue because I am running on a laptop. I'll try downloading that version of chrome and let you know how I go. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Still getting the same message.. *sigh*
No biggy, I'll just have to try it on my desktop Mac. Thanks though =]

kn0wsk1ll
10-26-2011, 11:35 PM
dude this totally worked for me. +1

tearacan
10-27-2011, 01:20 AM
I too have the same problem on a osx laptop, havent found a solution yet. I will post when i have one.

Cahaun
10-27-2011, 04:55 PM
IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU X100,000,000!!! *giggling like a mad man*

Basswhole
10-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Omg bro ur he bomb

Fac3bon3s
10-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Gareth if there was a way to give you a high five through the interwebs I would. Until then a little thanks from me is what you will receive.

Ultros
10-28-2011, 08:47 PM
I've done this with the 2 laptops and 1 desktop in my household. None get past 99% screen :(

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Futumsh
10-28-2011, 10:29 PM
I've done this with the 2 laptops and 1 desktop in my household. None get past 99% screen :(

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

What does the javascript console say?

Trollee
10-30-2011, 02:43 AM
What does the javascript console say?

How/Where do I find this? I've also not been able to get it to run properly yet and am still getting the "Failed to initialize graphics" message.
I am running on a Mac OS X laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics card. Does the "M" in the graphics card indicate that it is incompatible with Chrome? Because I have read that a lot of people are running Star Legends on their laptops and I don't know what is different about mine.
Thanks

Gazroast
10-30-2011, 06:55 PM
How/Where do I find this? I've also not been able to get it to run properly yet and am still getting the "Failed to initialize graphics" message.
I am running on a Mac OS X laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics card. Does the "M" in the graphics card indicate that it is incompatible with Chrome? Because I have read that a lot of people are running Star Legends on their laptops and I don't know what is different about mine.
Thanks

As of right now I have been unable to help anyone on a Mac OS X laptop. :(
I'm not sure why but enabling the option to disregard the selected graphics card list is not working. And it is still using the list to not allow you to use your capable graphics card.

The only way to fix this is to write to Google and have them patch a fix so it works properly, as far as I can tell.

Trollee
10-30-2011, 08:17 PM
As of right now I have been unable to help anyone on a Mac OS X laptop. :(
I'm not sure why but enabling the option to disregard the selected graphics card list is not working. And it is still using the list to not allow you to use your capable graphics card.

The only way to fix this is to write to Google and have them patch a fix so it works properly, as far as I can tell.

Ouch, well I'll just be patient and wait until the next Chrome update until I can play! D:

Lady_Pebbles
10-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the info. That made it work perfectly.

Gazroast
11-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Still getting Thx! for this :)

If anyone needs help please ask here. Mac OS X still not working as far as I know.

Fortress
12-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Don't forget to thank me if this works for you..

type into your browser bar: chrome:flags

and ENABLE:

Override software rendering list
Overrides the built-in software rendering list and enables GPU acceleration on unsupported system configurations.

This should already be ENABLED:
Native Client
Enable Native Client for all web applications, even those that were not installed from the Chrome Web Store.

It will ask you to restart your browser down the bottom of the page.

BAM!

Hint: F11 button is chromes fullscreen option.

Thanks so much! Now I can finally SL on Google! :D

LuvMmorpg
12-17-2011, 12:16 PM

On the address bar type in about:flags. Then you do what's listed from Gazroast.

Vallepker
02-02-2012, 11:40 PM
It stops at 34% :o

Can someone say how i get it to 100%?? :/

Nickyeagle
02-07-2012, 05:59 PM
I can't thank you enough. Also, by enabling this stuff, will it harm my computer in any way? Thanks again! :)

Nickyeagle
02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
It stops at 34% :o

Can someone say how i get it to 100%?? :/

If u follow the steps, they work. Make sure that both Native Client AND Override Software rendering list are enabled. It may take a minute or two to start, but it will eventually come on.

Maiden
02-15-2012, 05:11 PM
It worked and ran smoothly for me! :)

Aaroniero Arruruerie
08-04-2012, 08:47 AM
AHHH omg thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

Antonette Bautista Ü
08-31-2013, 03:46 AM
this is really helps , thanks for this :)

GymClassHeroe
10-21-2013, 09:10 AM
I love you Sir. Now both AL and PL work in my macbook pro with an 'incompatible' geforce 9400M graphics driver ^_^. Thank you once again!

Reokahaca
01-19-2014, 08:56 PM
I tried to enable Override rendering list and native client , it works but when entered the game , the game was so slow and the movement was so slow . i tried to disabled again but it says failed to initialize graphics and need to update my video card driver. I already updated my video card driver which is Nvidia Geforce 7100S to the latest one but still got the problem .

Need help , Please :(

bladescythe
05-08-2014, 03:42 AM
Wow, it really worked... thanks :)

migara
08-06-2014, 09:12 AM
bro can u please help me in team viewer please

migara
08-06-2014, 09:21 AM
bro can u please help me through tem viewer

migara
08-07-2014, 06:28 AM