PDA

View Full Version : Bladetech set for Male and Female - Why are they different from one another?

ProSophist
10-26-2011, 05:17 PM
I honestly don't know if this "mistake" was intentional, but the Bladetech set for females looks WAY polished and flashy than the male counterpart.

You might ask how? Check the screenshots that I took in game.

We all know the the Bladetech set has flames coming out of it. From the helm, the arms, and legs.
If you look close at the following screenshots, the females have a set of flames behind their thighs, just below the gluts, while the MALE SET DOES NOT.

Also, the shoulder-pad part of the sleeves of the female version was positioned correctly, making the shoulders look broad. The male version, on the other hand, looks way off.

I know they probably don't look much on screenshots, but in-game, the male set really looks inferior if you place it beside the female set.
I believe a "fix" is in order because quite frankly, they don't seem equal in terms of looks. :disturbed:

javier995
10-26-2011, 06:43 PM
I believe all sets are different for both genders. Ex.) Com-male helmet has a mowhawk, and com-female doesn't.

(Will post a pic of this later.)

Ebalere
10-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I honestly don't know if this "mistake" was intentional, but the Bladetech set for females looks WAY polished and flashy than the male counterpart.

You might ask how? Check the screenshots that I took in game.

We all know the the Bladetech set has flames coming out of it. From the helm, the arms, and legs.
If you look close at the following screenshots, the females have a set of flames behind their thighs, just below the gluts, while the MALE SET DOES NOT.

Also, the shoulder-pad part of the sleeves of the female version was positioned correctly, making the shoulders look broad. The male version, on the other hand, looks way off.

I know they probably don't look much on screenshots, but in-game, the male set really looks pathetic if you place it beside the female set.
I believe a "fix" is in order because quite frankly, they don't seem equal in terms of looks. :disturbed:

I think with the female butt flames they were trying to accentuate the "booty". This is definately a more adult oriented game. I mean, is that cleavage really necessary? No, but thats an easy way to tell if it's a guy or girl, same as in real life ;D.

With the lv.30 sets the females looked bulky, and especially on Commandos, you couldn't tell what gender they were unless you looked at the legs/bum. I think they purposely made the female suits different, althought the way they did was kinda awkward. I disagree with the thought that the male ops look "pathetic" though, I will certainly pass on the butt flames. The shoulders I do agree with, the male ops look out of place aside the female ops.

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2011, 06:58 PM
C'mon, Pro, you don't look "pathetic". And at least you don't look like Hades' cocktail waitress like my Op....

javier995
10-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Com gender differences

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/Screenshot-1319673818261.png
PAY NO ATTENTION TO MY DEATHS:)
(You can thank the Mysterious Figure for killing me about 20 times from 30-35 lol)
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/Screenshot-1319673834046.png

ProSophist
10-26-2011, 07:54 PM
@Eb I definitely want booty flames.

@Koi I guess "pathetic" is too strong of a word. And I definitely love the way the set looks on female.

Fac3bon3s
10-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Maybe the females have "booty" flames to keep the boys from touching?

javier995
10-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Maybe the females have "booty" flames to keep the boys from touching?

Maybe, because they burned me earlier. :(

Kakatoa91
10-27-2011, 12:19 AM
I heard from a cycorp industry tech guy that the higher the flames, the higher the operative suit burn fats and calories.
So if your operative suit doesnt have much flames, its a good sign... no?

:D

Also, too much flame isnt good if you like to snipe. Gives away your position.

:p

Kahlua
10-27-2011, 06:27 AM
I think it's just cause Nirvanasky is a beast :D

bronislav84
10-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Are you actually asking this? Finally sets that are distinct for each gender and you want it taken away? I personally hated that for 30 everybody looked like identical robots regardless of gender. Almost.

Think, man. If anything, they should do MORE of this. Make females more fashionable, always.

Also I don't think Nirvana has the chest piece, since I distinctly recall red flames coming from the shoulders/neck when I previewed it on my own Op.

Handsofmyvodka
10-28-2011, 08:43 AM
I heard from a cycorp industry tech guy that the higher the flames, the higher the operative suit burn fats and calories.
So if your operative suit doesnt have much flames, its a good sign... no?

:D

Also, too much flame isnt good if you like to snipe. Gives away your position.

:pLol I don't think sniping is fun,ballistic knives is way cooler =)

CanonicalKoi
10-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Think, man. If anything, they should do MORE of this. Make females more fashionable, always.

(bolding added) *looks down at t-shirt with geek-related comment printed on it, Levis and gray Nikes. Laughs so hard she snorts coffee out of her nose.*

ETA: Female Ops can now make a few credits on the side as waitresses.... ;)

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/drinks-1.png

ProSophist
10-28-2011, 11:34 AM

(bolding added) *looks down at t-shirt with geek-related comment printed on it, Levis and gray Nikes. Laughs so hard she snorts coffee out of her nose.*

ETA: Female Ops can now make a few credits on the side as waitresses.... ;)

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/drinks-1.png

Win! :D

Robsta
10-28-2011, 11:51 AM
If anything I would not be worried about being ripped off because u didn't get butt flames...lol. I be happy ur not a com theyre suits are ugly. But they got the coolest lvl 36 helm so that makes up for it

javier995
10-30-2011, 08:47 PM
If anything I would not be worried about being ripped off because u didn't get butt flames...lol. I be happy ur not a com theyre suits are ugly. But they got the coolest lvl 36 helm so that makes up for it

IMO and many others, com is the nest. We are space warriors the look like barbarians. :)

Fbabe
10-31-2011, 02:42 PM
U never looked close enough to an female op, do u?

Petition to change female blade tech set (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?41360-Petition-change-female-op-blade-tech-set&p=467483#post467483)