PDA

View Full Version : Counter Intuitive Controls.

Takezaki
10-26-2011, 06:22 PM
I feel like the devs forgot human beings have two hands to use.

Why munch all the controls in the left hand corner of the keyboard?

Using the arrows to move the camera would work much beter IMO.

Futumsh
10-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Generally, it's because most people play PC games using their left hand on the keyboard and right hand on the mouse when not typing.

Ebalere
10-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Generally, it's because most people play PC games using their left hand on the keyboard and right hand on the mouse when not typing.

It would be cool if we could get a few more functions on the mouse tho, such as right clicking your toon for stim usage, double clicking mobs to attack, and so on. Would make the left hand not have to work as hard.

Gazroast
10-26-2011, 07:15 PM
HINT: you can use the mouse to move the camera(By holding down the clicker)

You can also use your skills by clicking on the skill.

I only use my left hand for WADS and the space bar.

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 07:24 PM
I made this exact same thread this morning in much more detail. Starting to think Devs just ignore my threads :(

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40891-Is-there-no-way-to-change-the-keyboard-layout

MoarPewPew
10-26-2011, 08:14 PM
I feel like the devs forgot human beings have two hands to use.

Why munch all the controls in the left hand corner of the keyboard?

Using the arrows to move the camera would work much beter IMO.

That would be a disaster for me. Your reaction time and control is much better is your keys are closer together. Trust me, they are following standard mmo PC gaming button layout.

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 09:02 PM
That would be a disaster for me. Your reaction time and control is much better is your keys are closer together. Trust me, they are following standard mmo PC gaming button layout.

This is one of the only games I've played where one set (either WASD or the arrows) didn't control the camera with the other (or the mouse) doing movement.