PDA

View Full Version : COMPETETIVE/eSPORT SCENE ?

TheBerio
10-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Hello,
I would like to ask if there are any plans for competetive scene ?
Even tho this game is more like (mmo)RPG I think it’s possible to make it competetive.
As far as I know the game will have pvp based on some kind of guild wars (?).
Call of Champions had huge potential in eSport scene, I was playing in few of your tournaments, it was hella fun, but,it was MOBA, this is much different game, the question is; IS IT POSSIBLE TO BALANCE IT GOOD ENOUGH TO BECAME AN ESPORT GAME? My answer is - YES.
In every game based on items/stats (not pure skill like CS, LOL etc.) you get a maxed account if you are in tournament hosted by the developer or its partners. So players who would be in official STS tournaments would get maxed accounts ONLY for the tournament to prove their skill. But yeah, the skills, items, pets should be balanced. OR (!!!) some kind of eSport mode where all players levels, items levels, skill levels etc would be equal (only in this type of gamemode).
I understand it’s a lot work to do, a lot of to think about, but it might work out if done right.
Here is my idea of how could competetive scene work here. If you don’t have any eSport plans that’s all right, but consider one thing STS, eSport in mobile gaming is becoming a real thing, so many eSport games are coming out. Get on the eSport hype train and don’t make the same mistake as you did with COC.

Carapace
10-18-2017, 05:40 PM
our current plans do not involve any competitive scene or eSports considerations

TheBerio
10-19-2017, 05:38 AM
our current plans do not involve any competitive scene or eSports considerations

Hopefully it will change with some time! Thank you for answering :)

Runescape
10-19-2017, 07:31 AM
Please no esports or competitive

TheBerio
10-19-2017, 09:04 AM
Please no esports or competitive

Why? eSport always helps to improve the game and player scene as well. I don’t see any cons.

Schnitzel
10-20-2017, 10:06 AM
Why? eSport always helps to improve the game and player scene as well. I don’t see any cons.

One word: Hacks..
Ruins the game for normal players and makes it a pain for tournament mods to actively catch them during matches and devs gotta spend time patching it rather than adding new content.

Justg
10-20-2017, 10:10 AM
We learned a lot with CoC. Suffice to say that the constant need to provide tournaments and promote at trade shows, as well as the general toxicity of he player base (not you guys!) has led us to not pursue eSports for our product. We'd rather have a nice, happy place for people to chill and make friends.

TheBerio
10-20-2017, 11:18 AM
We learned a lot with CoC. Suffice to say that the constant need to provide tournaments and promote at trade shows, as well as the general toxicity of he player base (not you guys!) has led us to not pursue eSports for our product. We'd rather have a nice, happy place for people to chill and make friends.

Oh so it’s due the toxicity. I understand that :)
It actually makes sense because the gfx of the PL:A seems to be more like children friendly (there are no blood details or too much violence) and in overall the gfx is kinda “cute”. Adding an eSport scene would lead to “try harders” who can be pretty toxic in some certain points (when they lose because for example of noob teamates) and toxicity is not all right when you got 13 years old, lets call it children (because that’s still pretty young age). The second thing is promoting which can be pretty expensive if the game doesn’t make that much money.
So thank you G, I understand the problem now and the reason to not push PL:A into competetive scene :)

TheBerio
10-20-2017, 11:21 AM
One word: Hacks..
Ruins the game for normal players and makes it a pain for tournament mods to actively catch them during matches and devs gotta spend time patching it rather than adding new content.

Well this makes sense as well. I do play competetive games and hackers really destroys the games. Updates are getting delayed because of all the dev teams are working hard on the antihack system, once they pass the hack the new one is gonna pop up. The players are getting angry, toxic because of hackers, because of lack of the new content etc.... Yeah, makes a lot of sense.

Schnitzel
10-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Well this makes sense as well. I do play competetive games and hackers really destroys the games. Updates are getting delayed because of all the dev teams are working hard on the antihack system, once they pass the hack the new one is gonna pop up. The players are getting angry, toxic because of hackers, because of lack of the new content etc.... Yeah, makes a lot of sense.

PLA seems more geared towards casual rather than competitive play. As it is right now, there doesn't seem be a lot that can be geared towards eSports. Other games like Clash Royale and Critical Ops can work as eSports because they are geared towards being competitive games. If I had to pick one STS/STG (are y'all still going by STS or STG now?) that would work as an eSport, I'd vote Call of Champions; a lesser eSport geared: AL (if we're strictly talking PvP) ; and no eSport: BC/BD/AB

Dex Scene
11-14-2017, 02:56 AM

Totally makes sense. There are so many games I play that are big on esports (dota2 for example) have intense amount of criticism and toxicity and the community itself become very toxic and competitive. We even lose friends over one bad Faceit tournament match.
And when I come to play Arcane legends or any Spacetime games, I can finally chill, relax and find my INNER PEACE. xD
It's okay to fall behind and be bad at this game and still you will have tons of friends playing with you (Im not bad at this game tho haha).
Also Esport makes the dev team super busy, I remember playing spacetime's COC and they were super active in it. Sadly the updates got stopped and the game died now I know the reason thanks Justg :)
Spacetime games are unique and I love the way it is. The social interaction part is a big thing in spacetime games and they know to value it