PDA

View Full Version : No shave november

wvhills
10-27-2011, 12:26 PM
So I haven't shaved for a few weeks. I don't know if I got a late start on Octobeard or an early start on no shave november. After no shave november is Decembeard and I was planning on shaving then but a few of my friends told me about Januhairy and Februhairy so now Idk. I may not shave til March! Haha.

We know that growing a beard is probably the most manly thing you can do (Chuck Norris has a beard) and I'd like to encourage each of you to participate in no shave november. We can use this thread to post pics of our progress and to encourage each other (because, I know it's hard to believe, you may face peer pressure to shave yourbeard off from ur friends and family).

I'm posting a pic of mine but keep in mind that I've got a 2-3 week head start. Feel free to post clean shaven pics as a starting point. :)

StompArtist
10-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Girls: Please refrain posting pictures of your armpits in this thread. TY.

Lowlyspy
10-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Haha ive never heard of octobeard or the hairy months, count me in on no shave november tho

EDIT: dont forget about mustache march and may :p

RedRyder
10-27-2011, 01:06 PM
About a two week head start lol

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/1fc50635.jpg

Edit: thanks rob for pushing me to my third rep bar! :D

wvhills
10-27-2011, 01:14 PM
yeah, stomp is right, this is a guys only thread. Haha!
Lowly, nice to see you on board!
Red, you can grow a really good beard, keep it going!

Flickz
10-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I cant grow a beard but i wont shave tho lol

Draopwnzall
10-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Lookin good ryder :D!

WoundedEagle
10-27-2011, 01:43 PM
I won't shave either! Considering I don't have facial hair lmao.

wvhills
10-27-2011, 01:51 PM
for wounded, flickz and all you others who can't yet grow a beard, don't give up hope! When I was y'alls age I was told I'd never be able to grow a beard. In fact, that's why I'm growing one today. To show all the kids, throughout the land, that in time, you, too, can grow a beard! Let the haters hate, be patient and one day you'll be looking down your nose at them with the burliest beard imaginable!

I'm not growing this beard for money or fame, I'm growing it for the kids man.

Snakespeare
10-27-2011, 02:02 PM
OK, I won't change... ;)

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/snakespeare1/Photo4.jpg

wvhills
10-27-2011, 02:04 PM
I would thank you snake but I've used up my daily thank rations! It's good to have you aboard!

WoundedEagle
10-27-2011, 02:04 PM
for wounded, flickz and all you others who can't yet grow a beard, don't give up hope! When I was y'alls age I was told I'd never be able to grow a beard. In fact, that's why I'm growing one today. To show all the kids, throughout the land, that in time, you, too, can grow a beard! Let the haters hate, be patient and one day you'll be looking down your nose at them with the burliest beard imaginable!

I'm not growing this beard for money or fame, I'm growing it for the kids man.
I will just go purchase a fancy mustache from the costume store :)

Flickz
10-27-2011, 02:52 PM

I'm not growing this beard for money or fame, I'm growing it for the kids man. lol ty but im 19 going on 20 and i see no signs of growing a beard though

MimeRifle
10-27-2011, 03:11 PM
This thread is funny! What is it we are raising awareness about by not shaving for a month?? I googled this and got a ton of hits, but based on the results it wasn't immediately obvious what we're fighting for. I think I'll have to sit it out. If I don't shave I end up looking downright goofy, could never grow "full" facial hair - I'm told it's my Slavic heritage... heck, I'm having trouble just growing hair on my head now!

I do look forward to the pictorial logs and will cheer on the rest of you little Chucks! :D

wvhills
10-27-2011, 03:21 PM
As far as I know it's not to raise awareness for anything except for how manly beards are. Lol.

Where I live hunting season comes in at the end of november so guys don't shave during the month so their faces don't get cold while hunting. I don't hunt though so I'm just growing mine for the kids, and for spite. Plenty of people tell me everyday to shave and so I'm not just for spite, but it's mainly for the kids (and spite, well mostly for spite). Bahahaha.

MimeRifle
10-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Robert - you're cracking me up. "Hunting"... is that like farming? Are there any pink drops? lol... guys do that here too. The Chuck-ier ones anyway... me? I'll continue to work on redefining "couch potato".

BodMaster
10-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Movember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

BodMaster
10-31-2011, 05:11 PM
:O

Blessed by the thanks fairy ;)

Epic Unicorns!
10-31-2011, 05:18 PM
I can't really grow a beard, but I can grow a mustache in about 2-3 days! Hmmm...I should try a handlebar mustache :D

YYZ????
10-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Wish I could.

Last time I went 3 weeks(about 2 years ago) my wife hated it.

I hated all the gray and splotchiness!!

Maybe it's time for one last try. I may go for the snakespeare look.

Zeus
10-31-2011, 07:47 PM
When I grow a beard, I look like a terrorist.

Seriously, I was on my way to an Indian Wedding and I had to wear a turban. They stopped me at security.

Meh, I guess I'll do it though. No shaving FTW!?

Cytokinesis
10-31-2011, 07:48 PM

Seriously, I was on my way to an Indian Wedding and I had to wear a turban. They stopped me at security.

LMAO

wvhills
10-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Lol. Thanks guys! Apollo, I get accused of being a terrorist too. Haha. I'll post a new pic in a few days. It's really starting to itch!

Zeus
10-31-2011, 08:03 PM
LMAO

Yeah! Airport traffickers are jerks! :( They searched our luggage too during baggage pick up too. You could tell because when we opened it, everything was out of place.

StompArtist
11-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah! Airport traffickers are jerks! :( They searched our luggage too during baggage pick up too. You could tell because when we opened it, everything was out of place.

Improbable because according to TSA their is absolutely no profiling done. ;)

arischal
11-03-2011, 10:46 AM
So I haven't shaved for a few weeks. I don't know if I got a late start on Octobeard or an early start on no shave november. After no shave november is Decembeard and I was planning on shaving then but a few of my friends told me about Januhairy and Februhairy so now Idk. I may not shave til March! Haha.

We know that growing a beard is probably the most manly thing you can do (Chuck Norris has a beard) and I'd like to encourage each of you to participate in no shave november. We can use this thread to post pics of our progress and to encourage each other (because, I know it's hard to believe, you may face peer pressure to shave yourbeard off from ur friends and family).

I'm posting a pic of mine but keep in mind that I've got a 2-3 week head start. Feel free to post clean shaven pics as a starting point. :)

I grew that much in a week. LOL movembeard for testicular cancer awareness

GrapeRillo
11-03-2011, 10:52 AM

Fiancee, Beard and I.

wvhills
11-03-2011, 10:56 AM

Fiancee, Beard and I.

Tha, my good sir, is on fine beard. You are the goal we all aspire to.

DawnInfinity
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Benny Lava time <3

GrapeRillo
11-03-2011, 12:41 PM

I have the same problem, or they think I'm the UniBomber :p

Zeus
11-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Improbable because according to TSA their is absolutely no profiling done. ;)

Large packages are allowed to be checked though. At least, that's what was going on at Orange County airports.

Also, the racial profiling is kinda iffy. Cops aren't supposed to do it, but they still do it anyway because of statistics and precautionary measures for their own life. It's not something I blame them doing as just about everybody likes to live safe lives!

ZAurbanSQWRL
11-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Im 14 :(

Cascade
11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Dude parth you wore a turban?! Why did you not take a pic!?!?!

Piosidon
11-03-2011, 06:55 PM
At airports I like to wear middle eastern clothes and a scowl just to mess with security. It's a 10-20 minute delay but worth it.

Conradin
11-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I am to young to grow a beard- hahaha. I saw this man at a restaurant the other day. All his friends had mustaches but he couldn't grow one. Somebody asked why he didn't have a mustache. He held his pointer finger across his upper lip- and there was a mustache tattooed on it like this ~~~~~~~. He wanted a mustache so bad he got a fake one!!!

Moogerfooger
11-03-2011, 07:35 PM
As far as I know it's not to raise awareness for anything except for how manly beards are. Lol.

Movember (like Bod said). Has been around about ten years. Prostate cancer awareness, and other manly cancers (so to speak).

http://us.movember.com/

KingFu
11-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Large packages are allowed to be checked though. At least, that's what was going on at Orange County airports.

Also, the racial profiling is kinda iffy. Cops aren't supposed to do it, but they still do it anyway because of statistics and precautionary measures for their own life. It's not something I blame them doing as just about everybody likes to live safe lives!

John Wayne? LAX? Long beach? SDIA? Only ones I know of around here:/

Zeus
11-03-2011, 07:58 PM
John Wayne? LAX? Long beach? SDIA? Only ones I know of around here:/

If I'm not mistaken, John Wayne. :)

Zeus
11-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Dude parth you wore a turban?! Why did you not take a pic!?!?!

Refer to David's picture of me if you need to see me in a turban. :)

He illustrated it quite well. :D

Silentarrow
11-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Girls: Please refrain posting pictures of your armpits in this thread. TY.

0.o

KingFu
11-03-2011, 09:20 PM
If I'm not mistaken, John Wayne. :)

Ah. I usually fly out of there as well:) My dad likes to fly LAX, so sometimes I have to get pulled through there thuogh-.- I prefer it since it's less crowded and confusing lol.

Lol, mega hi-jack. My bad :s

Paar
11-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Im 14 :(

Me to :'(

wvhills
11-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Movember (like Bod said). Has been around about ten years. Prostate cancer awareness, and other manly cancers (so to speak).

http://us.movember.com/

Moog, I read about Movember on artofmanliness.com and it seemed to say it was for moustaches only (beards weren't allowed). If beards are allowed them I'm definitely supporting prostate cancer awareness. From now on if anyone asks me why I'm growing it that's what I'll say.

Anyway, here's an updated pic. It's coming in nice but just not as fast as what I had hoped. I still have another month though...

Edit: Paar and ZAurban, don't give up hope! Just be patient and your days of manly beard growing will be here.

Lowlyspy
11-11-2011, 05:04 PM
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/Lowlyspy/IMAG0089.jpg
Bout 2 weeks in, nothin impressive but its respectable :/

KingFu
11-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I shaved my face this morning so I'm out D:

wvhills
11-13-2011, 04:18 PM
good job lowly keep it up!
It's a sad, sad day mystical. haha.
I didn't update mine pic this week but I will on Friday.

Hankomachos
11-13-2011, 04:33 PM
I may not have facial hair but what I have on my head suffices. ;)

Lowlyspy
11-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Shave off ur "hank fro" and glue it to your face. ;)

Hankomachos
11-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Shave off ur "hank fro" and glue it to your face. ;)

*grabs hair clippers....*

Moogerfooger
11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Moog, I read about Movember on artofmanliness.com and it seemed to say it was for moustaches only (beards weren't allowed). If beards are allowed them I'm definitely supporting prostate cancer awareness. From now on if anyone asks me why I'm growing it that's what I'll say.

Looking mighty beardly/furry! Win.

Yeah, I've heard it's moose-staches only before, but I have also seen and heard of dudes saying beards are okay too....I say, who cares, either way it is for a good cause :D

YYZ????
11-13-2011, 08:47 PM
13 days and counting. I decided to go for the stache and goatee. Not looking too good yet, but should be ok by the end of the month.This by far the longest i have went without shaving in years. Everybody at work is commenting and of course I tell them it is for Prostate cancer awareness month. This little adventure of yours Robert has had profound effect. I made an appointment to get checked, and I think 2 of my boys at work are heading in for a checkup as well.Will post my mug at the end of the month

Wretch
11-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Working on my goatee for awhile now! Don't remember how long.... When I can get some time I will post a pic!

Helpful hint to those working on some length... Aragon oil (small amount each day) works wonders! Your significant other will appreciate it as well, makes it a whole lot softer than normal.

RedRyder
11-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Update pic.

It's almost as full as the hair on my head lmao, but it seems to have stopped growing. I hated it at first, but it's starting to grow on me! *slaps knee*

I just might keep it going into December haha

wvhills
11-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Update pic.

It's almost as full as the hair on my head lmao, but it seems to have stopped growing. I hated it at first, but it's starting to grow on me! *slaps knee*

I just might keep it going into December haha

Good job red, looking good (no homo)! I'm thinking about going to December too. haha. I'm going to update my pic on friday. I think everyone else is starting to get used to mine. At first everyone was telling me to shave it off but now I'm getting compliments. haha.

wvhills
11-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Well, here it is:

MimeRifle
11-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Well, here it is:

Positively rugged. Nicely done sir!

StompArtist
11-18-2011, 10:45 AM
An inspiration for those who decide to keep the dream alive.

Lowlyspy
11-18-2011, 10:53 AM
An inspiration for those who decide to keep the dream alive.

ROFLMAO!! Every man aspires to have a beard that awesome!

Well, here it is:

Nice, got the whole lumberjack look goin on with the plaid flanel shirt ;)

StompArtist
11-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Of course there are those who would put everybody else to shame...

Pandamoni
11-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Of course there are those who would put everybody else to shame...

This gives me an idea for a new boss for the next campaign. There should be a guy w a crazy beard that whips around clearing everything in it's path.

Robert, if you don't shave after this month we might have to stage a beardtervention.

StompArtist
11-18-2011, 11:23 AM
This gives me an idea for a new boss for the next campaign. There should be a guy w a crazy beard that whips around clearing everything in it's path.

Robert, if you don't shave after this month we might have to stage a beardtervention.

Bearded boss with a knife at the tip of the beard FTW!

MimeRifle
11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
I was going to tie this in with the oyster class idea... but it's just a little *too* close to a nasty euphemism... lol.

wvhills
11-18-2011, 11:38 AM

I'm on a roll pandahawti! Me and my beard are unstoppable!

wvhills
11-18-2011, 11:39 AM
I was going to tie this in with the oyster class idea... but it's just a little *too* close to a nasty euphemism... lol.
Bwahahahahaaha!

And stomp, the longer the beard the more you rock!

YYZ????
11-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Went all 30 days. Goodbye goatee!

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x414/YYZ----/87ca1c3e.jpg

Conradin
11-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Went all 30 days. Goodbye goatee!

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x414/YYZ----/87ca1c3e.jpg

Good on ya mate!

mugen
11-30-2011, 09:24 PM
31 and still can't grow a full beard maybe I'll let it go for all of December too! Lol
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb323/mugen80/0c41bc87.jpg

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

wvhills
12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Well, november has come and gone so it was time to shave. :(
Thanks everyone for your participation. Here's my just shaved pic...