PDA

View Full Version : Need info on bowmages

Fiya
10-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Well I have a Lvl40 bowmage I've been having alot of problems with. Like I need to know what kinda gear to be wearing, proper state build, skills and when pvping what skills to use in an "order way" to kill ppl. Also the best ring for this char as well.
Thx in advance to all who replys!!!

LoveMadrid
10-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Well for stats, just respec it so it just have enough to wear dex equips and the rest in int.

What lv PvP are u planning to do ? 50? 40?

If its 40 then get a scarab/red scarab bow , a pink scorpion helm and a scorpion leather. (there isnt any lv 40-49 sets as far as i know)

If its's lv 50 pvp you are planning then i suggest dex death set ..

As for skills.if you are planning to do lv 40 pvp Max the two vitality buffs and put 1 on mana shield. Max heal, max frostbite, 3 on drain, and then max firestorm and lightning. (you wont need icestorm since its always 1v1 and icestorm cooldown is longer than firestorm.)

For lv 50 pvp, follow the one above then put 3 more on nightmare, 3 on weakness and 3 on mana drain.

When you're in pk as a dex mage, always kite (duh).. Buff up and say "go" first move is frostbite, drain life, firestorm, and then lightning. Remember to shield up before his combo hit you otherwose you're gonna die before your drain actually completes cast. After that its just frostbite and kite and heal. Against birds firestorm before you frostbite it breaks their combo

For bow mages Get a Fine Golden Band of Technique.

LoveMadrid
10-28-2011, 03:27 AM
And btw there is no order .. Just do what u need to in the situation u are in and play smart :L

Fiya
10-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Thx so much bro I needed this and I'm planning on goin to lvl 60 with this char all out.

LoveMadrid
10-28-2011, 05:11 PM
So you'e doing lv60 pvp then ? Lv 60 pvp bow mage with obedience set / demon set is pretty good too..

KingFu
10-28-2011, 05:53 PM
max frostbite, 3 on drain

Maxing frostebite is a waste of skill points IMO, especially at level 40. Maxing drain would be much more efficient.

Go enough dex to wear your gear, rest int, for the skill damage, MS, and mana. Horus helm and armor (most effeciant IMO) then it's your choice. Bow or talon Mage (If bow, use Pharaoh's hunting bow of Horus. As there are no scarab bows until level 41 and no red scarab bows until level 45. If talon, use Horus wing, and shivering ice talon as desert eagle talons aren't available until level 41). Really your choice which you want, it's the constant debate of damage vs armor, and desert eagle talon is a very efficient talon, making it a difficult choice, for me at least. A cheaper alternative from Horus is sniper/JT (sniper has only 1 more hit than JT) I'd recommend leveling to 41 for dex Mage, as desert eagle talons and scarab bows are far more efficient than Pharaoh's bow and shivering talon.

Skills:

Heal: 6
BOM: 6
BOV: 6
Drain: 6
Firestorm: 6
Lightning: 6
Rev: 1
Frostbite: 1
Mana shield: 1

Ice storm is pretty much only useful in PvE, mainly due to it's short range. Debuffs aren't really needed much in pvp, even at end game I only find myself using them against str classes (pally, warbirds, and tanks) as it increases mana consumption (and as a squishy dex Mage, you'll need it when you're using mana shield), and your combo ends up being fairly long, causing you to spend time clicking debuffs when you could be dealing damage. Combos should usually be short and simple, especially with a nuking class like the dex Mage. You'll really wanna kite as a dex Mage (try and keep a distance. Make it so you're in range, and you're not up close and personal. Especially against bears and str specced chars) Use firestorm mainly as a knock back, it will push the enemy away from you. Then frostbite will help keep them in place. You have range for a reason.

As for a ring, I can't really recommend it. I personally think rings are all preference. Whether you want a mana ring, or an MS ring, or a damage ring. You may have to test to see which one you like best. Or you can usually tell by playing around with your char which ring best compliments your build.

Edit: For 60, the best gear for a dex Mage will be demonic auto bow set. Obedience is a cheaper alternative as demonic can be pricey. Mimicry is also a bit cheaper, however not nearly as efficient. If you need help with a lvl 60/61 build, you can PM me and I will try and help:)

Leli
10-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Dex mages like me? Im full dex, to boost attack. Theres no Order way to PVP you just need to know which combos to use. Im a pretty good pvper so id suggest using purples and pinks at the highest level usable for you. for a ring, Fine Golden Band of Technique and just like Mysticaldream said,

Skills:

Heal: 6
BOM: 6
BOV: 6
Drain: 6
Firestorm: 6
Lightning: 6
Rev: 1
Frostbite: 1
Mana shield: 1

Here are some combos that i use:

Ice Storm w/ Fire storm
Ice Storm, Lightning , then Fire Storm.(if it all hits at the same time it'll do major damage)
Drain Life w/ Lightning
when a bear pulls use Fire Storm and you wont recieve any damage if you hit it at the right time

Send me a request in Pl if you want, and ill help you out. IGN is Lelianaa if you dont know.

Good luck

blox
10-28-2011, 07:12 PM
not much good gear at 40 but i would recommend lvl 39 pharoh gear for first and bowmages strikes high damage but its armor is low

mejslll
10-28-2011, 07:31 PM
good info

ThePvpTwink
10-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Just be careful when fighting int mages. :D