PDA

View Full Version : Season rewards

Matutd
10-31-2017, 08:21 AM
I mentioned this in another thread but I feel like the matter deserves a thread of its own.

Will there not be at least something to show that youíve been on the leaderboard before, 1 season reward doesnít really seem worth the amount of effort it takes to get to the top.

Maybe just a vanity helmet, can be the same one for each tier just 3 different colours and even the same for each season and just have like a Roman numeral etching on the vanity to see what season its from

The top players are likely to be the ones spending money on the game, surely it makes sense to give them an incentive to continue to do so

angeldawn
10-31-2017, 08:31 AM
I do agree that if the rewards are temporary I have no incentive to try to achieve it, because it will be gone again in no time.

Maybe it is because Iím not as competitive as others, I donít know. Bragging rights are fun but with this being a causal game and me needing to get busy again i wouldnít spend tons of effort (farming and upgrading) to get back on the leaderboard for something temporary

Matutd
10-31-2017, 08:36 AM
Even if we just get to keep the badge, just something to reward the players that have worked hard for the season.

Azerothraven
10-31-2017, 08:45 AM
maybe give them limited time titles, banners or vanities specific to each season?

Oldcoot
10-31-2017, 08:55 AM
I must agree with angel,.....side note why is my signature not showing up?

Matutd
10-31-2017, 09:22 AM
maybe give them limited time titles, banners or vanities specific to each season?

There’s going to be limited time titles and badges, the point is that it’s not much of an incentive for players that worked hard when it disappears after a season

Mr.Wallace
10-31-2017, 11:25 AM
For me trying to beat my own score is incentive enough
I think all lasting items will be founders' helm all over again

Oldcoot
10-31-2017, 11:34 AM
That was incentive for me to play and not miss that cool vanity that was a one time thing to get. But I also see that left some people feeling excluded

Azerothraven
10-31-2017, 11:54 AM
There’s going to be limited time titles and badges, the point is that it’s not much of an incentive for players that worked hard when it disappears after a season

What I meant by this is a unique title in addition to the limited timed titles that don't disappear after every season

Matutd
10-31-2017, 01:58 PM
It’s not similar to founders. Once you missed founders you’d missed it. With this you have a chance every single season.

What I meant by this is a unique title in addition to the limited timed titles that don't disappear after every season
Ahh yes, honestly just anything that stays longer than a month. AL get banners for season rewards. Surely a title isn’t too much.

Matutd
10-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Just seen the badges, they look good. Surely just put a number 1 on that badge and let everyone keep them. Then put a 2 on it for season 2 and so on

VROOMIGoRealFast
10-31-2017, 04:37 PM
Just seen the badges, they look good. Surely just put a number 1 on that badge and let everyone keep them. Then put a 2 on it for season 2 and so on

The Leaderboard Seasons are only 1 month long (we found even in AL no one cares about the leaderboard until the week before season end), so putting numbers on the badge would not be sustainable, 2 years into the game and we're putting 24s on everything!

Matutd
10-31-2017, 04:56 PM
The Leaderboard Seasons are only 1 month long (we found even in AL no one cares about the leaderboard until the week before season end), so putting numbers on the badge would not be sustainable, 2 years into the game and we're putting 24s on everything!
I dunno, that doesn’t seem too bad. It’s not like you’ll have to put 4 digits on it ever? Even 3 digits is ridiculously far away

Ydra
10-31-2017, 08:32 PM
There is an even better solution.
Have a badge of a different color each year (just like the banners in AL).
Then, each month could have the corresponding roman numeral. (1 through 12).
The rank on the LB would be differentiated by the design of the badge (better design for 1st place, etc).

Java
10-31-2017, 09:42 PM
I understand the need for temp badge & titles for current lb winners...What about a one time achievement title such as "Seasoned', 'Good Once", or "Waverunner" ha! Just a thought.

#irankedonthegauntletlbonceandallIgotisthislousyts hirt

Avaree
11-01-2017, 09:59 AM
As a casual player, I like the way the duration of the seasons/rewards are with the gauntlet.