PDA

View Full Version : Immo vs Horrific vs Flamed Staff?

Reakmgc
11-08-2017, 01:09 AM
Since I've been testing with these 3 weapons...
I'd say immo and horrific are approximately equal in power, but
If u have a good pt, immo is better than horrific
If u have the best pt, horrific is better... (Include Pve kills count)
And Flamed is also good to use and with jewel elixir, but mobs will target u first...
What do u think? This could benefit me and all mage players...
Thanks...

Sent from my SM-G720N0 using Tapatalk

Geusaquc
11-08-2017, 02:09 AM
Can't personally speak for horrific, but it depends on the map, the spec, and the pt makeup. If I'm the only mage in the pt, maus 1-4 I generally prefer hex staff, then immo for 4-6. If there's two mages I always opt for one of each, if they use immo I'll use hex. Immo is by far the best if your pt can handle really big pulls, but you become incredibly useless when you get down to one or two mobs because it just doesn't proc enough.
I usually go fireball, clock, gale, shield with hex staff to get both DoT for proc, and also not dying from curse.
With immo I tend to go more defensive using heal, clock, gale, shield and play more like a mini tank letting the banish proc do all the work instead of worrying about actual damage output.
Again, I can't really say anything about horrific but if I were to speculate I'd say it's kind of an improved hex staff, which is how I'd personally use it.
In my VERY general opinion, horrific > hex > immo, up to m4. Immo > horrific > hex, from m4 upwards. That being said, each weapon has scenarios that it excels in more than the others.

Thewolfbull
11-08-2017, 07:46 AM
I'm not a mage but from what i've seen from the mages I play with immortal is the best all around weapon for mauseleum.

Kharjojo
11-08-2017, 10:59 AM
I'm not a mage but from what i've seen from the mages I play with immortal is the best all around weapon for mauseleum.

Yeah that's true, but consider also that is way too easy to make the immortal staff proc.
It's 3 days i'm using the horrorific staff and all i can say is that is harder to make it procs, but when you find how to... well, the difference is huge.
That being said, i enjoy a lot running with another mage who's using a different weapon (flame or immo). For a good run, generally, is needed to switch your weapon (if you can ofc XD), depending on the party/crowd.

Irg
11-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Run with immo staff is about 1.2X faster than horrific but easy to leave a lot of none grouped mob behind
Because it does sooo poorly against just 1or 2mobs
The benifts of the horrific staff is the high damage against both one or grouped mob, yes porc a bit more rare
But whennit proc, it melt down mob and basically give you 1pve kill right off the back

For me i like immo a bit better because emm, i find banish 3-5mobs at once satisfying xd
But for the longer turm definitely horrific because give you 50-100pve one run

Xxkayakxx
11-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Hex forever. Just love the proc......
And in raid is funny when everybody yell at you because of connection (that’s on wild fire :P )
Anyway to me nowadays quite anything is very good between the 3 staff. But I run with no particular rush.

Midgard_papa
11-08-2017, 02:50 PM
I roll with horrorific.
the brute force of 4k dmg 5k dps
the proc on top of that

maus 5 and 6 in 20mins maybe less

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

QuaseT
11-08-2017, 04:07 PM
I'm for Immo for sure. Can run through m6 if u dont care about letting some single mobs stay. Also perfect for m6 lich/vory aps farm.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

intizamfamily888
11-08-2017, 04:25 PM
I will just stick to my drag blades in my corner:>

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

will0
11-08-2017, 08:24 PM
horrific staff are horrible in process rate and 2 x slower than flame staff and immo staff thus the price of immo staff cost more than 66 arcane staff.

Kakashis
11-09-2017, 04:15 PM
In mauso 1-3, higher damage is better thus the horrific staff is slightly better. Once you get to m5+, the mage had better have at least one flame staff in party. Immo staff is only good if at least one flame is present. If there's a flame and an Immo, only then would a horrific shine a little at finishing off the final 1 or 2 mobs, at which I found people with the 66 gun to be better at this point. Some extremely op mages if they're the only one in party, they Immo staff huge pulls, then swap to flame/gun to burn through last few mobs. Ofc dragon staff is the most op at bosses.

WilliamTheFighter
11-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Starting this post saying that all those staff are great if well used..Personally I tried all of them and the difference I noticed its linked to the other weapons that other players use..I ll explain better. Every weapon can match its proc with others..example.
-Hex staff (which burn enemies) can match great with horrific staff (which charm them). Both procs are increased by terror blade (pull vortex)
- horrific staff match great with dread arcane bow of rogues. The same proc of both weapons make the dealing dmg realy great!
- immo staff is the one I prefere less cause its banish proc is great..but basicly you need to count only on that (and not on dmg dealt)..this means to kill fast all the mobs as with a full horrific staff party..I suggest to use 3 immo staff mages.

I tried every possible combo of parties m6 with guildies and here are the best ones:

- 1 war (terror) + 3 mages (full horrific or mix with 1 or 2 hex staff full int or str build)

-1 war (glint aegis) 3 mages (immo staff full str build)

-1 rogue (dread bow with full voice/night set) + 3 mages (full horrific or mix with hex staff)

-1 rogue (drag daggs with full voice/night) + (hex and horrific staff)

Those combo melt hp of mobs rly fast. The parties can match their proce and have more effect. To make it faster add a whim, a toor, a glow and a magma. (Those pets increase the charm n burn procs also for the rogues wep)

Where I didnt write the use of voice or night it means its always needed at least of a 3/5 of one of those sets.
Hope to have helped sharing my experience, good day ;)

*p.s. immo staff can match with arcane gun 66 bur proc but hard to use it well and required speed set.
* drag staff required at every boss apart bael.
* this not means the classic party 1 rogue 1 war 2 mages inst good.

-Will

Inviato dal mio SM-J510FN utilizzando Tapatalk

alxe
11-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Well i do have all 3..i would say its about the party,if im the only mage i do use immo becuase hex just dosent make the cut sometimes,if im pared with another horror user we just clear mobs so easily, and if i have a hex user i do use horror. They all have thier momment to shine i guess and just goes back to your prefrences.

(Although immo staff is my bae, coz i like collecting everything that banishes lol)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

intizamfamily888
11-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Am i the only one who think that mobs getting stunned by drag blades get instantly procced down by hex staffs. I somehow noticed that they seem to proc better if drag blades proc

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk