View Full Version : Sunk Cost Fallacy

Ydra
11-11-2017, 10:08 AM
For those of you spending on awakening gems, lockeds, or what-not:

Sunk Cost Fallacy

Definition: The idea that a company or organization is more likely to continue with a project if they have already invested a lot of money, time, or effort in it, even when continuing is not the best thing to do.
Your decisions are tainted by the emotional investments you accumulate, and the more you invest in something the harder it becomes to abandon it.

PS: Don't get me wrong. If you want to spend all your gold on awakenings or lockeds, I thank you for it, because you keep the game moving forward by helping STS have a profit.
However, since lately I have seen a lot of posts concerning spending a lot on gambling, and then having no return, this is just some advice if you want to avoid the same situation.

Not a drama thread, just my two cents.

ssbake
11-11-2017, 11:02 AM
For those of you spending on awakening gems, lockeds, or what-not:

Sunk Cost Fallacy

Definition: The idea that a company or organization is more likely to continue with a project if they have already invested a lot of money, time, or effort in it, even when continuing is not the best thing to do.
Your decisions are tainted by the emotional investments you accumulate, and the more you invest in something the harder it becomes to abandon it.

PS: Don't get me wrong. If you want to spend all your gold on awakenings or lockeds, I thank you for it, because you keep the game moving forward by helping STS have a profit.
However, since lately I have seen a lot of posts concerning spending a lot on gambling, and then having no return, this is just some advice if you want to avoid the same situation.

Not a drama thread, just my two cents.I don't get your point [emoji849]

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

Ydra
11-11-2017, 11:42 AM
After you begin awakening, for instance, and you don't get anything after 30 tries, you (incorrectly) think that a good awaken is due, so you keep awakening because of how much you already spent on that item.

The chance of getting a good awaken (or looting an arcane from a locked) is the same on the 1st or 1000th time, even though we have a "feeling" it's not. If you get no arcanes in 999 lockeds, you may think the probability of looting one in the 1000th is higher, when it's not.

ravacie c
11-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Sure maybe maybe

Boltag
11-12-2017, 12:54 AM
Hmmm, whaaat??