Firefright
10-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Hay I've never done so I thought it would be cool if I did so plz answer

Skeletonlord
10-29-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure

MoarPewPew
10-29-2011, 02:40 PM
You can self host one on the forums. If the contest is worth while the devs may join in and support the prizes.

Firefright
10-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Ok Ty

javier995
10-29-2011, 02:43 PM
As was said above. Just make one yourself, devs can join to support you with the prizes if they want.

MoarPewPew
10-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I recommend you pre plan it out so it runs smoothly.

javier995
10-29-2011, 02:55 PM
I recommend you pre plan it out so it runs smoothly.

Yes make sure it's a good contest that everyone can be a part of. Also make sure you have a prize. lol

BodMaster
10-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Hay I've never done so I thought it would be cool if I did so plz answer

Here a few pointers I have given in the past,

When putting something like this or any contest together here are a few pointers;

First of all, an Eye Catching Name for the thread this could pass by without anyone taking an interest.

Needs to look good! (Presentation wise) At the moment its one block of text and im sure not many has read it fully because if this. Could have pictures or just added colour or format in general to stand out.

Worded correctly so that people do not see this as a dig etc.

Need to give clear guidelines of what this will entail.

Need to have the Prizes for this planned out and not just hope that others will donate to make this a success or a fail if they do not. (A massive indicator and insensitive for players to even consider this)

Clear deadlines when it will start as you have, how long this will last and also how many contestants you are willing to let participate.

Pretty much what im trying to say is that, if this had been put through the proper procedures above im sure there would have been a number of players interested and willing to donate etc.

One of your best bets would have been taking a look at Eb's Race Contest or Rodvik's Halloween contest etc. (searchbar 'contest')

Hope you seen this as constructive criticism and not a troll or flame post.

Try use these, to make it stand out,

Basics with code

Bold ~ Highlight text click B icon or type (B)<msg>(/B) *Changing () to []*

Italic ~ Highlight text click I icon or type (I)(/I)

Underline ~ Highlight text click U or (U)(/U)

Center ~ (CENTER)(/CENTER)

Left ~ (LEFT)(/LEFT)

Right ~ (RIGHT)(/RIGHT)

Size 1 ~ (SIZE=*)(/SIZE) Size 1 Size 2 Size 3 Size 4 Size 5

* Change to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.

There's alot more of these but im not going to list them unless you need me too, colours, bullet points, number points etc :)

Have a go of some of the above :)