PDA

View Full Version : Inactivity Detector?

Zeus
10-29-2011, 05:02 PM
So, I was thinking, many of the players of PL and SL play late at night. Why? The majority of them have work and they don't free up until night. Humans aren't nocturnal, so they obviously start falling asleep around this period. This is fine, but when it comes to the concerns of platinum elixirs, falling asleep while on them is not a good thing to do.

I made a crude remedy of this by requesting a friend to boot me if he noticed I was inactive. Why? This would kill the elixir.

It's not that much of a common problem, but it would definitely be something convenient to have. That way, in case you're lying in bed and playing, you don't have to worry about conking out and wasting your elixir.

Granted, I may be a bit biased because this has happened to me a few times in the past, but it's food for thought.

For example: To complete a map takes about 10 minutes tops. If you are inactive for about 5 minutes, you could automatically be sent back to balefort to conserve the elixir or even freeze the elixir time. This would also be beneficial to the players in the map, because that way somebody could join that would actually be useful.

WoundedEagle
10-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Smart idea Parf!

Buubuuftw
10-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Ahhh so like an AFK thing? And maybe at the 4 minute mark you should get a warning that your about to be booted?

Otukura
10-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Smart idea Parf!

:o

/3

KingFu
10-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Nice idea bro! I can relate lol. could also maybe make it so once all mobs are cleared and the map is complete the elixir freezes?:)

Nick41324
10-29-2011, 05:25 PM
What about a 'not active' thing you can choose to put on and put off to warn people you aren't active and you aren't allowed to play till you turn the warning off (so you can't just tell people you aren't active)

Sorry if I hijacked >.< I'll stop

NECROREAPER
10-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Coming from the AFK king!!!!

Zeus
10-29-2011, 05:42 PM
What about a 'not active' thing you can choose to put on and put off to warn people you aren't active and you aren't allowed to play till you turn the warning off (so you can't just tell people you aren't active)

Sorry if I hijacked >.< I'll stop

Ghost mode? Yeah, I like the sound of that.

@Necro, This might be from the AFK King, but the Sleep King seems to be winning the battle.

Walkhardd
10-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Lmao..I've wasted 2 elixers from falling asleep..so, good idea! I also like the idea of "ghost"mode..I'm afk a lot.

milikechicken
10-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Umm i like it :) but they should allow there to be a check mark of it in options.. Cause ppl farming halloween hall? they need ppls afk'd at haunted...

Nourish
10-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Or like an auto logout? Good idea :)

Slush
10-29-2011, 09:43 PM
This would be great for pvp rooms too, I hate it when it says 5/6 players, but I can't join because someone is inactive at the scoreboard screen.

Gluttony
10-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Ah, the problems of the rich. I have so much plat that I decide to burn them while I sleep. If you don't think you're up enough to complete 5 min of the game, then perhaps you should take a break right then and there. I'd like a real world application for this idea please: if I'm too tired to drive myself home and start to fall asleep, please develop a car that will pull over and park itself after 5 min of non-steering please. Most people know that if they're too tired it's best to take a nap before taking that gamble.

Zeus
10-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Ah, the problems of the rich. I have so much plat that I decide to burn them while I sleep. If you don't think you're up enough to complete 5 min of the game, then perhaps you should take a break right then and there. I'd like a real world application for this idea please: if I'm too tired to drive myself home and start to fall asleep, please develop a car that will pull over and park itself after 5 min of non-steering please. Most people know that if they're too tired it's best to take a nap before taking that gamble.

Lol Gluttony, I don't have other time to play PL other than the night time, so I'm kinda locked out on this. :(

That being said, it was just a suggestion that I'm sure many would appreciate. I don't mind that much, since it's only 36 platinum an elixir, but every little bit helps in the long run..

EDIT: As for the car reference, Mercedes is getting there. They already incorporate something similar and could serve to fill this purpose in their S-Class cars.
The car, if it senses foolhardy driving or a possible inevitable class, it takes over until the driver is safe.

Gluttony
10-29-2011, 11:54 PM
That being said, it was just a suggestion that I'm sure many would appreciate. I don't mind that much, since it's only 36 platinum an elixir, but every little bit helps in the long run..

EDIT: As for the car reference, Mercedes is getting there. They already incorporate something similar and could serve to fill this purpose in their S-Class cars.
The car, if it senses foolhardy driving or a possible inevitable class, it takes over until the driver is safe.

As I said, the problems of the rich... such a hard life. Notice you said only 36 plat, I've not spent that much plat on anything. As for the Mercedes statement, notice a trend here. I was aware of what their cars can do and I'd say it again, but I think you get the point Richie Rich.

Problems of the plat rich: I need something to do now that my 3 toons are all at cap.
Problems of the plat poor: 2 weeks to level, my main still needs 50k xp til cap.

Problems of the rich: I really wish this car would steer for me if I happen to take my eyes off the road.
Problems of the poor: I really wish this car wouldn't veer hard to the left every time I take my hands off the wheel.

Whirlzap
10-30-2011, 12:59 AM
So, I was thinking, many of the players of PL and SL play late at night. Why? The majority of them have work and they don't free up until night. Humans aren't nocturnal, so they obviously start falling asleep around this period. This is fine, but when it comes to the concerns of platinum elixirs, falling asleep while on them is not a good thing to do.

I made a crude remedy of this by requesting a friend to boot me if he noticed I was inactive. Why? This would kill the elixir.

It's not that much of a common problem, but it would definitely be something convenient to have. That way, in case you're lying in bed and playing, you don't have to worry about conking out and wasting your elixir.

Granted, I may be a bit biased because this has happened to me a few times in the past, but it's food for thought.

For example: To complete a map takes about 10 minutes tops. If you are inactive for about 5 minutes, you could automatically be sent back to balefort to conserve the elixir or even freeze the elixir time. This would also be beneficial to the players in the map, because that way somebody could join that would actually be useful.
Parth, that's a good/bad idea.

I can imagine you booting me by "accident" and saying:
OOPS WHIRLZ I THOUGHT U JUST WENT AFK LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

-.-

Anyways, I think it's best for every 5-10 minutes of no actions done, a little AFK sign pops up on your screen.
Then beside you name, to the left, it would say <AFK>.

So if I were gone for 5-10 minutes, people could see me as <AFK>Xwhirlz
My IGN would still be Xwhirlz, but people could see me like that.
A message could be sent out to anyone who tries to invite you/PM you, and if you are in party, a message is given out to say you are AFK.
i think in dungeons, a giant box that covers your screen with 120 seconds countdown should pop up every 5 min of inactiveness.
You can press "I'm back!" or simply let it stay there and get to 0, thus booting you.

Whirlzap
10-30-2011, 01:00 AM
As I said, the problems of the rich... such a hard life. Notice you said only 36 plat, I've not spent that much plat on anything. As for the Mercedes statement, notice a trend here. I was aware of what their cars can do and I'd say it again, but I think you get the point Richie Rich.
Heboughtthe500plathelmvanity.

Hegotdagirlsonhimnao.

Lol jk. Yep, rich has problem.
I have it gold-wise, him, plat-wise:/
Let's trade parf!

Nick41324
10-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Or like an auto logout? Good idea :)
WHAT IF! Sts takes advantage of the motion sensor (forgot the real name) and if the phone isn't moved too drastically for 5min, then it logs you off?

Skeletonlord
10-30-2011, 01:29 AM
All good ideas here. I like the auto logoff because I am afk sometimes and people keep messaging me andi can't reply

Mageprodigy
10-30-2011, 05:21 AM
good idea! +1 :)

Zeus
10-30-2011, 11:24 AM

Problems of the plat rich: I need something to do now that my 3 toons are all at cap.
Problems of the plat poor: 2 weeks to level, my main still needs 50k xp til cap.

Problems of the rich: I really wish this car would steer for me if I happen to take my eyes off the road.
Problems of the poor: I really wish this car wouldn't veer hard to the left every time I take my hands off the wheel.

I understand what your getting at. This was just a suggestion, as I'm aware it's my fault for playing when I'm so exhausted. Question though? When did this thread turn into a talk about wealth? This would be a useful implementation for just about everyone because platinum is platinum and money is money. How much you value the two is a different story, right? :)

DawnInfinity
10-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Bahaha. You always fell asleep in game.

lilgangster
10-30-2011, 06:55 PM
finnaly sum1 else notices tht playing PL and falling asleep at night wastes time/elixers.

Moogerfooger
10-30-2011, 07:01 PM

I'm not getting into this debate/topic, but....

Lolz.

ThePvpTwink
10-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Lol. +1

Otukura
10-30-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm thinking I'd rather have STS work on other things, than develop something for this -- no matter how easy it is. In agreement with Glutt here. If you really want to save your elixirs, have a program to text you every __ minutes, and you won't waste more than ___+2 minutes of your elixir.

Zeus
10-30-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm thinking I'd rather have STS work on other things, than develop something for this -- no matter how easy it is. In agreement with Glutt here. If you really want to save your elixirs, have a program to text you every __ minutes, and you won't waste more than ___+2 minutes of your elixir.

You can do that? Do you mind teaching me how on an iOS?

Otukura
10-30-2011, 09:31 PM
You can do that? Do you mind teaching me how on an iOS?iOS.. hmm.

I know how to with android, 90% sure I could with a computer. Haven't given any thought to iOS. Let me see if I can figure out how.

Ixillicus
10-31-2011, 07:34 AM
As an easier, self-implementing solution. If you are tired, only play while laying on your back, phone over your face. If you fall asleep, you will drop the phone and it will smack you in the face, thus waking you up.

I was having a hard time thinking of a way around this... then it hit me!

Gluttony
10-31-2011, 08:00 AM
You can do that? Do you mind teaching me how on an iOS?

Here you are, the poor man's implementation:

Step #1 Choose the Clock app.
Step #2 Set an alarm.
Step #3 Turn alarm on (most important step):
Step #4 Wait

The alarm message appears on screen and the phone will alarm with the sound that you have set. It can be pretty loud; I play with the sound off so it's pretty obvious by comparison plus the phone will also vibrate. The message can be removed with just a simple tap of the screen much like a text message and you don't even have to miss a beat if you're actually awake. The best part is that if the message goes unclicked for more than a minute, you will be kicked from the game. I tested the actual time, but it would require a second person and a live chat to verify that I was actually logged out of whatever instance I was previously in. Proof that sometimes the simplest solution is the most effective.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1773/img1242.png

I know it's not as ingenious as an inactivity detector, but it sure does beat a lump on the noggin à la Sir Isaac Newton (though I did love that suggestion Ixillicus, it was truly the poor man's suggestion).