PDA

View Full Version : Rocketeer Helmet

javier995
10-29-2011, 09:16 PM
I like the new mechanical man helmet look-a-like! It's good for those who can't find one but have enough plat to get one! All i want to know is, why was it made to resemble the mechanical man helmet??

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/Screenshot-1319940769715.png

Ardon
10-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Why is it only available for 5 hours?
The deal of the day should last 24 hrs.
And on a Saturday the weekend of Halloween.
I don't get how that would make profit.

I just logged on right now to kill time before going toba Halloween party. I saw this and thought, "Well now I got a reason to buy plat. I'll buy $20 of plat tomorrow. "
But it's only for 5 hours.
I had just gotten a new debt card today and it's activated tomorrow. So I'm missing out on this. And probably so are alot more people.

Blind
10-29-2011, 09:53 PM
sts this is ridiculous, why don't u just make black x rays as well? U guys have been very disappointing lately :/

BodMaster
10-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Im quite annoyed at this move by sts.. so much for having a little customization.

Just had to log off it got to me that much couldnt enjoy even a few runs.

(Sorry Drues, Canon and Ephem :( Congrats on 35 though Dru buddy :D)

Cascade
10-29-2011, 10:00 PM
They even took Zaltiars name he used for his vanity helm name. They could have at least make it look as cool as zaltiars helm. The devs have been making some very..disturbing moves lately.

javier995
10-29-2011, 10:26 PM
They even took Zaltiars name he used for his vanity helm name. They could have at least make it look as cool as zaltiars helm. The devs have been making some very..disturbing moves lately.

Are you speaking of this one??

My main desktop with all my art programs is currently being updated/modified (getting slow and laggy)
but I dont let anything hold me back. here is my entry:

Rocketeer Helm
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n565/Pras_Rai/rocketeer-1.jpg
"Rock on with this helm and fly like a g6!"
This was done on my android tablet using the "Sketchbook pro" app, took me about an hour to design and make.
using my fingers, guh, kepth on shaking, so had to do it over and over :\
I wanted to make a similar "hooch hat" like helm for sl. haha. anyways, enjoy :)

CanonicalKoi
10-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Im quite annoyed at this move by sts.. so much for having a little customization.

Just had to log off it got to me that much couldnt enjoy even a few runs.

(Sorry Drues, Canon and Ephem :( Congrats on 35 though Dru buddy :D)

We wondered where we losted you. But I understand and so will the guys. :( Making it that similar to a hard-to-get vanity was not cool at all. The color difference isn't that great between it and Mech Man. And I feel really badly for the folks that farmed so hard to get the original; it's really not fair to them.

Phantasm0162
10-29-2011, 10:39 PM
I understand everyones arguments but look at it this way..maybe they did this because they know that drop rates for the mech man helm is hard so now there givin people a chance to get something they like (if you have platinum) plus its similar but not the same as the mech man helm its missing the little antenna thingy at the top and if you your not lucky enough to get the drop you can just buy the similar item for a limited time only and its not that expensive either

Cascade
10-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Yes javier I am referring to that.

Carth
10-29-2011, 10:45 PM

Might relate to this....

javier995
10-29-2011, 10:56 PM

Might relate to this....

Wow Good find

Drues
10-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Yah bod!:( and thanks:):) you were a great help now on too 36!! And I agree with all of you!

Ephemeris
10-29-2011, 11:55 PM
No problem, Bod -- we will tear it up again tomorrow. :-)

Zaltiar
10-30-2011, 04:26 AM
whoa. lol darn, nearly got a heart attack.

Zaltiar
10-30-2011, 04:29 AM

lol cas, I'm pretty sure they didn't even know about my helmet design :P.

but if they did.......*shakes fist in air* :P

Samhayne
10-30-2011, 04:36 AM

No, Thade made the helm for the deal of the day and I know that it wasn't to copy anyone's design.

Barrington
10-30-2011, 05:19 AM
I like the new mechanical man helmet look-a-like! It's good for those who can't find one but have enough plat to get one! All i want to know is, why was it made to resemble the mechanical man helmet??

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/Screenshot-1319940769715.png

thats odd that yours says 5 hours i just checked mine

Zaltiar
10-30-2011, 05:22 AM
No, Thade made the helm for the deal of the day and I know that it wasn't to copy anyone's design.
oh I know that sam haha, just fooling around. got one for myself anyways hahaha
edit : reminds me of the masked rider. ahhh brings back childhood memories!

BodMaster
10-30-2011, 06:30 AM
We wondered where we losted you. But I understand and so will the guys. :( Making it that similar to a hard-to-get vanity was not cool at all. The color difference isn't that great between it and Mech Man. And I feel really badly for the folks that farmed so hard to get the original; it's really not fair to them.

Yah bod!:( and thanks:):) you were a great help now on too 36!! And I agree with all of you!

No problem, Bod -- we will tear it up again tomorrow. :-)

Sorry again guys was a little cheezzed off last night logging on to that, though im over it now :)

Devs can you please not do the same for X-ray and Squid Buddy (Pretty please), appreciate the time Thade took to make this and to change it from original could have just changed the colour and been done with it. Just that getting a Vanity is like winning the lottery not everyone is ever going to win it but when one does they can start to settle down a little. Mechanical Helm prices are only going to go down and they were at the 2nd spot on the rare scale, and also people with the origiaanl are going to feel less customized esp for farming for a long time for one. Hope you all see this as constructive criticism :)

thats odd that yours says 5 hours i just checked mine

Hey Barry, the time corresponds to 12am in your time zone, if your DoTD has 13 hours left when new content is added then you will have 13 hours to get new deal of the day. This was brought up in bugs section where it was discussed to see if this was an error or not. So depending on your time zone this would change for each area.

Just logged in at mine says 12.30 hours left and since my time is 11.30 this would be spot on.

deafmaster
10-30-2011, 10:04 AM
I love it and bought one right away, but I"ll have to sat that just re-coloring helms is gonna bring down the prestige of the vanities. The ultra rare vanity stat will just be a different shade. Just my 2 cents. Love it though

javier995
10-30-2011, 10:35 AM

Why make it look like the mech helmet tho? Does this mean there will be xray and squid buddy look-a-likes too?

Slant
10-30-2011, 10:59 AM
that it looks like the mechman makes it more desirable, some called it the better version, but these are very very few, most would still prefer the in game item, and it is far more rarer anyway, so it doesnt matter that much if the items look similar, everyone knows the mech man is muuuuch more hardcore

arischal
10-30-2011, 11:16 AM
I just wish it looked like rockateer movie helmet

deafmaster
10-30-2011, 09:34 PM
I just wish it looked like rockateer movie helmet

Would be nice indeed, but I'm not sure that making it look like the movie would be worth the lawsuit 0.o

Barrington
10-30-2011, 10:37 PM
well if you thought that the rocketeer helmet is a recolor check this out

Bakoffmycandy
10-31-2011, 12:23 AM
I was a little urked about this but then today I logged in on my Tablet to check the DOTD & exact same thing. Another All ready Available vanity with a very little Graphic change. Im not bashing STS by any meens. Im sure the have sort of a full plate so to speak. But it is showing lack of Creativity & Imagination. Those aspects are both key in my opinion to creating a good Vanity Item. Fundamentally the choice is yours whether or not you choose to purchase these items or pass. My only suggestion to keep this from happening in the future is :

DEVs & Star Guards, Keep an Eye on the Creative portion of the STS Forums. Discuss them amongst yourselfs on a regular basis. Many players Have drawn their own Items & it would make any fan/player more than happy to actually have one of their creations used in game. I know I would would be ecstatic :black_eyed:

On top of that, Players & fans - Keep the Fan Art coming in a big way! I have seen some that were just amazing & deserve to be used. If there is an abundance of fan Art, that would be less work for STS employees brainstorming new ideas for Vanity items on top of all the other great content they are working on. I have a few very good Ideas for some Weapons or Weapon Vanities. I will try to put them to paper in the near future! Until then, I implore you to do the same :couple_inlove:

Liathea
10-31-2011, 02:54 PM
@Barrington: Yeah, that one's a recolor, but at least the item it was based off of was already a plat item and not a dropped vanity.

thefirehawk
10-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Why is it only available for 5 hours?
The deal of the day should last 24 hrs.
And on a Saturday the weekend of Halloween.
I don't get how that would make profit.

I just logged on right now to kill time before going toba Halloween party. I saw this and thought, "Well now I got a reason to buy plat. I'll buy $20 of plat tomorrow. "
But it's only for 5 hours.
I had just gotten a new debt card today and it's activated tomorrow. So I'm missing out on this. And probably so are alot more people.. Ya I was about to buy it but it changed I emailed support about it