PDA

View Full Version : I really need help

techlegend
10-30-2011, 12:05 PM
For some reason I can't download sl on my DROIDX. When i hit accept and download it started to say downloading in the top of my screen but then it said star legends is ongoing. I have no idea of what to do now. I have tried to stop and restart the download but it keeps saying its ongoing. Please help.

BodMaster
10-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Here's a link to the Support forum, ways that might help fix this,

http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

If not dont worry you can download this right off STS themselves in APK file :)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32473-StarLegends.apk-now-available-for-those-without-market-access

http://auth.pocketlegends.com/download/StarLegends.apk

Gazroast
10-30-2011, 08:04 PM
BodMaster, they haven't made you a helper bot yet?

What's the dealio, bro?

You get my vote!

javier995
10-30-2011, 08:08 PM
All you have to do is stay on the app screen. Where you go to hit download stay on that screen until in completely finishes, and don't leave that screen.

EDIT: I had the similar problem so I know this works.

This is the screen you shouldn't leave.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/Screenshot-1320023344250.png

techlegend
10-31-2011, 10:20 PM
I have tried that but it never loads

techlegend
10-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks I try it right away :)

Otukura
10-31-2011, 10:27 PM
From the home screen, try going:

Menu button --> Settings --> Applications --> All --> Download manager --> Clear Data/Force Close
Try downloading after this step, if it doesn't work, try the next part. I know the first part is redundant, but won't hurt.

Menu button --> Settings --> Applications --> All --> Download manager --> Clear Data/Force Close --> Back Button--> Market --> Clear data/Uninstall updates
And try it again.

If neither work(99% sure method one will) then go to account.spacetimestudios.com/download and click on StarLegends.apk. You'll need to go back into applications, and check a box that says "Unknown sources" to be able to install it. If that box isn't checked, you should be able to access the file again from the "Downloads" app(if you're on 2.3 or later), if you can't access it, download Astro File Manager, navigate to your "downloads" folder, and then find the apk inside of there.

Good luck!

javier995
10-31-2011, 10:52 PM
From the home screen, try going:

Menu button --> Settings --> Applications --> All --> Download manager --> Clear Data/Force Close
Try downloading after this step, if it doesn't work, try the next part. I know the first part is redundant, but won't hurt.

Menu button --> Settings --> Applications --> All --> Download manager --> Clear Data/Force Close --> Back Button--> Market --> Clear data/Uninstall updates
And try it again.

If neither work(99% sure method one will) then go to account.spacetimestudios.com/download and click on StarLegends.apk. You'll need to go back into applications, and check a box that says "Unknown sources" to be able to install it. If that box isn't checked, you should be able to access the file again from the "Downloads" app(if you're on 2.3 or later), if you can't access it, download Astro File Manager, navigate to your "downloads" folder, and then find the apk inside of there.

Good luck!

The apk file does the same. When I emailed support(when I had this problem) all they told me was how much memory i needed lol. I solved it myself so yea do what I said for regular and apk download. :)

Otukura
10-31-2011, 11:05 PM
The apk file does the same. When I emailed support(when I had this problem) all they told me was how much memory i needed lol. I solved it myself so yea do what I said for regular and apk download. :)

I've had this problem dozens of times for dozens of apps on both 2.3 and 2.2, and that never fixed it, I've tried that numerous times. Clearing DL manager's data has always done it for me.

javier995
10-31-2011, 11:27 PM

I've had this problem dozens of times for dozens of apps on both 2.3 and 2.2, and that never fixed it, I've tried that numerous times. Clearing DL manager's data has always done it for me.

Probably just works on my phone. All phones are different.

Otukura
10-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Probably just works on my phone. All phones are different.

In that case... :p

this has worked on a:

HTC nexus one
HTC incredible
HTC incredible S
Motorola Droid X
Motorola Droid Bionic
Motorola Droid X2
Samsung Galaxy S

And probably a few more I'm forgetting. Nearly all my friends at school get this problem from time to time.

bronislav84
11-02-2011, 09:30 AM
All you have to do is stay on the app screen. Where you go to hit download stay on that screen until in completely finishes, and don't leave that screen.

EDIT: I had the similar problem so I know this works.

This is the screen you shouldn't leave.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/Screenshot-1320023344250.pngOn my phone after tapping update it goes back to the My Apps list. Lots of apps get stuck downloading and do nothing. Staying on that screen has to be done quickly. I have to tap SL again.