PDA

View Full Version : L60 Glyph Obedience Set Contest!

Zeus
10-30-2011, 02:12 PM
So, I am making a contest for the exclusive glyph obedience dagger set! This will last until 11/4/11. In order to be a fair chance for everybody, I am not going to do anything creative for this contest, as I want everybody to participate.

LOTTERY CONTEST DETAILS!:
•Pick a number from 1-1000.
•Come up with a good reason as to why you want the set.
•You may not use a number others have already guessed, so make sure you check beforehand, otherwise your entry will not be counted.
•The person with the best number and reason will win.
•Grammar will help clarify what you mean and overall will make a better impression on me, therefore increasing your chances to win.
•YOU MAY NOT CHOOSE AN ALREADY CHOSEN NUMBER!
•Stealing somebody's reason for wanting the set will lead to disqualification.

TAKEN LOTTERY NUMBERS:

149, 777, 446, 996, 789, 500, 333, 576, 12, 16, 57, 8, 121, 666, 66, 763, 7, 888, 383, 290, 60, 162, 73, 343, 997, 18, 21, 472, 75, 621, 3, 42, 152, 1, 69, 860, 640, 123, 694, 402,
Donations are welcome! Everybody enjoy! Flame wars will get you disqualified!

USE CONTROL F or COMMAND F (on Mac) To see if your number is taken!

Lowlyspy
10-30-2011, 02:19 PM
I'll go with 290. I want it because everybody must OBEY ME! :p

Zeus
10-30-2011, 02:20 PM
ill go with 290. I want it because everybody must obey me! :p

omg! I love that pun!

Zeus
10-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Also, according to an inside tip for JaytB, C.O.T might be making some HEAVY donations to this contest, so keep them coming!

Ebalere
10-30-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm going to go with #60, for the level of Ebalere, and my reason for wanting this set is to try get back into PL. As it is now I have no money or gear and that keeps me from at least PvPing. Good luck to all who enter!

NoobianOfAlterra
10-30-2011, 02:36 PM
I pick 162, my lucky number. I think I should have the set because I just turned lvl 60 and having it will keep me interested in PL and maybe grind to 61. ;)

RBeltran
10-30-2011, 02:42 PM
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror 37 is the 12th and its mirror 21 is the product of multiplying, hang on to your hats, 7 and 3. In binary, 73 is a palindrome, 1001001 which backwards is 1001001

I want the set because I'm taking a dump as I am writing this. If I don't get it then I wasted my time typing this when I could have enjoyed that dump.

13lacklegionz
10-30-2011, 02:47 PM
I pick the number 343.

It's because 7 x 7 x 7 = 343, and 7 is my favourite number.

I wish to have the set to sell it and reach a certain monetary achievement (Hint: It's about 7). :D

kullak
10-30-2011, 02:48 PM
#997. I want it becouse i using custom set at lvl 60...

XchilangopwnX
10-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I pick numero (number) 18.
I have always had this number assigned to me in class. May be good luck. :s
My reason is simple, just like my sentences.
The glyph set is hard as crap to obtain. My rush to level 60 was to wear the set. I didn't count on it being hard to obtain. That is all. :]

kas3closed
10-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I choose the number 21 because its my lucky number and also my jersey number and i want the set so i can give it away to a less fortunate player in guild or out of guild makes me feel good knowing i can help. :)

WoundedEagle
10-30-2011, 02:54 PM
My guess is 472 because I could use the set since I am currently in Melodic Cap of Obedience, Glyph Leather of Mimicry, and Melodic Auto-bow of Obedience. Also, I won't be able to afford to get the Shield of Hallows due to no actually money. Best of luck to all!

Sincerely,
-we

MoarPewPew
10-30-2011, 02:57 PM
The number I pick is 75. The reason is.... that .75 is my overall k/d in pvp. It would be nice to have gear when I hit level 60 so I could possibly go positive. lol

Draopwnzall
10-30-2011, 03:11 PM
I pick the number 621. Well I think I should have this sey because maybe I can sell it and give some Gold to Guildies that need help buyin some items. I can also do a contest to win Gold for the Guild. Well bye Apollo!

furryfighter
10-30-2011, 03:16 PM
I pick number 3 and the reason I want it is that I could use it to get good gear for my main level 52 Dex bear (killerz-fnord)

JaytB
10-30-2011, 03:18 PM
I pick 42, because it's the answer to the universe and everything beyond.

The reason is, because I think that's the least I deserve after just sharing the answer to the meaning of life and much more :p

lilgangster
10-30-2011, 03:22 PM
I choose 777 because 7 is my lucky number, and i am the 3rd born in my family.
I really want this set. I think i desrve it becuase getting it will mean i can have an obe. Set, after i finish my demonic set.

Duped
10-30-2011, 05:02 PM
152 - Why that number? For a simple reason. That is the number of words you typed in the OP (yes I counted!) Clearly, I have cracked the code on what the magic number is, and therefore I get to live... oh, what's that? A glyph dagger set too? How cool! Thanks!

Matutd
10-30-2011, 05:12 PM
NUMBER 1 XD

I want the set because I used to have it, but when I heard of the release of mount fang (which at the time it was supposed to be released in October) I sold it , because I thought that they would go super cheap, and bought mimicry set. But now I have no idea where all the money went (seriously) I'm down to my last 40k :P so I went into pvp with mimicry set and got totally owned.

grenadiers
10-30-2011, 05:15 PM
My # is 69! Why? Because that is the best # I can think of.

I deserve the set because... well... hmm... err... well just because. Lol

Paar
10-30-2011, 05:16 PM
383 and I want the set because My friend Hasnt been active for a while and recently joined again and I wanna give him a Welcome back Present!

TheMatrixMan
10-30-2011, 05:19 PM
888! Y!? Because 8 never let me down, so more 8's means more chances of getting the glyph.

Conradin
10-30-2011, 05:20 PM
#7 Its the most powerfull wizarding number (can't lose now can I????) and also The set would bring back my drive to play to level 60. Right now im 56- and have no drive to get higher (been twinking my butooki off) and I think this set would look dope on my bear.

Shiv bear FTW??

Ambrogino
10-30-2011, 05:20 PM
763 i want the set so i have something good when i reach level 60 :)

blox
10-30-2011, 05:25 PM
i choose 66 ( next lvl cap! ) i want the obed set because i want some obedience around here instead of doing a job as mimicry in the oprea

milikechicken
10-30-2011, 05:35 PM
I choose #666 Because u're the devil for not giving it to me :) if i lose HAHA jkjk

I want it cause i wouldn't have nything else to wear during mt fang :)

ZHEOTARE
10-30-2011, 05:38 PM
I choose 121. That's Leli's birthday + mine and Kong's anniversary added together.

I'd like the set to give to Kong. She wants to have a dagger set since she just switched to dex-mage.

Irulelol
10-30-2011, 05:42 PM
8, Because it's the most awsomest number. I want the set because i have lost all motivation to level and it would give me a reason to play on my main again :banana:

Veoveoveo
10-30-2011, 05:47 PM
I'll go with 57 (my lvl)

I would love the set because, well, I'm half dex :P so I can use it, and it would get me fired up to hit lvl 60, since I'm rather poor :( so I would probably wait it out until Mt Fang, then the prices will lower, then I'll lvl. (I'm not very pumped now because of my gold)

Haowesie
10-30-2011, 06:10 PM
16 -- because that's how old i feel when i play PL (forever and ever, amen!) :D

thebetever
10-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Well I'll go with the number 12, the reason I pick twelve because its the average age of those little kiddies always begging for money lol no offense. Its also the highest number I can count to...... wait never mind I can only count to 5. I think. 1....2....4.....3...10........69....5... OK maybe I can't even count to five but that doesn't mean I don't deserve the obedience set it would look great on my bird.

Otukura
10-30-2011, 06:16 PM
576, it's worked for me before ;)

Uh... reason... motivation to get to 61? I'd sell it and use all gold combo elixirs, lol.

Smilingbird
10-30-2011, 06:17 PM
I choose you Pikachu! Nah, i choose number 333 because

In 1333 BC King Tutankhamen inherits the throne from his father Pharaoh Akhenaten. King Tut is easily the most recognized of the pharaohs due to the discovery of his lavish tomb in the 1920s and its subsequent exhibitions during the 20th century. Akhenaten was married to the famous Queen Nefertiti (who was not the mother of Tutankhamen) and is known for abandoning Egyptian polytheism in favor of an early form of monotheism.

In 333 BC Alexander the Great conquers Persia under Darius III in the Battle at Issus. He also conquers western Asia Minor, Phrygia, Byblos, Sidon, Syria, etc. Alexander the Great and his four successors are commonly believed to of fulfilled the prophecy in Daniel 8:5-8 as interpreted in Daniel 8:20-22. The historian Josephus even recorded that Alexander spared Jerusalem after the high priest presented the book of Daniel to him.

In 333 AD Flavius Julius Constans, the youngest son of Constantine I, is made Caesar at Constantinople. He later becomes co-emperor along with his brothers Constantine II and Constantius II. Constans tolerated Judaism, banned pagan sacrifices, and opposed Arianism (a belief which states that Christ, and by extension the Holy Spirit, was created and is therefore separate from, and inferior to, God the Father).

In 1333 AD a four year famine begins which kills six million in China.

The Sun's mass is 333,000 times that of the Earth (NASA Sun Fact Sheet).

The number 333 is increasingly associated with the year 2012 and the completion of the current Mayan Baktun; a cycle of 144,000 days. The present Baktun is the 13th and is said to end on 12/21/12 which reduces down to 3/3/3. This will have concluded a Mayan Long Count of ~5,129 years and the setting of the 4th world according to the Popol Vuh.

I deserve this set because i did a lousy cut and paste job. :) and i taught some people some history.

Trollee
10-30-2011, 06:33 PM
I'll pick the number 500.
Reason for number choice: It is the median number between 1 and 1000 and hence, it has the highest chance of being the closest number.
Reason why I would like this set: Well, who wouldn't? I'm still running around with a Reptilian Dagger and Tamer's Bracer so I think this set would be a significant upgrade that would also be greatly appreciated. =D

Arod8ball
10-30-2011, 06:34 PM
789... because someone else took 888.
why is 6 afraid of 7??? Because 7 ATE 9! I wish i put 888 up first lol.

I want it because I get everything I want... and you can prove that with this contest.

I'll be able to make my bear dex.... grr i hate str

adidaman
10-30-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm gonna go with 996, simply because it's the best number. I believe I deserve to win because like Charlie sheen, I win win win.

Fastcast
10-30-2011, 06:54 PM
888 i wont the set to sell.. lmao what?? Gold always keeps its value xD

Gluttony
10-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I choose 446 because it's the number of deaths that Gluttony now has thanks to the Demonic xbow set. The set is pretty beast but it has a tragic flaw; constant aggro gain and no armor to back it up. I cannot get the bosses off of me! It's like I'm a giant rotisserie chicken and they are well... gluttonous. I'd like the set to try my hand at some good old-fashioned close quarter combat and since my bear is stuck at level 1, this is the closest I'll ever get.

Side note: Somehow I have all the recipes to craft that set into a demonic dagger set, not sure how or when I got them but someday maybe I'd craft it. I have yet to see anyone use that set actually, you can contribute to the first blackbird death machine.

P.s. I'll let you affix a sticker to the bum; like they do with prized fighters, to get your guild some free adspace.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2583/img1238o.png

P.s.s. A picture is worth 1000 words, I'm up to 1164 tyvm!

Zeus
10-30-2011, 06:58 PM
I choose 446 because it's the number of deaths that Gluttony now has thanks to the Demonic xbow set. The set is pretty beast but it has a tragic flaw; constant aggro gain and no armor to back it up. I cannot get the bosses off of me! It's like I'm a giant rotissary chicken and they are well... gluttonous. I'd like the set to try my hand at some good old-fashioned close quarter combat and since my bear is stuck at level 1, this is the closest I'll ever get.

Side note: Somehow I have all the recipes to craft that set into a demonic dagger set, not sure how or when I got them but someday maybe I'd craft it. I have yet to see anyone use that set actually, you can contribute to the first blackbird death machine.

P.s. I'll let you affix a sticker to the bum; like they do with prized fighters, to get your guild some free adspace.

BWAAHAHAHAH! I lol'd irl. Thanks for the laughs, Gluttony. :)

Nickyeagle
10-30-2011, 07:05 PM
I choose 149 because it is the first 3 square roots! :) GO MATH!

@Apollo, sorry about that. Here is my reason for wanting the set.

If I got the set, I would probabily donate the set to a friend of mine who lost a ton of gold/items from a scam.

Zeus
10-30-2011, 07:07 PM
I choose 149 because it is the first 3 square roots! :) GO MATH!

You're missing your reason as to why you deserve the set. Note how I said state the reason for wanting the set, not the reason of your number selection.

Zeus
10-30-2011, 07:12 PM
I updated the number list, use control f or command f (if you are on mac) to see if your number was taken in the original post. Please refer to the original post before looking at your number.

@Fastcast, you need to change your number. The number you chose is already taken.

thedream
10-30-2011, 07:29 PM
860 is my number and the reason i want it is because i got burned pretty bad and lost money on a demonic set thanks!

Chiuey
10-30-2011, 07:30 PM
My number: 640.

Reason: This number is very important to me. I could have been dead if it wasn't for this most wonderful person of mine, my father.

I had pneumonia when I was six years old (included in my number above). I was often left home alone after my father takes me home from school. He, then, goes to work after and returns in the evening. One afternoon after my father had drop me off at home, I felt so weak that I could not stand anymore. The coldness was all over my body, my muscles weakened - my quick reaction was the lay down on the most comfortable furniture I could find before something happens, I had lay down on the couch before I passed out. The next memory was in the hospital; laying on the bed with IV lines going to my arms, not seeing any family members in sight.

The nurse came and told me that my father would come to meet me in a few hours. When he arrived, he had told me that I have to undergo a lung surgery that will help to drain the fluid around my lungs. My father had explained to me about the surgeons adding tubes to my lungs, but I could not understand. The surgery went fine and my lungs have healed. It's not as healthy, but I survived at such a young age. :) I was born and raised in a developed country, which I will not mention. I am now in a better living condition and also in a new country too!

The most important thing of all was that he returned to home because he had forgotten his documents for the meeting. The year was 2540 when this had happen (the 40 is for the number above for my reason). This is Buddhist calendar.

Number: 640; six years old and I had survived the lung surgery in the year 2540. I thank my father. Otherwise, I would not be here to spending plats on Pocket Legends.

Sorry for the long story! It's such an experience to know that we were about to die, but we lived. Don't waste your life away, guys!

Enisceloz
10-30-2011, 07:35 PM
123...because 1 is first, then 2 is second, and 3 is third lol.

I have an all Demonic Str Set and have no money now to buy Obidience Set. I would like to Dual Spec if I win the set!!

milikechicken
10-30-2011, 07:42 PM
I like this idea for a contest :)

I pick 777!!! I'm currently level 22, which probably means nothing lol anyway! There's nothing really at my current level that I would consider "legit". So this is a great oppurtunity for motivating myself to leveling up so that I could use this set. If you were looking at my pov, that set is like looking at a price tag of a mansion.

That's been chosen i believe.

Ayc2000
10-30-2011, 07:48 PM
# 521-birthday :)
I want this set because I have not been lucky with any pink drops since nuri's came out, and I wouldn't have enough gold to even buy a part of the set. Also, I haven't been lucky in pvp, against the glyph and demonic clad players with me in my assorted yellow and green gear. It would keep me striving toward 60 too, instead of my plan of just staying at level57-58.

Phoenixking
10-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Number....402
I want this set cause I'm greedy and I love stuff XD AND OBEDIENCE IS UTRA the gift of the great is obedience I want to be GREATER THEN GREAT!!!!

Phoenixking
10-30-2011, 08:20 PM
My number: 640.

Reason: This number is very important to me. I could have been dead if it wasn't for this most wonderful person of mine, my father.

I had pneumonia when I was six years old (included in my number above). I was often left home alone after my father takes me home from school. He, then, goes to work after and returns in the evening. One afternoon after my father had drop me off at home, I felt so weak that I could not stand anymore. The coldness was all over my body, my muscles weakened - my quick reaction was the lay down on the most comfortable furniture I could find before something happens, I had lay down on the couch before I passed out. The next memory was in the hospital; laying on the bed with IV lines going to my arms, not seeing any family members in sight.

The nurse came and told me that my father would come to meet me in a few hours. When he arrived, he had told me that I have to undergo a lung surgery that will help to drain the fluid around my lungs. My father had explained to me about the surgeons adding tubes to my lungs, but I could not understand. The surgery went fine and my lungs have healed. It's not as healthy, but I survived at such a young age. :) I was born and raised in a developed country, which I will not mention. I am now in a better living condition and also in a new country too!

The most important thing of all was that he returned to home because he had forgotten his documents for the meeting. The year was 2540 when this had happen (the 40 is for the number above for my reason). This is Buddhist calendar.

Number: 640; six years old and I had survived the lung surgery in the year 2540. I thank my father. Otherwise, I would not be here to spending plats on Pocket Legends.

Sorry for the long story! It's such an experience to know that we were about to die, but we lived. Don't waste your life away, guys!Soz for double post but I was so sick one that I passed out too but in like a whole day I mean a whole day 24 hours I woke up and was really tired. Another was I was drowning and I felt my lungs getting a little filled and I started to lose energy but then a women save me and I still don't know her name.

YYZ????
10-30-2011, 09:01 PM
13. Lucky Number & Birthday.

I would love to win the set to help me stay motivated. Currently struggling with my Bear. I want to get him up to 60. If I had this waiting for me I would definitely keep charging.

Abagatan
10-31-2011, 12:49 AM
311 has grass roots y'all.
I would love, love, love the set. Throughout my grind to 60, I have been blessed with zer0 L60 obedience pieces. My only 'L60' has been a battlesword. I have been praying to the wrong idols, and have taken my lashings for it. I am ready. The dagger set would be a sign the winds of change have finally blown my way.

Eric Huang
10-31-2011, 01:17 AM
I'll choose 808 because my birthday Is 08/08 XD

Aneheazatek
10-31-2011, 04:05 AM
i chose 287.

Reason : Just would like to see how far luck gets me to.

Naonagotek
10-31-2011, 06:36 AM
reason; no pinks are droping

xbabybugszx
10-31-2011, 08:28 AM
My # is 214. I would enjoy this set because i have been recently hacked and i have been making my gold little by little. So far ive mad 500k our of the 2mil i lost. This set would be a great help :)

Whisper72
10-31-2011, 08:50 AM
My number is 42. Yeah... its the solution to the universe...

As to the reason for earning this set? I need the cash / cant afford such a rare and expensive set. Been grinding and churning for months now, and I only rakced up about 200K in gold. Never got lucky on a cool pink (only bunches of useless OA pinks). To top it all off, got scammed for 100K a few days ago, setting me back badly in financial terms... Yeah. I am a poor shmuck currently...

Corvi
10-31-2011, 09:02 AM
I choose #999, I need the set because I want to change my full int mage to int/dex

Whirlzap
10-31-2011, 09:13 AM
The number of mine is 1337.
Glyph Obedience Set I want, for whacking Parth in the head with bow that is wooden.

Rare
10-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Ahh what the heck...

222. I chose this number in honor of my Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and their crushing win over the Clemson Tiger on Homecoming this past Saturday. This number represents the most lopsided margin of victory in NCAA football history when Georgia Tech beat Cumberland 222-0. I know, its Cumberland, but here were the statistics:

Team Rushing Passing Kicking
Att Yards TD Fumb Lost Comp–Att Yards TD Int FGM–FGA XPM–XPA
Cumberland 27 –96 0 9 2–18 14 0 6 0–0 0–0
Georgia Tech 40 1,620 32 0 0–0 0 0 0 0–0 30–32

As for why I need the set... I need it because it is a great set. Not only that, but it came from Apollo, which makes it even greater. Anything Apollo touches is great. You're my idol and hero. And I'll buy you a cheeseburger if I get it.

ATL

apocketlegend
10-31-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm choosing #20 because that's my basketball number and that was my grandmas lucky number and she had breast cancer. I think I should get the set because I work hard to farm and very rarely get pinks. I'm a less fortunate Lvl 61 who has rather awful gear. Please consider giving me the set Parth :)

JJXEJECT
10-31-2011, 07:23 PM

I would love to get set because we did have that awesome 1v1 fight :D and it would help me get the items I would need to prepare for next update and twinks etc... loved our fight. Really fun!

Zeus
10-31-2011, 07:25 PM

I would love to get set because we did have that awesome 1v1 fight :D and it would help me get the items I would need to prepare for next update and twinks etc... loved our fight. Really fun!

Yeah, it was really fun! You are one of the best birds I've seen! (:

JJXEJECT
10-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah, it was really fun! You are one of the best birds I've seen! (:

Same! you got me pumped :redface: hope to do it again ^ ^

Cytokinesis
10-31-2011, 07:37 PM

Zeus
10-31-2011, 07:41 PM

Did you read the entire thing Cyto? This won't be considered as a valid entry. :(

Cytokinesis
10-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Did you read the entire thing Cyto? This won't be considered as a valid entry. :(
oh ya...( im lazy, im srry) Heres my explanation: so i can sell it make millions :D

AbsolutePally
10-31-2011, 07:47 PM
# 744 bc its the number I always see!! And I wanna craft my set!

cmangalos
10-31-2011, 08:09 PM
pls add 304, my gf's birthday :)

Onaraasider
10-31-2011, 08:19 PM
my number is 713. the reason i need the set is becuase i, unlike my other aquaintences will need new armor to wear when i get to lvl 57.

Pink-O-Mat
10-31-2011, 08:45 PM
My # is 456!

I need the set because I want to use it as soon as possible so i can farm some money before Mt fang and then use it to lvl to lvl 65 :)

Aziscitie
11-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Ill take 137, the inverse fine structure constant...why, because I'm a nerd.

I want the set because who doesn't want free stuff. Second, this might encourage me to play again since lately I'm kinda just hanging out in towns. Drop rates are ridiculously low and I'm short in cash.

Jsaieagle
11-01-2011, 04:43 AM

Reason... I'm now using only nuri hood, robe, trash wand and eye :(

nmyxspaceship
11-01-2011, 06:09 AM
reason:
Thats the day and month my great grandma was born RIP:peaceful:

Awesome Apollo cant wait to see who wins!

I need demonic set because....Well I dont need it more than any other player right now but it would make the game a whole lot easier:)

Ill also donate my demonic plate for you to sell and have gold prize or throw in there with it:)

Spekticle
11-01-2011, 07:48 AM

I need the set because right now I'm running with Nuri's and can't stand it.

Fatpigwarrior
11-01-2011, 07:51 AM
I pick number I pick number 382 because I've had my account for that long!!!
I think I should win the set because I am in need of a cool set for Mt. Fang!

Hekpoc
11-01-2011, 11:24 AM
1. Where to start? First Ill pick my number 324 (my birthday.)

Now the all important question as to why should I have the set. The answer is simple. I have played PL for well over a year now as you know my friend. I have pillaged, I have looted, I have farmed and merched. All to give it all away in February; all of my gear, all of my money, everything, even potions. I was bored of PL after having 3 50’s and two 35’s. PL was losing its appeal. I kept my 35 twink gear for casual pvp’ing. Now 3 weeks ago I decided it might be interesting to pve again. The addiction came back in full swing. The farming, leveling, merching and just over all playing. I’m addicted again. But one thing remains; lack of things and money. Who’s fault is it? Mine and mine alone. I want to be ready for the new update and tackle it head on and not give in and quit. I am not asking for this set for me to look cool, but rather to restore my love for pocket legends to enjoy it as I once did farming, leveling, playing with you.

As the time nears till Mt. Feng I am on the fence about reaching 61. Should I, should I not? To be or not to be that is the question... a $50 question along with 10-12 hours of grinding. Can I do it in this crap gear? Will it be enjoyable? Is it worth it? I think so! But, there is a but, will I? I can whole heartedly say Yes if I have the gear necessary to make it enjoyable. What?!?!?! There is a contest where I can get it?! Shoooooot. ;)

Parth, Apollo, Rangepwnsmelee, this old Russian needs some motivation and you know it. I am not a beggar, on the contratry I think I am pretty generous when I can be. I guess it is my turn to ask for help. HELP

I would just love the opportunity to return to the PVE world of PL and this would make it happen.

Coltona
11-01-2011, 11:32 AM

This set would greatly increase the amount I could help farm rare items for my free items campaign. There have been donations, but they have slowed a bunch, and some items people ask for are just too rare to be donated, so I have to farm them with a junk set causing me to spend tons on pots, this would be a huge boost for farming and get those less fortunate the items they need.

Coltona
11-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Where to start? First Ill pick my number 324 (my birthday.)

Now the all important question as to why should I have the set. The answer is simple. I have played PL for well over a year now as you know my friend. I have pillaged, I have looted, I have farmed and merched. All to give it all away in February; all of my gear, all of my money, everything, even potions. I was bored of PL after having 3 50’s and two 35’s. PL was losing its appeal. I kept my 35 twink gear for casual pvp’ing. Now 3 weeks ago I decided it might be interesting to pve again. The addiction came back in full swing. The farming, leveling, merching and just over all playing. I’m addicted again. But one thing remains; lack of things and money. Who’s fault is it? Mine and mine alone. I want to be ready for the new update and tackle it head on and not give in and quit. I am not asking for this set for me to look cool, but rather to restore my love for pocket legends to enjoy it as I once did farming, leveling, playing with you.

I am not a beggar. I would just love the opportunity to return to the PVE world of PL and this would make it happen.
:worked_till_5am:

Hm, I know what you mean, after my first 12 chars I got bored also, but I have some 55 sewer pinks to donate, it's not the best gear, but it gets the job done. If you don't get the set I wouldn't mind giving you a good set, and helping you farm in Hallows.

Hekpoc
11-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Hm, I know what you mean, after my first 12 chars I got bored also, but I have some 55 sewer pinks to donate, it's not the best gear, but it gets the job done. If you don't get the set I wouldn't mind giving you a good set, and helping you farm in Hallows.

Thanks Coltongadkinds... with the help of real money aka 4x combo elix I managed to get to 60 with an old cyber set. :) But I would love some help farming. :)

Coltona
11-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks Coltongadkinds... with the help of real money aka 4x combo elix I managed to get to 60 with an old cyber set. :) But I would love some help farming. :)

I'll help you farm all day long if I have to lol, I won't be on for a another day or two (new ipod hasn't come in mail yet) but when I do i'll play like all day long lol.

Hekpoc
11-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I'll help you farm all day long if I have to lol, I won't be on for a another day or two (new ipod hasn't come in mail yet) but when I do i'll play like all day long lol.

Haha... I work all day long but I try to get on when I can. Fiance hates this game haha.

Zeusofire
11-01-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm going to go with 800 because it is just awesome ;)

I want the obedience glyph set because I have only been back for a week. I just got to 60 and I am trying to put together the funds for a Demonic set. Also, Because I am a Dex/Str Enchantress I could really use the diversity of having a Strength option when more health is needed and a Dexterity option where more damage is needed.

Coltona
11-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Haha... I work all day long but I try to get on when I can. Fiance hates this game haha.

Lol i'm fixin to be a senior and homeschool..i'll be done with 11th grade in..well wednesday is my last day..i finished fast, so after school work I have like 10 hours a day, and over the next 2 weeks before I start 12th I have nothing to do for about 12 hours a day...closer to 15 actually, we'll get you that set in the end haha, plus my new ipod should be here somewhere from wednesday to friday...time to break it in lol. I'll be on from about 5-6 am (central time) to about 5-6 pm (central time) every day for the next 2-3 weeks...i think i can hit 61 and get a few pinks along the way don't you?

Kaarataka
11-01-2011, 03:34 PM
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror 37 is the 12th and its mirror 21 is the product of multiplying, hang on to your hats, 7 and 3. In binary, 73 is a palindrome, 1001001 which backwards is 1001001

I want the set because I'm taking a dump as I am writing this. If I don't get it then I wasted my time typing this when I could have enjoyed that dump.

LMAO

regasir
11-01-2011, 03:54 PM
9. thats my favorite number. ive been playing soccer with that number all the time. its my lucky number and its cool....lol? well im not that good to make money and im dex bird so perfect match for me!:)

Hekpoc
11-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Lol i'm fixin to be a senior and homeschool..i'll be done with 11th grade in..well wednesday is my last day..i finished fast, so after school work I have like 10 hours a day, and over the next 2 weeks before I start 12th I have nothing to do for about 12 hours a day...closer to 15 actually, we'll get you that set in the end haha, plus my new ipod should be here somewhere from wednesday to friday...time to break it in lol. I'll be on from about 5-6 am (central time) to about 5-6 pm (central time) every day for the next 2-3 weeks...i think i can hit 61 and get a few pinks along the way don't you?

Add me in game brotha... Hekpoc is the name

Heroelite
11-01-2011, 05:10 PM
420 :) i would like because i lost money buying winterfestival items and i would need :( and i want to level my dex bear up to high lvl to poke people to da death!

Fallscreek
11-01-2011, 06:41 PM
# 65 And i want the set so i can give to one of my best freinds in pocket legends who really wanted it :)

Kaarataka
11-01-2011, 07:03 PM
# 411 because I always threaten my friends and co-workers with stabbing them with my pocket knife. If I have this set, I would get to do it in PL too.

Kaytar
11-01-2011, 07:12 PM
950 because your awesome!!!:)

Zeus
11-01-2011, 07:14 PM
950 because your awesome!!!:)

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm going to need a reason why you want it too! :) Otherwise I won't be able to qualify your entry.

apocketlegend
11-01-2011, 07:44 PM
When is this over Parth?

Zeus
11-01-2011, 07:50 PM
When is this over Parth?

Friday.

Zeus
11-01-2011, 07:50 PM
When is this over Parth?

Friday.

Buddyf97
11-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I choose.... 838! Why? 1838 was known as the "Trail of Tears" as Indians were removed from their homes. I want this obedience set ^so another trail of tears doesn't start! :.(

WoundedEagle
11-01-2011, 08:18 PM
I choose.... 838! Why? 1838 was known as the "Trail of Tears" as Indians were removed from their homes. I want this obedience set ^so another trail of tears doesn't start! :.(
Buddy! Where ya been!!!!!??????11/////

Buddyf97
11-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Buddy! Where ya been!!!!!??????11/////
TWINKING!!! Good ol' lvl 26 bears and mages.... They got me hooked! And I've been playing some BF3.

WoundedEagle
11-01-2011, 08:25 PM
TWINKING!!! Good ol' lvl 26 bears and mages.... They got me hooked! And I've been playing some BF3.
I thought you were just extremely inactive! And add my twink, his name is Twink. Oh and btdubs, did you know what Twink actually means? OMG i was confused why we call it that when I found out here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink_(gay_slang)

Kaytar
11-01-2011, 09:13 PM
I thought you were just extremely inactive! And add my twink, his name is Twink. Oh and btdubs, did you know what Twink actually means? OMG i was confused why we call it that when I found out here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink_(gay_slang) OMG im never calling it a twink again!!! Thanks for the lifetime scar! :D

mejslll
11-01-2011, 09:32 PM
585 because...

even after looking up 585 on google and Wikipedia there is not really any info on number... from wikipedia = This article lacks historical information on the subject. Specifically: Was the change legally made or was it a publicity stunt by the American Name Society? Did the subject of the article die? If so, when and where? Please help

hu? how on earth does wikipedia not have any info on this ? lol

on google there were 75,900,000 hits on 585 - mostly addresses and other non useful info

as for the reason y i chose 585 is cuz it represents the area code where i live in the usa... thought that was interesting and a revelant number.

reason y i would like the set is easy i want to save all the ppl in pocket legends, to help ever person that has every been bullied in pvp... kill the boss no one can kill by them selves!!!

no not really i want the set cuz it would be great to have for my bird or mage... and that is the truth lol lol

btw great great post/contest!!

milikechicken
11-01-2011, 10:00 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink_(gay_slang)

Lol, eh i call my other characters Pures if they're pvpers...

My main account, Main

Devs - GM (game Masters)

that's just me though :).

uechearibez
11-01-2011, 11:00 PM
I choose 245 :) why ? because no one picked that number yet lol :D Actually i am a dex-str bear and i just hit 60 yesterday and am on the look-out for new gear :) So am just taking my chances ^^

Zapoke
11-02-2011, 12:21 AM
My number is 917. Because that's my birth day. Yep. :cool:

I should get this purple (AKA epic/royal) set because... I'm poor.. Lol.. And started thinking about grinding to 60 for Mt. Fang... So yeah. Basically, throwing my name to the 100 post long pot. To just... Try... And fail. (: , Lol.

~ A for effort! ~

Zeus
11-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Just a quick bump for those that didn't enter. This contest will end Friday at 6:00 PM PST!

AdinoEznite
11-03-2011, 08:53 PM

as for a reason why...it would be nice to try to be a pure bird again and since ive been in a pink drought for pretty much the whole time nuris has been out (never got a glyph from nuris...ever)
and getting the set would let me experiment and perhaps not completely give up on end-game pvp

euphorixx
11-03-2011, 08:59 PM
*EDIT* Thanks for the bump.
I appreciate people like you whom make this game fun for everyone, For people like me and for people who shouldn't win this contest ;) Just kidding
Hope I win!!!

Android LG Optimus using Tapatalk

Zeus
11-03-2011, 09:02 PM
*EDIT* Thanks for the bump.
I appreciate people like you whom make this game fun for everyone, For people like me and for people who shouldn't win this contest ;) Just kidding
Hope I win!!!

Android LG Optimus using Tapatalk

LOL! Not a problem, just as long as I'm making somebody happy. :)

Bunnyshoota
11-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Ill choose 22. Y? Because all my favorite numbers are taken O.o.
I really want this set, because I have pretty much given away my whole inventory of pinks to good cause, and, not to seem greedy, but I sorta think that, also because I've spent so much of my time helping friends power level up for free, that I should get rewarded.

Thanks a lot!
Bunnyshoota

Elitephonix
11-03-2011, 09:14 PM
I choose Number 76. I choose this number because its my (american) football num. and almost all my "things"s start with 76
I need it for the big donation to AEO im guna make at new years,and that itll be my first glyph incounter

Elitephonix
11-03-2011, 09:15 PM
(bet Half of these people are lying and the only reason they want it is to sell it for them selfs)

TEOKILLO
11-04-2011, 12:52 PM
I choose 369 because I just want it:)

NECROREAPER
11-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Teo Teo

nmyxspaceship
11-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Good luck all:D!

noobmigo
11-04-2011, 03:13 PM

This may be like, the 2nd worst reason ever, but I need some gear to make a comeback to PL.

Xxkrazyredxx
11-04-2011, 03:15 PM
My nUmber is 220

RBeltran
11-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Just a quick bump for those that didn't enter. This contest will end Friday at 6:00 PM PST!

So who won?

ukeewu
11-04-2011, 08:53 PM
444....because 4 is my lucky number..and 4 three times is auspicious

Zeus
11-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Sorry for the delay! The winners are the following! They were picked for being in the 100th range of the correct number AND having the most genuine reason.

WoundedEagle and Hekpoc!

WoundedEagle receives: L60 Glyph Obedience Set!!!!

Hekpoc recieves: L60 Demonic Str plate, donated by PaleIndian. Thank you for the donation, it is much appreciated!

WoundedEagle recieved the set for his contributions to the community by buying members gear when he was in need himself. A prime example is WarTornBird.

Hekpoc receives the L60 Demonic Str plate for being close to the actual number and providing me with a genuine reason that was detailed as to why he wants the set. The RAM picked 311, I will post screenshots later for the proof incase we have any soreness going around.

I will be hosting another contest soon, stay tuned and hope to win the next one! (:

That's all for now folks! Once again, apologies for the delay with the forums being down and me being a bit busy.

mejslll
11-05-2011, 02:10 AM
nice thread ... and thanks for the generosity

nmyxspaceship
11-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Whoooo Wounded and Hekpoc! Great contest Apollo:D

Hekpoc
11-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Woop Woop!

Abagatan
11-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Apollo, I guessed the right number...
If you look back, I picked 311, one of my favorite bands!
Shouldn't that count for something?
You may have missed it, but look back it's there!
I know I'm not a regular poster, so I may not have the same cred, but I do read the forums, and do help people in game.

Zeus
11-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Apollo, I guessed the right number...
If you look back, I picked 311, one of my favorite bands!
Shouldn't that count for something?
You may have missed it, but look back it's there!
I know I'm not a regular poster, so I may not have the same cred, but I do read the forums, and do help people in game.

I saw that you guessed the right number, but like I said earlier. Guessing the number will NOT make you win the contest, as you needed to provide me with a very good reason as well.

The way I selected people:

•The random number generator picked a number.

•I analyzed every persons' post that was in that range, even the person who might have guessed it exactly.

• The person that had the best reason in that number range got the set.

• Example. RAM picked 311. I analyze 300-399. Whoever fell within that range had a shot.

Sorry for the double post.

I hope my selection process for the winners makes more sense now.

WoundedEagle
11-05-2011, 12:50 PM
SO AWESOME! Thanks to everyone and good luck on the next contest and all contests to come :)

noobmigo
11-05-2011, 12:55 PM
SO AWESOME! Thanks to everyone and good luck on the next contest and all contests to come :)

Congratulations Wounded!

Nickyeagle
11-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Nice job guys! Congrats!

Abagatan
11-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Fair enough. I'm a little bummed but thats okay, I thought my reason was genuine. Its on me for not articulating better or expressing myself more.
Nonetheless, I dont want to detract from the thread and the kindness in giving a set to the community. Because it is a cool thing to do! It was my first entry into one of these types of contests, its a good idea and neat to see the the generosity.
Gratz to WoundedEagle and Hekpoc!

Zeus
11-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Distributed the rewards to Hekpoc.

Wounded, catch me in game if you can; I'll be on Apollo.

I hope I made the selection process clearer as to why the winners were chosen. The number was merely used to narrow down the entry's, then the reasons were analyzed.

Cheers, Everybody!

~Parth

Don't be surprised if you see another contest like this in the coming future!

Zeus
11-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Fair enough. I'm a little bummed but thats okay, I thought my reason was genuine. Its on me for not articulating better or expressing myself mire.
Nonetheless, I dont want to detract from the thread and the kindness in giving a set to the community. Because it is a cool thing to do! It was my first entry into one of these types of contests, its a good idea and neat to see the the generosity.
Gratz to WoundedEagle and Hekpoc!

I'm not saying your reason wasn't genuine. It's kind of like grading an essay, there are all great reasons, but some stand out more than others! If you'd like, you can meet me in game on Apollo and I'll be sure to hook you up with a prize. Getting the number spot on is no easy feat. :)

Also, be sure to PM me the time and timezone of when you would like me to log on. I'll try and get on then.

Zeus
11-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Prizes have been distributed.

Abagatan, contact me in game as when to meet up. :)

Going to lock this thread so it doesn't get necro'd in the future.

Thanks for participating!

*click*

Zeus
11-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Whoops, it didn't click.

*click*