PDA

View Full Version : amount of data star legends uses revealed

Corpser
10-30-2011, 05:57 PM
i used a program called surplusMeter it mesures the amount of data going through a certain port i used
ethernet for this and for an hour of game play in star legends (including towns and chatting) i used 14.2 megabytes of data.

so if i were to play star legends for 5 hours i would use 71 megabytes so if i play star legends for 5 hours a day everyday for a month (lets say a 30 day month) 2130 megabytes this equals 2.08008 gigabytes for the month.

so if i play star legends 5 hours a day for a 30 day month i use 2.08008 gigs worth of my data.

let me know if i have done something wrong.

i just thought i'd share

:)

Sassinya
10-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Sounds like a lot of data being used!

Makes me thankful for Sprint's truly unlimited wireless data plan I have on my EVO. (Shameless plug, I know, but hey maybe one day someone from Sprint will see it and give me some free accessories LOL)

Seriously, good work! There are many who will appreciate the knowledge. And if it turns out to be inaccurate, you still get +1 for trying :-)

BodMaster
10-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Sam said he was ask Flip if he could look into this for SL, so not sure if he has had time or not but maybe the Devs can shine some light on this.

Good job tho, was going to have a go, but forgot. Seems alot higher than I had expected mind.

Here's the math in PL,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3224-Question-about-PL-and-iPhone.&highlight=data+usage

So dpends on how you play within that time, how many are in a town instance, how many of them are spamming skills, emotes and what not. If you run most of them solo, or in a team so on. Looks like the amount can change quite a bit.

Bakoffmycandy
10-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Great thread! Many thanks :)

Im guessing im more in the 10-15 Gigs range per month lmao!

Otukura
10-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Are you sure that's just SL? When I was playing around, I got slightly less than G's numbers.

Cahaun
10-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Hmm sounds like alot.

BodMaster
10-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Are you sure that's just SL? When I was playing around, I got slightly less than G's numbers.

Did you check Skwerl's post? that seems alot less again :)

Corpser
10-31-2011, 02:37 AM
yes this was my play style just running through redsun and some cycorp it was also on google chrome so results can change depending on device and where you are and what you do.