PDA

View Full Version : How about an item with LUCK?

maneut
07-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Hi folks,

Just remembered some game that I played long ago.. was it EQ? I forgot.. anyways...

It has an item that adds LUCK to increase your chance of getting that rare item! So Let's say for example, you normally only have a 2 % chance of getting a Legendary Pink, that LUCK item will add perhaps another 2 % to it and now you have a higher chance to get better loot!

Of course normally this Item should not be too Uber expect for the LUCK factor that it adds...

Something to consider ya? :)

gSnippy
07-07-2010, 02:06 AM
Ragnarok Online has "luck" in character stats and in some items, you're right that would be a great addition.. VIT (vitality) in stats would also be great..

bmc85uk
07-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Vitality comes as part of str, you could look at it this way:

STR/end(vit/con)
DEX/agi
INT/wis

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I believe dragon fable has LUCK stats. But I stopped playing a long time ago...

Obliteration
07-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Luck.... No thanks. Everyones chance is the same.

FluffNStuff
07-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Ultima Online had Luck Items and Diablo II had Magic Find items. The point of both was of course to increase your chance of getting a higher quality on a drop. They were some of the most sought after gear, and were a great addition to the game. I am not sure how the developers calculate the percentages for each player, and if the code can give different players a different drop percentage. As this game is trying to be extremely team based, luck items could affect the whole team and stack. It would make it more likely a pink would drop, but not necessarily for you. Not sure if people would be cool with this.

Jstizar
07-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2 had a luck stat. The characters all had a base luck and certain items had a luck attribute that would raise or lower luck. I don't know if the later incarnations of Phantasy Star kept the luck stat.

Royce
07-07-2010, 01:46 PM
I see a tragedy of the commons type situation arising here. Selfish people would wear luck gear with mediocre stats, and contribute less to the battle, but end up with better drops. Plus there's a rich get richer aspect I don't like. Those who have the resources to acquire luck gear then farm for even more top gear with an improved chance. The idea of a luck elixer suffers from a similar, though reduced, potential problem, but makes much more sense IMO.

Elffy
07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Drops are based on an individual level I believe it has nothing to do with anyone else in the party.