PDA

View Full Version : next holiday event?

Eric Huang
11-01-2011, 07:17 AM
What's the next holiday event like haloween will come? And what's the holiday stuff and deal of the day? Or maybe a quest need platinum just like pumpkin head quest?
I got ao many questions because u didn't play until June thus year , ill appreciate you if answer my question with the item's picture :D

NECROREAPER
11-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Next Halloween event is the winter festival aka Christmas festival. There will be event exclusive items however no one knows what they are yet as they could be the same old items or totally new stuff.

RedRyder
11-01-2011, 09:20 AM
the order of events, using the past year as a model with each content update being close to said holiday, are as follows:

1st, Halloween - what we're enjoying currently, with the exception of a bunch of new vanity items, weapon, and redesign of the shivering wing shield

2nd, Thanksgiving - came in the form of a permanent campaign, that was free initially, but later required premium (paid) access; last year It was the wyldwood the balefort castle sub-campaign, Mt. fang this year which will actually be free

3rd, Christmas - winter festival last year, as Necro said, could be the same thing as last year

4th, Valentines Day - primarily Platinum items- rose wands, cupid bows, heart shields, Big love/little love vanity helms

6th, St. Patricks day - big luck and little luck vanities, same granting effect as party hats

7th, Easter - plat purchasable 'big" bunny ears of various colors, that grant 'little' versions to whomever waves at those with big ears. There were 3 special big ears that dropped from bosses and were pretty rare (trad-able versions). they were the ice,fire, and bone bunny ears. all the colors were required for a quest to recieve the Bunny ears (big white version) that made your avatar "poop" out easter eggs, that hatched to reveal "peeps" or baby chicks, thatd travel around you before dissapearing. those were technically the first pets :p

8th, PL's birthday - big party hat vanities for plat that grant small party hats through the wave emote, with presents in place of chests

The order might be slightly off though, but thats basically it.

Eric Huang
11-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the reply, really helps :D

drewcapu
11-01-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't think you can really correlate Wyldwood with Thanksgiving :)

Winter Festival is basically the next holiday thing, if they keep the same pattern from last year.
There was no deal of the day this time last year. But one of the early Deals of the Day were Decorated Antlers from last year's Winter Fest.

If they do it like last year, WF is a completely separate campaign (that you can make instances with via Join Screen!). There were plat packs for each class that came with a Santa hat/beard, a present shield, and a weapon. The Santa hat only came in Red and Green. I forget which two classes were duped. Out of the weapons, the Str Peppermint Pounder was probably the best one.

One of the quests gave you a set of antlers (not decorated with lights like the plat one). What was nice is it gave 1 armor and was a vanity. Another gave you a Snowman head. The other quests gave your a holiday armor (santa suit). The stats weren't that great (probably most useful for low levels), but you had to earn it by revisiting the other campaigns. So you could do a quest at each decade of levels depending on how high a level your toon was. Funny thing is, if they make zero changes to the campaign, this series of quests will only go up to L50 since they need to add one more NPC for the L60 quest.

Overall, it's a very fun campaign that has items with very good stats at the lower levels (up to L20 or L25). If they keep it the same as last year, I'm still going to buy it simply for the sheer fun of it. You can already see the items from last year in CS. Just search for Winter in the weapon and shield categories and you'll see the various pinks.

RedRyder
11-01-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't think you can really correlate Wyldwood with Thanksgiving :)

they dont correlate, but it was all that we recieved for thanksgiving. my post wasnt as clear on that as i thought itd be, so i reworded it accordingly

the order of events, using the past year as a model, with each content update being close to said holiday

xXDamonDXx
11-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Don't forget Easter and the bunny ears lol.

RedRyder
11-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Don't forget Easter and the bunny ears lol.

edited it in :p im thinking of doing a guide of sorts of all the past events in PL history, complete with pictures and a correct timeline. that is, if it isnt already done :(

Nick41324
11-01-2011, 12:32 PM
This is a little off topic but... When will the updates stop... when will STS stop making new content and stop updating their game.
Probably something you dont think of, but look at the old COD games as a good example.

xXDamonDXx
11-01-2011, 12:41 PM
This is a little off topic but... When will the updates stop... when will STS stop making new content and stop updating their game.
Probably something you dont think of, but look at the old COD games as a good example.

When people stop playing?

Sent from k

RedRyder
11-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Do you want them to stop? Lol.

Skeletonlord
11-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Yes the event list. This list is entirely like last year, so they must change a few things?