PDA

View Full Version : Manashield buggy

bmc85uk
07-07-2010, 02:27 AM
Apologies if it's known, I tried searching.

Happens to me quite a lot in PvP on my int Mage, a very quick volley of attacks will isually let one or two slip through mana shield completely, I've died on several occasions with close to 50% mana :-(

roguedubb
07-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Is this really a bug? As I understand it, if incoming damage exceeds your current mana+health you will die, which is fine. I'm not sure how and where all the math is done regarding current mana calculations, but I have noticed a non-empty mana pool in circumstances where I have died with my shield up - my guess is the client data is not show the actual amount of mana at death, but something like the amount of mana regenerated since the server said you died.

bmc85uk
07-07-2010, 05:52 AM
True, but this has also happened when I haven't died from the 'shield piercing' volley.

King Richie
07-07-2010, 07:19 AM
I dont think its a bug ... its just an unexpected blast of huge damage which even the shield cant protect !

Violentsaint
07-07-2010, 07:23 AM
pally bomb ftw!!!

bmc85uk
07-07-2010, 11:04 AM
I dont think its a bug ... its just an unexpected blast of huge damage which even the shield cant protect !

Kinda ironic seeing as the only reason I want mana shield is to protect from huge potentially lethal blasts of damage.