PDA

View Full Version : Hey all, new here.

Kiana
07-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Hey everyone, I'm Kiana. I've been playing PL for around 3 days now. It's really addictive. ;)
I'm on level 11, and I'm thinking of getting some Plat, but I'm pretty sure the prices for Plat are different if I'm from Australia. This sounds like a really silly question to ask, but I'm unsure, and I'd like to know before I buy anything.

Thanks, and I hope to see you in game sometime. My username in game is Kiane. :)

roguedubb
07-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Welcome :)
This is how buying plat worked for me as an AU player too: I bought platinum and my credit card got charged in USD, which my bank then converted to AUD. I guess you could wait for the best exchange rate, depending on your payment method.

Kiana
07-07-2010, 05:54 AM
Thankyou. I reckon I should wait for the exchange rate too. So do you receive Plat as soon as you pay ANC buy it, or do you have to wait?

Avadonna
07-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Welcom to the forums!

roguedubb
07-07-2010, 07:13 AM
My plat came through near instantly.

King Richie
07-07-2010, 07:13 AM
A big hi ... to the new guy !

Also i will send one of the austrialan players this way to answer your question =) !

Violentsaint
07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
hey i am australian and i just buy $20 itunes voucer and then buy plat with that :)

5 plat = $1.19

but its cheaper if u buy in bulk e.g 30 plat is like $6, 70 plat is like $13 or sumthin, it will tell u before u purchase how much it will cost, and u can accept or cancel

edit: if u dont have an australian itunes account just make one and it will ask you to enter credit card details or voucher number and just enter the $20 voucher number and it will create an account with $20 on it :)

Interim7
07-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Are you sure? Aren't iTunes prices for each country the same? I'm pretty sure I'm only ever charged $1.19 for anything I buy that claims it's $1.19. Then again, I've never paid solid attention to it... I'll have to check next time I buy plat... (which won't be for a while. =P)

EDIT: ...meh, looks like I was beaten by a minute or two.

roguedubb
07-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I investigated my bank records and it's only my comp iTunes Store purchases which got converted, because that one goes through to the US store instead (took me a while to remember I changed it for some purchases I couldn't get in AU a while back). My mistake, I'd just assumed all purchases did that.

Kiana
07-07-2010, 08:01 PM
A big hi ... to the new guy !

Also i will send one of the austrialan players this way to answer your question =) !

Thankyou. And thanks to everyone else who helped, I feel very welcomed. :)

Cascade
07-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the forums! Hope you will have an excellent time here!

Interim7
07-08-2010, 02:48 AM
Welcome to the forums! Hope you will have an excellent time here!

Should we tell her what we do to newcomers a week after their first post?

Kiana
07-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Should we tell her what we do to newcomers a week after their first post?

Ahahahaa, tell me. What? I'm scared now...

Thanks to everyone else, I reckon I know what to do now. =D

Violentsaint
07-08-2010, 07:11 AM
hey i am australian and i just buy $20 itunes voucer and then buy plat with that :)

5 plat = $1.19

but its cheaper if u buy in bulk e.g 30 plat is like $6, 70 plat is like $13 or sumthin, it will tell u before u purchase how much it will cost, and u can accept or cancel

edit: if u dont have an australian itunes account just make one and it will ask you to enter credit card details or voucher number and just enter the $20 voucher number and it will create an account with $20 on it :)

theres your answer right there... :)

if u missed it, i donno how i can explain it anymore, if u donno were to make an itunes account, u go to app store then to features tab i think then scroll down the bottom and it will ask u to sign in or make an account.

pm me if u have any other questions.

and @interim, yer australians pay 1.19 for 99 cent apps, australians have to pay more for everything, thats just the way of life, we pay like $110 for xbox 360 games when americans only pay like $50-60

yer its BS...

Interim7
07-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Really, $1.19 is nothing. Why?

$1 american... is... $1.15! This changes all the time, too. This'll probably convert to $1.25 sooner or later.

So... stop complaining. It's as fair as it can be. ^.~

Kiana
07-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks. It IS a bit of a downer that we have to pay more, but I'm sorta used to it now. :)

@interim7 I guess I'll have to wait a few more days to see then. =D

jonboy
07-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Welcome aboard from another Australian.