PDA

View Full Version : Usage of my name without consent

Handsofmyvodka
11-01-2011, 09:35 PM
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd457/legofreak94/008ec74d.jpg

Lol

Silentarrow
11-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Lol :). I like the boot reason "k" or "u too fast".

javier995
11-01-2011, 09:41 PM

lol

wizardstarr
11-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Omg its pinkcat!!!!!

Look near skills :rolleyes:

Handsofmyvodka
11-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Deleted silentarrows post with the reason: posting to fast. Lol jk jk!

Lowlyspy
11-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Omg its pinkcat!!!!!

Look near skills :rolleyes:
Nahh thats pinkrat ;D

Silentarrow
11-01-2011, 09:45 PM
lol

You'd be suprised...

Kanozaki
11-01-2011, 09:48 PM
i.want.a.pink.cat

KingFu
11-01-2011, 09:56 PM

I've gotten booted with that reason before. Oh ya, I was on my commando too -.-

Skeletonlord
11-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Not sure what happened. So you got booted and the reason was your name. Lol

Handsofmyvodka
11-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Yep it was funny I was pming someone and when I cane back it was "where's quiwundi?" and then it was like "BOOT!!" and I was already ticked and that ticked me off even more lol

JazzBlue
11-02-2011, 12:47 AM
i.want.a.pink.cat

That's easy.

Start with a white cat, then dye it with a little strawberry kool-aid powder.

Grape for purple, lime for green, cherry for red etc.

Non toxic, and fun for the whole family! (Until PETA or the SPCA show up...)

Blind
11-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Oi what's up with the guild name?! I'm a Christian and i find that very offensive. Change your guild name or i promise you i will do everything to get you banned.

JazzBlue
11-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Oi what's up with the guild name?! I'm a Christian and i find that very offensive. Change your guild name or i promise you i will do everything to get you banned.

Have you talked to any of them? They may be Christians as well, and using that name to spread the word. Before taking offense, you may want to see what's going on behind it...

I've seen quite a few of them around at times in bases & runs, and they have never done anything I would find offensive, although I have never asked about their true intentions.

Just saying...

javier995
11-02-2011, 08:38 AM

Have you talked to any of them? They may be Christians as well, and using that name to spread the word. Before taking offense, you may want to see what's going on behind it...

I've seen quite a few of them around at times in bases & runs, and they have never done anything I would find offensive, although I have never asked about their true intentions.

Just saying...

Something to add to that.

You can't change a guild name.

Handsofmyvodka
11-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Oi what's up with the guild name?! I'm a Christian and i find that very offensive. Change your guild name or i promise you i will do everything to get you banned.They are all really really really good Christian ppl

P.s. I don't play so banning wouldn't really affect me anymore lol

ETA: Jesus Freak is a wonderful song by TobyMac and DC Talk

bronislav84
11-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Sooooooo stupid boot reason. I see.

And I see Agnes off to the left! :)

KingFu
11-02-2011, 11:37 AM

As am I. When I saw the name, I kinda took it offensive as well, but then I thought, and it seems as though they're calling themselves "Jesus Freaks", so it may very well be a Christian guild:)

ninjaduck
11-02-2011, 11:48 AM
eh guys i dont know about offensive things these days. how could you possible take a name in mere VIRTUAL game offensive?? i dont know bout you americans out there but over here in UK its ridiculous. literally saying "muslim" will get you called racist...

I think everyone has used personal beliefs to blame others for something. im an athiest and i find the majority of religions morally incorrect. thats my opinion and nobody should take it offensive.

uggh rant over. :breathless:

Handsofmyvodka
11-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Holy cow guys! This shouldnt turn into a flame war! Gosh...

CanonicalKoi
11-02-2011, 12:26 PM
C'mon, guys, have a little respect for Hands' thread--it was meant to be light-hearted and funny. And it was, by the way. :) I've never been booted with my char's name as the reason before. Must be because none of my names are clever enough. Lol.

Since there's no button for reporting a guild name, you can take a screenie and send it (or just report it) to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replacing (at) with @). But....you might want to check with someone with the guild before you do it. Unless it's something totally blatant, there may be no offense intended, not to mention that whoever made the guild may not have English as their first language. Translation programs and dictionaries can come up with some pretty whacky results sometimes. :)

Matutd
11-02-2011, 12:26 PM
The best one i had was 'i can't pronounce your name' haha

Handsofmyvodka
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Lol I have been booted from two games within five minutes

Blind
11-02-2011, 03:58 PM
R u guys high or is it just me? Maybe someone can explain what freak means to me and i'll understand?

Handsofmyvodka
11-02-2011, 04:46 PM
*sigh* This is off-topic, just drop it.

Oh yah,

Jesus freak
n. Slang
A member of a movement among young Christians adapting traditional evangelicalism to pop culture.

There ya go.

Nick41324
11-02-2011, 04:56 PM
First off, you can't get someone banned for having a guild name like that. It's expressing freedom of speech and
Secondly, it means "freaks 'for' jesus". I'm pretty sure it's a christian guild. I've spoken to a few members and they are very nice people.

Xxsabre
07-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Its a song quit freakn oout gosh man

Jblazer
07-10-2012, 05:45 PM
R u guys high or is it just me? Maybe someone can explain what freak means to me and i'll understand?

Jesus Freaks is a christian term,I would know because I myself am a christian.This is how it kind of is,if you were a christian and you were right next to Jesus you wouldn't be acting normal.We would be total freaks always talking.If you're not a christian you most likely wouldn't understand the name.But however it is actually a great name.

*Zero*
07-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Wow the title is misleading. Ewww the Religion talk...... Leaving before this gets out of hand...

JaytB
07-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Its a song quit freakn oout gosh man

I bet they stopped freaking out about this more than half a year ago, judging by the thread date ;)

Kanozaki
07-10-2012, 07:16 PM
lol way to necro an ancient thread

/end discussion.

Jblazer
07-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Who necroed it?

Libertie
07-10-2012, 08:22 PM

Listen to the song by DC Talk called "Jesus Freak". It's where the phrase became popular in the late 90s or possible early 2000s. I remember back in middle/early high school when all my friends and I called ourselves Jesus Freaks and were proud of it.

edit: Owned. I fall for that necro trick every time. ;_;

TYRANTO
07-10-2012, 09:31 PM

lol a pinkcat

HunterSLAYER
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Lock pls

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2