PDA

View Full Version : Attributes Suggestion

SirDarkened
04-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Hey I'm a bit new here so I hope this is the right place to post this.

Today I decided to spend the 1.99 and buy the respec to put all my points into dex on my archer and to change up the way I set up my skills as I have gotten many new ones.

Shortly afterward I leveled and I don't know how, but my points all wound up in Str. Giving me 7 Str (which I just reset to 2). I think it was on accident as its quite late here (2 am).

I am not asking for a refund. I'll pay another 1.99 when I hit level 30.
I have a few suggestions on how to help avoid this becoming an issue in the future.

1) Make Respecs a 1 time purchase. Then you can rebuy it for free.
2) When putting in attributes have a "save" button to save the current attribute setup.
3) After putting in attributes have a confirmation screen pop up stating you want the attributes the way you put them.
4) Have attributes added the same way as skill points are added.

This would be nice as I'm not sure why this wasn't thought of in the first place due to human error. It is quite simple to put an attribute in the wrong place. :(

Flamin
04-15-2010, 01:13 AM
1.Yes 2.Yes 3.Yes 4.No

Deathshock
04-15-2010, 01:30 AM
1. I still think the buying respec with gold idea is better
2. Yes
3. No
4. No

SirDarkened
04-15-2010, 06:57 AM
I just feel something should be done.

Deathshock
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah, to be quite honest, a lot of people have been grumbling about this so hopefully something will be changed...

Banned
04-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Well, respec did get a price drop so that's pretty cool. 99€ seems like a very fair price.

Buvet
04-15-2010, 08:40 PM
If respec is gonna be a one time buy, then the price should be waaaaaaaaay higher. Then players could just readjust their skills and attributes whenever they wanted; I think it would make the game much more unbalanced. Maybe you could buy the ability to buy respecs for a ridiculous amount of gold, like 5000 or something

Deathshock
04-15-2010, 08:47 PM
If respec is gonna be a one time buy, then the price should be waaaaaaaaay higher. Then players could just readjust their skills and attributes whenever they wanted; I think it would make the game much more unbalanced. Maybe you could buy the ability to buy respecs for a ridiculous amount of gold, like 5000 or something

Yeah, 5k might not be a lot later on though. There are games out there, guild wars for example, that you can respec anytime.

Buvet
04-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah, but games like guild wars are much more involved, with hundreds of different specs and skills, along with multi-classing, which really makes the respec neccasary. I guess I would have less of a problem with it as long as it was only in town, and maybe the cost fluctuated with the economy so that even high level characters would have to work a bit to achieve it.

_ck
04-15-2010, 09:09 PM
It's not fair to compare Pocket Legends to games that you have to buy first and maybe even pay a monthly fee to play online, then it's absolutely justified to get any features for free, or having to pay gold for them. I am not familiar with Guild Wars, but assuming it's not following Pocket Legends' setup we should all understand that Spacetime have to make money off of this somehow. Everything can't just be free, or else there wont be any Pocket Legends anymore, period.

People should think of the $0.99/$1.99 as not just buying that map pack, or just buying a respec, think of it as helping pay to keep servers going, and keep Spacetime developing the game.

Astrauk
04-15-2010, 09:15 PM
I totally agree, but I was thinking that maybe they could make respec like a 3 or 4 dollar thing, but after that it cost in game gold depending on your level, that way it would be a lot of money for low level and high level people and not just a set price that is impossible for low level people and easy for high level people. or leave respec as is at $2 but have it respec all your characters on your account.

Buvet
04-15-2010, 09:21 PM
I like this level based system you suggested, although I would raise the price to maybe five dollars. Although it still might need to be adjusted for inflation of gold, I think that by having such higher gold prices for higher levels, it will increase people that buy in game gold, which could offset the profit loss of having people re-buy the respec.

Banned
04-15-2010, 09:24 PM
PL is almost like a portable Guild Wars. Guild Wars doesn't use a monthly fee system either.

Deathshock
04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
I sure hope it becomes more and more like it

SirDarkened
04-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Well they did drop the price and somehow my Str has been reset to 2. Which is great ;).

I feel there should be a better way to put in your attributes as it is easy for someone with big hands to press on the wrong attribute. Therefore that makes you feel dumb and in need of buying a respec.

The price drop was nice, but a quick fix to the way you place attributes would be better.

nerdherd
04-16-2010, 12:56 PM
I completely agree with having a confirmation before your attributes are final. On every level it would be nice to see how adjusting my specs different ways would help me before finalizing them. I'm glad to see someone suggest this.

Dizko
04-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Yes to the confirmations.

And how about a free restat every time you buy a new dungeon? Then you can be like "Okay I'm going into the frost zone, they hit hard so I'll up my str"

_ck
04-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes to the confirmations.

And how about a free restat every time you buy a new dungeon? Then you can be like "Okay I'm going into the frost zone, they hit hard so I'll up my str"

That sounds like a good idea. Give it away as a bonus to people who support the game financially, instead of giving it away for free to the cheapskates.

Another thought I had was that in addition to being able to buy a full respec, perhaps every other level up you'd be able to redistribute a small portion of your ability/skill points, perhaps 3 ability points and 1 skill point. That way you could slowly redistribute your points (in addition to the points you normally get when leveling up), but you have to keep playing and leveling up to be able to do it.

Dizko
04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
I suppose either of our ideas work in the same way, _ck. Each require you to keep playing, and reward you for doing so. :)

Flamin
04-16-2010, 04:37 PM
It's not fair to compare Pocket Legends to games that you have to buy first and maybe even pay a monthly fee to play online, then it's absolutely justified to get any features for free, or having to pay gold for them. I am not familiar with Guild Wars, but assuming it's not following Pocket Legends' setup we should all understand that Spacetime have to make money off of this somehow. Everything can't just be free, or else there wont be any Pocket Legends anymore, period.

People should think of the $0.99/$1.99 as not just buying that map pack, or just buying a respec, think of it as helping pay to keep servers going, and keep Spacetime developing the game.

I agree players should be able to change their name for a fee of $1.99 because space time would make quite a profit off of this and players would also benefit from it.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 04:38 PM
here is a suggestion from dakkine about attributes and classes.

This might be a little more off in the future but, sounds like fun for players and a money maker for spacetime...

How about making the warrior a little more like a paladin, with some decent self heal skill and maybe a strong shielding (+defense) skill, this would be nice since the war is kinda lame past lvl 13.

Also, everyone loves a thief/assassin class. duel wield daggers, higher % for loot, steal gold, invisibility...

After these new classes the next major update would require maybe 2 new attributes. This would take a little thinking, but the 3 right now could easily be spread out a little more. This would give every character a little more variation and allow for more customized builds.

maybe...

STR
Strength still increases hp
hp regen
damage is more for 1H weps
also slightly for all base damage

DEX
hit %
affects crit
more damage for ranged, 2H weps, duel wield...

AGI (agility)
overall movement speed
attack speed
dodge
slightly improves crit

INT
same old basicaly
magic damage
mana pool size
mp regen

FOC (focus)
slightly improves both hp and mp regen
faster skill cast rate (maybe even skill duration)
very small + hit% and + crit%