PDA

View Full Version : Skill Cool-down Indicator Improvement

Dracula
11-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Devs,

This is just minor change to the UI that I'm sure wouldn't take much effort to fix. As you can see, the cool-down indicators are almost useless as they are right now. Something more visible, like the second picture, would greatly aid timing and cut down on the annoyance of having to flip back and forth between skill pages (which is another issue in and of itself) waiting for a skill to be ready. This would take away the guess work and smooth out gameplay. Furthermore, I believe this to be an essential update before even thinking about releasing PVP ;-)

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2623/ind1p.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/ind1p.png/)
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2075/ind2x.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/ind2x.png/)

Thanks for your time and consideration,
Dracula

JazzBlue
11-02-2011, 01:09 PM
As a secondary consideration to this, (and I feel this would be a VERY helpful tweak as suggested) Might it also be helpful to have a set of 4 dots somewhere in the vicinity of the current skils buttons that show the status of the other page? All these would have to do is be something like a red X or green circle and don't need to be very large. Just something that would indicate that the other skills are either depleted, or charged & ready for use.

I've thought for a while that a few minor tweaks like this could increase enjoyability and playability.

bronislav84
11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I like this idea, and the added suggestion above.

What I would like to add is that they make the skills turn an ENTIRELY different color from their default when they're cooling down. Force Shield looks almost the same while it's cooling down, for example. But your idea is neat too.

Hankomachos
11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
+1

So many times I'm constantly tapping skills because It's so hard to differentiate when it's cooled down or cooling down. ESPECIALLY in SL. ;)

Dracula
11-04-2011, 10:41 AM
As a secondary consideration to this, (and I feel this would be a VERY helpful tweak as suggested) Might it also be helpful to have a set of 4 dots somewhere in the vicinity of the current skils buttons that show the status of the other page? All these would have to do is be something like a red X or green circle and don't need to be very large. Just something that would indicate that the other skills are either depleted, or charged & ready for use.

I've thought for a while that a few minor tweaks like this could increase enjoyability and playability.

Yes...this sounds like another great addition. Of course it wouldn't be necessary had all the skills been on one page ::winks at devs::, but an indicator for secondary skills would definitely help cut down on paging back and forth as well.

Also, I just noticed that at the top right of this screenshot is someone from "Vampiric Slayers," and at the bottom right, there is someone from "Blood Suckers."

thequickone
11-07-2011, 12:43 PM
+1 to your suggestion. ;)

Has anyone else here played The World Ends with You (on NDS)? What about making the lighter-colored background fill the cooling-down skill's icon like an analog clock?

themars
11-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey Dracula nice idea!!! Gratz on 36 btw

Trollee
11-07-2011, 09:13 PM
+1. Good thinking Dracula.

I know it has been mentioned before, but I would really like it if we were given the option to have the skill layout as it is in Pocket Legends with them all displayed. This way you would have the choice to have it like they way it is, or have it like in PL. And due to the fact that the limit is currently 8 skills max, then that would obviously also have to be considered.

Deathsminion
11-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Yep i think we all agree on this one

Dazamo
11-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I wish I could add a thumbs up from the mobile app.+1

Dracula
11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
I wish I could add a thumbs up from the mobile app.+1

Thank you. It's the thought that counts :02.47-tranquillity: