PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Letter to the Community

Justg
01-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Hello and Happy New Year!

Last year we had almost 100 updates to Arcane Legends! Some were minor, some were major, some were well received and some not so, but we are committed to keeping this game fresh and interesting for you, now more than ever. We also had several updates to our legacy Legends games (PL, DL, and SL). We launched a new casual RPG (Pocket Legends Adventures). We rounded out the year with Winter Events in all our Legends game to keep you warm and snuggly through the cold dark times.

Arcane Legends

We're doubling down on Arcane Legends this year, with bigger events as well as our biggest expansion ever (more on this later). Historically we have had four major annual events:

- Goblin
- Ursoth
- Halloween
- Winter Fest

We're planning on buffing some of our minor events out to provide expanded levels of content:

- Hugthulu
- Egg Hunt
- Harvest
- Occupy Windmoore

We'll continue to intersperse quality-of-life improvements (Stable management anyone?) weekly micro -events like sales, 2x events, small holiday vendors etc but our intent is to give you something big to play every 4-6 weeks. Next up is Hugthulu!

Legacy Legends

Despite our best efforts to stop him, Cinco could not help himself from updating PL, DL, and SL last year. Accordingly, we're not going to try to stop him this year, and are even looking into putting some new items into these games. More as this develops.

New Game Development

All businesses have the need to innovate. Two years ago it was Call of Champions. Last year brought Pocket Legends: Adventures. Again, some were well received and some not so, but it is in our nature to continue to try and find new ways to surprise, entertain and delight you. We have some new ideas for this year but we'll keep them under wraps for now. Just a head's up, expect more and continued different things from us!

Old Games Shutdowns

On Friday, 1/12/18, we will be shutting down the following games:

- Arcane Battlegrounds
- Battle Dragons
- Battle Command
- Call of Champions

Shutting down games is a new thing for us, but is standard in the industry. We are shutting these games down to further focus on our existing Legends games and new game development. We very much appreciate all the support from those who played these games, and hope to see you in some of our other ones.

Thank You

Finally I would like to sincerely thank everyone for their support over the last year. Your passion about our games is astounding at times, and we are flattered and grateful. We'll keep trying to delight and entertain you, you keep letting us know what we can do better!

- g

Azerothraven
01-10-2018, 11:32 AM
While I am sure many players will miss the games being shut down but I am happy that STS has decided to double down on AL.

I personally believe in quality over quantity and I am very happy to see STS striving to achieve this. I am already sooo happy that Justg has asked on several occasion for feedback to improve.

I am super excited to checkout the new expansion. Perhaps a hint as to which month it will be released?

I am looking forward to checking out the new game even though it is a while away haha.

+10000000000 toward this new approach.

Lethoiun
01-10-2018, 11:34 AM
You guys have kept me intrigued for 5 years and I'm hoping for a lot more fun years! Thanks for all your work!

Xxkayakxx
01-10-2018, 11:36 AM
Thank you all for all the hours of fun!

PsychoNuke
01-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Rest In Peace...
- Arcane Battlegrounds
- Battle Dragons
- Battle Command
- Call of Champions

+1 for the initiatives mentioned, you will always have our support, I will try to keep sodium down from my end this year hehe :)
Looking forward for some Love soon ;)

Alfabeast
01-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Pls let us know when arcane legend season ends ty g

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Kershy
01-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Looking forward to the new stuff!!!

RIP games being shut down.

doomdoomdoom
01-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Sorry to the players of the shutdown games. I have feared that for DL for years. Thanks to Cinco for giving the Legacy Legends games the chance to show that those games do still have many devoted players willing to invest in the game if given the opportunity. Looking forward to see what you have in store for us in DL. Thank you in advance!

Ucamaeben
01-10-2018, 12:37 PM
I still can’t believe I’m playing this for so many years! Great work to the STS team for the fun!

Flamesofanger
01-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Thank you so much justg,vroom,cinco,goldilox for the letter, thank you for always giving us amazing gifts.

Justg, you've inspired me to start my very own youtube channel and even make my own custom projects,

vroom, you've inspired me to be way more outgoing and chill,

goldilox, you've inspired me to always be positive about ANY situation even if i've got my leg torn off by it getting stuck between a boulder i'd still stay positive and try find some plasters.

cinco, you've inspired me to brainstorm ideas within minutes of thinking and you've inspired me to always stay calm in a situation where its toxic.

Dragonsalt
01-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Thanks to the Dev Team for focusing on all of the legends games!

I'm glad that Star Legends is gonna have another great year :)

Tippertwo
01-10-2018, 01:46 PM
Great work! I’m actually a bit shocked you’re taking down a few games, but nevertheless I like the new updates. I think Cinco did a great job updating the three games you mentioned. It keeps the work y’all have created alive. Keep up the good work, all of you!

Buchmeister
01-10-2018, 02:24 PM
Can't wait for the new PL items :D

intizamfamily888
01-10-2018, 02:33 PM
Thank you so much justg,vroom,cinco,goldilox for the letter, thank you for always giving us amazing gifts.

Justg, you've inspired me to start my very own youtube channel and even make my own custom projects,

vroom, you've inspired me to be way more outgoing and chill,

goldilox, you've inspired me to always be positive about ANY situation even if i've got my leg torn off by it getting stuck between a boulder i'd still stay positive and try find some plasters.

cinco, you've inspired me to brainstorm ideas within minutes of thinking and you've inspired me to always stay calm in a situation where its toxic.

U forgot sth abt Cinco. He also showed us how to reck ppl in the comment sections[emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

PatD
01-10-2018, 02:42 PM
I m sorry but you are doing a lot more than delight and entertain us! By creating those games you also create a world(even if virtual) where we can evade reality and all the stress and bad stuff that come with it, we have the chance to live in a world where we can control a lot more things than in reality! So don't be so humble! :) THX so much for all the good time you have give us!! I have play AL for 2 years now and 1 year of PL before that, and Hope to play for many years still!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH STS!!

Patrickbr
01-10-2018, 02:51 PM
I'd like to see much more updates such as renaming with tokens and more things... Talking about AL

3pc
01-10-2018, 03:21 PM
THANK YOU so much justg for not shutting down PL and the legacy games. Very touching letter too

Kakashis
01-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Thank you STS for deciding to double down on AL, I believe this game has a much larger potential than it currently already is. Consider sponsoring some top twitch gamers or popular gaming channels on YouTube to boost AL popularity even more so!

Amazonina
01-10-2018, 03:49 PM
I find it quite hilarious that people say, "the game is dead," yet still play the game, lol! The game is definitely more interesting than it ever was! When I can sit and play for hours and not even know where the time went <.<, you guys are doing an amazing job, keep up the great work! Also every single event should have a vanity different from the last(tradeable, of course).

Amazonina
01-10-2018, 03:51 PM
Thanks for investing more time and effort into AL!

Argoub
01-10-2018, 04:11 PM
This is a nice touch , probably first time I get sooooooo hyped cause of a thread , As u Work For Us Justg , We'll Receive everything with happiness and pleasure , ty for this wonderful nearly 2 years I passed with arcane legends and in it won't stop here :)

BaronB
01-10-2018, 04:27 PM
The game is definitely more interesting than it ever was! When I can sit and play for hours and not even know where the time went <.<, you guys are doing an amazing job, keep up the great work!

^ That right there

1 <3

Mezderak
01-10-2018, 04:30 PM

Last year we had almost 100 updates to Arcane Legends! Some were minor, some were major, some were well received and some not so, but we are committed to keeping this game fresh and interesting for you, now more than ever. We also had several updates to our legacy Legends games (PL, DL, and SL). We launched a new casual RPG (Pocket Legends Adventures). We rounded out the year with Winter Events in all our Legends game to keep you warm and snuggly through the cold dark times.

Arcane Legends

We're doubling down on Arcane Legends this year, with bigger events as well as our biggest expansion ever (more on this later). Historically we have had four major annual events:

-Goblin
-Ursoth
-Halloween
-Winter Fest

We're planning on buffing some of our minor events out to provide expanded levels of content:

-Hugthulu
-Egg Hunt
-Harvest
-Occupy Windmoore

We'll continue to intersperse quality-of-life improvements (Stable management anyone?) weekly micro -events like sales, 2x events, small holiday vendors etc but our intent is to give you something big to play every 4-6 weeks. Next up is Hugthulu!

Legacy Legends

Despite our best efforts to stop him, Cinco could not help himself from updating PL, DL, and SL last year. Accordingly, we're not going to try to stop him this year, and are even looking into putting some new items into these games. More as this develops.

New Game Development

All businesses have the need to innovate. Two years ago it was Call of Champions. Last year brought Pocket Legends: Adventures. Again, some were well received and some not so, but it is in our nature to continue to try and find new ways to surprise, entertain and delight you. We have some new ideas for this year but we'll keep them under wraps for now. Just a head's up, expect more and continued different things from us!

Old Games Shutdowns

-Arcane Battlegrounds
-Battle Dragons
-Battle Command
-Call of Champions

Shutting down games is a new thing for us, but is standard in the industry. We are shutting these games down to further focus on our existing Legends games and new game development. We very much appreciate all the support from those who played these games, and hope to see you in some of our other ones.

Thank You

Finally I would like to sincerely thank everyone for their support over the last year. Your passion about our games is astounding at times, and we are flattered and grateful. We'll keep trying to delight and entertain you, you keep letting us know what we can do better!

- gThank you cinco so much #longliveDLAL

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

QuaseT
01-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Thank you :)

Shocan
01-10-2018, 05:16 PM
No not battle dragons and arcane battle grounds I love them! Can't you just stop updating them or something but keep them going???? Maybe?

Avaree
01-10-2018, 06:04 PM

Arcane Legends

- Goblin
- Ursoth
- Halloween
- Winter Fest

- Hugthulu
- Egg Hunt
- Harvest
- Occupy Windmoore

Legacy Legends

New Game Development

Old Games Shutdowns

- Arcane Battlegrounds
- Battle Dragons
- Battle Command
- Call of Champions

Thank You

- g

Very excited to see what is in the future for AL. Out of thanks (:

Oakmaiden
01-10-2018, 06:36 PM
For all you do this Alorian Ale is for you ! Cheers Huzzah Salude !

Arkiouj
01-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Good decision on AL, it has so much more potential :frog:

Spheresome
01-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Can we have some more guildhalls please and make a special spot in the guild portion of the social page for MOTD. As i feel the MOTD way currently most people dont read it and it is not enough space to actually make useful announcements :) ty

thekragle
01-10-2018, 11:26 PM
This is great news! I don't play or comment as much as I used to and have been extra critical lately but it is only because of the amazing experience I have had with this game. It truly is one of a kind.

My Hope is that your new focus rewards you with your ultimate financial goals as a company and revives some of the lost player base and features some of us old timers feel were lost in the last couple of years.

All the best to the Spacetime team!

Alfabeast
01-11-2018, 02:18 AM
Suggestions

Well I'd like to see a new city that has a new tombs like kt4 but maybe randomly changes so no bot farming can be done there,
3_4 maps like the old school all that we all love
Maybe a new guild hall, with interactive furniture

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Archerios
01-11-2018, 06:32 AM
Housing system,furniture,tavern > what about a new game like The S*ms hehe.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Tinkerbelldoll
01-11-2018, 07:17 AM
Cincos the best ! All of you hardworkimg individuals at STS are! 😊 I’m glad you guys will be focusing on the legends games again . Im super excited for watever u have in stored for us ! can’t wait 😁

Mezderak
01-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Thank you cinco so much for your hard work along with your crew :) #longliveDLAL

Dannish
01-11-2018, 09:32 AM
it will be cool if there was a christmas event starting 1 or 2 weeks before christmas day like hunting santa down to collect presents which can only be opened on christmas day (25th December) or after.
imagine like santa dropping:
-> Common present, Rare present, Epic present, Legendary present, Set present, Mythic present, Arcane present or Heroic present.
The only way to get to Santa is to hunt an elf across arlor and the elf will drop a daily quest for maybe some christmas tokens and also drop a portal that leads to the north pole where santa can be challenged!!

Just an idea I had in my head after testing out the winter event which was super awesome :chuncky:

Qevy
01-11-2018, 10:43 AM
I just love ur games sts! :D
And ur the only game company that responds a lot to players.
Closing these games is sad but as u said it's normal.
Keep it up sts!

LeonreiAxel
01-11-2018, 10:46 AM
I did not spend Time... to those game....which will shut down... but I'm Gonna Miss Those ... games....
Also.. I'm Gonna Miss My Friend in Those Game... thought

Anyway.... Thanks a Lot...

You Guys Are Awesome ....

xxxrazorxxx
01-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Thanks you STS!!! considering other games - the amazing game of STS - Dark Legends. Thanks you so much- Cinco especially, providing and keeping us inspire about events and new stuffs. DL has great players community too but it can be levelled up to the next generation games. It has great graphics, great innovative PVP arena.

Long Live DL!

extrapayah
01-11-2018, 01:05 PM
pet stable management? niceee

pet's bookmark is definitely needed with so many pets right now, simple implementation will be add bookmark button, and pet will move position to the first page. press the button again, and then it will go back to its original position. and if it's implemented, i will suggest to use the original sorting as default (sort non-bookmarked pets by rarity, and then name)

things that make it easier to look is rarity color, also i kind of hate that heroic pet's name is 'heroic' something, will be great if it has same name but just simply have different rarity/color.

passive information for each tier and feature to try a pet could be great too

also, shared pet stable could be great, thanks

MissedThisGame
01-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Stay cool, guys. To all the mods, devs, thank you. Thank you for doing your best to keep the game clean and healthy. Love all of you. :3 Peace out.

~Rare

Atomiclegend
01-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Long live DL! And wow Justg I thought we were bros on Pla! How could you! Lol much love
Ty for Updates Cinco. I’m just happy for any updates for the legacy legends.

srazman
01-11-2018, 09:46 PM
Thank you sts team. The digital fun is ultimately still standing strong in AL among others. Keep up the good work!!! I'll continue to support sts in the long run. Hope AL will continue to evolved better in the future. Simple, fun and humble... saluteeee

magic formula
01-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Omgggg I am screaming u guys will bring more attention to dark legend finally thankk you so much harr and verh good luck and for all your epic games I love thank you cinco for the last updates your rlly great man :''')

tootallll
01-13-2018, 09:55 PM
Nice to see efforts to enhance the AL experience...thanks! Ever thought about pet vanities? Might be cool to change our pet looks with some OP vanities.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Donquixoth
01-14-2018, 02:03 AM
The main problem to this game is the server in my opinion, it's not fun competing with peoples with green ping. I always got yellow to red since 2014, it's not a good game experience.

diexdie
01-15-2018, 07:35 AM
This game (AL) is not more fun again, I hope the new game is more fun (Pl 2) but its disapointed fot the game play and experience. I belive every developer games have their own engine can make good game too, but it PL 2 is very Disapointed. And AL not more fun again. Just make Al 2 like what you do on PL and dont broke the game ecosystem like what you do on AL. Thx

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Prexop
01-23-2018, 06:59 PM
@Justg When Star Legends finally getting a new fresh update ? Are you devs and mods working on SL ? Lots of people like me are waiting and would love to hear something from you to keep playing the game we love , thanks!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Prexop
01-23-2018, 07:06 PM
Star Legends ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Rosybuds
01-24-2018, 08:12 AM
Thank God was I freaking when I heard A/L was on the list
And I’m in Love with D/L Again as a friend Who I helped when I gave D/L up for a while gave me the Top I lost.
No questions just here you take mine !!!
So Happy So Big Thanks too Axle hope you like ur Fiire Star or the Auction does lol ...
Upset about Battlegrounds just bc of the peeps I met on it our little guild was like a lil family at the start before updates stopped.
Then we only played too too basically too talk & keep in touch and some fighting too I Loved My Castle, My Visa didn’t :)
But I really liked it, Too Me it was better than (I wont say other games names ) But similar games too it A/B out shone them All Easily graphic wise !!! So kudos for that.
I’m Sorry too see it go. Good Times & Made Some Great Friends. R.I.P. A/B
Really Happy about D/L & A/L though :)

dmt
01-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Thank you for the efforts to keep Alterra immortal. I'm really excited about the new updates for PL in 2018

Prexop
02-08-2018, 10:55 PM

Arcane Legends

- Goblin
- Ursoth
- Halloween
- Winter Fest

- Hugthulu
- Egg Hunt
- Harvest
- Occupy Windmoore

Legacy Legends

New Game Development

Old Games Shutdowns

- Arcane Battlegrounds
- Battle Dragons
- Battle Command
- Call of Champions

Thank You

- g

Any news about Star Legends ?

dbl
02-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Thank you so much cant wait for future updates on AL!

Rosybuds
02-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Happy about all this as Ive said before, So Glad D/L is getting updates I have started too play again and obviously A/L.
But think it’s time too take a run down memory lane and play P/L again.
As I started on that one on my iPod lol in 2010 when it was just Apple Devices the community was amazing everyone helped each other.
Didn’t join the forum till 2011 though,too busy catching up :)
As someone all ready pointed it out that it’s not just a game P/L helped me threw a lot of hard times just too get away from reality for I was going too say a while but it was more like hours and hours from night too daylight coming in threw the windows kind of playing.
Its been 8 years thats a long time or just a little less as I missed the first couple of months of P/L coming out.
So Thank You too everyone who Been & Gone those who have Stayed & those who have Not long Joined.
Long May You LAST. ⚔️

A bit late on this but better late than never :)

Schnitzel
02-20-2018, 10:07 AM
dang rip Call of Champs :(

Whz
03-06-2018, 06:39 AM
I would like to see another Eggzavier if possible :)

Reywin27
03-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Hi im new to ALs :) this game is quite interesting the graphics and the skills.Looking forward in this game :)

Mezderak
03-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Hi im new to ALs :) this game is quite interesting the graphics and the skills.Looking forward in this game :)Welcome ign Mezderak DL/AL goodluck and have fun

nalabagnu
04-02-2018, 07:34 PM
I Accidentally bought the 1.2m Red egg because of that high and low price can fixx this make it far that two thinge[emoji24][emoji24]plsss https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180403/cd85d040cd2342552e7272eba75ae35e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Gridlock140
09-29-2018, 01:25 AM
When will Occupy Windmoore come?