PDA

View Full Version : No set graphic for plat gear???

stp
11-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Seriously?? I was disappointed when I saw the first person with a full custom set and graphics for the set bonus... Not saying we need a stats bonus for plat gear but can we get a graphic for the gear we pay for? Feeling like a sts stepchild over here

stp
11-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Could even be the same graphic but change te color fothe plat sets

octavos
11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
this would be nice :D

I usually buy my armor, its fast, quick, and still helps STS :D

stp
11-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Maybe make a recipe for creating a custom set of plat for the graphic?? Good way to get plat wearers to grind out mats an recipes... I would love to customize my gear by color to stand out

octavos
11-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Maybe make a recipe for creating a custom set of plat for the graphic?? Good way to get plat wearers to grind out mats an recipes... I would love to customize my gear by color to stand out

Yup, we spend the plat to get them, it would make an incentive to buy more plat gear...I would love to spend hours looking for gear and getting credits, but how about additional plat for the bonus :D for the plat gear..makes since to me :tranquillity:

bronislav84
11-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Well yea but some people claim the plat gear is already superior (defensively) to ingame gear. It doesn't need the set bonus really, and would make the game a bit more pay to win which STS tries not to do.

If it's for a graphic sure, but the plat set doesn't need a puny set bonus because you're already dang near unkillable in it with all the dodges.

Personally, I have the plat to get it, but prefer to use the ingame gear because every time the level cap goes up the plat gear becomes worthless, while the ingame gear can be resold.

stp
11-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Read the post above it's about a graphic not stats

stp
11-02-2011, 07:05 PM
I do agree about selling the plat gear.. It should at least be worth as much credits as an epic

BodMaster
11-03-2011, 06:47 AM
By using the same 'graphic' on the gear for plat and epic this stops all the complaints and negative feedback about the Plat gear looking better than the Epic gear vice versa (mostly Plat as not all have the money to afford this), if the stats were heightened for Plat this will only add to the flame re. Pay4Play talk already going on.

That said personally wouldn't mind this just looking at the bigger picture. People have different tastes some despise the Com 35 gear and Elite helm. Though I love it. Not worth STS dropping customers to have this implemented IMO.

Don't agree with selling Plat back for Cred tho :/

Hullukko
11-03-2011, 08:38 AM
The plat gear can't be sold / traded for creds. Aside from STS simply losing money because of recycling there are other issues, too.

There would have to be a price limit for selling them. So that their credit value wouldn't exceed the limit imposed by credit cost in the plat store. With current credit prices that means that lvl 35 plat item costing 10 plats would have to have it's cred limit set around 1000..1666. But lvl35 plat gear item would be worth a lot more than 1000 or 1500 in practise (aside from boots and arms perhaps). Limiting price like that doesn't work well along side real markets. Side purchases are way around such limits. ("I'll sell you my 35 plat chest for 1000 if you also by this beautiful pair of flashguns for 10k") Confusion, scamming and worse would ensue.

EDIT: But a partial solution to the problem of them becoming worthless upon a cap raise could be a compensatory scheme in the plat store itself. (e.g. "Voyager's Lightning Blade 10 plat, but 7 for those that already have Captain's Nova's Kiss" or "... but 5 if you give your Captain's Nova's Kiss back in return"). I dunno, just a thought. It could swing either way for STS in terms of profit. And for the record, I'm not advocating for this in any way merely pointing it out as a little more viable option than simply selling plat items for creds.

KelevraDeVille
11-03-2011, 09:57 AM
I'd like to be able to craft more things.....my inventory is always full of useless crafting drops. It would be cool to craft all things (or at least make some drops have slots to upgrade)

stp
11-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm talking like 5 credits per plat item no thousands something so small it would never sway your decision.

And I just wanted to ask for a set graphic pretty please! That's all this is about...