PDA

View Full Version : 01/10/18 | Preview | Ankhs from Bosses and request for minor event feedback

Justg
01-10-2018, 03:53 PM
Happy new year folks!

If you have not done so head on over here to read about our plans for 2018 (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?415500-2018-Letter-to-the-Community).

Bosses Drop Ankhs

Starting tomorrow at 1:30 PM CT Bosses will also drop Ankhs as part of their loot table for the next week. Reminder that Bosses are those guys with the red particle ring around their feet.

Event Schedule:

Our major events this year will roll out in approximately this order:

- Hugthulu/ Valentine's Day
- Great Arlorian Egg Hunt
- Goblin Event
- Best. Expansion. Eva.
- Ursoth's
- Equinox Harvest Festival
- Halloween
- Occupy Windmoore
- Winter

Weekly Content Updates

In between these major events we have a portfolio of smaller things that we can turn on and off.

Minor Events:

Gauntlet Event
(Levlar) Level Up Event (before the Expansion)
Cryostar 2x Speed Unlock
King Awakens 2x Speed Unlock
April_fools_jester
Mothers Day Vendor
Harvest Event
St Patricks Day Event

Sales:

Abaddon Sale
Boss Loot Elixir
Crate Keys
Elixir Sale
Heroic Egg Sale
Jewel Chest Sale
Jewel Elixirs
Magma Sale
Ripmaw Sale
Slag Sale
Triforce Pet Banner
2-for-1 Ankh Kit

2x:

2x Cryostar Coins
2x XP
2x Dragkin Teeth
2x Elixir Kits
2x Glintstone Coins
2x Hauntlet Tokens
2x Orc Fangs
2x Somberholt Ranking
2x Orc Teeth
2x Story Tokens

Boss Drops:

Ankhs from Bosses
Respecs off Bosses

We'd like your feedback on what other smaller things make sense for weekly content updates between the major events (and if any of these no longer make any sense).

Thanks y'all!

- g

Tippertwo
01-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Do bosses only drop ankhs during events or is this 24/7?

Justg
01-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Do bosses only drop ankhs during events or is this 24/7?

Just for the next week (starting tomorrow).

Flamesofanger
01-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Omg the expansion point got me!!! You rock justg! o_o

Azerothraven
01-10-2018, 04:07 PM
2018 is a bless for AL...

I personally like the idea of all mini events/sales except

Jewel Chest Sale
Magma Sale
Ripmaw Sale
Slag Sale

I know they are kinda tradition but lots of better eggs choice these days and jewel chests are too costly to open

BaronB
01-10-2018, 04:13 PM
"- Best. Expansion. Eva."

LOOL

One thing i noticed which i thought was cool in game is how during winter you could see the list of up coming sales in the shop..
If something like that could be implemented as a permanent feature would be nice.. and even better if it could be used for upcoming x2 events.

However the x2 events at the moment seem to be just like on randomly maybe once or if your lucky twice in a year...

what if the x2 events could be put into a weekly rotation? only stopping when for example a "Best. Expansion. Eva." or particular big events drop.

At least then with the x2 events on a constant rotation each week got a cheeky little something to look forward to ^.^ maybe like a friday till tuesday with a 2 day cool down till next one starts ... with 10 2x events listed above an with say 52 weeks in a average year.. can at least be sure each x2 event can pop up at least 5 times each throughout the year ^.^

an having a cheeky few respec an ankhs added too boss loottable is something im sure no one could complain about :3

1 <3

Lawpvp
01-10-2018, 05:30 PM
bring back the gauntlet pleeeaaa

Avaree
01-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Could we have 2xs maus points too? Many players returning would be mighty thankful (:

Kairihearts
01-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Oh no zavier this year i see?

@justG can we have arc arti with heart aura for valetines event?

It can be hidden in gold love craft chests! Please :3

Lethoiun
01-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Could we have 2xs maus points too? Many players returning would be mighty thankful (:

Yaaasss I need double mass tokens

Lethoiun
01-10-2018, 06:34 PM
I mean maus points above lol won't let me edit

TipsyLife
01-10-2018, 07:32 PM
I feel like the 2x dragkin teeth, the 2x hauntlet tokens, and gauntlet event isn't necessary anymore and should be replaced.

Kershy
01-10-2018, 07:59 PM
Expansion means new level cap right?

Alfabeast
01-10-2018, 08:33 PM
When does season ends

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Abuze
01-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Really glad to see gauntlet coming back and really looking forward to it when it does.
The issue with most 2X event like orc tags, teeth and such is that the token vendors for these don't have much to offer IMO. Which is what makes these 'events' somewhat unpopular.

Energizeric
01-11-2018, 01:44 AM
I've been thinking about something that would increase interest in AL for some time now. I used to post my ideas on this forum, but it's been a couple of years since I've posted any big ideas. But here is something....

How about building a mechanism into the game to have regular PvP tournaments. Not something that needs to be organized by players or by a moderator, but tournaments that can be built into the game. How would this work?

1) Have a new arena -- it could look like the arena where you duel.

2) In each town, there should be a second leaderboard-like sign, that lists the current day/time, and day/time of the next tournament.

3) When the time of the next tournament comes, a button will appear on the tournament sign and the first 32 players (could be 16, or 64, 128, etc.) to press this "sign-up" button will be signed up for the tournament, which will begin 60 seconds later (i.e. Players who have registered will have 60 seconds from sign-up to equip the pet/gear they need before being automatically summoned to the first fight)

4) Players will be randomly matched against another player for a best of 3 battle (same as a duel), and the field of 32 will then be eliminated down to 16, then down to 8, 4, 2, and then the winner.

5) There can be brackets (maybe of different sizes?) for different level groupings. Obviously endgame would be a bigger bracket with more players, but maybe have smaller brackets for some twink levels.

6) These tournament duels count towards your duel totals in your stats.

7) The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each bracket receive a non-tradable, non-stashable unique banner in Gold, Silver and Bronze colors which will stay in their inventory and can be worn temporarily until the next tournament in that same level bracket begins, at which time it will disappear from their inventory to be awarded to the next set of winners.

8) The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers for the most recent tournament in each level bracket will be listed on the leaderboard.

9) And here is what I think is the most interesting part: If you click on the tournament sign during the tournament, you can see live updates on who is winning against who as the field narrows down. And maybe the final match in each bracket can be watched later on replay (if this is possible).

10) Perhaps have these tournaments scheduled for once per week, and vary the time they occur so that players from all different time zones will have a chance to participate at some point.

This is just an idea I've been thinking about for a while. Not sure how big of an undertaking this is, but all the parts are in place, so no new graphic design has to be programmed, just the organization part of this.

Any thoughts?

Bigbabysweets
01-11-2018, 03:52 AM
Pls add more house slots!!!! XD need to decorate n also 2x graveyard mausoleum would be cool

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

WilliamTheFighter
01-11-2018, 04:38 AM
I've been thinking about something that would increase interest in AL for some time now. I used to post my ideas on this forum, but it's been a couple of years since I've posted any big ideas. But here is something....

How about building a mechanism into the game to have regular PvP tournaments. Not something that needs to be organized by players or by a moderator, but tournaments that can be built into the game. How would this work?

2) In each town, there should be a second leaderboard-like sign, that lists the current day/time, and day/time of the next tournament.

3) When the time of the next tournament comes, a button will appear on the tournament sign and the first 32 players (could be 16, or 64, 128, etc.) to press this "sign-up" button will be signed up for the tournament, which will begin 60 seconds later (i.e. Players who have registered will have 60 seconds from sign-up to equip the pet/gear they need before being automatically summoned to the first fight)

4) Players will be randomly matched against another player for a best of 3 battle (same as a duel), and the field of 32 will then be eliminated down to 16, then down to 8, 4, 2, and then the winner.

5) There can be brackets (maybe of different sizes?) for different level groupings. Obviously endgame would be a bigger bracket with more players, but maybe have smaller brackets for some twink levels.

7) The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each bracket receive a non-tradable, non-stashable unique banner in Gold, Silver and Bronze colors which will stay in their inventory and can be worn temporarily until the next tournament in that same level bracket begins, at which time it will disappear from their inventory to be awarded to the next set of winners.

8) The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers for the most recent tournament in each level bracket will be listed on the leaderboard.

9) And here is what I think is the most interesting part: If you click on the tournament sign during the tournament, you can see live updates on who is winning against who as the field narrows down. And maybe the final match in each bracket can be watched later on replay (if this is possible).

10) Perhaps have these tournaments scheduled for once per week, and vary the time they occur so that players from all different time zones will have a chance to participate at some point.

This is just an idea I've been thinking about for a while. Not sure how big of an undertaking this is, but all the parts are in place, so no new graphic design has to be programmed, just the organization part of this.

Any thoughts?I like your idea but I suggest to modify something. To enter the tournament should be required a little amount of gold. Brackets 1-33 needed 5k to enter tournament, brackets 34-66 10k to enter tournament. Its a symbolic amount but I d like there are also gold amount as reward like 100k 75k and 50k for the first 3 places..just a tought..and at the end of tournament..System will say "ign" won the tournament. All the other rules..are fine to me
+1

Inviato dal mio SM-J510FN utilizzando Tapatalk

WilliamTheFighter
01-11-2018, 04:44 AM
About your question..well yea there are some "mini events" which will not be useful as it was in the past.
X2 glint coins/ cryo coints -> no need anymore
X2 hauntlet tokens -> no need anymore

WilliamTheFighter
01-11-2018, 04:54 AM
Seems I cant modify my post so I ll write 1 more..
X2 elixirs I think it's not needed...

While X2 orc fangs..X2 teeth X2 speed northal n cryo are still cool cause there are players who run elites and are still have ok loots.

About plat sale I dont find useful
Ripmaw magma and abaddon sales...the eggzavier let us get enough eggs..we will not need more during the year..

About new ideas..well I suggest 2 minor events..

- week double odds from massive crates (double chance to find double arcane/set items). Since expansion is still far..get more accessible those rare items..

- awakening gems event. It was a great event used to release awakening gems..with lb and banner..you should do it every year!

-Will

WilliamTheFighter
01-11-2018, 05:11 AM
Other mini events could be:

-Craft mania (for a week everything craft and upgrade instantly)

- eggstravaganza (for a week we can slot all eggs in pets for free..also replace them the ones already slotted).

-if you are looking for egg sales..put the rarest ones..like glacian and hammerjaw.

- every week heroic pet rotation in massive twilights. (The ones you already released).
Please consider this as an addiction to every weekly update..not only this for a week XD.

-Will

Fyrce
01-11-2018, 05:14 AM
Some additional boss drop events:
Sack of Jewels
1-5 Inventory/Crafting Inventory Slot Kits
1-5 Awakening Kits, Elite Awakening Kits

A week of double drops on Northal/Cryostar Hunter Elixirs or Double time on Northal/Cryostar Hunter Elixirs.

Xxkayakxx
01-11-2018, 07:10 AM
Hi -g!
First of all, thanks for the requests of feedbacks (winter, bugs and now events!)! Feel great to feel the involvment in game :)

All good for me, just one comment looking at Egg Hunt (Eggzavier I think). I guess we had the last one end of September, and if time frame is to have it around March, that means we have no big time to sell eggs dropped (or hoarded). I suggest to always have similar events in the same period of the year, for market reasons.

And for the sake of beginners players (that from my understanding sometimes feel a little lonely in maps) a permanent event that day by day change map location, and that maybe gives some benefits to newcomers, like a boss that drops story tokens or anything that can help non-bot players (xD) to improve.

Looking forward to a 2018 that looks exciting just for the fact that I feel Sts determination to improve it :)

Again, tyvm :)

Kairihearts
01-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Meh my post got ignored so nvm

WilliamTheFighter
01-11-2018, 08:42 AM
Hi -g!
First of all, thanks for the requests of feedbacks (winter, bugs and now events!)! Feel great to feel the involvment in game :)

All good for me, just one comment looking at Egg Hunt (Eggzavier I think). I guess we had the last one end of September, and if time frame is to have it around March, that means we have no big time to sell eggs dropped (or hoarded). I suggest to always have similar events in the same period of the year, for market reasons.

And for the sake of beginners players (that from my understanding sometimes feel a little lonely in maps) a permanent event that day by day change map location, and that maybe gives some benefits to newcomers, like a boss that drops story tokens or anything that can help non-bot players (xD) to improve.

Looking forward to a 2018 that looks exciting just for the fact that I feel Sts determination to improve it :)

Again, tyvm :)kay egg hunter is refered to easter arlorian eggs xD not eggzavier!xD

Immobiliar
01-11-2018, 08:51 AM
Justg please do not remove Egg-zavier. I thinik that is really bad thing. But rest of things are perfectly fine , keep up the good work !

Illegaly
01-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Firstly, Ty Justg for that thread. I have a question about our loved and amazing event Eggstravaganza, are you going to give it to us back? (Ofc with arc pets which are avail to loot) in that case everybody are going to be happy ;)

Zeridor
01-11-2018, 09:57 AM
I am very happy where is AL going I like the idea of bring back st.patrick event ,jester,mother's and father's event. Only thing I would love to see more is forums event back I hope STS will get them back.

Xxkayakxx
01-11-2018, 10:01 AM
kay egg hunter is refered to easter arlorian eggs xD not eggzavier!xD

XD
Thanks for clarification (please read my signature for further explanations)

Kairihearts
01-11-2018, 10:07 AM
I think alot of people want to see zavier this year i doubt sts will put arcane eggs to drop people will exploit this :/ dont ask me how.

mrm
01-11-2018, 10:47 AM
What i personally would like to see(Doubt anyone who owns it would like it).Is for the vendor when you spend you balance coins on to have the following items in
*The 46 mythic glint agist
*Dragon staff
*Dragon hunter blades
But with 2 twists,they can not be traded and you can not awaken them.ANd should cost 1.5k Tokens maybe ?
Just to give the players who are new a chance at the basic maus farming gear.Because MS is one of the only places to farm gold.These items are really pricy.SO new player wont be able to afford them and have a much harder time to find a party.

Tippertwo
01-11-2018, 11:59 AM
I think alot of people want to see zavier this year i doubt sts will put arcane eggs to drop people will exploit this :/ dont ask me how.
Yeah two years ago that was the Best. Event. Eva. XD

Elleabridges
01-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Please please please do 2x elusive spawns....

PsychoNuke
01-11-2018, 12:15 PM
My 2cents:
Sales:

Instead of mythic eggs, please consider arcane and heroic egg sale. Don't mind paying plats, but need a way to get my "dream" egg, RNG always knocks me down :\

2x

2x Orc Tags in addition to Fangs and Teeth.
2x Hauntlet Tokens - (No one runs it for tokens anymore, may be add some token only rewards that we cant get from anywhere else).

Boss Drops:

Normal/elite awakenings from boss (you can keep it untradable so it doesn't hurt the economy).

extrapayah
01-11-2018, 12:38 PM
easily new events like 2x, 3x, or maybe 4x raid map drop rate, could be great.

double fragments drop, or limited free entry for forgotten ruins.

limited time boss rush in arena with legacy mythic - arcane drop -> include op bosses so that tank is needed.

and please 2x, 3x, or 4x pets experience bonus, and please make the next experience kit working for pets.

and maybe elite eggzavier which is not running away from you, but 1hko dps classes.

also even though you're asking feedback for minor events, i really hope you'll remake goblin event's maps, especially the mechanic where the map is locked after someone hit a mob inside the map, and how event boss is decided by the lowest tier in party. and let it to be 2 weeks events, equal to all other major events, thanks. could be also great to make whole new theme of major events, like bandits themed, nordr themed, or dreamscape themed.

lastly, improvements on UI, especially crafting, make it less tedious for crafting 1k jewels, it's really making your brain dead with repetitive crafting...

thanks

mssweety
01-11-2018, 02:43 PM
Please please please do 2x elusive spawns....This is something which many ppl would appreciate i belive.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

WilliamTheFighter
01-11-2018, 02:54 PM
XD
Thanks for clarification (please read my signature for further explanations)Ahahahah

Garagaianu
01-11-2018, 02:57 PM
[April_fools_jester]
Does original jester will come back?

Trimis de pe al meu PRA-LX1 folosind Tapatalk

WilliamTheFighter
01-11-2018, 02:57 PM
What about vanityzavier? XD
R.I.P.

Energizeric
01-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Here's another idea....

Egg farming these days is pretty much dead, since the only eggs of any value are Mythic, Arcane, Heroic, and some legendary event eggs, none of which drop on any regular or elite maps.

Here would be a way to revive egg farming. Add a tiny percentage chance that you get a heroic version of any pet egg when it drops from the appropriate boss or mobs. For example, maybe 1 in 1000 times a Deary egg drops in Brackenridge, it will be the heroic version. It will add some interest as there will always be a chance to drop an item worth many millions, even on the most basic of maps.

Patrickbr
01-11-2018, 03:06 PM
Amazing! Please put we can rename our characters for 300 story tokens once in 6 months.

crudmudgeon
01-11-2018, 03:29 PM

Any thoughts?!!! Nice write up! This sounds slick

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Jewelmaker
01-11-2018, 04:37 PM
What about birthday event? Cake is always a must!

thekragle
01-11-2018, 04:53 PM
Could someone, Dev or otherwise, please shed some light on why Craftmania events were scrapped? I just remember Cinco, I think it was, say he doesn't think it will ever happen again. I loved it that event because I refuse to pay to speed up crafting/slotting items.

Justg
01-11-2018, 05:48 PM
I refuse to pay to speed up crafting/slotting items.

Did you just answer your own question?

Alwarez
01-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Nightmare set thief, if you want to stop market manipulators of course.

Fyrce
01-14-2018, 03:47 AM
I just realized: Where is the birthday event?

putoshomai
01-14-2018, 06:09 PM
nc plan ...........................................

Qevy
01-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Am i dreaming or AL is the best game ever again? O.o
Old events coming also ty sts! :D

WilliamTheFighter
01-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Mmh guess you play just pve..cause pvp is far from beeing active again.

Monkeyblakk
01-18-2018, 12:22 PM
Happy new year folks!

If you have not done so head on over here to read about our plans for 2018 (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?415500-2018-Letter-to-the-Community).

Bosses Drop Ankhs

Starting tomorrow at 1:30 PM CT Bosses will also drop Ankhs as part of their loot table for the next week. Reminder that Bosses are those guys with the red particle ring around their feet.

Event Schedule:

Our major events this year will roll out in approximately this order:

- Hugthulu/ Valentine's Day
- Great Arlorian Egg Hunt
- Goblin Event
- Best. Expansion. Eva.
- Ursoth's
- Equinox Harvest Festival
- Halloween
- Occupy Windmoore
- Winter

Weekly Content Updates

In between these major events we have a portfolio of smaller things that we can turn on and off.

Minor Events:

Gauntlet Event
(Levlar) Level Up Event (before the Expansion)
Cryostar 2x Speed Unlock
King Awakens 2x Speed Unlock
April_fools_jester
Mothers Day Vendor
Harvest Event
St Patricks Day Event

Sales:

Abaddon Sale
Boss Loot Elixir
Crate Keys
Elixir Sale
Heroic Egg Sale
Jewel Chest Sale
Jewel Elixirs
Magma Sale
Ripmaw Sale
Slag Sale
Triforce Pet Banner
2-for-1 Ankh Kit

2x:

2x Cryostar Coins
2x XP
2x Dragkin Teeth
2x Elixir Kits
2x Glintstone Coins
2x Hauntlet Tokens
2x Orc Fangs
2x Somberholt Ranking
2x Orc Teeth
2x Story Tokens

Boss Drops:

Ankhs from Bosses
Respecs off Bosses

We'd like your feedback on what other smaller things make sense for weekly content updates between the major events (and if any of these no longer make any sense).

Thanks y'all!

- g* (Levlar) Level Up Event (before the Expansion)??

I am personally scared since it has been a lot of effort to get new arc weapons and above all nightmare set, today there are many new and old players who still have not been able to access the dreanscape map and I am surprised by this part of the news since practically This last upgrade to reach level 66 and new weapons as soon as they have just taken off ... and those of us who are harmed by this great change that could be are those who have achieved all the latest and most expensive time wasting farming.

I wait for possible answer...

Thanks.

ATT: Monkeyblak

Enviado desde mi SM-A500FU mediante Tapatalk

tristan15
01-18-2018, 03:02 PM
Please add the egg drop event once again (2015 one) would love to see it :D
(eggzavier)

Energizeric
01-18-2018, 05:14 PM
* (Levlar) Level Up Event (before the Expansion)??

I am personally scared since it has been a lot of effort to get new arc weapons and above all nightmare set, today there are many new and old players who still have not been able to access the dreanscape map and I am surprised by this part of the news since practically This last upgrade to reach level 66 and new weapons as soon as they have just taken off ... and those of us who are harmed by this great change that could be are those who have achieved all the latest and most expensive time wasting farming.

I wait for possible answer...

Thanks.

ATT: Monkeyblak

Enviado desde mi SM-A500FU mediante Tapatalk

What I find funny is that every time there is an expansion, new players who have never experienced an expansion before complain as if this is the first time this has ever happened. LOL

Ace Ariel
01-19-2018, 07:17 AM
Will sold all my items. Save the golds. And wait for the level 99 cap [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

theleftykid
01-20-2018, 12:09 PM
2x somberholt tokens

thekragle
01-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Did you just answer your own question?

Yes, yes I did :p

Alwarez
01-25-2018, 11:26 AM
After fake expansion aka nightmare, any next expansion with new maps will be best eva

Ace Ariel
01-25-2018, 12:28 PM
Increase the drop rate of Nightmare items in dream scpae pls [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

Darkvikingvtv
01-25-2018, 04:18 PM
Add awakening gems both normal and elite as a boss drop or to elite gold chest they can have the same drop rate ankhs do and they can be bound to acc