PDA

View Full Version : Why we fight? (AL Lore Discussion)

PsychoNuke
01-12-2018, 07:45 AM
RPGs should define roles. In Arlor we have three classes, they have different play styles and roles in game. I finished the game till current expansion and I am totally confused about the lore. I have so many questions.. Like, Who are the Heros? What race is sorcerer? Why the Hero one day decided to go to Windmore city? What happened to Gustav after the hero reached Kraag? What happened in Garetta? Was it destroyed by the dragons of Tindrin? ahh so many questions...

Lets keep the discussion clean, I ll appreciate if devs or old players can pitch in. May be we can clear the lore of AL, if we can get enough info to link the expansions and the story of Heroes :) Ty.

Kairihearts
01-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Greo already created a thread like this unkindness to other players.

Lethoiun
01-12-2018, 08:42 AM
I think Gustav died lol

Kairihearts
01-12-2018, 08:43 AM
Nvm my bad read it wrong thought it sad AL love discussion not AL lore rofl havent had

My dose of coffee yet haha ;)

Alwarez
01-12-2018, 09:02 PM
After shuyal cap any of the lore is not tied to classes, it's all about saving people or gnomes in general.

Elo event still favors rogues though

PsychoNuke
01-12-2018, 10:24 PM
I was expecting Shuyal to give some insight on sorcerer's origin. After all Shuyal looks like a different planet in map, so sorcerer's must be aliens?

Gouiwaa9000
01-13-2018, 01:08 AM
Well AL doesen't have that that good of a lore , or i just didnt pay much attention to it ( dont usually do that in games ) but after playing for almost 5 years you will eventually learn something , so here is what i know :
Mages come from shuyal
Gustav probably died
Pretty sure the reason you end out in windmoore is because gustav tells you to find him there after you see him in the tutorial
Garetta got attacked and burned down by orcs .
And as of who the heroes are , its really un-asnwered . Also would be nice to know how mages even got to arlor in the first place ( may have some answers in the hero of legend quest , but i cant redo thst to check XD )

Edit to devs/mods : I dont know what happened , but the typing on forums became increasingly annoying . I have a delay on everything i do and if i try to backspace it sometimes goes out of control and deletes half of my post while i spam buttons to try and stop it . I tried posting from pc and everything seems smooth so , is it my device ? ( tablet )

Oakmaiden
01-13-2018, 09:15 AM
We , the players , are the Heros. The mages/sorcerers came to Arlor thru the portal in Stronghold . We , the Heros , rebuilt Garetta. Ect ect. If u read the announcements for each expansion, they have the narrative.

Ucamaeben
01-13-2018, 10:50 AM
Part of the fun is the lore around some of the players I play with in the game. It’s kind of fun watching some of the YouTube and reading the forums. I like playing with certain characters too, to many to list but I consider them all friends and I’m glad I’ve gotten to know them.