PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Makes Its Debut!

Zeus
11-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Welcome to Renaissance! Renaissance is a PvP based guild with a strong social aspect. Note: Just because Renaissance is PvP does not mean that we will not be participating in PvE activities.

Why did we choose the name Renaissance? Renaissance originates from French terminology that essentially translates to rebirth. Renaissance also refers to the Renaissance man or woman: one who was a noble and intellectual individual.

I guess you could call it a remake of Unity, but in fact it isn’t. Looking back at past actions, we as a whole realized what our image comes off as: self-centered jerks. Those who know us personally know that we in fact aren’t. As a result, we are here to make amends, throw out the old ways, and start anew with a radically different mindset towards approaching gameplay.

There is NO leader in our guild. Each member is treated equally, founding member or not. This means there will be no ranks apart from the original group. These will be made officers/recruiters only for recruitment/guild management purposes. Abusing these privileges will not be tolerated and will result in a permanent exile from Renaissance.

That being said, this is our introduction to the community of Pocket Legends. We hope to show you that we truly have changed.

While this is not an application thread, feel free to post a bio about yourself and why you may be interested in Renaissance.

Without further adieu, the current members of Renaissance in no particular order:

• Apollo
• Lucilulu
• Kanital
• Cloakker
• Cosmicxghost
• WoundedEagle
• Rosettes
• Xazic
• SuperLisa
• Jcoultet
• Solvok
• xStrawberry

Zeus
11-02-2011, 10:29 PM
@Cyto, we are still putting things together, but I'll definitely ask for you!

Otukura
11-02-2011, 10:30 PM

Thought my mind was playing tricks on me... saw his post as the last post in 'New Posts', but couldn't see the post. Guess he deleted.

Kaarataka
11-02-2011, 10:30 PM
That is one strong line up. I know most of you pretty well and can say that I've enjoyed ctfing with all of you at some point or another. Good luck and may the Renaissance be long and prosperous!

Cytokinesis
11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
im still kind of mixed up, ill start PvP'ing when im 60(:

Thought my mind was playing tricks on me...
and yes it must have :P

XghostzX
11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
That is one strong line up. I know most of you pretty well and can say that I've enjoyed ctfing with all of you at some point or another. Good luck and may the Renaissance be long and prosperous! Thanks kaara! We're hoping to strive far!

Zeus
11-02-2011, 10:36 PM
That is one strong line up. I know most of you pretty well and can say that I've enjoyed ctfing with all of you at some point or another. Good luck and may the Renaissance be long and prosperous!

Thank you for the approval! I hope we show the community who we truly are! :) I'm sure we will be happy to play some friendly CTF matches with you! :)

JaytB
11-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Good luck with your new guild! :D

Zeus
11-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Good luck with your new guild! :D

Thanks! I'm working hard to make it as non stressful as possible. So far, I'm succeeding! :)

WoundedEagle
11-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks! I'm working hard to make it as non stressful as possible. So far, I'm succeeding! :)
That will be easier without all the stress on one weighted and isolated leader. Glad I will be around for the ride :)

AbsolutePally
11-02-2011, 11:52 PM
What happens to old unity members? Kel saycred jcoultet xazic?

XghostzX
11-03-2011, 06:51 AM
What happens to old unity members? Kel saycred jcoultet xazic? They'll be in too!

Protank
11-03-2011, 06:54 AM
I would love to be a part of this. what's the requirments Parth?

Redbridge
11-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Good luck with it all....

MoarPewPew
11-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Good luck. I think your gonna find this guild a bit disorganized without a leader. But then again a bit of chaos is not so bad. Good luck with the guild and I hope it is a success.

Riccits
11-03-2011, 09:22 AM
so why u lied to me? when u left COT, i asked u why, u said u dislike guilds in general and they are too much stress for u..

WoundedEagle
11-03-2011, 10:35 AM
so why u lied to me? when u left COT, i asked u why, u said u dislike guilds in general and they are too much stress for u..
I would keep it in a pm buddy.

Gluttony
11-03-2011, 10:48 AM

I believe this was covered here:

He is trying to start something new and you're bringing the drama right back to his doorstep. I'd say let him go, perhaps COT wasn't the proper fit for him and it is posts like yours that make me think long and hard before joining any guild. This isn't the first negativity that I've seen about someone leaving or branching out from a former guild. I don't understand why players think that joining a guild is like a lifelong pact such as marriage (which coincidently 50% of end in divorce so maybe it is just like that). If he wasn't happy where he was then sending him on a guilt trip isn't going to bring him back your way.

StompArtist
11-03-2011, 10:51 AM

Only fools never change their minds! ;)

Sorcererssoul
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM

I believe this was covered here:

He is trying to start something new and you're bringing the drama right back to his doorstep. I'd say let him go, perhaps COT wasn't the proper fit for him and it is posts like yours that make me think long and hard before joining any guild. This isn't the first negativity that I've seen about someone leaving or branching out from a former guild. I don't understand why players think that joining a guild is like a lifelong pact such as marriage (which coincidently 50% of end in divorce so maybe it is just like that). If he wasn't happy where he was then sending him on a guilt trip isn't going to bring him back your way.

Don't think ricci thinks that an guild is an lifelong pact. He just wants to know why apollo told him that he disliked guilds, and now makes 1.
I should have feeled the same way imo.
Btw good luck to your guild Apollo :)

Zeus
11-03-2011, 11:46 AM

I disliked guilds in general because they were a major cause of stress. The stress was produced through drama such as this. Note: I am not the leader of this guild. I merely created the thread. Think of it more like a committee. Anyways, getting back to my point. I stated the reason above as to why I don't like guilds. If I can change that though, I'll be more than willing to put in the effort.

Cheers (:

I realize guilds are supposed to be a commitment, but when you realize things are not working out and you put in the effort to attempt to fix it, it's time to let go. (:

I still wish to be friendly with all COT members, as I have nothing against them.

Zeus
11-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Don't think ricci thinks that an guild is an lifelong pact. He just wants to know why apollo told him that he disliked guilds, and now makes 1.

I never made the guild. It was founded by a small group who felt the same way as to the way they think guilds should be. Is that so wrong?

Sorcererssoul
11-03-2011, 12:05 PM

I never made the guild. It was founded by a small group who felt the same way as to the way they think guilds should be. Is that so wrong?
Hey, i don't know the story, just trying to tell that ricci isn't a bad guy. I am not trying to offend u in any way.
As I already said, best of luck to your guild :)

Zeus
11-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Hey, i don't know the story, just trying to tell that ricci isn't a bad guy. I am not trying to offend u in any way.
As I already said, best of luck to your guild :)

I didn't mean for the post to sound angry. :) I was pointing out the reasoning behind our founding of it. Sorry about that, I was typing it between class periods.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Also, just a message to anybody who has a problem. Keep it in PM, please. I trust you all know which matters are private and public. (: Just a request, please and thank you! (:

Lucilulu
11-03-2011, 12:50 PM

I can honestly say that apollo, like I, was torn on whether or not to even start a new guild or to just go ahead and stay independent. I think I can speak for him when I say that we mean no ill will towards COT or anyone by forming this guild, please don't take it as such. We all simply want a fresh start and hope to achieve that. I can say with conviction that Apollo has nothing but respect for COT and has never spoken a bad word to me about his time there. This is not about the past and blaming others for what has gone wrong this is about looking in the mirror, learning from our mistakes, starting over and trying not to repeat them.

AbsolutePally
11-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Partho needs a new Sig ;)

Zeus
11-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Working on it. (:

Riccits
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
I disliked guilds in general because they were a major cause of stress. The stress was produced through drama such as this. Note: I am not the leader of this guild. I merely created the thread. Think of it more like a committee. Anyways, getting back to my point. I stated the reason above as to why I don't like guilds. If I can change that though, I'll be more than willing to put in the effort.

Cheers (:

I realize guilds are supposed to be a commitment, but when you realize things are not working out and you put in the effort to attempt to fix it, it's time to let go. (:

I still wish to be friendly with all COT members, as I have nothing against them.

i dont know about any drama we have in COT, and in wich u was involved. ppl leaved for their reasons and ppl came to COT, like in any guild prolly.. and we r always open for talking about problems..
but saying to me u dislike guilds in general and 2 days after joining another one sounds ridiculous to me sorry..
all wich left COT had something common, and thats the biggest part of the real reason, but noone will speak it out loud.
COT is a real friendly guild, well organized and serious. since the begin i cant say anything bad about.

good luck with ur "stressfree" guild

13lacklegionz
11-03-2011, 02:30 PM
So is this basically Unity restarting? And who is the GM? :p

Gluttony
11-03-2011, 02:32 PM
i dont know about any drama we have in COT, and in wich u was involved. ppl leaved for their reasons and ppl came to COT, like in any guild prolly.. and we r always open for talking about problems..
but saying to me u dislike guilds in general and 2 days after joining another one sounds ridiculous to me sorry..

Here is a story: I personally have not joined a guild at this point and since PL is my first MMO (keep in mind first impressions are everything) I can imagine that if something rubbed me the wrong way about the first guild I joined I could make a statement along the lines of "I dislike guilds!" Now if another opportunity to join a guild came along and they were the opposite of the previous group, then perhaps I'd be inclined to give it another go. If at first you don't succeed... Sorry you don't get it, but I certainly do!

CrimsonTider
11-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Good luck Partho!

Zeus
11-03-2011, 03:22 PM
all wich left COT had something common, and thats the biggest part of the real reason, but noone will speak it out loud.
COT is a real friendly guild, well organized and serious. since the begin i cant say anything bad about.

good luck with ur "stressfree" guild

Also, just a message to anybody who has a problem. Keep it in PM, please. I trust you all know which matters are private and public. (: Just a request, please and thank you! (:

That being said, I never said anything I'll about COT or blamed it as the reason of me leaving. Also, I did discuss, but my playing times are different than yours.

Zeus
11-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, crimson!

Black, I guess you could call it that, but in another sense, it isn't. It's hard to explain. :/

Conradin
11-03-2011, 03:23 PM
I would like to join parth. What are the requirements?

Zeus
11-03-2011, 03:29 PM
I would like to join parth. What are the requirements?

There are no definite requirements. The only thing we ask is for is a player who is genuine and can control anger. In other words, no flaming! (; Of course, the other obvious is being decent at PvP.

I'll ask the committee for you. One thing to keep in mind is that I'm merely a spokesperson, not a leader in any way. (:

Conradin
11-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Ok- thanks.

nazgulking
11-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Hey good luck Apollo! Hope you get some relieve by chosing this path.
My best wishes :)

Zaltiar
11-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Good on ya Apollo! All the best for your new guild, and hey lets keep past things past and just move on forward ;)
Btw mind if I ask what the level requirements are? Or are you focusing on end level pvp only?

Edit: haha nvm, read the @^ post
Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

DarkPhoenixx
11-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Good luck kiddo best wishes @_@

Xazic
11-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Ah. The new beginning for a great and wonderful guild!
I made a promise to myself. I will never flame again! Anyone want to make a bet?

13lacklegionz
11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Ah. The new beginning for a great and wonderful guild!
I made a promise to myself. I will never flame again! Anyone want to make a bet?

If it includes in-game, me.

Xazic
11-03-2011, 06:04 PM
If it includes in-game, me.

So you owe me, hmmm lets say, 1 mil now. ;D

Zeus
11-03-2011, 07:50 PM

LOL! I want to see this! :)

Anyways, I updated the members list. Check it out!

Cytokinesis
11-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Anyways, I updated the members list. Check it out!
i asked u if i could join today but u were still "putting things together" :-P

Zeus
11-03-2011, 07:54 PM
i asked u if i could join today but u were still "putting things together" :-P

Yeah, these are the old members from Unity. Since this is a guild makeover (We plan to change our bad reputation and turn things around), we have to take care of them first and get it sorted out before we as a whole can start inducting new members. Once that is finished, I can talk to the guild regarding your membership. :)

Cheers,

Parth :)

Cytokinesis
11-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah, these are the old members from Unity. Since this is a guild makeover (We plan to change our bad reputation and turn things around), we have to take care of them first and get it sorted out before we as a whole can start inducting new members. Once that is finished, I can talk to the guild regarding your membership. :)

Cheers,

Parth :)
oh... KK(:

Jayche
11-03-2011, 08:09 PM
lmao@for reason of edit, would of been down for one man and women. ;]

Zeus
11-03-2011, 08:10 PM
lmao@for reason of edit, would of been down for one man and women. ;]

LOL! Of course you would, Jay. :)

Also, you have some mail from the man. Sorry, the women will contact you later.

Jayche
11-03-2011, 08:19 PM
haha...shocking mail. o.o

Zeus
11-03-2011, 08:20 PM
I would love to be a part of this. what's the requirments Parth?

No requirements except restrain from flaming. In other words, manners is what we ask and look for. That and decent PvP skills. PvP can always be taught though, so it's secondary. :)

EDIT: Made the FaceBook group for the guild! Check it out and let me know of your FaceBook profiles, as it is a secure and private group. This means I have to invite you in. I'll start giving others access to invite once it fills in.

The group name is "Pocket Legends: Renaissance".

Also, WoundedEagle made the Renaissance forums group, so be sure to accept his invitation. Any member that wants to help towards the building process, just jump in! Make sure to let the other guild members know before hand what your plan of action is though. After all, a leaderless guild only unites the guild because people feel more included. :)

Cytokinesis
11-03-2011, 08:22 PM
PvP can always be taught though, so it's secondary. :)
*fist pump*

:)

Zeus
11-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Good luck kiddo best wishes @_@

Thanks Myra! :)

Zeus
11-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Thank you to the person who downrepped this thread. I guess hater is going to hate. :)

Otukura
11-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Thank you to the person who downrepped this thread. I guess hater is going to hate. :)

lol, I was considering downrepping for "should have joined rev", but didn't want to go through the hassle of up-repping twice, because of the spread it out thing.

Cytokinesis
11-03-2011, 08:53 PM
what was the comment?

Zeus
11-03-2011, 08:56 PM
what was the comment?

"you talk a lot but dont back it up with actions". It was a personal attack, not something against the thread itself.

Cytokinesis
11-03-2011, 08:58 PM
"you talk a lot but dont back it up with actions". It was a personal attack, not something against the thread itself.
*speechless* and lol u did an action by making this thread

13lacklegionz
11-03-2011, 09:14 PM

Umm, actually, no.

CRITICAL THINKING: This bet ends when you flame someone. This is because you did not post a time limit, and since there is always a possibility that you will flame someone, the bet won't end until you do. So it's a win-win situation for me.

Okay, we'll bet one million. ;)

Zeus
11-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Umm, actually, no.

CRITICAL THINKING: This bet ends when you flame someone. This is because you did not post a time limit, and since there is always a possibility that you will flame someone, the bet won't end until you do. So it's a win-win situation for me.

Okay, we'll bet one million. ;)

LOL! Black, you sir, crack me up!

blox
11-03-2011, 09:21 PM
is there any lvl requirement?
and some of those members u have i believe is in different guild?

Zeus
11-03-2011, 09:24 PM
is there any lvl requirement?
and some of those members u have i believe is in different guild?

Hi!

Please read through the thread, please! I believe some of your questions were answered in the original post. :)

There is no level requirement as far as I know. :)

13lacklegionz
11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
LOL! Black, you sir, crack me up!

Oh yaaa! :)

WoundedEagle
11-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Parth, A lot of people are leaving. Adam suggested we restart Unity and put everything about Renaissance in there.

Whirlzap
11-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Guys, bear through.
This is what happens at first, erosion.
Everything begins with a rough start, the rocks, even the earth.
Years bind the rough soil together to form a solid unpenetrable rock.
A guild must be a rock.
It sounds sort of stupid, a guild being a rock, but I hope you understand.

Zeus
11-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Parth, A lot of people are leaving. Adam suggested we restart Unity and put everything about Renaissance in there.

Allright, it has to be Luci's decision as well though.

It seems to be people have a problem with the name, so we are thinking of just sticking with the name Unity, but keeping Renaissance's principles.

Catwomen
11-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Well congrats on being a new guild :)

Zeus
11-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Well congrats on being a new guild :)

Thank you! :)

Weak_Sauce
11-04-2011, 08:42 AM

Not the right place to air your dirty laundry.

On another note, although I miss you dearly Apollo, I wish you the best of luck in your new venture!

(ps I love that toyman wand)

BirdBrainJr
11-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Good luck kid...

StompArtist
11-04-2011, 10:18 AM
What would be wrong with the name Renaissance? The likes of Leonardo DaVinci lived in this period and it is generally regarded as the passage between the dark ages and modern days. I think it is a really cool concept for a guild name!

nmyxspaceship
11-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Well I can control my anger and I'm a decent PvP, I would like to join if thats ok with the committee.

Deathninja
11-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Can i join guild im lvl 54 currently trying to get to 60 and love pvp pls take me under consideration my guys name is probird thank you

Epic Unicorns!
11-05-2011, 09:29 PM
This is a pretty scary strong group here! I would love to join someday with my new birdie, once it's leveled up :)

Hawkbby
11-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Well you guys know me:) I would like to join. If you guys are taking people in, please pm me if I can or cannot. Thanks!

Zeus
11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Going to lock this thread up. We made a decision last night. Keep Unity's name, but implement Renaissance's principles. The guild leader of Unity is now nobody either; Unity's GM is "NOLEADER". So, refer to the Unity thread for more information. We will update it with Renaissance's principles, values, and morals in the coming future! (:

Zeus
11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
*click*