PDA

View Full Version : All the AWESOME THINGS about Alien Oasis (add yours!!!)

haroldiv
07-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Hey community and devs,

I just want to say how i think you guys are on an awesome trail with the AO series. Yeah we always have complaints, little bug fixes and suggestions but that is not what this thread is about. This thread is designed to tell you what exactly i and hopefully others think is so awesome about AO in hopes that you will continue along this path and add things like it in the future.

Bosses
HUGE improvement over swamps. I LOVE that R'Loxx is a bowmage, great little easter egg. I love the mini-chambers before RLoxx. Djinn, anubis then rloxx is great and would love to see more like this. Same thing on level 4 with the bunch of djinns on the way to the 1 boss there. I LOVE the lore and named weapons. this is HUGE and integral to MMO's. Ryloxx blaster is DPS with MS and crit and represents its owner RLOXX quite well etc.

Pink Classes
Thank you for completing the formula for pinks. i still wish we had the full range in AO1 but at least its here now. It is INTEGRAL to make all 5 types available for each new expansion. Please keep this up. Many people base their builds off being able to get high ms, hs, dodge, crit or a combo in gear. I know i personally have played with all the types and LOVE finding the right combination. LOVE that it is related to the egyptian gods. AWESOME.

Ultimate Pinks
Dudes, yes. I STILL have yet to recieve one and i PLAY ALOT. This sucks right now for me but i can see the bigger picture. Blasters are the perfect example. When an archer pops in with a black xbow we ALL KNOW this dude has a Ryloxx and give him props. This not as apparent with plasma swords but the concept is still there. I love the new Galaxy stuff, so uber. PLEASE keep this up. Next expansion PLEASE add a WIDE RANGE of these. Just choose a bunch of egyptian names and give the weapons personality. Please keep these really rare. The satisfaction is HUGE when you get something very little people have. We are starting to get this in AO2 and it hasnt been like this in a long time. Last item like this was the copperhead hammer but that sucked =P anyway, keep it up!

PVP
Guys, PVP is so much better just based on archer gear available. Notice how you dont hear pure birds complaining anymore? Thats because of Osiris/Horus. Way to go. More gear is almost always the answer in balancing. Messing with the forumlas causes equal and opposite reactions in unexpected places.

Bah im sure theres more but i gotta get back to work. I put this thread in general discussion cause its not purely for feedback. I hope other people share what they like or just give u guys a virtual high five on AO2.

Royce
07-07-2010, 01:59 PM
The variety and rarity of top gear is excellent. I was a bit disappointed with AO1, but AO2 has more than made up for it. If this campaign is any hint of what future campaigns will be like, then this game has a bright future.

bmc85uk
07-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I agree with it all apart from this

More gear is almost always the answer in balancing. Messing with the forumlas causes equal and opposite reactions in unexpected places.

PvP then only stays balanced while characters wear the right gear. It's much better than it was, but still needs a lot of attention, int enchantresses still suck (yeah i know stat driven skills)

haroldiv
07-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Got another one i forgot!

PINK DISTRIBUTION
Im not sure of the exact forumla but it seems the 3 main bosses Ztoxx (war) Btoxx (mage) and Rloxx (archer) drop 4 out of 5 pieces of gear that match their classes and 1-2 random pieces. This is great because otherwise warriors would not want to farm rloxx since there would be no chance at plasma sword and vise versa. Great forward thinking on this.

smokester
07-07-2010, 03:53 PM
well said harodiv i like the thread... thats all i have to say for now cant think of anything lol apart from what you said...

Unsung
07-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Great analysis and I agree on all your points haroldiv.

I'll add one additional 'Amen'. Placing so many mobs between spawn point and potentially uber gear is a win. I'm your typical farm boy but when you can spawn and walk a few steps to find satisfaction, the thrill fades quickly (ie. Old Frogmar).

Banned
07-08-2010, 11:24 AM
I love the idea of having a different drop rate for certain items in certain levels. The constent farming of Plasma Pyramid has finally been eliminated (Now that people have discovered that).

Jstizar
07-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I love the awesome staffs...that I can't get. :(

roguedubb
07-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Dig the shadow dudes - they get me excited about lore when I see them!

Kirei
07-08-2010, 06:46 PM
just the thought of more lore/myth theamed levels give me a boner...... sorry

ratava
07-09-2010, 05:40 PM
2 whole expansions!

ratava
07-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Update: Finally got some time into these expansions, so thoughts:

1) Best artwork so far.
2) Open level design is very fresh change.
3) "This one's mine!" 'sneer voice-overs are quality.
4) Caption-shots and unlocked achievement Thunder Wing, shades effects are all solid touches.

Thanks devs!

Violentsaint
07-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Update: Finally got some time into these expansions, so thoughts:
4) Caption-shots and unlocked achievement Thunder Wing, shades effects are all solid touches.

unlocked achievment? wth are u talking about?

i like the drop rates and uber rare pinks, everyones complaining that theres nothing to do, imagine if everyone had blasters and plasma swords, then we would really have nothing to do...

ratava
07-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Thunder Wing for 3,000 kills ; )

Nice touch.

Iambirdman
07-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Scorpions in your boots when camping in the desert:)