PDA

View Full Version : Since when did....

arischal
11-03-2011, 05:26 AM
Since when did "pissed" become a swear word? I was looking at my reputation and saw that somebody said "you don't have to swear to get your point across" and all i said was "pissed". Is it a bad word in europe or something?

Unmillione
11-03-2011, 05:42 AM
It is a bad word, frowned upon I guess?

MightyMicah
11-03-2011, 05:49 AM
Its kinda like "crap" only a little more frowned upon, but not a swear word.

Dazamo
11-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Doesn't that mean drunk in England?

Unmillione
11-03-2011, 06:06 AM

Yes, I think so.. :snowman:

Redbridge
11-03-2011, 06:07 AM

Yep, and annoyed as in 'pissed off' or 'he's really pissed with me'. As already said not specifically swearing but not the best chioce of language I suppose. Although I don't know the context it was used in, but not a biggie for me.

I suppose people are entirley allowed to give or take rep points based on their own standards and moral compass. Remember some people on the forums live in very liberal countries yet others come from deeply religious or conservative countries, and a whole host of other cultural standards and customs.

With all that in mind, here have a few back to hopefully balance out your day and help you forget it ever happened.

arischal
11-03-2011, 07:11 AM

Yep, and annoyed as in 'pissed off' or 'he's really pissed with me'. As already said not specifically swearing but not the best chioce of language I suppose. Although I don't know the context it was used in, but not a biggie for me.

I suppose people are entirley allowed to give or take rep points based on their own standards and moral compass. Remember some people on the forums live in very liberal countries yet others come from deeply religious or conservative countries, and a whole host of other cultural standards and customs.

With all that in mind, here have a few back to hopefully balance out your day and help you forget it ever happened.
LOL I wasn't really concerned with my Rep, just wondering if my choice of words was offensive. Ty for the Rep points back. I guess I will just choose my words more carefully!

vaffunculo
11-03-2011, 08:12 AM
LOL I wasn't really concerned with my Rep, just wondering if my choice of words was offensive. Ty for the Rep points back. I guess I will just choose my words more carefully![/QUOTE]

If that word offends anyone they really need to get a life, nothing offensive about it at all...one of the most common expressions I can think of...they just have nothing better to do than complain.

Redbridge
11-03-2011, 08:53 AM
As I've already said above it doesnt personally bother me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what is offensive or not but....

If you're easily offended look here... (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36911-Are-you-offended-Watch-this....)

vaffunculo
11-03-2011, 09:04 AM
As I've already said above it doesnt personally bother me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what is offensive or not but....

If you're easily offended look here... (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36911-Are-you-offended-Watch-this....)

I wish I could have seen it but, every time someone links anything to you tube in a post it always tells me video cannot be found...is that a limitation or bug with the mobile forum app? Or is it just an old video? Any info would be appreciated.