PDA

View Full Version : .5 sec between skill use? what do u think?

haroldiv
07-07-2010, 05:08 PM
hey, im not sure if this has been brought up but what about that? Require .5 secs or something like that inbetween using skills. i know i know, dont flip out. first of all this would prevent the dreaded one shot. full dex archer oneshots mages and other archers no question. yes he might not be able to do it 3 times in a row but nothing sucks worse than dying knowing there was nothing u could do to prevent it.

a time in between skills would also make combos more important and usefull. Archers will still be able to cast all skills but it would be in a 2 second time frame. same thing with mages and bears obviously. right now a lot of pvp is still who can mash buttons the fastest. those of us on high speed connections and ipads have a HUGE advantage over ipod or iphone 3g players.

simple concept, simple results. what do you think?

bmc85uk
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Completely agree, although I think skill use times should be done individually by the skills rather than uniformly across the board.

KingFu
07-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't agree, we then when mages are healing they have to wait to heal everytime and more people will die, I think skill recharge is enough!

Rebel
07-07-2010, 06:28 PM
I don't agree, we then when mages are healing they have to wait to heal everytime and more people will die, I think skill recharge is enough!

I think that he is talking about .5 sec in between different skills.

Anyway, I like the idea of not wanting a one shot, but how about this. Instead of a wait time in between skills, there is a cast time. Ex. 2 second cast time for firestorm. .25 sec delay when cast is interrupted by an attack. That's just my idea.

haroldiv
07-07-2010, 06:40 PM

not true. u dont have to wait .5 secs to cast heal. u just cant cast heal instantly after casting something else. u can still spam heal in PVE group. .5 seconds is much shorter than the actual skill cooldown. this will just prevent mages and archers and bears from mashing all 4 of their damage skills at once and oneshotting people.

Royce
07-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't like this at all. Removes combos and most of the strategy that currently exists in PvP. Also, if you're trying to prevent 1-shot's, ask them to do something about crit. If you get killed by more than one skill, then it is by definition, not a 1-shot ;)

Azrael
07-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I def like this concept. I also think more variability needs to be added to the cooldown times. Like slashes that do more damage would have longer cooldowns etc...

Comboing shouldn't require that you cast everything in 1-2 seconds in the first place.

haroldiv
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't like this at all. Removes combos and most of the strategy that currently exists in PvP.

naw it would actually make more combos land. a lot of the time a combo wont go off if u mash them together too fast. ice+ firestorm for example. well at least for me thats how it seems.

roguedubb
07-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I have noticed the ice+fire combo failing if used too quickly. A 0.5sec GCD would help that, but I don't really see the need given the way abilities have their own CDs at the moment.

Obliteration
07-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Why? Just wait .5 seconds.... We don't need more nerds.

Rebel
07-07-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm telling you, cast times would fix this this whole dilemma :p

Potawto
07-07-2010, 10:53 PM
I agree with reb also u almost done with my sig?

King Richie
07-08-2010, 02:48 AM
i love this idea ... adds more skill to the game !! woop woop roll on .5 sec wait times !

Azrael
07-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Bump for awesome (yet obvious) idea. .5 - 1 second timer.

I only say .5 cause i dont know how fast that would actually be... Just make it the same universal cooldown as wow.

Rebel
07-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Or we could just have a cast time...

Theremin
07-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Why? Just wait .5 seconds.... We don't need more nerds.

I love you, Obliteration.

I'm with Myst on this one. I don't think this concept isn't really feesible at this time with the way things are going, and the fact that having an alternate healing rotation isn't something I know enough about currently to comment further. Something like that (a healing rotation) would most certainly require voice com, IMO.

I feel that the responsibility for healing could be shared a little better rather than having it fall on one person completely. I have been in groups with well geared bowchantresses, and "mega-mages" who thought they should be exempt from doing any healing, which I think is garbage. Someone told me, that I should be able to handle all the healing because I have 20+ M/s. ::grumble::

Enchantresses are an amazing class BECAUSE of their AOE healing ability. I think those hybrids out there who think that they don't have the M/s to heal every now and again need to figure out whether popping a quick heal to preserve the integrity and longevity of the group is better than trying to cast a last-ditch-attempt Revive (which is wicked expensive, mana-wise at low ranks) and hoping things work out.

Azrael
07-12-2010, 02:00 AM
I love you, Obliteration.

I'm with Myst on this one. I don't think this concept isn't really feesible at this time with the way things are going, and the fact that having an alternate healing rotation isn't something I know enough about currently to comment further. Something like that (a healing rotation) would most certainly require voice com, IMO.

I feel that the responsibility for healing could be shared a little better rather than having it fall on one person completely. I have been in groups with well geared bowchantresses, and "mega-mages" who thought they should be exempt from doing any healing, which I think is garbage. Someone told me, that I should be able to handle all the healing because I have 20+ M/s. ::grumble::

Enchantresses are an amazing class BECAUSE of their AOE healing ability. I think those hybrids out there who think that they don't have the M/s to heal every now and again need to figure out whether popping a quick heal to preserve the integrity and longevity of the group is better than trying to cast a last-ditch-attempt Revive (which is wicked expensive, mana-wise at low ranks) and hoping things work out.

This has nothing to do with healing. Healing already has 4 second cool anyway. Adding .5 seconds to it doesn't do anything. No one expects heals from Enchantresses anyway so they are off the hook.

Theremin
07-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Wow. I guess I get in the needy dungeon groups lol, people calling the wahmbulance if they have to use more than one healing potion per run and such. Lmao. Omg, killing one mob these days equals a potion. WTF?

Anyway, I understand the combo perspective, I've always wondered why combo points could not be accumulated by casting things in a specific sequence, and the more parts you add to the combo the more damage you do, versus the way it is now. I do agree that as far as dealing damage is concerned, there should be some other way to remedy the situation, and cast times might help with that. I basically got one shotted today in the arena by some premature-ejaculator of an INT spec enchantress. Before I could even get to the guy, he'd blown every CD he had (I swear, this has never happened before), and I was dead instantly. I was amazed, and totally critted all at the same time. He basically killed me before even the GAME knew I was dead, if that gives you any information as to how fast it happened. That's ridiculous.

pvpmaster
07-13-2010, 01:46 PM
i disagree with this i like being able to do all my skills really fast it jus pwns on a archer/ bears plus bears wont b able to b almost balanced agisnt a archer cause when they using their specs the archer can use repulsive shot and shoot u away b4 u can do anything else and mages need it to get their kills but with the .5 waiting mages wont b able to do firestorm lightning so its harder for them to get kills it would jus make everything more unbalanced and pvp hard a lil hard i personaly like my fights to last about 20 second so they jus need to lower damage or raise ur armor in pvp i think hving like 1.5x armor would make it more balanced