PDA

View Full Version : Void blaster and Void bow

javier995
11-04-2011, 01:53 AM
What is the difference between a Void Bow and a Void blaster? The void bow seems better, yet it's way cheaper. Anyone care to explain? I've been gone from PL for too long lol

Skeletonlord
11-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Void is a small dow and doesn't do much damage and void blaster does much more damage and is a long blaster with lots of colours. Id get the void blaster which is about 95-100k. Void bow is cheaper because its damage isn't that good

javier995
11-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Void is a small dow and doesn't do much damage and void blaster does much more damage and is a long blaster with lots of colours. Id get the void blaster which is about 95-100k. Void bow is cheaper because its damage isn't that good

So the blaster does splat damage?

Doubletime
11-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Think of the Megablaster verses the Sunblessed bow as the same decision that you make when choosing between a bow and a crossbow. The bows typically have faster speeds and higher dps, but lower per shot damage and shorter range. The Megablaster has longer range, higher per shot damage, and a slower speed (thus lower dps).

Check your skill damage with both and you can see how the per shot damage difference effects each of your skills for damage.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that the Sunblesse Bow and MegaBlaster have different helm requirements in order to get a set bonus with the Wraith armor. The Megablaster needs a Jacob's Helm, while the Sunblessed Bow needs the Overlord's Helm in order for the set bonus to proc.

Personally, back in the days of my being a 50 and using Wraith gear, I preferred the Megablaster set. I found the range and skill damage more benificial to my playstyle. However, they are cheap enough these days to get both - try to see which you prefer and then resell the one you don't want to use.

Good luck.

javier995
11-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Think of the Megablaster verses the Sunblessed bow as the same decision that you make when choosing between a bow and a crossbow. The bows typically have faster speeds and higher dps, but lower per shot damage and shorter range. The Megablaster has longer range, higher per shot damage, and a slower speed (thus lower dps).

Check your skill damage with both and you can see how the per shot damage difference effects each of your skills for damage.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that the Sunblesse Bow and MegaBlaster have different helm requirements in order to get a set bonus with the Wraith armor. The Megablaster needs a Jacob's Helm, while the Sunblessed Bow needs the Overlord's Helm in order for the set bonus to proc.

Personally, back in the days of my being a 50 and using Wraith gear, I preferred the Megablaster set. I found the range and skill damage more benificial to my playstyle. However, they are cheap enough these days to get both - try to see which you prefer and then resell the one you don't want to use.

Good luck.

Thank you very much.

wvhills
11-04-2011, 08:56 AM
If you want to save money I would recommend not getting either. I would use whatever equips you have now and level to 51 while in AO3. When you're 51 I would then get level 51 underlings and use that. I did the same thing as you did when I was leveling. I had my eye on having a void set, spent a lot of money on it and used it for 1 level.

Lowlyspy
11-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Umm ive checked this and the void bow actually has a higher max damage than the mega blaster :/

Doubletime
11-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Umm ive checked this and the void bow actually has a higher max damage than the mega blaster :/

I stand corrected. :) Thanks Lowlyspy.

Suentous PO
11-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Stats aside, I had the same experience as Robert. Spent all, used barely, resold at loss quick. Cheap sewer kits rule at low 50s.

blox
11-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Bow less money
Blaster more money!

Blaster have better stats tho and it looks cool

NoobianOfAlterra
11-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Most important thing about higher price is blaster's range and coolness. That's probs all there is to it.

Lowlyspy
11-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Blaster have better stats tho and it looks cool
false, aside from the damage and rate of fire, blaster and bow have the exact same stats. Tho I will say it does look cooler. Idk I guess it just goes to personal preference.

NECROREAPER
11-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Idk bout you guys but I used Hate + Gurg Hammer all the way up to 59, lol :D

(elite 59 gear ftw!!!)

Skeletonlord
11-04-2011, 01:01 PM

I thought void bow wasnt good compared to void blaster

partymonsterx
11-04-2011, 01:23 PM
I was also wondering why the blaster is so much more money when the stats are not as good. I ended up going with the sunblessed bow. But now I am 55 and dont know what to buy for my bowbear? I am too stingy with my money lol

Lowlyspy
11-04-2011, 02:52 PM
I thought void bow wasnt good compared to void blaster
Its more of a personal preference, some people prefer the void bow due to its higher damage and lower price, some prefer the mega blaster due to its aoe damage. If all you're talking about is damage however the void bow comes out a little ahead.

Swimmingstar
11-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Let me try to find the comparisons someone made...

Swimmingstar
11-04-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16639-Void-Set-vs.-Sentinel-Equipment-An-Unbiased-Analysis

Physiologic made this.

Zapoke
11-04-2011, 03:16 PM
I was also wondering why the blaster is so much more money when the stats are not as good. I ended up going with the sunblessed bow. But now I am 55 and dont know what to buy for my bowbear? I am too stingy with my money lol

If you're going to be a bow bear, and want a set, then buy either Raid (more auto and, I believe, more skill damage) or Custom (more crit by a little, a lot more regen). However, due to my own liking, I would say you should use Fortified. ;)

13lacklegionz
11-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Get a drainers auto-bow, drainers cap, and underling armor. Cheap (less than 10k) and effective, with good dodge.

krazii
11-04-2011, 04:45 PM
It's all about the Blaster!!!! Even if the bow is better (which is a debate) the blaster is WAYYYYY more fun.

Snakespeare
11-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Blaster's more elite because it's harder to get one to drop.

My setups... With Blaster set I have 203 DPS 81 Armor 8 Health regen and 9 Mana regen. With Sunblessed set I have 257 DPS 83 Armor 9 Health regen and 6 Mana regen. But with Mystery Set I have 318 DPS 77 Armor 33 Health regen and 0 Mana regen. But for best defense I use a combination of Laser Talon/Force Wing with Mystery armor and Jacob's Helm for 214 DPS 108 Armor 16 Health Regen and 6 Mana regen.

Piosidon
11-05-2011, 12:19 AM
I've also found out that the void megablaster set has a lot of crit.

wvhills
01-17-2012, 03:09 PM
fyrce with the 2 month necro! +1 :)

adidaman
01-17-2012, 03:52 PM
I remember this thread... The good old' 2 months ago's. Am I right

wvhills
01-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Huh?

Weird. Could have sworn there was a current comment. How did I even end up here?

Delete :p

There was another thread just like this one and someone put a link to this thread in that one. That may be how. Btw, thanks for deleting your comment now it looks like I'm the necroer. haha. j/k.

plmafiaboss
01-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Void is a small dow and doesn't do much damage and void blaster does much more damage and is a long blaster with lots of colours. Id get the void blaster which is about 95-100k. Void bow is cheaper because its damage isn't that goodit's damage Is better and if I remember correctly it's faster too

ghost.mw
01-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Dude just get a syber set ,it's free good and you will get a blaster and a talon set.

Cytokinesis
01-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Dude just get a syber set ,it's free good and you will get a blaster and a talon set.
you don't get a talon, its the Laser Talon which you have to buy

javier995
01-17-2012, 08:07 PM
There was another thread just like this one and someone put a link to this thread in that one. That may be how. Btw, thanks for deleting your comment now it looks like I'm the necroer. haha. j/k.

Yea i put the link to this thread. He asked the same question that i asked here, so i gave him the link so he could see the answers.

Pft i didn't do wrong did?:p

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk