PDA

View Full Version : Something terrible happened!

The Royal Gaurd
11-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Someone entered my guild [The Royal Guard] and deleted all the members in it!!! What do i do now???

vaffunculo
11-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Guess invite the members again, maybe email support..they could possibly help..and be more careful who you give officer rank to...instead of giving officer tank maybe just use recruiter rank for players you don't know well.

The Royal Gaurd
11-04-2011, 07:21 AM
sigh why can't people just play properly?

MimeRifle
11-04-2011, 07:24 AM
I can think of a better word than "people"... grrrrr. Sorry to hear about that. What a jerk! Good advice to use the recruiter rank. Officer is for people you trust. I have heard this story before. Jeez. Good luck!

The Royal Gaurd
11-04-2011, 07:25 AM
40+ members in a week of hard work, all gone now....

MoarPewPew
11-04-2011, 07:34 AM
40+ members in a week of hard work, all gone now....

If you know the person who intentionally deleted them I would email support about that. I'm sure they would get a temp ban or something like that. Im very sorry about this happening. All I would say is post a thread on the forums asking all your guild members to ask for an invite when they see you in game. Good luck and try to be more careful next time with assigning power.

Slant
11-04-2011, 07:35 AM
hmm this has happened a couple of times to guilds, looks more like griefing than spies or something, been posted here as well, be careful who you make officers, and additionally, people may leave on their own, so note down a list of players so you can contact them when they leave or if someone else removes them

The Royal Gaurd
11-04-2011, 07:40 AM
it happened when i was not online. Kk i shall copy down a list of my guild members. the only reason i promoted them is so that i can get more members quickly.

MoarPewPew
11-04-2011, 07:42 AM
it happened when i was not online. Kk i shall copy down a list of my guild members. the only reason i promoted them is so that i can get more members quickly.

Email support! They log everything such as chat, and alterations in the game. They can catch the person if you email them the time frame and day it happened.

support(@)spacetimestudios.com

Remove the "()"

The Royal Gaurd
11-04-2011, 07:43 AM
kk thanks, will do.

vaffunculo
11-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Recruiter rank as I said before, they can invite members to join but cannot boot members. There really is no need to even have an "officer" rank imo...that just creates problems like this...all out takes is one mean spirited our jealous person and...well you know where I am going with this...good luck.

ninjaduck
11-04-2011, 08:22 AM
wow. it must feel bad :(

javier995
11-04-2011, 08:43 AM
As was said above, email support. Posting a thread won't solve your problem, sad but true. If you don't know the person who did this, the devs might be able to figure it out because of the all mighty powers:D. All you can do is email support with a full explanation(don't leave out any detail).
Support email is.
Support(at)spacetimestudios(dot)com
Replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .
These kinds of players are known as griefers and our frowned upon.

xXDamonDXx
11-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I don't see much point in officer rank now.
Anyway I still think they should change the way officer works so officers can't mass remove everyone and has a limit on how many times they can do that. Like 1 person every hour, gives time for gm to come on or for someone to report it.

Sorry to hear what happened though.

blox
11-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Remember: only make members an officer only if they are trustworthy and friendly. Never promote a total stranger member!

Fac3bon3s
11-04-2011, 10:12 AM
I hope the person responsible has their account banned. Whether they have purchased plat or not. There is no excuse good enough to support a reason for doing this. I hope everything works of for you.

CHOSEN
11-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Probably used an unregistered account.

Do you actually know who did it?

If you do, kindly post the name to give everyone a heads up.

javier995
11-06-2011, 04:23 AM
Probably used an unregistered account.

Do you actually know who did it?

If you do, kindly post the name to give everyone a heads up.

That isn't allowed. Although we would all want to know the name of this person, he cannot post the name on here. He can tell us in a different way(pm, ingame, etc.). Also, even if he did use a unregistered account, the devs can track what device that account was made and ban it. Bans work by banning the device which you are using and the email.

Redbridge
11-06-2011, 05:42 AM
I hope the person responsible has their account banned. Whether they have purchased plat or not. There is no excuse good enough to support a reason for doing this. I hope everything works of for you.

Provided once STS check the chat logs, it is proved that this person(s) did this without any authority, I fully agree.

Perma-ban in my book. I'd be devastated. BUT, as already said there are plenty of pre-cautions which can be taken to prevent this sort of this from happening. It's happened before, and unfortunately will happen again unless GMs are more careful.

CHOSEN
11-08-2011, 06:49 AM
That isn't allowed. Although we would all want to know the name of this person, he cannot post the name on here. He can tell us in a different way(pm, ingame, etc.). Also, even if he did use a unregistered account, the devs can track what device that account was made and ban it. Bans work by banning the device which you are using and the email.

You talkin' 'bout IP Ad, javi?

O_o Hmmm...

@THE ROYAL GUARD:

Hope you're now rebuilding...

The Royal Gaurd
11-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Rebuilding is hard work, i have only 2 officers now, managed to get my guild back into 20+ members...

LelouchX
11-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Provided once STS check the chat logs, it is proved that this person(s) did this without any authority, I fully agree.

Perma-ban in my book. I'd be devastated. BUT, as already said there are plenty of pre-cautions which can be taken to prevent this sort of this from happening. It's happened before, and unfortunately will happen again unless GMs are more careful.
I agree with you, and IDK if this is what you were getting at, but since STS can check chat logs, they should be able to see who was the booting officer, since it shows up as a /g chat when an officer boots and gives the name. Now idk if they would go to these lengths, since i think they just use that really to monitor/check chat after a report. If you know the night it happened, you could try emailing devs/support and see what they say about it. Even if STS doesn't take any official action against the person by banning, at least you will know who it was and make sure to keep them out of your guild now.

BodMaster
11-09-2011, 02:23 PM
He can tell us in a different way(pm, ingame, etc.).

Though this is only a way of getting away with not posting on the forums,

I wouldn't promote this either anything liked this should only be discussed with STS support. No other member should be involved except the Victim and Griefer.