PDA

View Full Version : New type of boss drop - plat

PatsoeGamer
11-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Not sure if it's been suggested before but I had an idea- for boss drops, why not introduce platinum?

I started thinking, yeah you can get it for free or pay for it, or enter competitions to win it, so why not have it as a boss drop too?

It could be scaleable as well, say 1 plat, 10 plat or maybe one in a million chance of 100 plat- open for discussion of course lol

Then I started thinking what if you could get plat scraps as boss drops also and craft them into plat as well?

Obviously the drop rate would have to be extremely difficult to get it. I think that for the not so hardcore player it would be a real treat if they got this drop as a surprise, and it may also make them think about spending plat in future too once they've tasted the delights!

MoarPewPew
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Never gonna happen. And it has been suggested before. I would just click on the free plat icon if you need some plat. :P

blox
11-04-2011, 10:04 AM
If plat would've droped from bosses then sts would lose over 100 dollars in less than an hour

Thread closed

Gluttony
11-04-2011, 10:08 AM
You're asking STS just throw money at the players for playing?! Doubtful, they introduce contests and other fun ways to earn plat and the TapJoy wall is always there if you want to nickel and dime you way to plat riches. What more can you ask?

NECROREAPER
11-04-2011, 12:47 PM
If plat would've droped from bosses then sts would lose over 100 dollars in less than an hour

Thread closed

Where's your data to substantiate this claim??

Thread remains open

Skeletonlord
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
This could happen but I doubt it will

ninjaduck
11-04-2011, 01:08 PM
i think if the drop rate was sooooo low. lower than vanites and glyphs, and lower than vyxs. then its sustainable for STS. <>_<>

NECROREAPER
11-04-2011, 01:09 PM
But then what's the point of it even dropping if it's that low? It'd be 100s of times easier to just do tap joy offers

vaffunculo
11-04-2011, 04:45 PM

Thread closed
Um...lmao

vaffunculo
11-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Lol blox, down-repping me with "unnecessary flame?" as reason.
What about you and your post boosting?
I could say the same about your post as being a post boost/spam.

Seriously? Blox at what point did you become the forum moderator to tell someone that a thread they posted is closed? You post more nonsense threads than anyone else I have seen on the forums.
I will just assume your trying to become a guardian of alterra, if that's the case at least post a useful thread once in a while...instead of the pure crap threads you make..and fyi can down rep me til the cows come home :) , I could care less about forum rep.

Cascade
11-04-2011, 05:07 PM
If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it. Amazing how many people forget about that saying.

RBeltran
11-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Hey guys, don't fight, be happy :)

OT: Idk, this idea is questionable. I like it because on the android there are barely any free offers for plat.

Redbridge
11-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Why are people being so rude...

If you can't be constructive then why post?

People can make mistakes sometimes but the reactions given are no better in my opinion, if not worse.

If you want to highlight how someone could have considered posting something then differently then fine, but what good is ever gonna come from the reactions above?

vaffunculo
11-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I posted nothing that "was not nice" if you are referring to me, I posted the truth.

Snakespeare
11-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Or, you could forego a few cups of coffee and just buy some plat. It's not like it's expensive.

vaffunculo
11-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Hmmm coffee or plat? That's a tough decision.

Whirlzap
11-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Very good idea, I was thinking about implemented it, with those Cyber/Elite Yeti Quests.
Do the hard work, get free plat eh?

Although it IS a good idea, it 99% won't be implemented.
STS would lose lots of money, and I would agree on this with them.
With so many new players starting, they seem to have made lots more money than before.
(Look at how much more devs they can hire, or the new content being readily brought to us.)

blox
11-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Guys, chill.

I'm gonna talk with this on topic:

Very good idea, I was thinking about implemented it, with those Cyber/Elite Yeti Quests.
Do the hard work, get free plat eh?

Although it IS a good idea, it 99% won't be implemented.
STS would lose lots of money, and I would agree on this with them.
With so many new players starting, they seem to have made lots more money than before.
(Look at how much more devs they can hire, or the new content being readily brought to us.)

so ur saying that if they gave out free plat for the hard quest like the peti quest because they already spent money on discounted items like deal of the day?