PDA

View Full Version : Exit Level and Elixirs

Rare
11-04-2011, 08:58 AM
I have a suggestion I've been meaning to make but never got around too.

Would it be possible to stop the elixir clock when you are on a map and click "Exit Level". As it stands now, the elixir clock continues to run even when you're looking for new games to join. The only way I know of to stop it is to either get booted (which sends you to a towne) or to actually enter the town.

I guess this would also apply to when you are looking through the join game menu.

Thanks,

Bert

xXDamonDXx
11-04-2011, 09:04 AM
I think even though it counts down out of a game in some cases. it will reset back to whatever time was left before hand.
I watched a 1hr elixer on character select screen count down by 10mins, then when i joined town it was reset back to the time that was left.

enchantereess
11-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Basically if your ever in a town your elixer clock will stay the same

Rare
11-04-2011, 09:12 AM
I think even though it counts down out of a game in some cases. it will reset back to whatever time was left before hand.
I watched a 1hr elixer on character select screen count down by 10mins, then when i joined town it was reset back to the time that was left.

I wonder if a Dev can confirm this for us.

Basically if your ever in a town your elixer clock will stay the same

Yeah this part is understood. It would be nice to be able to exit a game to wait for a remake or look for a new game and not have your time count down.

drewcapu
11-04-2011, 09:49 AM
From my observations...

There are some minor adjustments made here and there. But basically, any time the server sees you as being in a dungeon, it'll count down. Sometimes the client thinks you're in a dungeon longer (which is why you see it continue to countdown). But the "true" time is kept on the server side and will be re-adjusted the next time you enter a non-towne.

So if you're in a run that is just running one map over and over, be sure to exit the map as soon as the last kill is made and get to the Join screen. Hopefully you already have it filtered with the rmk'ers name in there. You'll get the most out of your elixir with this method.

If you're looking at the world map, you're still going to be in the dungeon. But if you go to the join screen, that's when your toon exits the dungeon. If you sit on a map waiting to join via the friends list, you're eating up your elixir time.

Gluttony
11-04-2011, 09:52 AM
The timer runs down but when you go back into any instance either dungeon or towne, it will add the time back. I have let it run all the way down to 0 to see what happens and it doesn't remove as it normally would but rather just sits at 0 seconds:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4553/img1232.png

Bgandyful
11-04-2011, 10:07 AM
I was told by a Dev that its suppose to work this way..since leaving a lvl with "exit lvl" will allow you to go back to same instance using "continue" button

Rare
11-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Gluttony, Drewcapu, and xXDamonDXx.

Thanks for the info. I confirmed this too. I appreciate it,

drewcapu
11-04-2011, 11:05 AM
I was told by a Dev that its suppose to work this way..since leaving a lvl with "exit lvl" will allow you to go back to same instance using "continue" button

Nice!

Didn't know you could use continue that way. I've actually avoided that button like the plague because I always hated where it put me. But even with this knowledge, I still probably won't use it ;)