PDA

View Full Version : dual pistols with blast shield vanity.

bboss
11-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Wondering why the no longer allow blast shield to be equipted with my dual pistols. That really stinks. I paid 50 plat for that sheild. And now cant use it.. im not a single pistol build. They made squid buddy to overlap your back armor.. how come blast sheild cant? Is this gonjng to be fixed?

Gluttony
11-04-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't see anything that needs to be fixed; it's a shield vanity so it replaces a shield item. That's pretty much what it is. The vanity items overwrite their counterparts so you need a shield in order to have the blast shield showing. The reason for the change is because vanity upgraded to a multifunctional option and now there are categories, so the blast shield was placed into the shield category instead of it just being a complete vanity.

Kahlua
11-04-2011, 12:44 PM
stash it and use it on another account? Cause I agree with gluttony; it's a shield vanity, so it's only going to replace the shield slot. Dual pistols don't use a shield.

bboss
11-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Then how come with my squid buddy i can still show my back armor? Its not like it gives u any advantage but for looks. And thats why i bought it. To use with my duals. Otherwise the regular shields r way kool looking.. beside a blast shiekd would be strapped to ones arm anyways. So i could in real life be able to hold a pistol in my left hand with a blast shield on my 4arm.. ;)

bboss
11-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Vanity is additive for looks. Yes it would replace the normal armor sheilds. But since i dont have any equiped i still should be able to use it just like squid buddy!

Gluttony
11-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Perhaps Squid buddy is due for a move to the pets section, or it could be the fact that squid buddy doesn't actually occupy any space that is required for the back vanity. Apparently a dev thought the shield and the gun on the same hand looks a bit strange so they changed it. Either equip the shield on a character that uses a shield or let it go. Yes in real life a blast shield could be strapped on an arm in which one also wielded a gun, but it's just as impractical irl also. You use a blast shield for protection (as a shield), so needing to move it so that your whole body is vulnerable is a horrible idea; if this is a pitch to make the game more realistic then I think it just backfired.

bronislav84
11-04-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm pretty sad this was taken out, too. I liked the shield on my op with pistols, and if the old way is any indication, it's visually possible. They just chose to take it out. Why?

Might be a limitation of the system now. You can wear dual pistols with a back vanity that looks like a shield, but you can't wear dual pistols with a shield vanity because you can't normally equip a shield with dual pistols. Still sad, since visually it doesn't clip anything and can work together.

It's not like com with big rifles poking through the shield or anything.