PDA

View Full Version : Another series of questions from a noob :)

Misfit
02-07-2018, 10:28 PM
You have all been extremely helpful in answering my past questions; since I am not in an active guild, I will continue to ask my questions here.

1. I have been looking into crafting an imbued gem set for my newly created rogue (since it looks insanely awesome). To get some of the supplies, I have to run through the planar tombs. I decided to try this on my 62 mage and it took me around 30 minutes to solo the first map (along with a ton of health pots). All my gear is legendary, along with a mythic belt. Do I just completely suck, or are these maps extremely difficult? I was wondering if it would be possible to run alone on my 41 rogue but this seems doubtful. Are there any tricks/tactics/gear I should look into to run these maps quickly? I don't have an active guild or friends that are interested in running it with me so soloing seems like the only option.
2. What items (brutality, potency, etc.) are best for rogues? I have tried to compare them in the auction house but I don't really know how to assess the trade off between damage and crit.
3. I got bored with mage and decided to play with a rogue (as you can tell from the above questions). How do you rogues not blow through mana? I have the gold to buy pots but its a pain having to spend a lot on them since I solo most maps.
4. I looked through the rogue class discussion but it seems wildly inactive, so I am going to ask this question here: what skills are best for PvE? Keep in mind that I usually solo most maps. Right now, I have 5/5 aimed, 5/5 nox, 5/5 sss, 1/5 sp and the rest of my points in passives/masteries (I saw this build in Zeus's rogue class discussion haha). I was wondering if traps and razor shield/medic would be better instead of some skills in my current setup.
5. Are there any really good, cheap pets (under 200k) for rogues that I should look into buying?

Thanks again in advance for any responses to these questions! Feel free to add me in game on "Quietdestiny" or "Mortuis".

Java
02-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Pots are life. They are a rogues 5&6th power. With that being said...nox & sss will always be costly in the mana department. I opt for aimed, traps, razor shield & shadow pierce. It's mana requirements are more manageable. I solo a lot too so I prefer this build with daggers for a more melee ranged scrapper feel. I also go full dex.

As far as cheap pets I like to add stanlee/shadowlurk's aa to any decently statted event heroic/legendary pet. It adds nice long crit and damage bonus with a very fast cooldown.

Just my opinion. Feel free to add me: ign same as here

Azerothraven
02-08-2018, 02:55 AM
1. It will be extremely difficult for you to solo Planar. Usually when daily timer reset, there is a lot of people that run Daily Planar Quest to kill 3 bosses. Most people runs Planar 2 map 3 times. But to unlock this daily quest, you will need to complete Planar 1,2 and 3. If you send me a pm I can help you unlock planar.
Here is the skill guide. I recommended Build 1 from here.

2. I recommend going with Potency ( for health ) and use SnS to gain the crit you need. If you run with Pt you wont need full potency.

3. Buy gear with primary stat in DEX. The second stat for helm, belt and armour should be INT. For ring and amulet buy main dex then second stat on str

4. I recommended Build 1 with Pt or people wont wanna run with you. Click Me for Skill Guide (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?410884-Rogue-s-Ultimate-Skill-Guide-to-Arcane-Legends)

5. Buy Heroic Little Bear or Heroic Fenris ( 500k each roughly ). Save Up for this. Dont buy other pets.

Bluehazee
02-08-2018, 05:29 AM
1. It will be extremely difficult for you to solo Planar. Usually when daily timer reset, there is a lot of people that run Daily Planar Quest to kill 3 bosses. Most people runs Planar 2 map 3 times. But to unlock this daily quest, you will need to complete Planar 1,2 and 3. If you send me a pm I can help you unlock planar.
Here is the skill guide. I recommended Build 1 from here.

2. I recommend going with Potency ( for health ) and use SnS to gain the crit you need. If you run with Pt you wont need full potency.

3. Buy gear with primary stat in DEX. The second stat for helm, belt and armour should be INT. For ring and amulet buy main dex then second stat on str

4. I recommended Build 1 with Pt or people wont wanna run with you. Click Me for Skill Guide (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?410884-Rogue-s-Ultimate-Skill-Guide-to-Arcane-Legends)

5. Buy Heroic Little Bear or Heroic Fenris ( 500k each roughly ). Save Up for this. Dont buy other pets. POTENCY gear gives INT to your rogue, which increase your mana, damage and health, but just a bit of health if you compare it to BRUTALITY gear that gives STR
I would recommend you to ask any experienced rogue about pve build, if you do it kindly they will help you 100%. Its better to follow advices from experienced players (like farmers) than from merchants who are almost all the time in towns.
Join a guild could be a good solution for you, so you can share your experience with different builds and also make new friends

Azerothraven
02-08-2018, 07:01 AM
POTENCY gear gives INT to your rogue, which increase your mana, damage and health, but just a bit of health if you compare it to BRUTALITY gear that gives STR
I would recommend you to ask any experienced rogue about pve build, if you do it kindly they will help you 100%. Its better to follow advices from experienced players (like farmers) than from merchants who are almost all the time in towns.
Join a guild could be a good solution for you, so you can share your experience with different builds and also make new friends

This is very insulting. Just because I merch doesn’t mean I am less knowledge or lack experience. Just because you don’t consider me a “pro” doesn’t mean I don’t have knowledge or experience that can’t help this individual.

If you actually take the time to read his question, he’s asking for a build to increase his mana. You don’t know me so don’t assume I lack strategy and skill.

I have 200k points in Mausoleum, 1k boss aps farming elite cryostar making 140m there and a lot of timed run. In case you didn’t get why I listed those, No-one achieve that much from being ‘ a merchant’. You try doing all that and find out how much strategy, time and skill (and gold ) is required to do timed run. Look me up in leaderboard ign: Handsumlegend.

Have a good day!

Xxkayakxx
02-08-2018, 08:43 AM
This is very insulting. Just because I merch doesn’t mean I am less knowledge or lack experience. Just because you don’t consider me a “pro” doesn’t mean I don’t have knowledge or experience that can’t help this individual.

If you actually take the time to read his question, he’s asking for a build to increase his mana. You don’t know me so don’t assume I lack strategy and skill.

I have 200k points in Mausoleum, 1k boss aps farming elite cryostar making 140m there and a lot of timed run. In case you didn’t get why I listed those, No-one achieve that much from being ‘ a merchant’. You try doing all that and find out how much strategy, time and skill (and gold ) is required to do timed run. Look me up in leaderboard ign: Handsumlegend.

Have a good day!

Don’t
Feed
The
Troll
XD

deathwraithx
02-10-2018, 10:38 AM
They might not even have been trying to insult you, but if you suggest potency gear for health, nobody is gonna guess you're on the LB tbh.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk