PDA

View Full Version : Strongman or charmin?

Lowlyspy
11-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Im workin on gettin Lowly a 56 glyph set, he is currently a paladin with ff & mm sets. Which would yall reccomend I get, strongman or charmin?

Kaarataka
11-05-2011, 04:00 AM
I'm a pallidin with demonic set and I find it very nice. Other tell me wand sets are even better but I have not tried. Since you are dual int str you have super low hit pct, so I would recommend getting bigtop instead of strongmans. That being said, I think int str is a very poor build in general. I don't know how often you notice...but you miss all the time. Try dex int or str dex. You will be amazed at the difference. The only problem with str dex is it has very low spell dmg and heal but the hit pct makes up for it. I still believe pure int or int dex is best for PvE. Str dex in PvE feels weak when it comes to overall dmg. Hope this helps some. My in-game name is the same as my forum name. Try contacting me sometime if you want some help.

Skeletonlord
11-05-2011, 04:24 AM
I think strongman is probably better than Charmin

RedRyder
11-05-2011, 06:28 AM
I've posted this in another thread lol and had a lot of back up but dex int mages are way better. Your skills and attack will actually hit. I only have 15 str but with the charmin wand set (level 58 mind you), dex ring I'm using, and the founders helm (persistence 2item set works better, but I missed the helmet) I have 170 armor. If you're doing pally for the armor, as you can see, it's not nessecary. You can get high armor without sacrificing damage output. I have enough int to wear 60 charmin, 15 in str (without it I get 169 armor, i hate odd numbers lol) and the rest into dex.

Lowlyspy
11-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm a pallidin with demonic set and I find it very nice. Other tell me wand sets are even better but I have not tried. Since you are dual int str you have super low hit pct, so I would recommend getting bigtop instead of strongmans. That being said, I think int str is a very poor build in general. I don't know how often you notice...but you miss all the time. Try dex int or str dex. You will be amazed at the difference. The only problem with str dex is it has very low spell dmg and heal but the hit pct makes up for it. I still believe pure int or int dex is best for PvE. Str dex in PvE feels weak when it comes to overall dmg. Hope this helps some. My in-game name is the same as my forum name. Try contacting me sometime if you want some help.ya I was int dex for a long time but switched to pally for old times sake, im personally lovin it and intend on stayin.

EDIT: im talkin bout the 56 sets, I have no intention on going any higher than 56 so demonic is not an option.

Lowlyspy
11-05-2011, 11:28 AM
So no one has an opinion on those two sets? Im leaning toward charmin personally.

Duped
11-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Charming as personal preference. Better spell damage, and you're not melee, which helps protect you better.

Kaarataka
11-05-2011, 04:58 PM
ya I was int dex for a long time but switched to pally for old times sake, im personally lovin it and intend on stayin.

EDIT: im talkin bout the 56 sets, I have no intention on going any higher than 56 so demonic is not an option.

My main question to you is this. Do you want to pve or pvp? If its pve go dex/int or pure int and get wand set. If you want to pvp then the decision is more difficult. As previously stated, friends of mine prefer wand sets and keep telling me to switch but I'm possibly the meanest pally out there at lvl 61 ;)

Lowlyspy
11-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Its for pve mainly, Im getting the charmin set and staying a pally for my fury set.

Thread Closed