PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4S MAJOR bug!?

Zeus
11-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Okay, so recently my entire family bought iPhone 4S's. When I logged on to try PL, it was blissful, the graphics were smoother than ever and ping was the lowest I had seen it in months.

Then I went to go try PvP, to my utter disappointment, things went downhill. Ping would be stable until I actually started fighting, then the screen would freeze up and stutter.

This problem was replicated on all the other iPhone 4S's I have come into contact with and has even shown its ugly face when using different wifi networks.

I have come to conclude, while I may be wrong, it must be some sort of glitch in the PL application due to the dual core processor of the iPhone 4S.

I would appreciate if any light is shed on this matter, as I have a tourney coming up and it's essential that I have at least a reliable device that I'm comfortable with for it.

Darkfader
11-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Doesn't ipad 2 have also dual core cpu? So it's something else than dual core cpu <-> pl app.
Have you tried in pve how it works there? When fighting mobs does it cause lag at there at all.

TANKKAAR
11-05-2011, 03:00 AM
I have to agree with Darkfader, even tho all my apple products (iPhone 4, iPad 1st & 2nd Gen) have always lagged my Android devices have dual core processors aswell and don't have that issue at all. So I highly doubt it's the processor but as for the root of the problem I am as lost as you.... gl and I hope u get it worked out before the tourney :)

Zeus
11-06-2011, 09:02 AM
I have a video of the occurances, but I'm not going to post it publicly, as it has some of my personal stuff. If a dev wishes to see it to get more of an idea of what's going on, please let me know.

Skeletonlord
11-06-2011, 09:36 AM
I have a video of the occurances, but I'm not going to post it publicly, as it has some of my personal stuff. If a dev wishes to see it to get more of an idea of what's going on, please let me know.

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain again what you said in the first post?

Xazic
11-06-2011, 10:55 AM
That is weird... I use iPad 1 and i got absolutely no problem, i mean normally. There are times with everyone being a bit laggy.

Zeus
11-06-2011, 10:59 AM
That is weird... I use iPad 1 and i got absolutely no problem, i mean normally. There are times with everyone being a bit laggy.

Yeah, there should be no reason that a phone as powerful as the iPhone 4S should have graphical hiccups. I mean, my iPhone 4 played the game without a single hint of lag; the iPhone 4S has a GPU that is up to 10x more powerful than that of the iPhone 4's, so it's only logical that the iPhone 4S shouldn't have a problem handling PL.

Zeus
11-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain again what you said in the first post?

Essentially, my point is that PL stutters and freezes/graphical hiccups periodically when playing the game. This is something my iPhone 4 and other devices were not doing. It's not specifically my phone because I've asked other users and tested some myself, all have the same results. Imagine when you're playing, the screen freezes for a split second then continues.

Zeus
11-07-2011, 09:20 PM
It seems to occur during skill animations. Perhaps some weird coding on Apple's or STS's part? Trying to figure out which party is responsible. Going to try and contact apple's developers later to see if it's a known problem.

XchilangopwnX
11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
I have this same problem. Except I don't use an iphone. I have a samsung mezmerize which initially did not have this pvp fighting lag spike issue. It came roughly after the halloween event. Its frustrating and I have really let down on twink pvp. I dont even try pvp on my main at all anymore. But I hope you find a solution. So far I haven't found one fir myself.
Have reinstalled/cleared cache/ moved to internal storage/updated my signal roaming thing (*228) so yeah...idk what else to try.
Wish you good luck though.

Jugernugett
11-07-2011, 10:37 PM
I have the same issue but I don't really care XD

Arthanos
11-07-2011, 11:24 PM
I have the same issue but I don't really care XD
What a waste of bytes :P
I have never run into lagging EVER, unless ping is bad, so I have no idea.

Otukura
11-08-2011, 12:49 AM
As I told you via PM, ask Siri!

Actually, I was looking around, and it was happening on a few other games. No single-player games, just multi-player. With games that supported both modes, it would only happen in multi-player.

angeldawn
11-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Me and a few friends have been having problems with the game stuttering but in PVE. (don't PVP much any more) All the action is choppy while ping levels are great and steady. However, we are on iPads (me iPad 1st gen). So, I don't think this is an isolated occurrence with iPhone 4s or PVP.

okakabarah
11-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Iīm having the same freeze trouble with my new iphone 4s. Iīm just doing pve, and each 5 seconds or so action freezes and goes ahead like a fast forward. Itīs not a lag question because my ping is the same as usual.
I also have an Ipad2 but I didnīt experience anything similar there.

Greetings from Spain

Edit: It seems to happen on SL too:(

Zeus
11-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Yeah! Finally others who have the same problem as me. I'm glad I wasn't going crazy. It is REALLY REALLY annoying, sometimes making me annoyed enough to just log off or sit in Balefort and chat.

Flip
11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I've reproduced the problem on a 4S here in the STS Secret Underground Testing Dojo. We're not sure yet if the issue lies with us or Apple but we're looking into it. Thanks!

Zeus
11-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I've reproduced the problem on a 4S here in the STS Secret Underground Testing Dojo. We're not sure yet if the issue lies with us or Apple but we're looking into it. Thanks!

Thank you so much! You're a life saver, Flip! (:

Zeus
11-12-2011, 02:31 PM
It seems as though a VAST majority of the skipping seems to have disappeared with the new iOS 5.0.1 update.

huskerfan23
11-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm having the same issue all is well until I start fighting. I have an EVO 4g though. I tried everything with no luck.

Zeus
11-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm having the same issue all is well until I start fighting. I have an EVO 4g though. I tried everything with no luck.

I believe the EVO 4G's problem is it's multitouch problems and it's weak GPU, but it might be a software problem. You definitely want to send an email to support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing the (at) an @.

Flip
11-14-2011, 12:25 PM
It seems as though a VAST majority of the skipping seems to have disappeared with the new iOS 5.0.1 update.
Good news!

Phoenixking
11-14-2011, 12:42 PM
I wish i could sig that lol that is hilarious lol is the dojo, awesome? o.o and

@apollo yeah ive noticed that after the update (5.0.1) it got better too sometimes it was choppy and at times (super rare now) it is

Econodeath
11-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi guys,
I was going to post something about this and then I found this post by apollo.
I am having the same exact issue, but it is with the iphone 4. Basically from what I can see and I
could be wrong and am not a tech guy by any means, but here goes. Ever since the ios 5.0 update for iphone's and this would
explain partly why iphone 4s would be affected as well I have been having this exact same issue. It isnt game lag, but more phone lag from what I see. My ipad 1 with 5.0 installed has same issue, but when I use my wifes iphone which is not updated to 5.0 or 5.1 I can play as my sweet ol fully functional mage self. At first while talking with some friends I had thought it was just me being tired, but then I realized I touch my screen and things aren't happening the way they should. For example if I am not on elixer I have a very hard time playing, because my phone and I am convinced it is my phone after update is not responding the way it did or should. I have also played on my droid x over wife cause its not hooked up and it worked perfectly!!!! I believe its iphone updates...

Oops I didn't notice a second page.
The good part is I am now updating my iphone to new update.
Blush Blush laugh at myself... lol