View Full Version : Guys lets make endgame pvp active again

Froze.Exe
02-11-2018, 08:19 PM
With this new cheap set and weapon proc that will balance op warrior armor(reduce 50% armor) op rog damage(reduce 50% damage) hopping endgame pvp will be active again...see yah guys😊

PsychoNuke
02-11-2018, 10:35 PM
Ehem ehem.. Tainted 3/3 + Kiss + Nightmare 3/3 + Awakes. PVP looks balanced than before :)
So I think I ll pass, thank you :p

Jawr
02-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Thats what I talking bout! See yah in pvp!

Flamesofanger
02-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Thanks to the new cheap set gear, i'm actually thinking of coming back to pvp. Not sure tho. :emmersed:

Multiverse
02-12-2018, 09:51 AM
While the pve community is active in endgame endgame pvp, level 66 is quite dead if you ask me.. I have a level 66 mage myself and i have to say that i barely see anyone active while there are enough gears so in that respect i do not think it's worth it to make endgame pvp active.

Froze.Exe
02-12-2018, 06:47 PM
The reason why endgame pvp is dead is because of lack of item that went over price and huge xp..but now sts is so generous giving as cheap op set and alot of daily xp so why not make both pve and pvp active again?..i just want everyone to enjoy both side of the game..hehe..gve it a try guys😁

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-13-2018, 12:54 PM
What if we made special items that were PvP only and these items rebalanced classes (Aimed Shot no longer dealing 30k+)?

Could that help endgame PvP?

Terrorshock1
02-13-2018, 01:13 PM
What if we made special items that were PvP only and these items rebalanced classes (Aimed Shot no longer dealing 30k+)?

Could that help endgame PvP?Yes it could... :D tank season would be nice [emoji48]

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Jawr
02-13-2018, 01:25 PM

Could that help endgame PvP?Can I kiss you, please, friendly! This is the best idea to renew PvP, this is probably related only to endgame? What if you do this to lower lvls too because there are still old school twinks, but let's first try it with endgame.

Flamesofanger
02-13-2018, 01:35 PM

I absolutely LOVE your idea! Please make it happen!, Also, can you please add vendors with exclusive items only for pvp? and with a special token like for example, called: "Honor points" ? Would encourage alot of people to play pvp for these exclusives! :D

devilMors
02-13-2018, 01:46 PM

absolutely yes.
damage reduction and armor increase is the point that could revive pvp again thanks to no more one combos or aimed shot which means skill will matter more than gear and so not only those riches but also those middle class but skilled players will be able to join pvp and have fun, as well.

|Ares|
02-13-2018, 02:54 PM

What if You guys would disable awakenings in pvp? Keep it on items for pve and stuff but none of them would work in pvp areas. Just stats coming from items, pets and jewels?

Screenshotz
02-13-2018, 03:04 PM
What if You guys would disable awakenings in pvp? Keep it on items for pve and stuff but none of them would work in pvp areas. Just stats coming from items, pets and jewels?

Would be great but probably won’t happen :/

Spell
02-13-2018, 03:32 PM

+1 please do sumthin like this! tired of rogues in speed set dominating

Korabiv
02-13-2018, 03:36 PM
There are unfortunantly many thing wrong with pvp that scare people away from it.

1. Awakenings. Makes pvp more about seeing who has better awakenings over skill. Good awakes are expensive too, not many can afford. Disabeling awakes would solve this.

2. Jewels/gems. Huge advantage to those who can afford the best ones, mainly at lower levels with para and eye. Doesnt affect endgame as much but still has a negative impact. Disabeling jewels/gems would solve this.

3. Speed set. These have made pvp no fun imo. Enough said. Not allowing these in pvp would help I think.

4. Harsh environment. This is probably why most people dont play pvp to be honest. So much drama and trash talk goes on in pvp. Trash talk usually is ok but AL people can be nasty. Gangers and such also hurt pvp. How to fix this? Well, people just need to be nicer or some sort of temporary ban from pvp for people who dont play nice.

All in all, I dont think this new set will make endgame active again unfortunantly. More has to be done (regarding above list) if pvp every will be as fun as it once was. I quit pvp about 2 years ago because of these reasons, only briefly stopping in to check if it was at all better. Pvp used to be amazing, too bad it can never be the same.

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-13-2018, 03:42 PM

From what I'm hearing that wouldn't be enough.

I hear a lot of sentiment of PvP imbalance being:

1) General PvP Imbalance. I mean you're all balanced to fight mobs with millions of health, not players with 10k
2) Class Imbalance. Roles of Tank, Damage, Support don't really translate into PvP
3) The haves vs have nots. This is based on what gear you're using (especially really good procs or rare things like Speed Set)
4) Awakenings on top of #3. Even if you "have" you may not have the best version of that have

I'll start some brainstorming here, maybe turn this into a greater thread later. What skill adjustments would make PvP more fair, assuming we remove the heal and damage reduction that are currently in place?

Jawr
02-13-2018, 03:54 PM

1) General PvP Imbalance. I mean you're all balanced to fight mobs with millions of health, not players with 10k
2) Class Imbalance. Roles of Tank, Damage, Support don't really translate into PvP
3) The haves vs have nots. This is based on what gear you're using (especially really good procs or rare things like Speed Set)
4) Awakenings on top of #3. Even if you "have" you may not have the best version of that have

I'll start some brainstorming here, maybe turn this into a greater thread later. What skill adjustments would make PvP more fair, assuming we remove the heal and damage reduction that are currently in place? I don't think removing heal and damage skill would be cool, I mean this is PvP if you use your brain and if you know when to heal yourself I mean perfect timing you win, removing awakenings and making a gear for only PvP would be enough! However make this please for every level because twinkin is still very popular in Arlor, you can see a lot of twinks and actually 50% plays twink 50% plays endgame, make test server with all these updates so we can check it how it gonna work, I would also like to remove FFA map and just let stay TDM and CTF maps due to making rooms more full, and maybe bringing leaderboard would be also a great comeback of popular PvP, also don't make rooms closed after 10+ kills in TDM map or CTF map where players flags up to 4 and makes room closed and they farm for hours or make that room get closed after 3h after opening it. I'd really like to see all this so the best way is to make SERVER TEST so we can complain about these things after we see how they work.

wowdah
02-13-2018, 05:19 PM
Try to mimic how pvp was in season 3-4 ish. i.e. its easier to balance when you dont have a ton of independent variables. adding new gear could help this since every1 would use those.

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-13-2018, 06:34 PM
For those commenting on twink PvP and preserving that:

If the endgame PvP was better balanced, what reason would you have for wanting to still PvP at twink levels?

The biggest on that sticks out to me is because you've already invested a lot of gold into it. Are there other reasons?

Ydra
02-13-2018, 07:06 PM

Is this real life?

If the endgame PvP was better balanced, what reason would you have for wanting to still PvP at twink levels?

The biggest on that sticks out to me is because you've already invested a lot of gold into it. Are there other reasons?

Twink PVP yields different strategies considering that you have limited skill points .
Also, different classes shine at different levels depending on the equipment available at that bracket.

Nevertheless, if endgame was balanced and affordable, it should definitely become the most active bracket. I think I speak for a large part of the community when I say that I really hope STS is looking into making this a reality.

Multiverse
02-13-2018, 07:27 PM

The biggest on that sticks out to me is because you've already invested a lot of gold into it. Are there other reasons? There are plenty of other reasons to start with, that Twink PvP gives nostalgia to many players and especially that Twink PvP still has a better balance than endgame PvP and that mainly because the damage in endgame PvP is very high, just look at rogues being glass cannons (short example).

Twink PvP has freedom for many players but that has been removed with eye / para gems and awakenings.

The perfect solution will be that the community gets a free choice of what level players want to be, because not everyone wants to play PvP on endgame because simply a huge majority of some players are not interested in the PvP endgame community, weapon choices, fast phrase PvP etc.

Twink PvP you have to look from a different perspective people play more and more partly only because they are more intrigued by the strategic than the strategic at endgame PvP.

I hope this makes it a bit clear. I try to empathize as much as possible with different players in the community about the aspect of endgame / twink PvP although i am no longer active every day because many friends have left the game partly because twink PvP is inactive.

Note: But it can become more active again with the right changes.

Gouiwaa9000
02-14-2018, 12:07 AM
Make ss set bonus inactive in combat , this way annoying rogs that hit you with aimed from off your screen and run away wont be such a pain to kill.
( note , i just came back into the game and have minimal gear so i didnt stick around in pvp for long , but i found this extra annoying in the few random rooms i joined )

Donquixoth
02-14-2018, 12:23 AM
I don't think PvP will be active like it used to be, even rebalancing will not help that much.

Nightwatched
02-14-2018, 01:03 AM

Yes a primary reason is the investments on twink gear with para that have significantly dropped prices but the other MAIN reasons are that:

--> From the game from beginning till now.. With higher levels the classes meant become stronger at their OWN respective traits.for eg: the deadly crits of rogues.
(at high levels).

But the lower levels the main spark to pvp came from :
1.) can buy cheap gear.
This is major because MANY people who had less gold still could join twink levels and be active participants.

2.) it had a great trait which was TIMING and NOT PURE STATS FROM EXPENSIVE GEAR ALONE.
Now rogues with LV 60 artifacts and the best awake gear which they spent about 100 of millions to obtain reflect in pvp.

3.) BALANCE:
It basically is more riches = more kills mentality which is NOT WRONG... BUT.. we are only asking to make a zone which is truly balanced WHICH TILL NOW I FELT WAS FROM LOW LEVEL PVP.

The death of twinking started from the intro of munchmouth and the enabling of pet slotting..
I remember clearly. The pvp which was fun for ALL even the rich players slowly started MOVING to people who could afford whats been releasing in continuous updates and releases but somehow all of them seemed to be against twinking for what i feel... Ehich was the beat time in AL for many.

Jawr
02-14-2018, 08:42 AM

The biggest on that sticks out to me is because you've already invested a lot of gold into it. Are there other reasons?Well PvP on twink levels is more old school I mean 11-16 bracket is very popular also some people love fast killing and some really don't on high level damage is too big and one combo you are dead, but on twink is more fun and more enjoyable, and if you look in game there are a lot of twinks, level 11-16 bracket is so popular for years and I know so many guilds and people who wait for something to happen and they are ready to back but unfortunately there isn't any gear, I would like removing FFA and just let TDM and CTF again be playable. Also I would like to see leaderboard get back and after every season it gets reset, don't make every class top 25 make mix of classes and that mix of top 25 gets the banner I don't want to see 75 people every season with banner walking around..
Also there are many people obsessed with their kill/death ratio and thats also the reason twinkin is popular, also the players are more interesting I really love twinkin I remember we would clash guild vs guild for 3h+ So many enemies so much fun and yea it's way cheaper than endgame.

Gouiwaa9000
02-14-2018, 11:02 AM

if the endgame PvP was better balanced, what reason would you have for wanting to still PvP at twink levels?

I used to twink because of the lack of new gear there( long time ago ). I could buy a set for 900k and slowly improve my stats and not worry about an expansion devaluing everything i own to like 20% of its original value . Also compared to end game , prices were way lower so everyone was more or less equally geared - build , timing and skill actually mattered . Current endgame pvp is way to expensive for most players so they just stay away from it , why play if you have no odds of winning ?

i suggested this before but.. introducing a matchmaker based on stats instead of level + adding scaling to awakenings ( 0 for items under lvl16 - 100% for anything above 66 ) will pretty much solve most of the standing problems - the rest will be pure class balance issues .

|Ares|
02-14-2018, 12:34 PM

I'll start some brainstorming here, maybe turn this into a greater thread later. What skill adjustments would make PvP more fair, assuming we remove the heal and damage reduction that are currently in place?

I agree that roles coming with support/damage don't really aply into Arcane pvp. Considering how at old caps (for example 56 cap) where mages had their spotlight because of Immortal gun you would see 0 of rogue accuracy in clashes or even random rooms.
I think that current biggest problem in pvp is the armor, at 61-63 bracket where most of the pvp stuff is happening right now, rogue might stack up to 5k+ armor with 2,5k+ damage input. With the armor stack at 66lvl where base armor is around 4800 considering you use nightmare armor/helmet or more than 5000 if you use tainted set rogue loses the meaning of glass cannon. Add the % armor stack in awakenings and rogue will easily hit 6k+ armor with 3000 damage. I already feel sorry for mages about it lol
The over armor stacked twinks with heroic dreambot and armor awakenings also cause most of the old twink brackets to die, due to clashes taking so long to finish I guess (correct me if I'm wrong).
I would suggest to give the community balanced weapons like armor/gun/sword that might have similar buffs/procs but does not really affect gameplay hard. It could be newly released arcane weapon content. Look at arcane ring for how long it was in use by people until the haste set came. Still even if you had speed you would not be able to instantly kill the arcane ring user (due to tankyness). For the future I would suggest removal of armor in pvp procs/buffs (especially on the weapons).

|Ares|
02-14-2018, 12:38 PM
Also Vroom, I believe that not just me but more people would love to experience Dev hosted Pvp Tournaments with some cool banners like it had a place in 2014 :)
Many people also suggesting the seasonal pvp Leaderboard. Why not implementing FFA as the another category for it? That would surely attract more people to play it.
I also believe that monitoring the leaderboards wouldnt be such problem just to check from to time to time how numbers are changing.
Yes guys, it's what people actually want! :)

Suentous PO
02-14-2018, 02:09 PM
Why twink?
It's fun. You can become a better player by knowing how all classes work @ dif levels. Sometimes they are great event runners. Some only run certain pve maps to farm specifics. Some specific weps/gear are fun and level restricted.

I've honestly wondered at times why sts seems to dissuade us from twinks? Even back in pl it was this way.

WilliamTheFighter
02-14-2018, 03:44 PM
Pvp is becoming active at 66. Getting matches almost all days. Gear is cheap and who wasnt 66 is lvling to come pvp at this cap. Insta kill proc helps to destroy whole tank stack happening at 66. But those weps proc its too rare, and the player must be exactly on the pack to absorbe it..this make it almost impossible its use. Moreover the time of packs its TOO SHORT not even time to charge axe (for example) that pack will disappear. This make the proc almost useless.
If pvp 66 its balanced? Well still need more time to say that. For sure mages are way too weak compared to the other classes.
Lowest damage class
Lowest hp class
Lowest armor class
Lowest crit class
Just enter a tdm map to notice 65% are warriors 30% rogues and mages soo rare, almpst none.
Let mages be highest damage class as it was 41 cap.

-Will

Inviato dal mio SM-J510FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Kershy
02-14-2018, 06:21 PM

The biggest on that sticks out to me is because you've already invested a lot of gold into it. Are there other reasons?IMO I like low lvl twinks (6-12) because rogues can't kill you with just 1 aimed shot which happens a lot on higher levels.. right now if you see a fight between 2 rogues you see them hiding behind the rocks and the one who shoots the aimed properly is the one who gets the kill.. for me that's not PvP at all... It's not even fun... On low level (I played at 12) you had a real 1v1 fight (2 rogues) that could last several minutes... It was all skill based and not stat based.. but also awakenings were not out when I played there. The gems/jewels are not an issue tbh.. I could fight any rogue with Para/Eye and I had only grand fire gems.. Hope you understand my POV.

Azerothraven
02-14-2018, 06:31 PM
What about making it so you can’t awaken any items below level 16 so people can still Do twinking below those level and but still allow end game pvp with awaken. That way rich and poor can chose which they want

Personally I prefer end game pvp than twink since it allows your main to do pvp aps. I also think leaderboard for pvp should be back ( with updates so no more cheaters ).

PsychoNuke
02-14-2018, 07:41 PM

Absolutely yes, 1000 times yes :)

My opinion for you consideration:

General PvP imbalance is chained to Class imbalanced. I am fine if tanks have 10k health and heavy armor, but then it should be limited to tanks and in return they should have low dmg. Same way mage and rogue should have their own strengths and weakness. When it comes to balanced PVP the approach should be more Skill based instead of Gear based. Health/Armor and Skills should be balanced in a way that any class can go against any class.

I totally understand that from your point of view implementing this on 2 possible scenario: 1v1 and group play, can be a challenge but I know your logical brain is better than mine :).

..And Yes PVP should not turn into a boss fight, where a whole team is trying to put down 2 Warriors with exceptionally OP gear, who btw wipes the whole group and laughs in the end because hey! they got the blings :p

I think all buffs should spawn in map. The location can be specific but it should be a random buff every time, or people will start camping.

Make PVP specific Gems/Jewels available at a Token vendor. This can replace awakenings.

I stopped PVP because of Ganging. There are guild(s) that enter pvp in group just to farm kills or in some cases to feed their ego. I just leave the map when they enter, happened so much that I quit playing.
Solution: A smart pvp system that auto-balance the teams based on classes. Make system decide who joins which side of the team, and how many same class players can one side have.

Slim.
02-15-2018, 04:33 AM

Yeah why not

Slim.
02-15-2018, 04:46 AM
And yes endgame seems like to getting more active

Xxsoifongxx
02-15-2018, 01:32 PM

No rogues were made for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gouiwaa9000
02-15-2018, 02:32 PM
No rogues were made for this

Sure , as long as a well timed shield/tank heal will spell your death. Its ok to deal massive damage while playing as a assassin , but at the expense of defense - introduction of ss , nekro , glowstick , sets that make its possible to hit over 5k armor made rogs into glass cannons but without the glass .

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Let's keep this conversation going!

If abilities were to be rebalanced in PvP, what are the current issues with abilities?

It would be most helpful if for any ability you could give me the following:
1) Ability Name
2) Role: What is the purpose of the ability
3) Problems: What are the current issues with the ability (feel free to be as in depth here as needed)
4) Suggested Changes: Optional. You do not have to have a suggestion in order to list out a problem, but feel free to list any ideas you do have. Ultimately this will be our job to fix it XP

Examples
1) Ability: Axe Throw
2) Role: Warrior Single Target Damage + Bring a single enemy into a bad position
3) Problems: Axe Throw can't be a good single target damage skill because the pull is too important for PvP (high damage + pull is OP). The Pull has issues with latency (pulling behind rocks) and it feels bad that the Warrior stops to pull people in.

1) Ability: Aimed Shot
2) Role: High Damage Single Target attack
3) Problems: It does too much damage. This is exaggerated by the fact that Rogues are so squishy so they feel like they *need* this high amount of damage.

1) Ability: Curse
2) Role: Enemy Debuff, make them attack at their own risk
3) Problems: No one uses Curse. The player version of Curse is too weak and the calculations are silly (dealing 5000 damage returns as much as dealing 50 damage)

Note: If you use any player related stats (damage, hp, armor) let's start at Level 66 only. This will just get everyone talking on the same page and about the same problems. I want endgame PvP to be the best PvP in the game first. Then we can talk twinking.

Skills reference in case you forgot
Warrior:
Axe Throw
Chest Splitter
Horn of Renew
Juggernaut
Rallying Cry
Skyward Smash
Vengeful Blood
Windmill

Rogue:
Aimed Shot
Combat Medic
Entangling Trap
Noxious Bolt
Razor Shield
Shadow Piercer
Shadow Veil
Shadowstorm

Sorcerer:
Arcane Shield
Curse
Fireball
Frost Bolt
Gale Force
Lifegiver
Lightning Strike
Time Shift

Xxsoifongxx
02-16-2018, 05:08 PM

If abilities were to be rebalanced in PvP, what are the current issues with abilities?

1) Ability Name
3) Problems: What are the current issues with the ability (feel free to be as in depth here as needed)
4) Suggested Changes: Optional. You do not have to have a suggestion in order to list out a problem, but feel free to list any ideas you do have. Ultimately this will be our job to fix it XP

Examples
2) Role: Warrior Single Target Damage + Bring a single enemy into a bad position
3) Problems: Axe Throw can't be a good single target damage skill because the pull is too important for PvP (high damage + pull is OP). The Pull has issues with latency (pulling behind rocks) and it feels bad that the Warrior stops to pull people in.

3) Problems: It does too much damage. This is exaggerated by the fact that Rogues are so squishy so they feel like they *need* this high amount of damage.

3) Problems: No one uses Curse. The player version of Curse is too weak and the calculations are silly (dealing 5000 damage returns as much as dealing 50 damage)

Note: If you use any player related stats (damage, hp, armor) let's start at Level 66 only. This will just get everyone talking on the same page and about the same problems. I want endgame PvP to be the best PvP in the game first. Then we can talk twinking.

Warrior:
Axe Throw
Chest Splitter
Horn of Renew
Juggernaut
Rallying Cry
Skyward Smash
Vengeful Blood
Windmill

Rogue:
Aimed Shot
Combat Medic
Entangling Trap
Noxious Bolt
Razor Shield
Shadow Piercer
Shadow Veil
Shadowstorm

Sorcerer:
Arcane Shield
Curse
Fireball
Frost Bolt
Gale Force
Lifegiver
Lightning Strike
Time Shift

There isn’t any problems every should know their roles as each character rogues kill , mages support, tank cover .. the only problem is everyone wants to kill so they say it’s unbalanced.... the reason pvp was empty was because the gears were too expensive and leveling up was too hard now that’s fixed u can find full matches all day. All the good players I play with I never hear them complaining that it’s unbalanced.

So please no de buffing of characters please ty

eclipserog
02-16-2018, 05:23 PM

1) Ability Name

Examples

Warrior:
Axe Throw
Chest Splitter
Horn of Renew
Juggernaut
Rallying Cry
Skyward Smash
Vengeful Blood
Windmill

Rogue:
Aimed Shot
Combat Medic
Entangling Trap
Noxious Bolt
Razor Shield
Shadow Piercer
Shadow Veil
Shadowstorm

Sorcerer:
Arcane Shield
Curse
Fireball
Frost Bolt
Gale Force
Lifegiver
Lightning Strike
Time Shift

Ability: Arcane Shield
Role: Protects sorcerer from damage
Problem: In my opinion the formula of how the absorbed damage is calculated is outdated and if there’s any changes the least I think should be done is incorporate the DEX attribute into this formula.
You may ask why? This would allow mages to take a more offensive role in PVP as DEX provides damage and critical. To compensate the mage’s health would be lower than the traditional INT/STR builds we see today.

Ability: Aimed Shot
Role: Hard hitting single target skill
Problems: The problem is that it does hit too hard. I think that reducing the crit buff to 5% per stack (max stacks 3) would be great as since we’re seeing crit values soar it wouldn’t be too much of a dramatic nerf. The other thing is to reduce the armor reduction, I believe it stands at a 10% debuff? I think this as well should be reduced reasonably but of course different values should be tested beforehand.

Ability: Lightning Strike
Role: Single target skill
Problem: I think the only thing this skill lacks is the ability to reduce armor as the other 2 classes do have a reliable source of armor reduction.

Ability: Razor Shield
Role: Defensive skill, reduces damage and provides buff/immunity
Problem: The main problem with this skill is that it doesn’t do enough anymore, the 10% damage reduction from the mastery is nice but since pets such as Nekro and Glowstik overshadow this it’s not very useful. I don’t think that raising the value of the damage reduction drastically would benefit neither of the other two classes but I think that adding life steal to razor shield could help increase the survivability of rogues.

Ability: Lifegiver
Role: Aoe heal
Problems: The mana regen isn’t very good.

Ability: Curse
Role: Debuffs team, reflects damage
Problems: Alongside the fact that it doesn’t reflect much damage (apart from DOTs) I think that adding the ability to debuff crit (I know the mastery does this but it’s only 10%) by a significant amount (10-20% + mastery) would be great as it definitely would stop hard hitting crits from rogues and possibly mages too.

Ability: Combat Medic
Role: Self heal
Problem: The rogue heal could possibly be reworked as this definitely is the weakest heal, I know we don’t want every heal to do the same but in my opinion in a clash environment this doesn’t offer the rogue much use.

Ability: Frost Bolt
Role: Single target skill and aoe dot
Problems: The pure damage of the skill is great but a majority of the upgrades don’t work in pvp, the only useful one is the DOT.

Ability: Gale Force
Role: Aoe skill
Problems: This skill definitely has one of the most useful masteries but I think that if mages are having to use up a slot for this skill to survive that the cool down should be reduced, 5.5 seconds is pretty long as it doesn’t provide the ability to pressure the opposing team.

Ability: Noxious Bolt
Role: Single target hit with aoe DOT
Problems: This definitely used to be a good skill for rogues but has been since replaced with razor shield which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The problem for me is that it doesn’t offer much damage anymore and rogues can be a glass cannon without it. Plus DOTs are easily removed.

Ability: Shadow Storm Shot, Entangling Traps, Shadow Veil
Role: Various
Problem: These skills are obsolete in PvP and don’t offer much, they never did. I think it’d be nice to see them be usable. Some people may argue that not every skill is for PvP but as a Mage in the past (61 cap) I was using a 7 skill build in pvp and one of the top competitors in that era.

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this reply, I can’t add anything about warriors since I have very little experience with the class in general.

eclipserog
02-16-2018, 05:31 PM
There isn’t any problems every should know their roles as each character rogues kill , mages support, tank cover .. the only problem is everyone wants to kill so they say it’s unbalanced.... the reason pvp was empty was because the gears were too expensive and leveling up was too hard now that’s fixed u can find full matches all day. All the good players I play with I never hear them complaining that it’s unbalanced.

So please no de buffing of characters please ty

Examples of previous imbalances:

Level 41 Cap, addition of Dragon Hunter sword made tanks offensive and rogues completely useless.

Level 46 Cap, Glinstone set for warriors plus Dragon Hunter sword. High damage and crit values for mages made it difficult for rogues to compete.

Level 56 Cap, the overall survivability of mages and the glintstone set for tanks made rogues useless in a clash environment.

Level 61 Cap, it by far wasn’t the worse era for mages but rogues clearly were the top dogs and mages pulled the short straws, the only way a mage could go toe to toe with a rogue was with the top gear (we’re talking noble/exquisites, arcane armor, top awakens) and this was to fight rogues with lesser gears.

As for the current cap I can’t really comment but it seems like tanks are very hard to kill and rogues probably still hit hard enough.

Xxsoifongxx
02-16-2018, 08:02 PM
Examples of previous imbalances:

Level 41 Cap, addition of Dragon Hunter sword made tanks offensive and rogues completely useless.

Level 46 Cap, Glinstone set for warriors plus Dragon Hunter sword. High damage and crit values for mages made it difficult for rogues to compete.

Level 56 Cap, the overall survivability of mages and the glintstone set for tanks made rogues useless in a clash environment.

Level 61 Cap, it by far wasn’t the worse era for mages but rogues clearly were the top dogs and mages pulled the short straws, the only way a mage could go toe to toe with a rogue was with the top gear (we’re talking noble/exquisites, arcane armor, top awakens) and this was to fight rogues with lesser gears.

As for the current cap I can’t really comment but it seems like tanks are very hard to kill and rogues probably still hit hard enough.

Well it would be better if they made a different map where all these changes take place and leave the old map for those who enjoy it the way it is

|Ares|
02-17-2018, 06:45 AM

1) Ability Name

Examples

Warrior:
Axe Throw
Chest Splitter
Horn of Renew
Juggernaut
Rallying Cry
Skyward Smash
Vengeful Blood
Windmill

Rogue:
Aimed Shot
Combat Medic
Entangling Trap
Noxious Bolt
Razor Shield
Shadow Piercer
Shadow Veil
Shadowstorm

Sorcerer:
Arcane Shield
Curse
Fireball
Frost Bolt
Gale Force
Lifegiver
Lightning Strike
Time Shift

Ability: Axe Throw
Role: Pulls people all the time
Problem: Range, as a tank skill should it really have bigger range than aimed shot? Sometimes tank can pull a rogue from other side of the map using the speed set delay. I would suggest to put axe and aim in same range.

Ability: Aimed Shot
Role: Single big damage on 1 target
Problem/Suggestion: I think that a nerf to aimed shots damage should come up with a good bow to use maybe? If it would come to damage nerfing of course (aim damage range).

Gouiwaa9000
02-17-2018, 08:26 AM
Ability : Curse

Role : Reward mages for taking damage / possible deffence against a rog that decides to delete you while shield is down .

Problem : The damage returned does not scale , its not even worth a skill slot . It should be rebalanced to deal a % of the damage you take ( after it goes trough all armor / damage redcution ) Instead of beeing a fixed value . Of course the duration and cooldown will need to be toned down . This way curse will be most powerfull when we are the most vulnerable - while shield is down . Hopefully it will give mages something to do besides die after shield breaks , let us play off the fact that we are insta killed without shield and trick someone into killing themselves .

Bonus idea : replace useless enemy damage reduction and duration upgrades , to something like : If you take more than 90% of your remaining health as damage in under 2s while curse is active , recive 1s invicibility and a 10% heal ( only triggers once per ability activation )

2) If you take more than 70% of your total hp as damage in under 1s while curse is active , return 30% of that damage to every enemy in a 10m radius around you while healing every teammate in a 5m radius with 20% of the damage .

intizamfamily888
02-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Am i the only one who finds the challenge of not getting sniped(current state) challenging, good and entertaining. Tanks heal, pull and taunt and mages support with their shield immunity, heals and curse. I agree that something has to be done to revive twink pvp but i myself quit twink pvp cuz of inactivity and i wanted to try out fast pace pvp. We do need more balance between good and bad awakes, but the current state is pretty good IMO.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

devilMors
02-17-2018, 10:35 AM
1) Affordable gear.
2) Monthly pvp ranking system. No banners needed, just announce the top list of each class officially at the end of the month and maybe grant to those top 5 players of each class special effect for the next month. And then, refresh the lb.
3) Rogues should be able to survive after they got one combo by another rogue.

After that, most probably endgame pvp can be revived again.

( DAMAGE )
02-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Just make AL like moba games (Free to play/Free to win) If u ever wanna expand the community.
Make pvp sets, let everyone equal, this way only skills will matter.
Right now every rich player is dominating because they simply have double the stats of everyone else in the game.
So if you make pvp sets, like specific gear for pvp where everyone is equal, it would really bring great skill and challenge to the game.
ps. I know this wont happen but if al would ever wanna be successful, something like this should happen.

Paw
02-17-2018, 06:58 PM

As someone who did PVP for a couple of years at low level i feel the reason why i twinked for so long can not be fixed in any way from STS's side.

Im from the UK and find my ping is relatively bad compared to those from the US. This minor delay can lead to a very painful PvP experience at endgame where its always a 1 hit if exposed. I can buy the best of the best still i find my ping makes too much of a difference.

At lower levels this isnt the case as some duels can go on for minuites. Even in clashes the slight delay does make a difference but isnt a total gamechanger as it is at endgame. Therefore a lot of people with ping or lag issues chose lower levels as they can still enjoy the fun of PvP without constantly being 1 hit

On the other hand ive always felt the armor pets & awakenings should have always been % based because +15% armor on each item at lvl 10 isnt a total game changer where as +450 armor flat stat on each item is just too much to add

zauilet
02-18-2018, 07:26 AM

RISE!
#rising