PDA

View Full Version : Golden letter elixir

Crystalwiz
02-12-2018, 06:15 PM
I'm having an impossible time finding golden "E's". The formula that is being used for the drops are all lopsided. At present I have 29 golden "L", 13 golden "O", 5 golden "V" and zero golden "E". I will open my golden letter chests and get like 5 or 6 L's and no E's. What's up, anyone else frustrated about this? I have a bunch of parchment and these letters and can't make a love letter. And you can't buy them. The regular letters are more balanced.

Ciaatciatt
02-12-2018, 09:13 PM
I opened 10 of them n got 2-1-3-4 for golden.. probs just luck.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Rehired
02-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Finding “V’s” are the bane of my existence

Papsfuz
02-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Same golden "E" is rare on me. But it doesn't mean that you most need to complain on that. I think they put it like that to balance the game. Every player have there bane golden letters. That's all i know :)

Sent from my heart

Thewolfbull
02-12-2018, 10:56 PM
I would love it if golden letters were tradeable :) then we could trade for the ones we need.

Kairihearts
02-12-2018, 11:01 PM
I would love it if golden letters were tradeable :) then we could trade for the ones we need.

Amen to this! Im always stuck with golden 0 Zzz make it happen STS!

Oakmaiden
02-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Super duper agree Gold letters should be tradable.

Crystalwiz
02-13-2018, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure if this has to be a luck thing as its consistent in giving lots of one letter and another letter to be very rare. I discovered a few things. Don't get a bunch of golden letter crates and open them all at once as this makes the odds maybe 1 or even 0 in 15 chests to get the letter you want. Maybe open 5 or 6 and you may get what you need. Another tip is to get a party to farm golden letters or go in alone is even better sometimes, I can get 7 or more chests. Kill all the mobs, forget Merklin and be sure to kill boss or it won't reset. Good luck. It would be so much better if we could sell our golden letters like the regular candy letters.....sts....listening. TY

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-13-2018, 12:46 PM
There was initially a difference in rarity of the letters, with E being more rare than the others. With the mechanics of this year's Lovecraft we removed that, so all Golden Letters have an equal chance to appear.

This change was released on Friday so you should be seeing an equal distribution now!

Crystalwiz
02-14-2018, 07:09 PM
I'm still getting lots of the same golden letters, L's and O's and very few V's and E's. My count now is 26, 16, 1, 0. I use luck when I run but still get mostly the letters I don't need. Doesn't seem very evenly distributed even tho you said you fixed this, still needs work, please. Having a lot of fun with the event, do appreciate it. But this would help a lot of people trying to craft their love letters.

Azerothraven
02-14-2018, 08:30 PM
I'm still getting lots of the same golden letters, L's and O's and very few V's and E's. My count now is 26, 16, 1, 0. I use luck when I run but still get mostly the letters I don't need. Doesn't seem very evenly distributed even tho you said you fixed this, still needs work, please. Having a lot of fun with the event, do appreciate it. But this would help a lot of people trying to craft their love letters.

Same. I thinnk to reblance they have to favour v and e a bit more cuz i have 26 l and 20 o but only 0 v and 3 e. even if there are evenly distributed i can never be balanced again

PsychoNuke
02-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Its not balanced yet, please re-confirm vroom. I am fine if you balance it now on. Ok to overlook that I have 11 "O" and no "E" ;)

wowdah
02-15-2018, 03:41 AM
Not balanced, check please.

Slim.
02-15-2018, 04:31 AM
Need 10 posts

Crystalwiz
02-16-2018, 04:14 PM
My latest golden letters: 33 golden L's, 12 Golden O's, 5 Golden V's and ZERO Golden E's. I just opened 8 chests and 4 were L's. I will get 1 E in maybe 25 chests. You said you fixed this but it is so out of balance. I've talked to other players that have the same problem, maybe not with E's although most have the fewest of these. Others had no L's or no O's or no V's. Talk around is that the formula sts used for golden letter drops makes sure 1 letter is very rare (almost impossible to get) and 1 letter super common (50% of all chests opened). Seems like you need to change your formula or let people sell or trade their golden letters. It's not too late to make this right. I had been spending all my tokens getting parchment to make love letters but now feel it's hopeless to craft.

Lojack
02-16-2018, 05:47 PM
I double checked... all of the letters have the same chance to drop as Vroom said.

That doesn't mean you'll have equal amounts of each letter, though.

wowdah
02-16-2018, 05:53 PM
So you're saying there is exactly a 25% chance of getting each letter? Or are they slightly skewed?

Paw
02-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Opened 20 earlier. Got 5 of each. Seems ok to me. You might say im lucky but then again you might just be unlucky and thats exactly how random rng is supposed to be

thekragle
02-16-2018, 07:10 PM
I am having really really bad luck getting "L"s. I would love to see a npc that would let you swap one letter for another for like 10,000 gold. That would be fair.

Crystalwiz
02-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Thank you for checking on this again for us all. I opened 45 chests yesterday and was amazed to get 10 Golden E's. (Have 42 Gold L's). This gives me hope to keep trying. A friend gave me a tip to use lucky when farming for golden letters, this seemed to help get more. Trading golden letters would really help those that are over stocked on 1 letter and those needing specific letters.

PsychoNuke
02-17-2018, 09:12 AM
I don't know the RNG for me to get golden candy chest is really off. Getting only 1 or 2 per elix, tried both solo and party with 50 to 70% luck. But I know its just me because rest of the guys in pt get it :) ahh hard luck..

@Devs: I see what you mean by equal chance but not same number. Makes sense. Ty.

Motherless_Child
02-17-2018, 09:28 AM
Opened 3 golden chests so far (first one by accident so, I kept going)...... Got a golden "L", "O", "E"...........