PDA

View Full Version : Dual class system

nazgulking
11-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Hello there folks!

We all know that the spells we have in PL are shortening and we have to find a solution instead of just increasing the maximum level of the spells.
My idea is vey basic, after learning all the basic spells we have in our book there are three NPC across Alterra that invite us to choose a second class between the existing ones: Warrior, enchantress and archer.

This means that by choosing either of these you will be unlocked with further spells specific to the choice you made. This does not means you have to access the same spells of other classes. There can be new specialization skills that resemble the choice you made (therefore not making a particualr choice OP).

Suggestion delivered.

Nourish
11-05-2011, 08:56 AM
LOVE this idea, like guild wars

zorathorg
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
i agree this is smart, although it probably wont happen, because it is overpowering, for example, with this you could do a double combo with a single character and a triple combo with only two characters, taking away the fun of needing multiple characters to do a triple combo, and be rewarded with an awesome animation. i recommend a similar idea, but instead after reaching s certain level, the game allows the player to choose 2 or 3 of any other characters spells, and add them to a separtate book, which would cost lke 3-4 platinum, and after so many levels you could add another 2-3 spells until you had all of them. and since you can only have 12 on the screen at once, this wouldnt give you the bad ones that you dont like, but the ones you do like instead

nazgulking
11-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Of course the implementation of this system should be well though of. It should not arise any OP combination. By absolutely no means I want a single char doing double or mega combos by himself.
In fact I have suggested to implement a series of new skills by choosing a different second class :) Even though I said it could be also a way adding actual skills, but in the end new skills we be the way IMHO.

PL Playa
11-08-2011, 04:45 PM
But I do see the point here because STS plans to growth game to a cap of 100 so if the skills will only go to 6 max, we will have all 6's at level 96 so something will be done befor then I hope

Kaytar
11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Great idea! My bird would heal and res!

WhoIsThis
11-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I oppose it.

The different classes need to have strengths and weaknesses - it will be OP, despite your attempts to prevent it.