PDA

View Full Version : Notifications

Deathsminion
11-05-2011, 08:19 AM
No idea how you would do it.. But thats u job to find a way :D
It would be really awsome to have a notification for ios that told us if your auction items have sold. I would finaly see my notification centre being used XD

OH yh i forgot android has one too so u could do it for both.

Skeletonlord
11-05-2011, 08:21 AM
This has been suggested before, but I can post again. This is a great idea for merchants to see if there items have been sold

vaffunculo
11-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Is it hard to just check the cs? I know I could do with way less notifications on my screen while I'm playing. Such as the five your elixr has run out messages you get when your combo elixr expires for example...little ridiculous imo, one would suffice.

Deathsminion
11-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Is it hard to just check the cs? I know I could do with way less notifications on my screen while I'm playing. Such as the five your elixr has run out messages you get when your combo elixr expires for example...little ridiculous imo, one would suffice.
I mean a notification to your device not in game
Like ur on a different app and you get a quick pop up at the top of your screen saying your item has sold. Would be nice that you dont have to go into the game to check if you sold it yet.

vaffunculo
11-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I mean a notification to your device not in game
Like ur on a different app and you get a quick pop up at the top of your screen saying your item has sold. Would be nice that you dont have to go into the game to check if you sold it yet.

That's not a bad idea, but I was rethinking this. Side from that maybe it could be in app too but instead of flashing all these notifications on your screen while playing, just have them little pop ups in top right corner...and I mean this for every notification, such as group invites, friend requests etc..it gets very distracting having a group invite take up your screen every two minutes.

Deathsminion
11-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Thats also another good idea but still its maybe a bit irevlevnt to my idea XD make a new post for it :D it might get more attention

Gluttony
11-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't really see the need for this, the notification while in game isn't that big of a deal since I could just disable it like all the other notifications, but to want push notifications while in another app or while your phone is in your pocket... really? What I don't get is you have to actually travel to auction and collect your creds, so what does the notification accomplish? The only use I can even fathom is that if you happen to only have one character and one auction slot, then sure you need to keep an eye on your only opportunity to make more currency. If you have multiple toons/auction slots then this idea is a bust.

The only problem I've ever had with auction in these games is that the slots are spread out between toons like they're on separate accounts and that is horrible imo. I get that STS doesn't want players making premium characters just for the auction slots, but money is money. If your wallet is too fat to fit in your pocket, then the idea that generated that cash flow was effective. I try to get around this by only having one toon place items in auction otherwise I'll forget about them for days or even weeks... maybe a notification isn't such a bad idea. This is nothing more that the need for instant gratification. Just check auction after the time limit has expired, which is 3 days max. If you want a push notification, set an alarm to go off when the timer runs out on your sale.

Deathsminion
11-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Lol fair argument but u cant deny that some people will find it a usefull feature. I am not saying that its a must have thing, but it would be a nice addition. Some times if you have an item that is particularly valuable and u dont feel like playing the game you find yourself launching the game just to check your auction... Well i do anyway XD