PDA

View Full Version : My PL addiction is going away :'(

XchilangopwnX
11-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Hello everyone that knows me and those that don't. My name is "Chil" and recently my addiction has gone from playing every little second of my freetime to "should I play? Nah." The reason being that my twinks have full gear my main has decent gear and I am at level cap. (not going for level 61) I see no motive to play since I am down to 28k gold and when I farm or pvp the lag monster attacks me like crazy. So I get frustrated and log out. Now I don't even want to log in. (all I can really look forward is to the lag monster's attacks)
The point of this thread? Meh I just felt like sharing :p please dont flame or troll all I ask is for...well I really don't ask for anything lol. Wish you all freedom from the lag monster :D

xxzombikilrxx
11-05-2011, 11:15 AM
I feel u bro well not of the lag monster lol I lost my obsession a while ago now I play sl if u wanna play with me add xxzombikilrxx I'll help ya out

Gluttony
11-05-2011, 11:25 AM
So wait you say your twinks have full gear, but yet you complain about having low gold. You say your main is at level cap, but you aren't going for 60 (61?). Not hatin' or flaming but it seems you have quite a few things to accomplish from farming for gold, leveling your main or at least get him some better than "decent" gear. If lag is what has got you down, just do pve where ratios don't matter and there is always a mage to pick you up when you are down.

I'd suggest taking a break like so many others do, but I don't see that the lag moster is going anywhere... he will wait for you.

Roc
11-05-2011, 11:26 AM
There is a point in many PLer's PL lives when they want to take a break. There's nothing wrong with it ;) Take a break and come back so that the game feels fresh again when you return :) Perhaps the kinks that annoy you will be fixed by then and there will be more interesting content to hold your attention :victorious:

XchilangopwnX
11-05-2011, 12:15 PM
So wait you say your twinks have full gear, but yet you complain about having low gold. You say your main is at level cap, but you aren't going for 60 (61?). Not hatin' or flaming but it seems you have quite a few things to accomplish from farming for gold, leveling your main or at least get him some better than "decent" gear. If lag is what has got you down, just do pve where ratios don't matter and there is always a mage to pick you up when you are down.

I'd suggest taking a break like so many others do, but I don't see that the lag moster is going anywhere... he will wait for you.
Hehe your post outlines what I have tried to accomplish. (and I meant 61 I edited my first post already soz) I have low gold but I won't rely on my twinks' gear for money. I see them as separate people accnts. I am not complaining about my stash amount I was merely saying that the low amount didn't motivate me lol (idk if you may understand how)
I try to farm and I even go to sandstone but even there I die because of "lagster" the lag monster. Imagine how I do when I go into nuri's to grind xp :/ which is why 61 is now out of my list of goals. Getting rich by selling pinks is what I attempt to do but "lagster" makes my runs in ssc eternal. I have a lot to work for bit imagine working on a garden while have 100 pounds of extra weight on your back? (an analogy) :) yeah its how I feel when I try to do pve. And pvp...lets say...if I win...its out of luck from me being in 5k lag spikes....yeah lol

I feel u bro well not of the lag monster lol I lost my obsession a while ago now I play sl if u wanna play with me add xxzombikilrxx I'll help ya out

I have a level 26 there ign chilangopwn but I also don't have the sl craze lever since closed Beta ended I mainly look forward to Dark Legends :) but thanks ill add u and whenever I do log into sl you could help me out thanks :D

There is a point in many PLer's PL lives when they want to take a break. There's nothing wrong with it ;) Take a break and come back so that the game feels fresh again when you return :) Perhaps the kinks that annoy you will be fixed by then and there will be more interesting content to hold your attention :victorious:

I may just take your advice I haven't even logged in today for more than 30 mins...and its a free saturday...i discovered Emross War a diff mmo but its like those castle mmos. May stick to that till pl cap rises like to 70. Then ill hardcore grind like my good ole level 30-50 craze back in June-July ah good times....

Jugernugett
11-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Chil!!!!! Sup dude!!

euphorixx
11-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Its like a relationship man. Lets hope MT fang rekindled that old spark. And if not. Maybe take a small break. Maybe thingsll work out.

Reguards,

I LOVE THIS GAME!!

Android LG Optimus using Tapatalk

Gluttony
11-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Its like a relationship man. Lets hope MT fang rekindled that old spark. And if not. Maybe take a small break. Maybe thingsll work out.

Wow, I'm not coming to you for relationship advice. No offense but Dr. Phil you are not... thought the analogy works here.

Sassinya
11-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I play both PL and SL that's how I prevent burn out.

mejslll
11-05-2011, 01:48 PM
IN LIFE -

when you burn sooo hot for some thing that u set a goal to attain no matter what (a lvl or some gear or a dollar amount) you forgot to set a new longer distant goal, u will attain you goal then stop cuz you have nothing to play for... so, find a new challange - get a million in gold or dare you to get to lvl 60 ...

that is not just for pl or sl - it is for life bro set long term goals

okakabarah
11-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey chill :)

I know right about lag monster, but devs keep working on it everyday.
The day you can play smooth again I'll be waiting you to farm sand again, or whatever.
I'll miss u ;)

XchilangopwnX
11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Well my love for Pl is not dying
I LOVE PL
but no matter what comes out unless my gameplay is smooth like my nooby days I doubt ill be back
And oka sandstone is sad for me lol I did 5 runs (which I solo'd and cause of lagster I took 10 mins in each run) and no pinks. Imagine 10 mins for each ssc magic rocks and underground desert took me 10 mins each run :/ yeah when lagster wasnt around much a nuri's run would take 2.5 mins with a good party... Yeah just think about doing 10 min runs of ssc...
I love pl but I hate mr lagster. Thanks guys for all the tips and advice my fav was the relationship one lol I hope my gf (pl) becomes hot again with mt fang lol (im jp lol) pl is already hot lol just has some unwanted bumps lol

WhoIsThis
11-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Game addictions come and go. Take a break if you feel tired; your interest may return with time.

zeusabe
11-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Try playing other games to take your mind away from PL a bit. I would always have filler games to play, better if different genre since if you start playing another MMORPG game, there's a chance that you'll just find yourself on the same spot since MMORPG's have basically same core gameplay, level up, grind, quest, armors, upgrades, and pvp mostly so you want to not get sick of these things by mixing things up once in a while. I would suggest FPS games since it will give you that breath of fresh air, fast moving action, and adrenaline (for horror FPS) which is a change in "feel" compared to a "slow" progressing game. I make it a point to "miss" playing any MMORPG's at certain days, like abstinence and play another game. Before you play a game, it's a fact that someday you will get tired of it, like any other foreseeable event, you can do something about it before it happens, and playing 6-8 hours a day only accelerates this, that's my tip. I've seen people play like maniacs and just outclassed me in terms of level and everything, but in the long run, I catched up while most of them quit, pace yourself, you probably played too much already. I've played too long to know that MMORPG's are mostly not about who started it first, it's about who sticks around the longest. I've been an MMORPG'er for more than 10 years now (since the dawn of Ultima Online), and this has worked wonders for me, of course, temporary hiatus had to happen (by choice) because of conflicting issues with school (then), and work (now). Good luck.

PS: If the issue is your bad connection, the reasons are quite straightforward, you can find a thread about "lag" here too. The question is, are you still motivated enough to do something about them. It's not like lags are mysterious events.

XchilangopwnX
11-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Try playing other games to take your mind away from PL a bit. I would always have filler games to play, better if different genre since if you start playing another MMORPG game, there's a chance that you'll just find yourself on the same spot since MMORPG's have basically same core gameplay, level up, grind, quest, armors, upgrades, and pvp mostly so you want to not get sick of these things by mixing things up once in a while. I would suggest FPS games since it will give you that breath of fresh air, fast moving action, and adrenaline (for horror FPS) which is a change in "feel" compared to a "slow" progressing game. I make it a point to "miss" playing any MMORPG's at certain days, like abstinence and play another game. Before you play a game, it's a fact that someday you will get tired of it, like any other foreseeable event, you can do something about it before it happens, and playing 6-8 hours a day only accelerates this, that's my tip. I've seen people play like maniacs and just outclassed me in terms of level and everything, but in the long run, I catched up while most of them quit, pace yourself, you probably played too much already. I've played too long to know that MMORPG's are mostly not about who started it first, it's about who sticks around the longest. I've been an MMORPG'er for more than 10 years now (since the dawn of Ultima Online), and this has worked wonders for me, of course, temporary hiatus had to happen (by choice) because of conflicting issues with school (then), and work (now). Good luck.

PS: If the issue is your bad connection, the reasons are quite straightforward, you can find a thread about "lag" here too. The question is, are you still motivated enough to do something about them. It's not like lags are mysterious events.

Just wow very nice experiences you have had and the tips you have given me thank you. About the lag. I have been told by devs it is not the game but probably my device. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I still lag when I respawn both in pvp and pve. I have cleared cache and let the game repatch. It helped a bit but then I returned to the same problem. I have moved the game from the sd card to the internal memory. I have updated my phone's roaming service thing. (supposed to help with signal) I have average 3G with 3/5 bars. I dont have a clue of what else I could do.

zappaxe
11-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Take a break! And you can always choose to come back! That's the awesome thing about mmo's :banana:

Ixillicus
11-07-2011, 07:21 AM
I was glad when my addiction finally toned itself down some. I still play a lot, but I don't crave to play or think about it, when I'm not playing anymore. If you ask the people in my life, it's probably a good thing lol

I am still a very active user, but I can appreciate where you're coming from. I might be back to full addiction when Fang drops though. It's okay to not play the game every minute.