PDA

View Full Version : PvE Design: Archer

Tojansen
07-08-2010, 04:09 AM
My last topic is about the Archer.

The archers designated role is to be the best single-target damage dealer in the game. Now I have not played an archer much, but there are some problems with the definition:

- Give archers a rotation to do for single-target. (See Enchantress Topic)
At the moment it's like "Focus, armor reduce shot, blast shot.. wait.. repeat. Make more spells effective against single-targets for the archer class.
-> Increase the fun on single-target damage rotations

- Also let them bring 1-2 buffs to the group, as an Enchantress is worth far more to the group right now: At thrash, you can aoe everything and it's mother, heal in the cd-time. In boss fights, avians may be supirior dmg-wise, but ench can revive and heal.
-> Make archers bring uniquie buffs to the group

More to come as I level up the bird!

ratava
07-08-2010, 05:25 AM
There's a few ideas ATM:

1 Stats driven skills , I thnk
2 0.5 sec gap between skill triggers
3 New gear changes to tweak balances per update (think that's right)

Gets technical & over my head but one thing with archer, enjoy kiting and sometimes movement pad responsiveness (fingers are too hot!) pins me to the spot by accident. If the devs' are happy with this then np but worth mentioning.

Don't feel the need to add buffs to archer for me but how combos work seems a good idea : )

Rotation of targets could make life easier for archers, but the HUD is already chocka-block full & tap target/self sorta fits playing on a touch device so np here overall IMO...