PDA

View Full Version : Dev Blog: Regarding Weapons that deal a % of an enemy's health

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-20-2018, 06:12 PM
Hey y'all!

Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!

What's Changing?
Weapons that deal a percentage of the enemy's health as damage will have an upper limit placed on the amount of damage they can do.

But Why?
Weapons that deal a % of the enemy's health as damage are really good. They're great weapons and because they deal a percent of the enemies health they'll do more damage the harder the enemy is. This makes them very attractive and we want to keep them in the game. Unfortunately without some form of limit on them, these weapons never stop being good. As bosses increase in health, these weapons, no matter how low their other stats are, are exceptionally useful. This is already the case with the Dragon Hunter Staff (especially because the percent health damage ignores armor).

In order to make sure the Dragon Hunter Staff doesn't become the greatest weapon well beyond its intended range, we're going to put a cap on how much damage it can deal.

What does this mean?
When evaluating how much damage the Dragon Hunter Staff proc will deal, there will be a maximum value that can be reached. If the % of damage the weapon is trying to deal surpasses that value, it will be used. For example: if a boss has 1 million health, your proc is trying to deal 10% of the enemy's health, and the cap is 50,000. Normally 10% of 1 million would be 100,000, but instead the weapon will deal the maximum value, 50,000.
The values calculated for the Dragon Hunter Staff are based on the amount of damage the weapon is intended to deal at its intended level. This means the Dragon Hunter Staff is balanced around Level 46 mobs.

How is this bad for the game?
One major aspect that can be missed is that when items like the Dragon Hunter Staff exist, they can mask greater problems with the game. For example, we wouldn't know if the Mausoleum bosses are too hard or have too much health. Why not? Because many of our players are just fighting these bosses with the Dragon Hunter Staff, resulting in the bosses dying much quicker than intended. Weapons, or any items in the game, that work way beyond their intended range often cause problems like this. We listen to the feedback of our players, we make adjustments for the overall health of the game and of our players. When things are skewing or breaking that balance, it hides more important problems because some players are able to skirt around it using this unbalanced weapons.

We want to make sure that your voices come through and together we continue to make Arlor the best place on a mobile platform, and to do that we need make sure there are no leaks in the boat! :)

Anything else?
I added in a quality of life change so you can actually see the damage from the Dragon Hunter Staff being applied (yay!)

Shadowfaux
02-20-2018, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=VROOMIGoRealFast;2798285]Hey y'all!

Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!

What's Changing?
Weapons that deal a percentage of the enemy's health as damage will have an upper limit placed on the amount of damage they can do.

But Why?
Weapons that deal a % of the enemy's health as damage are really good. They're great weapons and because they deal a percent of the enemies health they'll do more damage the harder the enemy is. This makes them very attractive and we want to keep them in the game. Unfortunately without some form of limit on them, these weapons never stop being good. As bosses increase in health, these weapons, no matter how low their other stats are, are exceptionally useful. This is already the case with the Dragon Hunter Staff (especially because the percent health damage ignores armor).

In order to make sure the Dragon Hunter Staff doesn't become the greatest weapon well beyond its intended range, we're going to put a cap on how much damage it can deal.

What does this mean?
When evaluating how much damage the Dragon Hunter Staff proc will deal, there will be a maximum value that can be reached. If the % of damage the weapon is trying to deal surpasses that value, it will be used. For example: if a boss has 1 million health, your proc is trying to deal 10% of the enemy's health, and the cap is 50,000. Normally 10% of 1 million would be 100,000, but instead the weapon will deal the maximum value, 50,000.
The values calculated for the Dragon Hunter Staff are based on the amount of damage the weapon is intended to deal at its intended level. This means the Dragon Hunter Staff is balanced around Level 41 mobs.

Anything else?
I added in a quality of life change so you can actually see the damage from the Dragon Hunter Staff being applied (yay!

Lethoiun
02-20-2018, 06:23 PM
So what do we use now, our dmg or tainted staff which is inconvenient?

Korabiv
02-20-2018, 06:24 PM
Hmm so does this mean that future bosses will have lower health? The last thing we as players want is to spend 10 minutes killing a boss due to high health. Currently, the drag staff makes it possible to kill high health bosses, specifically those in m5 and m6, and without them, it would be a nightmare.

I do agree that a weapon should not live as long a the drag staff has, and if no nerf was implemented, the drag staff would be used forever. But since this weapon will be less effective now, we need new tools to kill otherwise impossible bosses. Pls consider adding new weapons in the game that can aid us in killing bosses, because if bosses take forever to kill, the game will lose a lot of interest.

On a side note, did things in maus change? I haven't run much since the event started but I've heard that the gold drop is much lower. Also, the drop of balanced scales is significantly higher. Did something change? If so, what? Maybe its just a combo of good/bad luck but maus appears to have been altered, whether it was intentional or not.

Vrazicak
02-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Alright not as horrifying as people expected xD

Lethoiun
02-20-2018, 06:28 PM
What about boss dmg awakens why aren't these effective

capeo
02-20-2018, 06:29 PM
Mages will rage but it makes sense.

Can we get an update on the tainted weapons type 2 proc? Specifically on how it will work on bosses?

cannedheat
02-20-2018, 06:29 PM
U mean ds will be balanced to level 46 mobs?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Screenshotz
02-20-2018, 06:30 PM
R.I.P. Dragon Hunter Staff prices

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Hmm so does this mean that future bosses will have lower health?

The short answer is no, but the Mausoleum isn't a good example of future boss health. The Mausoleum was designed to be a never-ending endgame zone, where the monsters further into the dungeon are always a higher level than you are. What this turns into effectively is that you're only dealing about half the damage you're supposed to be doing in the Mausoleum, which is then reduced by armor etc.

With the next expansion, we will not be doing the same Mausoleum trend (Mausoleum will remain the hardest content due to the level scaling), and the monsters you fight will be at your level, so you'll get your full damage. If the boss fights are taking too long due to players being too weak or bosses being too strong then we will adjust those values to make sure you have an enjoyable boss fight :)

Shadowfaux
02-20-2018, 06:35 PM
Hey y'all!

What's Changing?

But Why?

What does this mean?
The values calculated for the Dragon Hunter Staff are based on the amount of damage the weapon is intended to deal at its intended level. This means the Dragon Hunter Staff is balanced around Level 41 mobs.

Anything else?
I added in a quality of life change so you can actually see the damage from the Dragon Hunter Staff being applied (yay!)I find it frustrating that a lower-level weapon is the accepted way to run in Mausoleum for a mage. Then when people who aren't pay-to-play finally can afford it, you Nerf the hell out of it.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-20-2018, 06:35 PM
What about boss dmg awakens why aren't these effective

Boss % damage from Awakening will not be affected because of their low values and the ability for these to appear on later weapons. The problem with things like the Dragon Hunter Staff is that in order for a future weapon to be better, it has to have a higher $ health damage. Dragon Hunter staff is already 12.5% when it procs, and we already see comments of "insta-kill bosses". This isn't very healthy for the game :(

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-20-2018, 06:38 PM
U mean ds will be balanced to level 46 mobs?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's right I was looking at the level of the weapon and not the content it was released with! I'll be sure to update the values before it goes out.

Vrazicak
02-20-2018, 06:39 PM
Boss % damage from Awakening will not be affected because of their low values and the ability for these to appear on later weapons. The problem with things like the Dragon Hunter Staff is that in order for a future weapon to be better, it has to have a higher $ health damage. Dragon Hunter staff is already 12.5% when it procs, and we already see comments of "insta-kill bosses". This isn't very healthy for the game :(

hold on, so how much % roughly will DS take away from m6 boss?

Korabiv
02-20-2018, 06:40 PM
The short answer is no, but the Mausoleum isn't a good example of future boss health. The Mausoleum was designed to be a never-ending endgame zone, where the monsters further into the dungeon are always a higher level than you are. What this turns into effectively is that you're only dealing about half the damage you're supposed to be doing in the Mausoleum, which is then reduced by armor etc.

With the next expansion, we will not be doing the same Mausoleum trend (Mausoleum will remain the hardest content due to the level scaling), and the monsters you fight will be at your level, so you'll get your full damage. If the boss fights are taking too long due to players being too weak or bosses being too strong then we will adjust those values to make sure you have an enjoyable boss fight :)

Even though I am a mage and own a drag staff, I like this. Its good to have a change, considering how long the ds has been good for. Hopefully, this will also boost the need for rogues in maps to help kill bosses. I gave up my rogue long ago to be a mage because rogues just weren't needed anymore in pve. Looking forward to the future, thx for the response.

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-20-2018, 06:41 PM
I find it frustrating that a lower-level weapon is the accepted way to run in Mausoleum for a mage. Then when people who aren't pay-to-play finally can afford it, you Nerf the hell out of it.

Hey now, if there is no weapon released in the 20 levels since the Dragon Hunter Staff that is useful inside the Mausoleum, that's an entirely different problem to solve, and we will solve it after fixing a weapon that is harming the game's economy! :)

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-20-2018, 06:43 PM
hold on, so how much % roughly will DS take away from m6 boss?

The DS will attempt to take away the same amount of HP it currently does, but will hit the damage threshold against M6 bosses.

As a rough value while testing, it looks like the proc will deal around 1/3 as much damage as it currently does.

Shadowfaux
02-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Hey now, if there is no weapon released in the 20 levels since the Dragon Hunter Staff that is useful inside the Mausoleum, that's an entirely different problem to solve, and we will solve it after fixing a weapon that is harming the game's economy! :)That's true, but I noticed how you gloss over the mess up in not releasing something in 20 levels that would do the job. Thus causing us to depend on it and then yanking it out from us. It would have been nice if you would yanked it from us before the prices skyrocketed. I hope you folks will be more attentive to that type of situation in the future

Paw
02-20-2018, 06:46 PM
So with Mausoleum getting harder as we level past 66 and weapons getting nerfed. Unless theres a better source of income map wise. Why would anyone want to level up and struggle with maus when we can all stay 66 and earn our gold easier?

Vrazicak
02-20-2018, 06:47 PM
Hey now, if there is no weapon released in the 20 levels since the Dragon Hunter Staff that is useful inside the Mausoleum, that's an entirely different problem to solve, and we will solve it after fixing a weapon that is harming the game's economy! :)

This is the great opportunity to make the ''POISON'' proc take 5-10% of overall boss health, or to work same as DS after nerf.

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-20-2018, 06:52 PM
So with Mausoleum getting harder as we level past 66 and weapons getting nerfed. Unless theres a better source of income map wise. Why would anyone want to level up and struggle with maus when we can all stay 66 and earn our gold easier?

Oh maybe I worded that poorly.

The difficulty of M6 will remain the same, even though players are leveling up and getting stronger. So it wouldn't be easier for you to stay at 66 and farm it, as the newer gear you'll receive will be stronger.

Example
As an example, if the Dragon Hunter Staff were to be re-released at level 71, the % health damage of the proc would be the same, but the capped damage would be higher, which would result it in being better in the Mausoleum than the current Dragon Hunter Staff.

Ydra
02-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Vroom, once again hats off to you.
Taking the time to explain a change really makes a difference. Happy to see your constant presence here in the forums.

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-20-2018, 06:57 PM
For those following the thread, I've updated the initial post with a new section:

One major aspect that can be missed is that when items like the Dragon Hunter Staff exist, they can mask greater problems with the game. For example, we wouldn't know if the Mausoleum bosses are too hard or have too much health. Why not? Because many of our players are just fighting these bosses with the Dragon Hunter Staff, resulting in the bosses dying much quicker than intended. Weapons, or any items in the game, that work way beyond their intended range often cause problems like this. We listen to the feedback of our players, we make adjustments for the overall health of the game and of our players. When things are skewing or breaking that balance, it hides more important problems because some players are able to skirt around it using this unbalanced weapons.

We want to make sure that your voices come through and together we continue to make Arlor the best place on a mobile platform, and to do that we need make sure there are no leaks in the boat! :)

Korabiv
02-20-2018, 07:00 PM
When will this change go live?

Paw
02-20-2018, 07:03 PM

The difficulty of M6 will remain the same, even though players are leveling up and getting stronger. So it wouldn't be easier for you to stay at 66 and farm it, as the newer gear you'll receive will be stronger.

Example
As an example, if the Dragon Hunter Staff were to be re-released at level 71, the % health damage of the proc would be the same, but the capped damage would be higher, which would result it in being better in the Mausoleum than the current Dragon Hunter Staff.

Thats presuming u release new weapons with % damage at higher levels right? The DS will always be capped at 46 and always have the same upper damage limit regardless if we are 66 or 71? The upper limit of the current DS wont increase as we level?

BaronB
02-20-2018, 07:12 PM

Hi Vroom,

Sorry but just want to try and understand better, but if say currently DHS is at 12%. would that mean from your first post that this value wont be changing, just a cap total cap being placed so as future bosses show up the staff will just become less potent or will take?

example

Boss lvl 66 = 66k HP
DS Proc = 12.5%
total damage currently would be -8250hp (in theory)

if for sake of argument those numbers are for a lvl 66 mage with a maus boss.

would the cap you implement mean then

DS lvl 46 weapon so scaled to lvl 46

Boss lvl 46 = 46khp
DS poc = 12.5%
total damage at this lvl = -5750hp

So setting a cap thats scaled to level would mean max damage proc would do is the -5750hp even at lvl 66 (when it would usually do 8k+)

Also is this only effecting the Dragon Hunter Staff or any other weapons as well ?

If possible to have a list of any weapon for all classes this would effect?

Because this could also effect things like the dragon hunter daggers, flame staff, ect ?

alxe
02-20-2018, 07:18 PM
i understand the whole thing for the staff being nerfed,but does it also mean raw DPS is the way to go now? i tried killing mini bosses in m6 with just stats, i got 5.8k as a mage and well..even with a full party it took quiet the time to kill.i would love if a boss like lich,would have his shiled adjusted to match us just using DPS since there isnt gonna be a strong %health weapon,i know pets like fenris exsists but he isnt so effective if corvis have his shiled on,especilly if your party isnt exalted and havent chosen a side.

BaronB
02-20-2018, 07:19 PM

Example

didnt see this post whilst i was typing >.<

Thank you

1 <3

coffee
02-20-2018, 07:26 PM
Heres my 2 cents... salt included... This is stupid basically making the drag staff completely useless why cant you just leave the proc alone?

Price for ds will drop massively as it will be pointless to use rip AL.

Paw
02-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Ok maybe im totaly missing the point but im going to say it anyway. Heres whats going through my head

Lets take the highest hp boss i can think of so far. Umbral mass. Whatever the ds is currently taking off that (12.5%) whatever the numbers are. Why not use that number as the current max upper limit the DS can do. This way everything we have got up till the 66 cap isnt affected at all and leaves the maps as they are and as they have been since release. Nothing is touched, no nerf as of now..

Keeping that upper limit from umbral mass as the max % damage these weapons can do, give HP to bosses accordingly from level 67 upwards and release new gears, weapons and procs to make these bosses killable. I dont see why there needs to be a nerf.

zabaletajd
02-20-2018, 07:29 PM
Ok, above all explanation the answer of this all is that DS will be nerfed, will still harm but won't do the same damage as before. Now, people is loving instantkill proc on bosses, we know it wasn't intended but... Since is new weapon lvl 66 and most of people say it's "sh!t" weapon, can you still make it work on boss too to keep it worthy?

coffee
02-20-2018, 07:30 PM
#dontnerfdragstaff

Ydra
02-20-2018, 07:30 PM
Heres my 2 cents... salt included... This is stupid basically making the drag staff completely useless why cant you just leave the proc alone?

Dragon Staff is still viable at the level it is supposed to be targeting. There are many other weapons around.
The changes are meant to balance the item so that a lv46 item is not more powerful than a lv66.

coffee
02-20-2018, 07:33 PM
There is nothing to compare the drag staff with at lvl 66 all other staffs at 66 are pointless tbh

Hugals01
02-20-2018, 07:34 PM
Absolutely amazing again, this is the work that I expect from sts. Always delivering good work! Keep the amazing work up! *
*ty for ruining the game experience
*all was sarcastic in case you'd think I was serious.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Paw
02-20-2018, 07:35 PM

How is it useless. Even doing 1/3 of the damage it currently does when it procs its still more damage than any other weapon or class can do on maus bosses right now. (Excluding bugged poison damage on tainted weapons)

coffee
02-20-2018, 07:38 PM
You might aswell nerf tb take away its proc oh and also remove fenris AA Zzz...

srazman
02-20-2018, 07:41 PM
Im always grateful to enjoy what sts have to offer @weapons, gears, etc... ps: tested by dev already. The fun is there for us... now seem ppl ask for the maps the be harder to enjoy ... situation is: 20 minute average to finish maus 6.. yes, take away the boss hp reducer pls... maybe it will take 30 to 45 minute to finish maus 6... sooner or later slowly it will take away ppl who want to run@play in maus 6.. just bcz it take to much time to finish it (boss and mini boss hp op)... unless if sts bring back the soul of single dmg dealer@the noty wild rouge that what we all need@missing...

• Reonauz

Paw
02-20-2018, 07:43 PM
I guess nerfing gold loot in mausoleum by 50% would have caused a riot. Best way round it was to make the runs take twice as long to complete :D

will0
02-20-2018, 07:45 PM
remove the damage limit of DS will cause longer run on Bosses in maus that's for sure especially Lich with shield.....

coffee
02-20-2018, 07:49 PM
remove the damage limit of DS will cause longer run on Bosses in maus that's for sure especially Lich with shield.....

Excatly my point thanks

Java
02-20-2018, 07:50 PM

Price for ds will drop massively as it will be pointless to use rip AL.But you quit already....

coffee
02-20-2018, 07:55 PM
You again... thats besides the point whats your problem?

alxe
02-20-2018, 07:59 PM
well time to experment with every weapon,get as high stats as possible,and pray bosses die.

will0
02-20-2018, 08:09 PM
leave the super poison pack as it is then.. so everyone can kill the boss dont have to rely on DS.

Alwarez
02-20-2018, 08:16 PM
My suggestion is to add any kind of extra boss damage in rogue masteries. Doesn't need to be % of max health. If every class gets 2 hit kill proc, what's the purpose of rogue class then?

PsychoNuke
02-20-2018, 08:19 PM
Kudos Devs :)
I think this is a very good change and the right step to fix the current broken gear progression. Every weapon should be scaled and capped to its intended level and content. This is exactly how things should be :)
Having said that there should be new weapons with same kind of %damage proc. Dragon Hunter Staff basically served as another skill for mage, as a support utility and gave flexibility to a support class to deal damage. It is essential for mage game play, or we will only be worth CC.

If you are forcing us to leave the old, then you better have new which is good as old ;). Hope that is the intention here, Ty.

+

Anything else?
I added in a quality of life change so you can actually see the damage from the Dragon Hunter Staff being applied (yay!)
More info on this please. Ty.

coffee
02-20-2018, 08:21 PM
My suggestion is to add any kind of extra boss damage in rogue masteries. Doesn't need to be % of max health. If every class gets 2 hit kill proc, what's the purpose of rogue class then?

+1 i like this idea

PsychoNuke
02-20-2018, 08:24 PM
Example

Please make this happen :)

Alwarez
02-20-2018, 08:27 PM
Kudos Devs :)
It is essential for mage game play, or we will only be worth CC.

Rogues are only worth CC since the very start of mauso

Ydra
02-20-2018, 08:28 PM
Please make this happen :)

Wouldn't you rather see new weapons with new looks and new procs?
It would be very easy for sts to recycle weapons, probably even easier than recycling vanities into recolores versions or pets into their heroic forms.
But I don't think this is a trend we want to start with weapons. Leave the past behind and keep the new coming.

PsychoNuke
02-20-2018, 08:34 PM
The DS will attempt to take away the same amount of HP it currently does, but will hit the damage threshold against M6 bosses.

As a rough value while testing, it looks like the proc will deal around 1/3 as much damage as it currently does.

Kindly advise if this change is currently applied only to M6 bosses. Will it affect other current maps and event bosses?

PsychoNuke
02-20-2018, 08:40 PM
Wouldn't you rather see new weapons with new looks and new procs?
It would be very easy for sts to recycle weapons, probably even easier than recycling vanities into recolores versions or pets into their heroic forms.
But I don't think this is a trend we want to start with weapons. Leave the past behind and keep the new coming.

To be clear I meant a staff that gives %dmg dot and adds party buff. I didn't think of looks while making a statement on a chain of discussion on attributes.

Abuze
02-20-2018, 08:41 PM
I have a suggestion: Instead of nerfing the drag staff and similar weapons now why not do the same that was done to arcane ring? With each lvl cap let the amount of boss damage it does decrease.

Oakmaiden
02-20-2018, 08:49 PM
Please make the Tainted Recurve Bow throw the debuffs forward and almost the distance an arrow flies. The whole purpose of using a bow is to maintain distance from the mobs. In order to get the debuffs anywhere near the enemy I have to be in the middle of a mob. As it stands, the debuffs land beside or even behind me! Thank you for all you do for all of us!

msustro
02-20-2018, 09:17 PM
I suggest a compromise by instead capping DS to the damage it does currently on a maus6 boss at level 66. This would limit the future usefulness of the DS after level 66 without making m6 today a drastically longer time commitment.

Kakashis
02-20-2018, 09:21 PM
Glad STS finally addressed this after 1.5 years! Rogues have been on the back burner for awhile now, and finally we might have a use at boss fights again!

srazman
02-20-2018, 09:24 PM
Agreed ... remove the dmg done limiter by rog to compensate the ds lost...

• Reonauz

Java
02-20-2018, 09:54 PM
Glad STS finally addressed this after 1.5 years! Rogues have been on the back burner for awhile now, and finally we might have a use at boss fights again!+1
#outofthanks

Yolomo
02-20-2018, 10:02 PM
So vroom tainted weapon damage will work on bosses?

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

PsychoNuke
02-20-2018, 10:05 PM
Rogues are only worth CC since the very start of mauso
This is Offtopic.
Rogues have better Crit+Dmg+SkillDamage and smaller CD on their skills compare to mage. So its not the same thing. Apples and Oranges buddy.
Also, Rogues cant CC :p - JK

Fyrce
02-20-2018, 10:28 PM
There was always going to be something that needed to be done w/ %dam weapons.

Just do not forget that DS Staff is ARCANE, which originally was supposed to be good for 2-3 expansions. Following that paradigm, it would imply that the DS Staff should be calibrated around L56 or L61, not L46. L46 would be for PINK items.

In terms of boss issues, my first thought is the dragon in the 12-person Raid. That dragon is doable w/o DS Staff, but can take a very long time w/o it. Considering that tainted procs are getting a boss nerf, I would prefer not to spend 30min on that dragon. Thanks.

Magemagix
02-20-2018, 10:28 PM
This is Offtopic.
Rogues have better Crit+Dmg+SkillDamage and smaller CD on their skills compare to mage. So its not the same thing. Apples and Oranges buddy.
Also, Rogues cant CC [emoji14] - JK

Mages were mob killers as well as boss(the job of a rogue tho)

Rogues were only needed for mobs cc, maybe immo bow rogue were gud for boss. Bt mages were preferred more for faster kills.

This nerf to ds with help solve that issue,while still making it do % dmg like maybe rogue immo bow.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

Shadowfaux
02-20-2018, 10:31 PM
Glad STS finally addressed this after 1.5 years! Rogues have been on the back burner for awhile now, and finally we might have a use at boss fights again!So I guess it's okay that Mages are on the back burner now LOL. Hey STS, here's a crazy thought, how about none of the classes get put on the back burner...

PsychoNuke
02-20-2018, 10:31 PM
Rougues with drag blades can crowd control alot better ;)

I say nerf those dam blades as well. hehe :)

Magemagix
02-20-2018, 10:35 PM
Hey y'all!

What's Changing?

But Why?

What does this mean?
The values calculated for the Dragon Hunter Staff are based on the amount of damage the weapon is intended to deal at its intended level. This means the Dragon Hunter Staff is balanced around Level 46 mobs.

Anything else?
I added in a quality of life change so you can actually see the damage from the Dragon Hunter Staff being applied (yay!)Will the immo bows be affected too. Will they use the same nerf mechanics?

Btw +1 to making room for newer weapons. Or maybe new drag staff lvl71 [emoji14]

Korabiv
02-20-2018, 11:46 PM
Realistically the drag staff might still be the best mage weapon for bosses. Even though the damage will be getting nerfed, mages are pretty useless againt high health bosses when using a high dps weapon. Since mages dont have any good single target skills to kill bosses (aside from lightning, which most mages dont use in m6 anyway), the dragon staff proc will probably still do more then a mage with a high dps weapon. Just my thoughts.

Xxkayakxx
02-21-2018, 02:17 AM
First of all, I’m a mage with DS and obviusly I’m happy with. But the fact that a level 46 staff is so overpowered honestly doesn’t make sense, so I’m happy you are looking in ways to fix it.
On the other side, many people invested in it as a “must have” in mausoleum (“do you have ds” is first thing they ask you before party xD)

So, ok for the nerf, but what about the opportunity to upgrade it at higher level? Maybe with new expansion and a series of quests?
I’m thinking about a way to not have people upset by wasting time and money to achieve a staff that will be consistently reduced in price.......

Shubham
02-21-2018, 02:29 AM
Well i can only see this going one way the m5 m 6 anyhow takes more den 30 40 mins to complete with a ds n good pt and wt map we get
Wen u see the new wepons the lvl 66 staff arcane one has no boss damage well tbh it doesn't works against the mobs properly though
The gun arcane is good for m1 - m4 but wen m5 m6 it hardly makes much diff the banish is hardly seen
D's use to make the maps faster so it's more gold getting into the game the more faster the more maps a player can play now less D's proc less maps gold economy is stable i guess dats was the point of effecting the games economy i guess
The new set r cool but tbh they r designed for pvp den pve .i tried playing with Dem in maps it not so effective apart the instant kill which will be removed soon
Mages with no D's i have tried killing boss it takes ages to kill a boss .well we don't want ppl who play for there spare time after work to get stuck with killing single boss
Not against WT u guys doing but would like to get wepons that actually have procs like fs n D's at the lvl of 66
Taking to much time for boss kill will let us with nothing to do in the game till expansion

Azebor
02-21-2018, 02:38 AM
Took a page out of Apple's playbook. Nerf the old, to sell the new. Brilliant.

Handsumlegend
02-21-2018, 03:09 AM
Took a page out of Apple's playbook. Nerf the old, to sell the new. Brilliant.

Ahahhaha. Sts learning :) $

Kakashis
02-21-2018, 03:27 AM
So I guess it's okay that Mages are on the back burner now LOL. Hey STS, here's a crazy thought, how about none of the classes get put on the back burner...

mages take out mobs and do crowd control, while rogues take out single threats and bosses. When the dragon staff came along, rogueless parties were the norm as no needed to take down bosses anymore. Even DS at 1/3 the power is still too powerful IMO, but maybe future weapons will further even out the playing field. Honestly those tainted weapons dropping poison packs and killing the boss in 2 seconds is the right idea as all classes can spawn them. Maybe just reduce the damage on those packs!

Java
02-21-2018, 03:28 AM
First of all, I’m a mage with DS and obviusly I’m happy with. But the fact that a level 46 staff is so overpowered honestly doesn’t make sense, so I’m happy you are looking in ways to fix it.
On the other side, many people invested in it as a “must have” in mausoleum (“do you have ds” is first thing they ask you before party xD)

So, ok for the nerf, but what about the opportunity to upgrade it at higher level? Maybe with new expansion and a series of quests?
I’m thinking about a way to not have people upset by wasting time and money to achieve a staff that will be consistently reduced in price.......I feel your pain, I've been there. But investing so much money into a 2 yr old weapon was a calculated risk. Weapon & gear progression is the name of the game...asking to set a precedent to upgraded a weapon that's no longer viable 20 levels later is just silly. There are so many cool weapons I would want to do that with if that's the case.

You may have had to spend gold to farm maus for more gold, but I'm sure the ROI was a very short time.

Embrace the suck and let's get to having fun with what is new and what's to come.

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 03:32 AM
mages take out mobs and do crowd control, while rogues take out single threats and bosses. When the dragon staff came along, rogueless parties were the norm as no needed to take down bosses anymore. Even DS at 1/3 the power is still too powerful IMO, but maybe future weapons will further even out the playing field. Honestly those tainted weapons dropping poison packs and killing the boss in 2 seconds is the right idea as all classes can spawn them. Maybe just reduce the damage on those packs!I'm quite aware of what each class is supposed to do. I'm just frustrated with STS always seeming to tweak things where one class is less desirable in a group

Fyrce
02-21-2018, 03:58 AM
It would be good to see new weapons actually have a use.

Also, classes wax and wane. Everyone should play all classes.

Xxkayakxx
02-21-2018, 04:05 AM
I feel your pain, I've been there. But investing so much money into a 2 yr old weapon was a calculated risk. Weapon & gear progression is the name of the game...asking to set a precedent to upgraded a weapon that's no longer viable 20 levels later is just silly. There are so many cool weapons I would want to do that with if that's the case.

You may have had to spend gold to farm maus for more gold, but I'm sure the ROI was a very short time.

Embrace the suck and let's get to having fun with what is new and what's to come.

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Thanks for your thoughts :)
I’m quite healty and is really no issue for me to purchase a new whatever wapon (as I already did with complete tainted set, 100gl weapon) and still being healthy ;)
As a non plat player that honestly struggled for years in terms of money, I can understand pain of the others! is not funny to achieve DS and some months later become outdated not for a better one, but “just” because (hope you understand what I mean, it’s not just because ...).

(The only personal selfish complain I could have on this situation is the possible lower speed to achieve 1000 lich/vory..... XD)

I’m very happy that Sts is putting so much effort in AL!! :)

And believe it or not I’m fine even with nerf! No problem in going back to old days where tanks were tanks, rogues were rogues and mages were mages ;) coming up with strategies to kill bosses!!! Omg Planar tombs memories....

So.....summerize: ok with nerf, just think about the fact that you made ds a “must have” in maus and possibly find a solution to don’t make other (then me xD) people feel betraied ;)

Better?

Ps: sell DS!!!
(Kidding I will never sell it xD too many memories)

arcanefid
02-21-2018, 04:06 AM
I have a suggestion: Instead of nerfing the drag staff and similar weapons now why not do the same that was done to arcane ring? With each lvl cap let the amount of boss damage it does decrease.

I think this is one of the best solutions for this kind of stuff, if not the best one.

Basically make every proc of everything get worse based on the user's level. This way you can make OP procs for new weapons and not be worried that they will be "the best" for long times. Though as someone else said, an Arcane weapon should be useful in its full power for at least 2 seasons because the players spend a lot for them.

Anyway, I think this is a great step forward and unlike some months ago, I think STS is doing an excellent job. :p

swoutttt
02-21-2018, 06:48 AM
Great news..but ehm wait.. why you nerf dragon staff while you first have to fix all the new content you just released? Its almost 2 weeks since the bug is discovered in the tainted weapons proc.. and still it is not fixed.. Also the guide says that if use endless set and you summon thog, you will receive a damage buff.. why does this dont work if you slot another pet into it..? Thog is still summoned right? I rlly like the idea that you look into older weapons ( let be honest drag staff was a true boss killer ) But do mind you have to fix all other weapons to.. ( glint aegis / immo staff / dragon sword / dragon daggers / immo bow / flame staff ) Since they outdated and kinda OP for there purposes.. It might be best to fix all these items at once, and take the proper time for it, so its actually fixed when done. Also pls take some more time before releasing new content.. Everytime when there is new content there is something / a lot wrong with it. Not rlly customer friendly.

Still i love this game a lot.. thats why i care.

Captainrock
02-21-2018, 07:04 AM
Very good decision though I spend all my hard earned golds on dragon staff so that I would be able to run mausoleum but I still really like this idea because it makes every class to play their role.
Also what about immortal staff?it is also overpowered despite being a Level 56 staff,So you will be nerfing immortal staff too?

Susanne
02-21-2018, 07:20 AM
I have just finished reading all the posts and have no idea and a headache. Will the dragon blades be altered and immo bow? Will the tainted bow be any good against lich? Will the dread bow carry on being useless against bosses? Also..will the expansion just be a continuation of mausoleum? Please say we'll have something different for the expansion. Thanking you in anticipation, Susie. P.S. anymore maus maps and I shall consider Susiecide.

Ucamaeben
02-21-2018, 08:01 AM
I have just finished reading all the posts and have no idea and a headache. Will the dragon blades be altered and immo bow? Will the tainted bow be any good against lich? Will the dread bow carry on being useless against bosses? Also..will the expansion just be a continuation of mausoleum? Please say we'll have something different for the expansion. Thanking you in anticipation, Susie. P.S. anymore maus maps and I shall consider Susiecide.

Haha! Susiecide, is that an exercise tape? 😛

Susanne
02-21-2018, 08:08 AM
Haha! Susiecide, is that an exercise tape? 😛
Haha.. it's called retirement. Don't all cheer at once. Hmmm... I wonder who I'll leave all my arlorian worldly goods to? Tap..tap..tap.

Java
02-21-2018, 08:13 AM
Haha.. it's called retirement. Don't all cheer at once. Hmmm... I wonder who I'll leave all my arlorian worldly goods to? Tap..tap..tap.From what I hear, expansion isn't a mausoleum expansion! Stay with us!!

Handsumlegend
02-21-2018, 08:15 AM
Haha.. it's called retirement. Don't all cheer at once. Hmmm... I wonder who I'll leave all my arlorian worldly goods to? Tap..tap..tap.

Lol u didn’t read anything at all.

- All weapons with % boss damage will be capped at damage ( their only effective at their own levels ). Drag staff was used as an example.
- They are moving toward new and away from Mausoleum while keeping it a good farmer paradise.

Hope this helps

DalleManden
02-21-2018, 10:27 AM
I understand the reasoning behind everything but holy **** i'm salty hahaha... what a waste of 5 million.

Hopefully we will see some more cool weapons in the near future to compensate

Lolifee
02-21-2018, 11:15 AM
heyya,

I understand the point of nerfing DS. It was better than rogs at killing bosses which is their main purpose.
But at the same time I liked the variety of weapons to use. I do not see the point of outdating old weapons. at the moment for mages there are many weapons you can effectively use like flame/immo/horrific/DS. you have the choice between weapons that fit your playstyle. same goes for rogs and tanks. currently weapons like glint aegis are still good bc of the taunt.

I really like to choose my weapon depending on the role i want to play. I dont get along with the idea that the newest weapons always have to be the best. sure, they have to be good and have to be a viable option but imo we need a variety of good weapons to use.

for example i dont like the new horrific weapons but prefer my immo staff. they both have pros and cons. outdating all the old weapons takes away the choice of weapon, there will be only one meta, the newest arcane. this takes away the fun for me. I'm not sure if its the right game for me if I cant freely choose my weapon depending on the proc or stats I like if you are gonna outdate them.

If you would release like 6 new weapons with different procs every expasion i'd be fine with it (for one class). But I just dont like to have one weapon I am forced to use.

just my two cents

Loli

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-21-2018, 11:52 AM
But at the same time I liked the variety of weapons to use. I do not see the point of outdating old weapons.

Just to clarify, this is less about just going around and outdating the old weapons. Without a limit to the % health damage, the only way to make a weapon that's better than the Dragon Hunter Staff is to release a weapon that does even more % health damage, and this will get wildly out of control and the broken poison proc dealing 50% of a boss' health will just become the normal.

One possibility for the future (but we'll be more interesting than this I promise ;)) is that every Arcane weapon going forward has some form of % health damage, equal to the amount of the Dragon Hunter Staff, but balanced for that level range. This is only possible if we put this upper limit cap on!

I'm also hearing a lot of talk about the length of M6 right now. I might make a separate post, but does Maus 6 feel too long for players to be really runnable?

Lolifee
02-21-2018, 12:00 PM
I'm also hearing a lot of talk about the length of M6 right now. I might make a separate post, but does Maus 6 feel too long for players to be really runnable?

Me personal dont feel its too long but I often use plat. Maus 1-4 is skippable by running straigt to boss after a few pulls. i'd even be happy about maus 7 & 8 with even harder mobs.

DalleManden
02-21-2018, 12:04 PM
Just to clarify, this is less about just going around and outdating the old weapons. Without a limit to the % health damage, the only way to make a weapon that's better than the Dragon Hunter Staff is to release a weapon that does even more % health damage, and this will get wildly out of control and the broken poison proc dealing 50% of a boss' health will just become the normal.

One possibility for the future (but we'll be more interesting than this I promise ;)) is that every Arcane weapon going forward has some form of % health damage, equal to the amount of the Dragon Hunter Staff, but balanced for that level range. This is only possible if we put this upper limit cap on!

It's fine that you're outdating them because you have valid reasons but it seems like its done at such a random time. I feel like most players would have been more comfortable with them being outdated with the new expansion for example as there would most likely be new alternatives to the weapons.

Xxkayakxx
02-21-2018, 12:12 PM

Hi Wroom, thanks a lot for your constant requests of feedback :)
“I'm also hearing a lot of talk about the length of M6 right now. I might make a separate post, but does Maus 6 feel too long for players to be really runnable?”
I think the main point is that now we are used to the current speed, after running maus for more then a year....
Any change affecting the speed of killing boss (from my understanding mobs killing speed is not affected by eventual nerf) will affect the general speed of running the map, considering bosses and minibosses.
Basically players don’t know how game “was intended”. We play and find best way to run with what we have. After more then a year of maus, who would guess that we were running in a way that wasn’t intended, without any fix?
So I understand what you are trying to do and make sense. Just consider all aspects when you will make changes, players that spent money for ds from my point of view are not at fault. “Retroactive” nerf of ds wouldn’t be well received I guess...
What you did with arcane ring (as already suggested) is an option. Upgrade another. Have fun finding the best solution XD
And thanks again with you being open us :)

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-21-2018, 12:13 PM
More info on this please. Ty.

Previously when the proc from the Dragon Hunter Staff procced, you couldn't see the damage numbers above the mob you're hurting, you would just see their health bar drop.

I've fixed it so that you will also see the damage numbers over the head of the monster when the proc happens!

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Please make the Tainted Recurve Bow throw the debuffs forward and almost the distance an arrow flies. The whole purpose of using a bow is to maintain distance from the mobs. In order to get the debuffs anywhere near the enemy I have to be in the middle of a mob. As it stands, the debuffs land beside or even behind me! Thank you for all you do for all of us!

Heya Oak,

I promise you, the Tainted Recurve Bow spawns the procs around the enemy, not around you! Currently they can spawn up to 5 meters away from the enemy when procced, so it's possible they're spawning near your direction sometimes when you fire. You should have no issues standing at your full bow range and firing and getting the proc though!

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Agreed ... remove the dmg done limiter by rog to compensate the ds lost...

• Reonauz

I've seen a couple comments about this, what do you mean by "limiter by rog"?

VROOMIGoRealFast
02-21-2018, 12:18 PM
I suggest a compromise by instead capping DS to the damage it does currently on a maus6 boss at level 66. This would limit the future usefulness of the DS after level 66 without making m6 today a drastically longer time commitment.

Due to the nature of the change and the effects of the Dragon Hunter Staff, something along these lines might be a good idea to maintain to set back the Dragon Hunter Staff a little bit but make sure it doesn't remain after this expansion.

Paw
02-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Due to the nature of the change and the effects of the Dragon Hunter Staff, something along these lines might be a good idea to maintain to set back the Dragon Hunter Staff a little bit but make sure it doesn't remain after this expansion.

Thats what i still dont understand. Why nerf it when you can set the upper limit to what it currently does on M6 bosses. Wont affect anything up to the 66 cap and doesnt affect current gameplay.

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Due to the nature of the change and the effects of the Dragon Hunter Staff, something along these lines might be a good idea to maintain to set back the Dragon Hunter Staff a little bit but make sure it doesn't remain after this expansion.So now you're saying you might alter the changes you've already announced. I hardly think that's fair considering a ton of people have already sold off their dragon staff based on your previous announcement...

Justg
02-21-2018, 12:38 PM
So now you're saying you might alter the changes you've already announced. I hardly think that's fair considering a ton of people have already sold off their dragon staff based on your previous announcement...

Part of the challenge of us being so active on the forums is that people react to things that are in progress or that we may speculate on. It is the price paid for having such close contact with the developers, and often works to your advantage. Occasionally it may work to your disadvantage as well.

We will always strive to do what we think is best for the game and community as a whole.

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 12:55 PM
Part of the challenge of us being so active on the forums is that people react to things that are in progress or that we may speculate on. It is the price paid for having such close contact with the developers, and often works to your advantage. Occasionally it may work to your disadvantage as well.

We will always strive to do what we think is best for the game and community as a whole.I for one appreciate the fact that you interact with us on the Forums and address are various concerns. But again I don't think it's fair to make an announcement on a change and then Backtrack on it. That suggestion is a good one, one that should maybe be implemented in the future. But it's really not fair to go back on a previously-announced change

Motherless_Child
02-21-2018, 01:02 PM

Yes.... M6 is too long..... I personally skip it a lot because you need to dedicate too much time to that 1 map..... I'd prefer to just run 1-4 (sometimes 5), just because of the time......... I mostly run PUGs (which is the norm because you will not always be able to find a PT to run with), and M6 can be a long, unforgiving nightmare when running PUGs................. I understand there needs to be a level of difficulty but, with PUGs being basically the norm, a map like M6 maybe just too long and hard for the "norm".......... If the difficulty were to be held in tact, a shorter map would definitely suffice.....

alxe
02-21-2018, 01:12 PM

We will always strive to do what we think is best for the game and community as a whole.

i do really apprciate you being in contact with the community and all,but the change to the dragon hunter staff shouldnt be reversed or adjusted. the market for that weapon already crashed and many people sold thier weapons including myself, and since the tainted poison is a bug i would apprciate if you keep the changes the way they are but adjust the maus bosses a bit so they can be taken down by DPS in a reasonable time. that way people who sold thier ds can just use thier stats to kill bosses and the one who havent can still use thier weapon to make it a bit faster if they like. atleast thats in my opnion. and thank you,and the other devs very much for all your efforts! :)

Avaree
02-21-2018, 01:14 PM
I for one appreciate the fact that you interact with us on the Forums and address are various concerns. But again I don't think it's fair to make an announcement on a change and then Backtrack on it. That suggestion is a good one, one that should maybe be implemented in the future. But it's really not fair to go back on a previously-announced change

I am appreciative they announced what they planned changing on the ds. BC if they didnt, we would not have posted our honest opinion and feelings, which would of resulted in many rage quitting if they nerfed ds without notice.. They are compromising, based on feedback. I for one appreciate that they are active, and are willing to compromise based on our feedback.

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 01:14 PM
I am appreciative they announced what they planned changing on the ds. BC if they didnt, we would not have posted our honest opinion and feelings, which would of resulted in many rage quitting if they nerfed ds without notice.. They are compromising, based on feedback. I for one appreciate that they are active, and are willing to compromise based on our feedback.And are you one of the people who sold their dragon staff based on the announcement? Because it hardly seems fair to those people...

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 01:17 PM
Well why don't we see them do that to a rogue weapon that you then sell. And we'll see how you feel about it then....

Avaree
02-21-2018, 01:21 PM
And are you one of the people who sold their dragon staff based on the announcement? Because it hardly seems fair to those people...

I don't wish to derail this thread about what i sold or didnt sell, pm me (:

Susanne
02-21-2018, 01:26 PM
From what I hear, expansion isn't a mausoleum expansion! Stay with us!!

Thanks for info, I'm a lot happier now. :)

Oakmaiden
02-21-2018, 01:30 PM
For me its not the lenght of M6, but the lenght of combined maps to get there. If i cant get an invite to M5 I have to run 1-4 first. My hands hurt by then or some rl priorities call me away. I wish that once a player completes the quest lines and poens all floors, we could choose which map to farm.

DalleManden
02-21-2018, 01:34 PM
I think you should just let the DS be as what has been announced.

That is what I believe every mage would want, at least those who already sold theirs.

Let's not dwell in the past, but let's move on to newer and more exciting things! :)

BaronB
02-21-2018, 01:35 PM
So now you're saying you might alter the changes you've already announced. I hardly think that's fair considering a ton of people have already sold off their dragon staff based on your previous announcement...

Comments like this do more harm then good...

No changes were actually made in game nor was there any confirmations on when changes were taking effect.

Thankfully there was a post about the intended changes and through open discussion it seems a compromise has been reached to help both sides of the arguments for change an not to change.

To keep the game healthy its a great step forward and even nicer now to know at least the changes will take effect going forward rather than just impact the current environment.

+420

PS...

If you lost on on the speculation gamble just take it on the chin and move on

win some you lose some but the just keeps on spinning ^.^

1 <3

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 01:36 PM
Comments like this do more harm then good...

No changes were actually made in game nor was there any confirmations on when changes were taking effect.

Thankfully there was a post about the intended changes and through open discussion it seems a compromise has been reached to help both sides of the arguments for change an not to change.

To keep the game healthy its a great step forward and even nicer now to know at least the changes will take effect going forward rather than just impact the current environment.

+420

PS...

If you lost on on the speculation gamble just take it on the chin and move on

win some you lose some but the just keeps on spinning ^.^

1 <3Look at the first post changes were announced. People made decisions based on those changes. It seems unfair to alter them now. I'm all for discussions and feedback, but retroactively changing things right after they've been announced is hardly fair to anybody. I'm not trying to derail anything I am part of the feedback that you are touting.

BaronB
02-21-2018, 01:37 PM
For me its not the lenght of M6, but the lenght of combined maps to get there. If i cant get an invite to M5 I have to run 1-4 first. My hands hurt by then or some rl priorities call me away. I wish that once a player completes the quest lines and poens all floors, we could choose which map to farm.

Even if there was something as simple as being able to trade/sell m5 passes rather then just stash.

just a thought :3

1 <3

Susanne
02-21-2018, 01:38 PM
Lol u didn’t read anything at all.

- All weapons with % boss damage will be capped at damage ( their only effective at their own levels ). Drag staff was used as an example.
- They are moving toward new and away from Mausoleum while keeping it a good farmer paradise.

Hope this helps

Helped a lot thankyou as did Java's reply. The thing is.. I'm useless at math, so when I see percentages and stats etc..my head aches. Then I saw mausoleum mentioned and retirement looked inviting. Sorry STS and all who love Maus but it's a tad morbid for me. Thanks again. I'm looking forward to expansion now. :)

BaronB
02-21-2018, 01:43 PM
Look at the first post changes were announced. People made decisions based on those changes. It seems unfair to alter them now. I'm all for discussions and feedback, but retroactively changing things right after they've been announced is hardly fair to anybody. I'm not trying to derail anything I am part of the feedback that you are touting.

"Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!"

Thats the first line from Vrooms post.

Ive highlighted the part about how the changes are coming,,,no fixed date so always subject to change... which is what makes it so great because its not like the voices of the players arnt heard and they go ahead make changes willynilly...

if they had updated the game then rolled back then i would appropriate your point bud... but this was a open forum where changes which were planned announced to the public to get feedback and clearly make the right adjustments accordingly..

If people had been more patient then there would be nothing to feel sore about.

+420 again for all the work STS

1<3

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 01:44 PM
"Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!"

Thats the first line from Vrooms post.

Ive highlighted the part about how the changes are coming,,,no fixed date so always subject to change... which is what makes it so great because its not like the voices of the players arnt heard and they go ahead make changes willynilly...

if they had updated the game then rolled back then i would appropriate your point bud... but this was a open forum where changes which were planned announced to the public to get feedback and clearly make the right adjustments accordingly..

If people had been more patient then there would be nothing to feel sore about.

+420 again for all the work STS

1<3Yes he said changes that are coming, as in these are things that are being implemented. He didn't say these are what were thinking about implementing what is your feedback? If that was what was stated I wouldn't have an issue. But he said these changes are coming. That's a definite statement I'm not arguing about when.

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Yes he said changes that are coming, as in these are things that are being implemented. He didn't say these are what were thinking about implementing what is your feedback? If that was what was stated I wouldn't have an issue. But he said these changes are coming. That's a definite statement I'm not arguing about when.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using TapatalkAnd that's your second point. That's illogical. Are people supposed to wait until the last minute so they get the minimum amount of money when they sell? Or should they sell as soon as the announcement is made hopefully getting a bigger return because not everybody knows of these changes?

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 01:58 PM
My main point is only that if a developer announces that A change is coming on an official forum that those changes should be adhered to. People make decisions based on those posts. Whatever time the changes are going to be implemented is irrelevant. Feedback is useful and should be implemented in future changes. I am grateful for the fact of developers interact with us and tape our feedback seriously. But again retroactively changing previously-announced things is unfair to the people who have made their choices based on an official post

BaronB
02-21-2018, 02:00 PM
Yes he said changes that are coming, as in these are things that are being implemented. He didn't say these are what were thinking about implementing what is your feedback? If that was what was stated I wouldn't have an issue. But he said these changes are coming. That's a definite statement I'm not arguing about when.

Yup... and instead of going ahead with changes without announcement and just telling us after...

we were notified before hand and after receiving feed back they made amendments...

again the smart thing to do would have been to wait

To be fair I dont know why but I had few people randomly ask me about selling their DS or not and like everything... chill and wait when it comes to speculations and nothing is 100%.

heres a good example...

People going crazy over the proc of the tainted weapons n getting rid of their current gears... but its 100% fact its bugged atm so enjoy it whilst it last.. not rely on it or put all your eggs in one basket so to speak.

Korabiv
02-21-2018, 02:04 PM
For awhile now Ive been trying to figure out what a "fair" way to outdate weapons was. If no changes were made, weapons like flame staff and drag staff would be used forever in the future. Why even bother buying any of the new gear released if the old gear is better any way?

So here is what I think would be a "fair" solution. For next expansion, and expansions in the future, let procs from ONLY new weapons work in the new maps. This would mean that any procs from old weapons would not work at all in new maps. This way, people buy the new weapons in order to play the new maps, but at the same time, there old weapons can still be good in older maps (such as esg and maus). Procs are the only reason old weapons stay around, as in most cases having good procs is better then having high damage. Not allowing these procs to go into future maps would force people to buy and use new gear (which is what we are trying to accomplish).

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Yup... and instead of going ahead with changes without announcement and just telling us after...

we were notified before hand and after receiving feed back they made amendments...

again the smart thing to do would have been to wait

To be fair I dont know why but I had few people randomly ask me about selling their DS or not and like everything... chill and wait when it comes to speculations and nothing is 100%.

heres a good example...

People going crazy over the proc of the tainted weapons n getting rid of their current gears... but its 100% fact its bugged atm so enjoy it whilst it last.. not rely on it or put all your eggs in one basket so to speak.Again then they should say these are changes they were thinking about implementing. Don't make it a definite statement if it's not definite. I'm fine with the changes either way the weapon was totally outdated. But don't make definite statements about game changes if you're going to change them. I don't know why that's not feasible. And by the way 420 forever

Justg
02-21-2018, 02:28 PM
You are going to be OK shadowfaux. We'll always do our best to keep you informed here but sometimes we do change our mind for the better of the game.

You are here getting "insider" information to help you speculate on the market, if this goes awry every now and then that is part of the deal.

And yeah 420 yo.

Fyrce
02-21-2018, 02:34 PM
This is why we cant have nice things. Because this happens every time, but don’t worry: people next month will not remember. Then we can do it all over again.

Something to limit old weapons is probably a good idea.

Speculators dumping old equips for low prices is an old thing. Happens every season and with every rumor. People misreading A, B, or C: same old thing.

Maus6 is not too long. There are plenty of times when Maus6 is too short: 1 mini, no treasure rooms, dead end branches. It is only sometimes long: bad party, people want to kill every mob. Anyone can check the zone for minis, treasure rooms and bosses and just do those, making the zone darn fast. Getting through M1-4 to get to M5 can be done the same way. It is very possible to guess which direction the boss is in, but in any case, no need to clear. Just do a couple mob groups and run to boss. Even warriors can do this.

But changing the zone to the way players play, i.e. straight line, kill a few mobs, get boss: sure but guaranteed, there will be comments of boredom within a day. Although within that day, everyone will suddenly want more interesting zones.

Six months later, when interesting zones are provided, everyone will complain about difficulty and exclusivity.

Rinse, repeat.

It IS good for new equips and new weapons to be useful in new content. So yeah, limit life for old equips.

Motherless_Child
02-21-2018, 02:40 PM
You are going to be OK shadowfaux. We'll always do our best to keep you informed here but sometimes we do change our mind for the better of the game.

You are here getting "insider" information to help you speculate on the market, if this goes awry every now and then that is part of the deal.

And yeah 420 yo.

Precisely....

Shadowfaux
02-21-2018, 02:44 PM

And yeah 420 yo.Okay, it doesn't seem like inside or information when it's posted on an official Forum by one of the head Developers. But I can live with it. I'm not angry or upset, I'm not even trying to start any drama. I'm just stating what I think is a valid point for the future. The one thing I did have a problem with is the fact that the dragon staff was deemed necessary to run mausoleum. And its lack of availability made the price of said item go out of control . It seems to be a failure on the game's part to have a weapon that was 20 levels old being a necessity to run the most current maps. But now that this has been brought to light, and you guys seem to be listening to the players, I hope that the situation like that won't happen again.

Lolifee
02-21-2018, 04:03 PM
It IS good for new equips and new weapons to be useful in new content. So yeah, limit life for old equips.

Dont you like to have the choice what gear you use instead of always the newest?

the stats are gonna be better anyways, why outdate old gear? I mean whats the point?

just take a look at rogs. dragon daggers have a unique proc which makes them outstanding for stuns. then look at immo bow, shivs. Imo the variety of good weapons which suits your playstyle make the game great. want dmg and fight close, take shivs. want cc take drag dag. want outstanding boss dmg, take immo bow.

of course the new gear has to be good in some other way. bt outdating gears is wrong imo, same with only new weapons proc in new maps. makes no sense to me.

edit: this is not directly related to the thread, i do see why ds is getting nerfed.

Azerothraven
02-21-2018, 07:02 PM
Change announced - players go crazy and want change
Change is brought - players go crazy and want original change.

I dont understand human beings!

srazman
02-21-2018, 08:54 PM
Once upon a time... rogue needed in every boss fight especially during the Halloween event boss 'Paracelsus'. Everyone will leave the map if there is no rogue available. Golden ages of rogues. Because Paracelsus so hard to kill, maybe sts revamp the mechanic so any 'pug' can kill him for the event to be doable for the community. Rogue as a single dmg dealer aiming to kill large health point bosses where the holy grail of lootable items, everyone seems to create a rogue character. We can see the bosses HP bar drop drastically whenever the rogue presented. As level caps risen, somehow the rogue 'bosses hp bar reducer' slowly lost in time. It is something limiting the rogue to do the damage like it was. Bless with superior crit seem no effect anymore. Especially in somerholt maps, all bosses seem way out of 'prime fun time limit' to kill. So we all seeking for other alternatives, the answer is lies within 'Dragon Hunter Staff'. That staff is a blessing to all arlorians.

Arlorians will survive without 'Dragon Hunter Staff', one hero falls there is always another hero will emerge...

PS: Back then the charged aim shot not simply spam blindly, rogue see and feel the opportunity to land the hit, that is with the help of mighty resilience fellow warrior to hold the bosses which leave the sorcerer help healing and unbinding incoming spell for them to breath calmly till the battle ended.

PsychoNuke
02-21-2018, 09:35 PM
IMHO people sold their dragon staff because they misunderstood the thread. I kept mine, because I understand that even after the cap it is the only %dmg proc weapon I own which is effective against a boss. I saw many drag staffs posted in CS from same players (may be merch) - and was happy that finally its out of their stash and people can buy them at the actual intended price.

Before blaming the forum you must ask yourself why you took a hasty decision of selling the item. Was it useless to you now? Did you have an alternate weapon that was better? Or you just didn't want to loose gold?

If you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not, it is just set to its actual level (which was long due).

Suentous PO
02-21-2018, 09:48 PM
If you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not, it is just set to its actual level.

"As a rough value while testing It looks like the proc will deal around 1/3 as much damage as it currently does"
- Vroom

Eh?

Fyrce
02-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Normal. You can watch it in the news every day.
Another basic human fallacy: that humans think.

Change announced - players go crazy and want change
Change is brought - players go crazy and want original change.

I dont understand human beings!

PsychoNuke
02-21-2018, 11:58 PM
"As a rough value while testing It looks like the proc will deal around 1/3 as much damage as it currently does"
- Vroom

Eh?

This was the complete quote:
"The DS will attempt to take away the same amount of HP it currently does, but will hit the damage threshold against M6 bosses.
As a rough value while testing, it looks like the proc will deal around 1/3 as much damage as it currently does." ~Vroom

The rough value of 33% is against a M6 boss. The weapon is caped to its level, the value will be 100% against the boss which is below or equal to the cap. Which IMO is how all weapons should work.

Suentous PO
02-22-2018, 12:06 AM
This was the complete quote:
"The DS will attempt to take away the same amount of HP it currently does, but will hit the damage threshold against M6 bosses.
As a rough value while testing, it looks like the proc will deal around 1/3 as much damage as it currently does." ~Vroom

The rough value of 33% is against a M6 boss. The weapon is caped to its level, the value will be 100% against the boss which is below or equal to the cap. Which IMO is how all weapons should work.

Yes. You said "if you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not."
And it's proc will likely do 1/3 what we are used to, I'm calling it a nerf. Semantics, it won't be near as good as we are used to.
That's why some sold it

PsychoNuke
02-22-2018, 01:09 AM
Yes. You said "if you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not."
And it's proc will likely do 1/3 what we are used to, I'm calling it a nerf. Semantics, it won't be near as good as we are used to.
That's why some sold it

Complete quote:
"If you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not, it is just set to its actual level" :)

Azefiokall
02-22-2018, 01:24 AM
Hey hey mister fixer, let’s forget the ds for now and talk about what u guys said about maus gl, if my brain works will one of u guys said *u have maus for gold soo u don’t need any other map for high gl* and what i see as a avarice user i don’t get what i used to get in old times i run with around 500% gl maybe and still get lil gold and that’s piss me coze i run maus for gold and i lose more than what i get like what happened to *gold digging map*? And by removing the ds u need to give us something that do dmg for bosses coze it’s hard and just make sure to fix gl coze i don’t want avarice to lose the value it have now or u gona ruine this and it will be meh thanx again mister fixer <3 with love

Azefiokall
02-22-2018, 01:28 AM
Hey y'all!

What's Changing?

But Why?

What does this mean?

Anything else?

And yea one more thing mister fixer how does the horror staff proc work? Coze if i understand the word *charmed* it means he love u and he fight with u but what i see he only get the dmg without fighting with me and for the proc why does not it works on bosses? If it does thedmg it does is good for a LVL66 weapon and by that we will not need ds as a high lvl players hope u fix things that need to be fixed mister fixer

Magemagix
02-22-2018, 01:33 AM
And yea one more thing mister fixer how does the horror staff proc work? Coze if i understand the word *charmed* it means he love u and he fight with u but what i see he only get the dmg without fighting with me and for the proc why does not it works on bosses? If it does thedmg it does is good for a LVL66 weapon and by that we will not need ds as a high lvl players hope u fix things that need to be fixed mister fixerBosses r too smart to be charmed :v

Alwarez
02-22-2018, 04:32 AM
And are you one of the people who sold their dragon staff based on the announcement? Because it hardly seems fair to those people...

Lots of these people already made enough gold in mauso to compensate any loss

Shadowfaux
02-22-2018, 04:33 AM
Lots of these people already made enough gold in mauso to compensate any lossAnd lots of people haven't

Xxkayakxx
02-22-2018, 05:36 AM
If they are going to leave DS as it is for lev 66 and to nerf it for expansion higher level bosses (maus seems will scale up, so maus included) this just make sense imo.
And they are here to ask us feedbacks, not to just do things without listening. This is simply great!
For all the people that sold DS.....to me was just obvius that this is not a sticky, but a blog, means they discuss with us decisions. So nothing was really decided to begin with. Sorry if you had losses.
Looking forward to see how they will handle this, as Hexstaff modification was good, event was simply great, and I see Sts not taking lightly positive criticirms and suggestions, putting more effort then ever in AL.
Laughing with myself thinking “AL is dead” period of time XD
Keep going with the good job devs :)

will0
02-22-2018, 07:05 AM
create a craft and make DS level 66 :)

Suentous PO
02-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Complete quote:
"If you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not, it is just set to its actual level" :)

That's y I said semantics.
"Nerf" and "set to level" are effectivly the same thing.

Paw
02-22-2018, 09:49 AM

Everytime i hear something like this it makes me laugh a little. I miss the days when i used to think like this.. then u grow older n realise LIFES NOT FAIR, DEAL WITH IT :(

Shadowfaux
02-22-2018, 10:32 AM
Everytime i hear something like this it makes me laugh a little. I miss the days when i used to think like this.. then u grow older n realise LIFES NOT FAIR, DEAL WITH IT :(Yes but when people make it not fair, I comment on it that's how I deal with it.

Paw
02-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Away from all the fair and unfair people seem to be worrying about, im just happy they did what was right. Yes everyone wont be happy and some may lose from it and some may win from it but at the end of the day its what makes this game so good right now. Not everythings set in stone and the devs are actually taking player feedback into concideration. Cant thank you enough.

Greoatef
02-22-2018, 11:58 AM
Imagine how difficult it is to predict the outcome of gear stat choices and its overal effects in game these days, in the old days without awakenings, jewels, high level caps, arcane artifact boosts etc etc etc it must have been relatively simple .... but now wewwwwww ... so very many variables
I mean sts can predict a certain amount of the effects of items, but until they are truly implemented it must be soooo difficult to really know.
It makes sense to cap the ds boss percent damage ... i think its correct to balance it out, it would be nice that the ds remains capped at m6 as it is now so that players dont feel the difference until the next expansion imho?

As with all things its about balance ... so sometimes in order for the greater good things have to be tweeked as things reveal themselves out of beta testing more correctly, else everything spirals out of control?
We should feel privelidged that sts are discussing things with the community openly so our ideas and thoughts can be taken into consideration, and so that sts can see the game from a different perspective and keep it on track.
The game developers own the right to change things as and when and how they see fit ... ultimately its for the games greater good and its continued progression?

If nothing is done about the current ds then it will never be superceeded in the game ... it has to be addressed

marsu4u
02-22-2018, 02:08 PM
Hey y'all!

What's Changing?

But Why?

What does this mean?

Anything else?

XD, theres also the immortal bow. It was really hitting the boss like a truck!

PatD
02-26-2018, 09:49 AM
Hi Vroom, as a warrior, if for example i happen to farm mauso 6 with 3 other warrior(i know, that would not be very wise but im curious), is there a way to kill boss in decent time? if so how? wich pet or wich wep?

Xxkayakxx
02-26-2018, 10:51 AM
XD, theres also the immortal bow. It was really hitting the boss like a truck!

In post “they” recourr a lot referring to weapons....
Drag Staff, that is the most effective, was took as example.

extrapayah
03-06-2018, 07:21 AM
is the change live? i heard rumors about the change, but i don't see any in game announcement about it @_@

VROOMIGoRealFast
03-06-2018, 11:26 AM
The change is not live yet, we also haven't announced when this is coming, just that it's coming!

Avaree
03-06-2018, 12:58 PM
The change is not live yet, we also haven't announced when this is coming, just that it's coming!

:vshock:
Shifty eyes

zabaletajd
03-06-2018, 01:40 PM
Hey hey mister fixer, let’s forget the ds for now and talk about what u guys said about maus gl, if my brain works will one of u guys said *u have maus for gold soo u don’t need any other map for high gl* and what i see as a avarice user i don’t get what i used to get in old times i run with around 500% gl maybe and still get lil gold and that’s piss me coze i run maus for gold and i lose more than what i get like what happened to *gold digging map*? And by removing the ds u need to give us something that do dmg for bosses coze it’s hard and just make sure to fix gl coze i don’t want avarice to lose the value it have now or u gona ruine this and it will be meh thanx again mister fixer <3 with love

Can't agree more. If Devs think that keep nerfing gold loot will make economy more stable, they thinking wrong. People will never drop down most items prices, so gold loot nerfed makes it WORST now. How come i have around 90%gl MORE than i had months before and I loot exactly the same than before ? Its not fair enough when you spent lot of gold in GL items, and people still selling items beyond the millions. I wanna see DEVS make a serious thread about the actual amount of gold loot per % and stop nerfing it, just cause now they think was a bad choise getting it into the game.

extrapayah
03-06-2018, 02:18 PM
thank you for the reply

Fyrce
03-06-2018, 07:08 PM

OMG, this is too funny. Because people are already saying how % weapons aren't as good as they used to be lololol.

ciagenny
03-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Does dragon blade been nerfed too? I felt the difference in the last few days. It only proc 4 times in 1 Maus 6 run when it used to be a lot of proc happening. I use full voice and mix of excellent and forti finnese jewels still got even twice proc came out in last Maus run. What is happening? I asked some other dragon blade user, they also say the difference in the past few days. The proc became rare! It's already hard to proc weapon, why nerfed? Seriously if this what's really happen no rogue will get invited on Maus. I use to proc on first charge attack now the proc just gone! Disappeared! I us the same skill and pet. Some info from other rogues, they also feel the difference at elite southern gate. Please confirm about this. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

VROOMIGoRealFast
03-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Does dragon blade been nerfed too? I felt the difference in the last few days. It only proc 4 times in 1 Maus 6 run when it used to be a lot of proc happening. I use full voice and mix of excellent and forti finnese jewels still got even twice proc came out in last Maus run. What is happening? I asked some other dragon blade user, they also say the difference in the past few days. The proc became rare! It's already hard to proc weapon, why nerfed? Seriously if this what's really happen no rogue will get invited on Maus. I use to proc on first charge attack now the proc just gone! Disappeared! I us the same skill and pet. Some info from other rogues, they also feel the difference at elite southern gate. Please confirm about this. Thank you in advance.

Nothing about proc rates have been changed, and specifically nothing has changed about the dragon blade.

Abuze
03-12-2018, 04:43 PM

+1 I agree with this fully.
Would devs tell us if they are privately nerfing or testing a nerf on live servers? Before gold, PvE kills maps in certain maps got 'nerf' but there was no official mention whatsoever.
The dragon staff got a lower DOT on its proc too, before a DS user could do more chunks of damage onto boss per DOT proc of the DS, now the DOT proc is way smaller.
These changes are very noticeable as many players run and use these weapons on a regular basis, if something is changed regarding these we notice them immediately.

Kindly ask the devs to be more transparent regarding these issues.
I get that nerfing what players use and love on a regular basis will bring dislike and drama on forums but lying is a whole other thing, if the case might be that they are in total honesty not nerfed then my bad for claiming these statements but from my perspective I've seen quite some differences.

Xtgem
03-12-2018, 09:29 PM
I like the change from proc rates dragon blade now, run muso becomes very difficult and challenging especially giant mob which is getting crazy because its very hard to get stun from dragon blade. And at that time I thought rogue was useless here lol

Xxkayakxx
03-13-2018, 02:28 AM
+1 I agree with this fully.
Would devs tell us if they are privately nerfing or testing a nerf on live servers? Before gold, PvE kills maps in certain maps got 'nerf' but there was no official mention whatsoever.
The dragon staff got a lower DOT on its proc too, before a DS user could do more chunks of damage onto boss per DOT proc of the DS, now the DOT proc is way smaller.
These changes are very noticeable as many players run and use these weapons on a regular basis, if something is changed regarding these we notice them immediately.

Kindly ask the devs to be more transparent regarding these issues.
I get that nerfing what players use and love on a regular basis will bring dislike and drama on forums but lying is a whole other thing, if the case might be that they are in total honesty not nerfed then my bad for claiming these statements but from my perspective I've seen quite some differences.

I see no difference in DOT on DS
Who run with me knows that I use to joke around saying “sell ds with lazy proc” time to time, and I do that from the beginning when maus was released. And now I don’t feel it’s any different. What changed is the massive use of tainted weapons, that having no “active” proc at all have a different impact in the gameplay (IMO).

ciagenny
03-13-2018, 03:02 AM
I won't run maus atm. I see everyone dying severely except the Warrior in random party when it wasn't so much like that in the past. Mage shield also has bug. Many have confirmed.

Xxkayakxx
03-13-2018, 08:58 AM
I won't run maus atm. I see everyone dying severely except the Warrior in random party when it wasn't so much like that in the past. Mage shield also has bug. Many have confirmed.

Interesting! Which kind of bug? Can you share some detail? Happens that I make pulls raising my shield as I always did and nothing different from before imo. Same when I check maus maps up to m5 (check I mean dead ends, treasure rooms etc).

I have the pleasure and luck to run with some of the best players around and obviusly those runs are smooth and fast.
Totally different when I go random and you see players with big room in improvement, not just equip but also strategy/pets.
It’s a long time I use the same build/equip and Imo what really affect the run is which kind of party you run with.

The only thing that imo is different in maus is that Toxy AA doesn’t stun anymore boss like before.

Just sharing my opinion :)

ciagenny
03-13-2018, 09:03 AM
Interesting! Which kind of bug? Can you share some detail? Happens that I make pulls raising my shield as I always did and nothing different from before imo. Same when I check maus up to m5.

I have the pleasure and luck to run with some of the best players around and obviusly those runs are smooth and fast.
Totally different when I go random and you see players with big room in improvement, not just equip but also strategy/pets.
It’s a long time I use the same build/equip and Imo what really affect the run is which kind of party you run with.

The only thing that imo is different in maus is that Toxy AA doesn’t stun anymore boss like before.

Just sharing my opinion :)Still get stunned even when shield on. They were on elite southern gate. No precise info from those running in maus. This is a bit off topic :) I thought maybe there is a bug regarding dragon blade because the Mage's shield seem so. I have no idea. I will wait a little while before taking decision about my dragon blade.

Xxkayakxx
03-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Still get stunned even when shield on. They were on elite southern gate. No precise info from those running in maus. This is a bit off topic :) I thought maybe there is a bug regarding dragon blade because the Mage's shield seem so. I have no idea. I will wait a little while before taking decision about my dragon blade.

Thanks a lot for those info :)
I can only speak about maus as I’m collecting aps there and basically only run there.....
Anyway you are right we are off topic xD I’ll end it here ;)
Thanks again!

VROOMIGoRealFast
03-13-2018, 11:22 AM

I just double checked because this was news to me, and the Dragon Staff has never had the DOT on its proc reduced or changed in any way.

We do want to be transparent with you all (which is why I make threads like this) but we can only go so far if you just don't believe us ;)

Endroids
03-13-2018, 12:51 PM
I just double checked because this was news to me, and the Dragon Staff has never had the DOT on its proc reduced or changed in any way.

We do want to be transparent with you all (which is why I make threads like this) but we can only go so far if you just don't believe us ;)

Can you double check dragon daggers for us rogues too? <3
I’m also seeing less proc in the daggers than usual. Thank you :D

Abuze
03-13-2018, 01:11 PM
I see no difference in DOT on DS
Who run with me knows that I use to joke around saying “sell ds with lazy proc” time to time, and I do that from the beginning when maus was released. And now I don’t feel it’s any different. What changed is the massive use of tainted weapons, that having no “active” proc at all have a different impact in the gameplay (IMO).

I don't mean DS being lazy as you say or the term also used sometimes "china ds".
The proc rate is dependent on the user.
I'm on about the DOT proc when DS isn't being 'lazy', before I noticed it chunking the boss more with each hit, now I notice the chunks being smaller. Some see it too, others claim its still the same.

Abuze
03-13-2018, 01:13 PM

Thank you for reply and appreciate the transparency.
Could this be the issue causing drag dags to be less effective against mobs and bosses? https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?419405-possible-issue-undead-skeleton-rogues-in-mausoleum-graveyard-are-immune-to-ice-now

ciagenny
03-13-2018, 04:23 PM
Thank you for reply and appreciate the transparency.
Could this be the issue causing drag dags to be less effective against mobs and bosses? https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?419405-possible-issue-undead-skeleton-rogues-in-mausoleum-graveyard-are-immune-to-ice-nowIn addition note : dragon blade stun isn't working at Maus / graveyard only but also in elite southern gate, Heston and Preston cannot be stunned.

Kystone
03-13-2018, 07:41 PM
Yayyyyyyyyy

Shishkova
03-14-2018, 12:02 AM
Idk but in forgotten ruins, my drag blades are stunning less than it should. This is wierd to me :/

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

ciagenny
03-17-2018, 03:46 AM
Dragon blade proc still not working, mage shield still has bug after twice update. I still have hope for dragon blade like sts said that they are being transparent of not nerfing it, so please..
Have tainted dagger with more gl but I prefer dragon blade. Running Maus become much longer now and more dominated with Mages and war.

Rosybuds
03-18-2018, 12:50 PM
Dragon blade proc still not working, mage shield still has bug after twice update. I still have hope for dragon blade like sts said that they are being transparent of not nerfing it, so please..
Have tainted dagger with more gl but I prefer dragon blade. Running Maus become much longer now and more dominated with Mages and war.

I just tried my daggers as I dont use them anymore so dusted them off & ran full map it was just like fighting with a normal set of Blades.
No Stun on a single enemy never mind jumping too other mob members.
Afraid Ciagenny is right something has went wrong some where..
Guys �� ⚔️ Please Devs ��have a look ��

Avaree
03-20-2018, 06:27 PM
Tbh the DB should have never been able to control mobs the way they did. Thats the mages' job. Rogues' job is to take out the main threats first, not keep mobs stunned.

Alwarez
03-20-2018, 10:35 PM
Ironic how rogue and warrior non% weapons got nerfed instead of ds

PsychoNuke
03-21-2018, 06:19 AM
Its so funny (and sad at the same time) to see that people believe in in-game rumors more than a developer's word.
Guys if they would have nerfed anything then it would have been visible to all users. + They wouldn't have made this thread if they wanted to do it secretly.
Please use your own head and start thinking rationally, it will only benefit you. Good day.

PsychoNuke
03-21-2018, 06:29 AM
The issue with stuns is global, its not limited to weapons, but pets and skills are affected as well. Check https://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?111-AL-Technical-Issues-and-Bugs for more info.

Alwarez
03-21-2018, 08:06 AM
Its so funny (and sad at the same time) to see that people believe in in-game rumors more than a developer's word.
Guys if they would have nerfed anything then it would have been visible to all users. + They wouldn't have made this thread if they wanted to do it secretly.
Please use your own head and start thinking rationally, it will only benefit you. Good day.

I have seen myself that dragon blades barely stun a single mob and there is no chance it will spread to the rest of pack anymore.

And purpose of this thread is informing about to changes to dragon staff, but something went wrong and other dragon weaps are nerfed instead

PsychoNuke
03-21-2018, 09:14 AM
I have seen myself that dragon blades barely stun a single mob and there is no chance it will spread to the rest of pack anymore.

And purpose of this thread is informing about to changes to dragon staff, but something went wrong and other dragon weaps are nerfed instead

You forgot to read my post below that :p
The issue with stuns is caused due to some changes in new client, it has nothing to do with DS, check the reported issues in the link provided. Ty :).

Paw
03-21-2018, 10:15 AM

Got near 1m Mauso points and probably done the 1k Vori/Lich AP twice over. Theres definitely something not right with the DS. its proc rate is the same but each chunk of damage it takes is definitely less. We want to help you find the issue and fix it but we can only go so far if you just dont believe us ;)

Paw
03-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Tbh the DB should have never been able to control mobs the way they did. Thats the mages' job. Rogues' job is to take out the main threats first, not keep mobs stunned.

Forget what it should or shouldnt do. We just want to know if and when changes are made. Thats all we ask for. Not just wake up one day to a Dragon Blade that doesnt do what i bought it to do

Abuze
03-21-2018, 11:36 AM

There have been multiple nerfs in game without devs mentioning them. I choose not to believe a single person blindly.
Still remember during the release how Lich, Devs stated the bugged Lich was how it was meant to, prob wasted around 50 ankhs per person to kill bugged Lich and so did many many others, meanwhile people told devs about the bugged Lich but decs stated it worked just fine.
This is just all an example, I for one would love to see devs more active in game and not just sitting in houses or running event, actually see them actively do a Mau map, example if devs would be actively play during the release of Lich it would have been fixed way faster and players wouldn't have wasted so many ankhs.

Regarding the stun immunity being a bug, why is there no mention saying this will be fixed? If I'm blind and failed to see a mention of this anywhere pls share the link.

Easy said for a rogue that is one of the most maxed out in arlor.
For a rogue to do its 'job' properly they need NM set + Arc shivs to have enough damage output on mobs, tainted set doesn't do enough damage (don't even have to mention how futile tainted bow is in mau).
Things aren't what they should be right now in mau yes. But the answer for this isn't nerfing every weapon for the release of new weapons. The POV from Avaree that Rogues shouldn't be the ones to CC may work in every other map but for a rogue to be do what they must do which is MAX single target damage you will need to be a richy rich, meanwhile rogues that used dragon dags before did their best to adapt, change role and go from damage to CC, you see sometimes in life u gotto adapt.
If dragon dags got nerfed or as the someone else said 'is bugged' since they shoud not be able to CC that well then why is there a terrorblade? Doesn't that have the same effect if not better has a rogue's glintset? Isn't that a form of CC? Does that mean we can expect a nerf on TB too, since tanks aren't meant to CC

The issue here isn't that rogues shouldn't be able to CC. It is that STS should stop nerfing weapons to increase the need for the weapons coming in the future. Bc of these nerfs to hexstaff, drag dags these 2 classes are also unable to jewel farm anymore, increasing the need for tanks to jewel farm (aegis nerf next maybe maybe not). Instead of nerfing these weapons leave them as they were. Just make apply to same tactic as Arcane ring being too OP. Or just remove of effect completely of these so called OP weapons for the coming expan but be sure to warn the players or else I see pitchforks in the future.

This is all just my take on how things are right now. If I have offended anyone, this was not my intention.

Magemagix
03-21-2018, 12:17 PM
I personally love drag blades since the time there were introduced. Its a grt cc dagg that helps to solo maps even elites. Its better to keep it the way it was before( gud stun bt low dmg overtime).

Nerfing it jst makes it useless. No dmg no cc. Jst junk in ur inventory.

Plz fix the bug with drag blades after this event.

Avaree
03-21-2018, 04:36 PM
Easy said for a rogue that is one of the most maxed out in arlor.
For a rogue to do its 'job' properly they need NM set + Arc shivs to have enough damage output on mobs, tainted set doesn't do enough damage (don't even have to mention how futile tainted bow is in mau).
I ran maus into mid season 10 with dusk daggers and pink gears, when most rogues I knew used DB & voice set. Eventually I did upgrade to voice set, then nm set and tainted blades for maus. JS, DB do way less dmg than tainted blades.

The issue here isn't that rogues shouldn't be able to CC. It is that STS should stop nerfing weapons to increase the need for the weapons coming in the future. Bc of these nerfs to hexstaff, drag dags these 2 classes are also unable to jewel farm anymore, increasing the need for tanks to jewel farm (aegis nerf next maybe maybe not). Instead of nerfing these weapons leave them as they were. Just make apply to same tactic as Arcane ring being too OP. Or just remove of effect completely of these so called OP weapons for the coming expan but be sure to warn the players or else I see pitchforks in the future. You said:

......you see sometimes in life u gotto adapt.(Farming jewels still can be done without DB.)

...If I have offended anyone, this was not my intention. (: likewise

*I hope I don't duplicate this post.* My apologies if I did. (:

Paw
03-21-2018, 06:10 PM
Changes happen all the time and we accept that. People could run naked with a common stick for all that matters. The main issue is obviously everyone has noticed somethings changed with the mentioned weapons. Either it was an intended change and Sts forgot to mention it or didnt explain it properly.... or its a bug and Sts will fix it. All we want is clarity and we will put our pitchforks away

Abuze
03-21-2018, 08:57 PM
I ran maus into mid season 10 with dusk daggers and pink gears, when most rogues I knew used DB & voice set. Eventually I did upgrade to voice set, then nm set and tainted blades for maus. JS, DB do way less dmg than tainted blades.

You said:
(Farming jewels still can be done without DB.)

(: likewise

*I hope I don't duplicate this post.* My apologies if I did. (:

According to most people I run with it is their preference to have a db rogue instead of using pinks or tainted set(not meant as an offense), rogues can barely do any damage in mau compared to what mages can pull off atm, while rogues aren't exactly satisfied with this position they deal with it, if one wants to fulfill their 'role' as a rogue they go for nm set and shivs which does make these type of rogues more viable than rogues that prioritize CC but the cost difference is immense.
I have used drag dags in mau since the moment I saw that rogue aren't going to be the damage dealers in mau, in combination with dragon drags I use glint set to make my role pure CC and from all the runs that I've done not a single party has complained, even when running with randoms people have instead befriended me for my playstyle since it provides more safer and effectful runs from my perspective.
Btw for rogues there's was only one way of jewel farming efficiently this being dragon dags. Which can has its gain decreased beyond bothering to do it on rogue anymore.

Not directed at the OP:
It was in no way needed to change drag dags or change the stun immunity as they say. If devs can make a debate thread regarding boss % weapons why wasn't there one regarding stun immunity? While drag dags still have a slight use their potential has been decreased immensely. This brings me back to repeating things that I've said before. The future of Al shouldn't be that old weapons need to be nerfed in order for newer weapons to gain their popularity.

Zynzyn
03-24-2018, 10:48 AM
Just noticed this thread. Good move team, it was required for the health of the game. And thank you to Vroom for taking the time to explain in detail about the changes.:encouragement:

Anil LK Joseph
03-24-2018, 03:01 PM
Why did y'all nerf the Dragon blades lv46

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

ciagenny
03-26-2018, 02:33 AM
Was last Friday the last fixed update bug? No more fix? I haven't seen significant change on dragon blade :/ still rare proc.
I run with some rogues using nightmare set and the proc works better (but still can't stun trolls and bosses) I'm using voice set, the set supposed to be for Maus and get no proc? :/ it isn't fair. I would not complain if I use legendary set and get rare proc like I did when I first run maus but I was saving a lot to buy voice set, the one set supposed to be for Maus and now I don't have the dragon blade proc?
Tell me if there is gonna be another fixing of this 'bug' it's been 3 times update in 3 weeks of fixing but... :/ what went wrong?
I wish sts would try to run at Maus using this blade with legendary or voice to see themselves the rare proc.
What is the purpose of having a rogue at Maus now? They can simply run with 1 tank and 3 Mages. Boses are killed by mage Ds. Mobs are killed by Mages wildfire or rotting flesh. I don't see the importance of a rogue without dragon blade now.
Talking about adjustment of change, rogue already did since Maus was created, we don't own the bosses, we or sts give it to Mages. So Yes we do adapt to take care of the mobs, Even we do share the part or get help by Mages flame and immo staff. But Now we lost the cc part too. I wonder what rogue should do at Maus.
Funny how this thread starts by talking about nerfing Ds but dragon blade is the one which 'got attacked' and I don't see any complain about Ds til now. Please sts fix this 'bug' or whatever it is called or tell us that dragon blade is just been nerfed. Thank you.

VROOMIGoRealFast
03-26-2018, 01:31 PM
Again, nothing mentioned in this thread has actually been pushed to live, and no nerfs were made to the Dragon Hunter Blades.

Fyrce
03-26-2018, 01:51 PM
Perhaps it was an unintended consequence. I myself have not played that much outside of events, since the changes, so I do not know anything for sure.

Abuze
03-26-2018, 04:42 PM
Again, nothing mentioned in this thread has actually been pushed to live, and no nerfs were made to the Dragon Hunter Blades.

Maybe we are addressing the issue wrong? Should we say perhaps that the latest immunity change has caused dragon dags to be way less effective?
Not only does the stun proc chain break more easily and trigger less easily but some mobs are immune to it now. On top of that you can't stun the healing boss in mau (fish brain forgot the name lol) or try and break corvis his shield using drag dags, these are all game mechanics nothing about this is a bug.
You know what is a bug tho? Getting stunned by that bomb timer or whatever when fighting lich even if you have stun cancelling AA's or skills active.

Anil LK Joseph
03-26-2018, 06:10 PM
Again, nothing mentioned in this thread has actually been pushed to live, and no nerfs were made to the Dragon Hunter Blades.If no nerfs were made LOOK into it please it's very useless now and pushing away your fans tbh

ciagenny
03-27-2018, 08:39 AM
Maybe we are addressing the issue wrong? Should we say perhaps that the latest immunity change has caused dragon dags to be way less effective?
Not only does the stun proc chain break more easily and trigger less easily but some mobs are immune to it now. On top of that you can't stun the healing boss in mau (fish brain forgot the name lol) or try and break corvis his shield using drag dags, these are all game mechanics nothing about this is a bug.
You know what is a bug tho? Getting stunned by that bomb timer or whatever when fighting lich even if you have stun cancelling AA's or skills active.I think sts also confuse here. Heck, if the setting could be revert to like a month ago :( like windows do *shrugs*

will0
03-27-2018, 06:19 PM
i believe may be link to this : https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?419405-undead-skeleton-rogues-in-mausoleum-graveyard-are-immune-to-ice-now

"We made an internal change to how stuns were categorized, and it looks like some of our freezes got considered stuns.

This will be fixed in the next patch!

(as for Dragon Blades/Toxy/Arcane Shield I cannot reproduce any issues with these things and everything appears to be working correctly so I'll leave those for separate threads)"

Anil LK Joseph
03-27-2018, 09:41 PM
i believe may be link to this : https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?419405-undead-skeleton-rogues-in-mausoleum-graveyard-are-immune-to-ice-now

"We made an internal change to how stuns were categorized, and it looks like some of our freezes got considered stuns.

This will be fixed in the next patch!

(as for Dragon Blades/Toxy/Arcane Shield I cannot reproduce any issues with these things and everything appears to be working correctly so I'll leave those for separate threads)"Nope it's ruining rogues (class in pve)