PDA

View Full Version : What if this was a thing in arcane legends? Let me know what you guys think!

Flamesofanger
02-23-2018, 08:45 AM
Heyyy everyone!, what if we had a world raid system/event. Of mobs like for example, a wave of skeletons ambushing a town once the global timer counts down to 0 and once you kill all the wave of mobs, like for example, 5/5 of waves.

Items drop for everyone, like for example:

.Locked crate
.Gear piece
.Gold drop
.Egg

And the system message in the global chat is like: "Somberholt is under siege! Hurry legends go and save the towns people of somberholt!"
& "Somberholt has been saved from the siege! Well done heroes of legend!"

Q&A Highlights.
Mmmm I dont think so , ppl r often afk in towns and would be killed. So -1 from me.

Thanks, its a very good idea, and we should have it.
Though there is one problem: such scenarios are very easy to bot, because the mobs will be coming to the player.
Its easy when the map is predictable, this is the reason somber has random maps and mob spawn. If we can find a way around it then I think we have a very good class based scenario in hand, something to test your skills and might :D

Ans:We can prevent botting by placing the loot in random spots of the map once the raid finishes, and once the loot drops there will be an arrow on the screen to indicate where the loot has dropped so players can follow and pick the loot up, and this might even help the devs catch bot users quicker.

And for the people afk'ing in town. There will be a shield cast apon everyone in town until they move, the shield is worn off just like the shields in pvp.

My question is what about the low levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ans:Low levels will be left out of raids due to the possibility of bot abuse, for example. A level 10 botter gets a ban hammer, a new low level bot will appear quickly due to the low level cap being fast to replicate.

But if a high level like a level 61+ botter gets a ban hammer it will be very hard for the bot user to make a comeback.

And making this type of a raid a high level zone exclusive will encourage a lot of players to come to endgame.

Not only that, this might even help developers find bot users fast incase of any suspicious activities during raids.

Maybe it's cool but what if that event launched, and every week and every days happen, AL will be uncool and so on it will be boring, that's what I'm thinking, if you don't agree I don't mind.

Sent from my OMEGA HD 3S using Tapatalk
Ans:We have the old same elite maps of older caps before which haven't been scaled to a new cap. I don't see anything changing.

everything seems the same to me.

i love the idea, although i think it could cause issues if no good players were in a town getting spawn killed, sometimes windmoore wouldn't really have a chance

Ans:Once a player enters the raid zone they'll have a shield on them until they move or use a skill just like in pvp.

Ocanaasibe
02-23-2018, 09:13 AM
Hahahaha that smurf

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Suentous PO
02-23-2018, 09:17 AM
Sounds fun but wouldn't it be tough on wars and super easy for staff mages (best cc)?

Tippertwo
02-23-2018, 09:39 AM
@Flames, you always have good ideas :) This looks like it’d be a lot of fun

Xxkayakxx
02-23-2018, 09:52 AM
that blue ......thing is a mob ....or a miniboss....or a boss right?
Tell me I’m right please -.-‘

Oakmaiden
02-23-2018, 10:02 AM
Mmmm I dont think so , ppl r often afk in towns and would be killed. So -1 from me.

Jawr
02-23-2018, 10:05 AM
Saw many bad threads but this.. lol

Tippertwo
02-23-2018, 10:06 AM

You could make a separate town specifically designed for mob killing.
Though, it would be more work on the devs’ part

im jeff
02-23-2018, 10:11 AM
Lol did u get this off of Dungeon Defenders

marsu4u
02-23-2018, 11:57 AM
+1 interesting idea haha

Abuze
02-23-2018, 12:14 PM
Imagine a hoard full of curse mages now that would be fun.

Lethoiun
02-23-2018, 01:11 PM
Great idea!

Terrorshock1
02-23-2018, 01:14 PM
+1
I dont pve much or at all but tbh this sounds great makes me actually wanna pve

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Flamesofanger
02-23-2018, 01:22 PM
Omg....thank you everyone for your comments...it means alot to me.....

The thanks button is limited, i have to wait 24 hours :eek:

I wish i could give each and everyones posts a thanks! :sorrow:

Anehazaz
02-23-2018, 01:22 PM
Sounds kinda fun especially if there was a chance of something unique in drops!

wowdah
02-23-2018, 05:31 PM
cool idea tbh, reminds me of like zombies.

PsychoNuke
02-23-2018, 08:21 PM
Though there is one problem: such scenarios are very easy to bot, because the mobs will be coming to the player.
Its easy when the map is predictable, this is the reason somber has random maps and mob spawn. If we can find a way around it then I think we have a very good class based scenario in hand, something to test your skills and might :D

cannedheat
02-23-2018, 10:30 PM
Would be cool to fix lagg first thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flamesofanger
02-24-2018, 01:28 AM

We can prevent botting by placing the loot in random spots of the map once the raid finishes, and once the loot drops there will be an arrow on the screen to indicate where the loot has dropped so players can follow and pick the loot up, and this might even help the devs catch bot users quicker.

And for the people afk'ing in town. There will be a shield cast apon everyone in town until they move, the shield is worn off just like the shields in pvp.

fozxh
02-25-2018, 02:04 AM

Flamesofanger
02-25-2018, 03:50 AM

Low levels will be left out of raids due to the possibility of bot abuse, for example. A level 10 botter gets a ban hammer, a new low level bot will appear quickly due to the low level cap being fast to replicate.

But if a high level like a level 61+ botter gets a ban hammer it will be very hard for the bot user to make a comeback.

And making this type of a raid a high level zone exclusive will encourage a lot of players to come to endgame.

Not only that, this might even help developers find bot users fast incase of any suspicious activities during raids.

Jawr
02-25-2018, 08:08 AM
Thread is funny and these players who support this are even more, can you please only imagine lag on that town with all that pets, buffs, procs.. Take a nap bruh

Flamesofanger
02-25-2018, 09:20 AM
Thread is funny and these players who support this are even more, can you please only imagine lag on that town with all that pets, buffs, procs.. Take a nap bruh

Have you ever ran mausoleum and graveyard and did a pull? Also please do not insult & degrade people just cause you don't get

things your way. Everyone has a different opinion. And i sleep properly like everyone else and it's up to me when i do, thank you for your

concern.

Please no salt. Thank you and i hope your day gets a little better and you don't feel down. @Jawr

draaal
02-26-2018, 04:20 AM
Maybe it's cool but what if that event launched, and every week and every days happen, AL will be uncool and so on it will be boring, that's what I'm thinking, if you don't agree I don't mind.

Xxkayakxx
02-26-2018, 04:51 AM
Have you ever ran mausoleum and graveyard and did a pull? Also please do not insult & degrade people just cause you don't get

things your way. Everyone has a different opinion. And i sleep properly like everyone else and it's up to me when i do, thank you for your

concern.

Please no salt. Thank you and i hope your day gets a little better and you don't feel down. @Jawr

Don’t
feed
The
Troll

Flamesofanger
02-26-2018, 08:42 AM
Don’t
feed
The
Troll
Yeah i agree, true.

Huh? I'm kinda confused, i'm sorry. Also, don't we have the old same elite maps of older caps before which haven't been scaled to a new cap? I don't see anything changing.

everything seems the same to me.

Flamesofanger
02-26-2018, 09:52 AM
Thread has been updated, added a questions and answers section on the threads first page.

draaal
02-26-2018, 10:36 AM
Yeah i agree, true.

Huh? I'm kinda confused, i'm sorry. Also, don't we have the old same elite maps of older caps before which haven't been scaled to a new cap? I don't see anything changing.

everything seems the same to me.I mean what if, that thing you said happens, but only in chancel, just like your photo have shown, so how about the low lvl, and the other lvl 40-54, that can enter? Only high lvl will be grateful for it,.. I'm sorry but im even confused to that.

Eagleeye922
02-26-2018, 11:05 AM
Just no...

/11chars

Flamesofanger
02-26-2018, 11:08 AM
I mean what if, that thing you said happens, but only in chancel, just like your photo have shown, so how about the low lvl, and the other lvl 40-54, that can enter? Only high lvl will be grateful for it,.. I'm sorry but im even confused to that.

The "Yeah i agree, true." Was a response to Xxkayakxx' post above. Just to clear the confusion, my bad. Back to the topic at hand. Low levels are left out due to the possibility of mass botting and better to encourage alot of players to go to endgame so they can explore more places and earn more loot.

Just no...

/11chars
Thank you for the feedback.

Tippertwo
02-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Well I think this would be fun :) we could have separate towns for different levels or such.

PsychoNuke
02-26-2018, 09:16 PM

The town is not going to be one instance with zillions of players. It will be a scenario to solo or with a party.
Don't leave your commonsense behind in dreamworld sleepyhead :)

badgirlchlo
02-26-2018, 10:45 PM
i love the idea, although i think it could cause issues if no good players were in a town getting spawn killed, sometimes windmoore wouldn't really have a chance

Jawr
02-27-2018, 02:01 AM
The town is not going to be one instance with zillions of players. It will be a scenario to solo or with a party.
Don't leave your commonsense behind in dreamworld sleepyhead :)Lmaooooooooo bruhhhh, why would someone go solo or party in some town which is for netfix and chill (lol) you have tons of maps where you can PvE and currently best one is Mausoleum (yeah it's boring but at least you can drop gold and some items), however let's wait next expansion they said this is going to be the biggest one yet so probably much more maps much more items, etc.. It's funny the only people who comment some threads are those who are AFK in guild castle then they come and starts with some "wise" suggestions but I hope sts close this thread. I can understand Flamesofanger trying to get attention but nobody should cross the border.

Flamesofanger
02-27-2018, 03:31 AM
Don't leave your commonsense behind in dreamworld sleepyhead :)
I agree with you.

Once a player enters the raid zone they'll have a shield on them until they move or use a skill just like in pvp.

Lmaooooooooo bruhhhh, why would someone go solo or party in some town which is for netfix and chill (lol) you have tons of maps where you can PvE and currently best one is Mausoleum (yeah it's boring but at least you can drop gold and some items), however let's wait next expansion they said this is going to be the biggest one yet so probably much more maps much more items, etc.. It's funny the only people who comment some threads are those who are AFK in guild castle then they come and starts with some "wise" suggestions but I hope sts close this thread. I can understand Flamesofanger trying to get attention but nobody should cross the border.
Please do not start drama @Jawr i'm sorry if you're feeling very upset. I hope you day improves and you have a bit of fun to cheer you up! Take care.

Java
02-27-2018, 05:02 AM
I've seen this in other games..zone events were random and announced in system chat. Most lasted 5-10 mins. They used various things like: a horde of zombies, attacking barbarians, an elite boss or giant monster. They were event features, rare spawns or triggered by certain community goals.

PsychoNuke
02-27-2018, 05:39 AM
Lmaooooooooo bruhhhh, why would someone go solo or party in some town which is for netfix and chill (lol) you have tons of maps where you can PvE and currently best one is Mausoleum (yeah it's boring but at least you can drop gold and some items), however let's wait next expansion they said this is going to be the biggest one yet so probably much more maps much more items, etc.. It's funny the only people who comment some threads are those who are AFK in guild castle then they come and starts with some "wise" suggestions but I hope sts close this thread. I can understand Flamesofanger trying to get attention but nobody should cross the border.

I like having a conversation with people who can articulate their thoughts with some intellect. But I will make an exception here.
I believe you did not understand the concept. Have you ever played survival mode in any game? It's almost same, basically waves of enemies coming to the players from every direction. As an example of the map the OP used Somber town (this can be any area), triggered by a world event timer (just like cryo and northal). The difficulty of enemies will increase every wave, as well as the rarity of the loot.
I took my time to reply and explain to you because I didn't understand your out of context comment at all. Kindly do not bother replying to this post if you intend to act the same way. Ty.

PS: There is only 1O in "LMAO" and 1H in "Bruh" (echo perhaps?). A word of advise: don't bruh me ever again. Ty.

Flamesofanger
02-27-2018, 05:51 AM
I like having a conversation with people who can articulate their thoughts with some intellect. But I will make an exception here.
I believe you did not understand the concept. Have you ever played survival mode in any game? It's almost same, basically waves of enemies coming to the players from every direction. As an example of the map the OP used Somber town (this can be any area), triggered by a world event timer (just like cryo and northal). The difficulty of enemies will increase every wave, as well as the rarity of the loot.
I took my time to reply and explain to you because I didn't understand your out of context comment at all. Kindly do not bother replying to this post if you intend to act the same way. Ty.

PS: There is only 1O in "LMAO" and 1H in "Bruh" (echo perhaps?). A word of advise: don't bruh me ever again. Ty.

Well said, PsychoNuke! well said! i agree with you 100%. And yes, please jawr do not be so negative. Maybe if you show some positivity you might become a happier person. Take care!

Jawr
02-27-2018, 09:44 AM

PS: There is only 1O in "LMAO" and 1H in "Bruh" (echo perhaps?). A word of advise: don't bruh me ever again. Ty.Bruh I remember you when you begged me for pink items and today he teaches me how to write, woah how time changed! If your goal is to make Arcane Legends same as other games with that spawning idea then you know what you need to do bruh.

Tippertwo
02-27-2018, 10:18 AM
Okkk so we started with an idea, and now we're in the drama zone? I'm not sure I understand how that happened :| What happened to talking about Flames' gaming idea?

Flamesofanger
02-27-2018, 11:58 AM
Please guys. I kindly request you to not start drama. It's not worth it and you get nothing out of it. This is just a game. We are all here to be unified and have fun!

I hope you guys have a fantastic day. Please. No salt. Thank you.

Flamesofanger
02-28-2018, 04:14 AM
Please, guys no drama let's all just stop and be friends.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xec3xs1W2TU