PDA

View Full Version : my idea :)

Aradraca
11-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Ok I will have to ask samhayne for permission first but what do you think about pl police. I thought of this when I was in forest haven and some people started being really rude, this again occured in balefort. Maybe there should be one for each town too. :)

JaytB
11-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Everyone can report anyone. I don't see the need of a 'police' force in PL. And when you're saying that every town need one, how will that work? Should there be a player in each instance of a town? FH alone can easily have 20+ instances already. And what about the empty towns? Should a player just stand there all day hoping someone pops in? Another point, flaming is often done in PM's, no way a regular player can catch that.

Just my thoughts :)

Unmillione
11-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Everyone can report anyone. I don't see the need of a 'police' force in PL. And when you're saying that every town need one, how will that work? Should there be a player in each instance of a town? FH alone can easily have 20+ instances already. And what about the empty towns? Should a player just stand there all day hoping someone pops in? Another point, flaming is often done in PM's, no way a regular player can catch that.

Just my thoughts :)

I agree with jay... Not really going to help in my opinion

Aradraca
11-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Most people just believe someone esle will report, but no1 does as for private messaging maybe the person could the one pl police person, they could tell a dev and a dev could have a look and see.

Unmillione
11-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Most people just believe someone esle will report, but no1 does as for private messaging maybe the person could the one pl police person, they could tell a dev and a dev could have a look and see.

Makes no sense. From what I can make out Devs already look at the chat when you email them.

JaytB
11-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Most people just believe someone esle will report, but no1 does

What's that based on?? Most of my friends (and myself), report immediately when they see extremely rude behavior.

Ixillicus
11-06-2011, 07:41 AM
What's that based on?? Most of my friends (and myself), report immediately when they see extremely rude behavior.

I concur.

Roc
11-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Perhaps this is based on the sheer number of reports that STS receives. In the time it takes STS to look over chat records, the person abusing the system continues to curse, say derogatory slurs, etc. I am greatly appreciative of the report system, but this suggestion of a PL police (while I agree has some practicality issues) would expedite the system to minimize lag time between report and results. At least, as I understand the suggestion ;)

Zeus
11-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Remember, with power comes great responsibility.

I don't mean to offend anybody, but I can only think of a few that would be able to control not being a power trip about this. Then again, those very same people probably wouldn't want the job.

Also, regarding the PM situation, when a developer is in towne, they can see ALL chat. Even somebody's PMs.

RedRyder
11-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Then the Alterra police will become like the uchiha's in Naruto and attempt a coup d'état on STS.
All jokes aside, like everyone else said, it isn't needed. We're all "police" and fully capable of using the report button :)

Roc
11-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Then the Alterra police will become like the uchiha's in Naruto and attempt a coup d'état on STS.
All jokes aside, like everyone else said, it isn't needed. We're all "police" and fully capable of using the report button :)

Itachi = awesome, Sasuke = fail, the real Madara = win ;) luckily the report button is indeed equal to a good resource!

Zeus
11-06-2011, 01:21 PM
It's called a Civilian's arrest. :) Sorry, just had to pull that. Hehe

Pakax
11-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Rhetorical question, but if you have police, u need a jail. How would this work?

I agree this is not required tho.

Ixillicus
11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Letting players ban or mute other players could lead to abuse. Also, lines can be blurred between what is acceptable and not. This could lead to the loss of players that STS would otherwise wish to keep, and as such these actions should remain at the discretion of STS. All we can do is report to alert them of the situation and they will take any action deemed appropriate.

Bunnyshoota
11-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Rhetorical question, but if you have police, u need a jail. How would this work?

I agree this is not required tho.
Lol. Jail=Temporary ban sentence? (or maybe FH confinement)

Trollee
11-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Remember, with power comes great responsibility.

SpiderMan FTW!

Gaddy
11-07-2011, 12:22 AM
YAY! More Filth!