PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about pve kills, hauntlet and auto pilot aps

Masked
02-27-2018, 12:50 PM
I have a huge FL, and noticed many players camped in hauntlet. 12+ hours for some. Same routine house/ huaunted. Rinse and repeat. This not only kicks legitimate players from their hard earned honest work, but gives an unfair advance to those who have guilds full of players who are using this method to keep their guild in the top guilds.

Take away pve kills for hauntlet.

danishahmed
02-27-2018, 12:51 PM
+1

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

im jeff
02-27-2018, 12:57 PM
Idk how they make auto bots to do it for them, must be difficult for it to not mess up and miss 1 shot on the enemies etc

Masked
02-27-2018, 01:06 PM
Obviously its easy, because numbers dont’t lie :beaten:

Gouiwaa9000
02-27-2018, 01:27 PM
Hauntlet is the only chance of ever catching up to players with 1m+ kills , where else are we supposed to farm pve ?

They are able to easily bot because the skill cap of AL is so low , even a scrip that does nothing but move and spam attacks can successfully complete a map . Make the actual game harder - at least remove the ridiculous auto aim system that lets you hit anything in a 360 degree radius as long as its in range without even moving .

But im legit surprised that someone managed to write something that bots Hauntlet , if you ever tried to write a bot for anything you will know how annoying it is when something is randomized . With all the pushing around those meteors do , good damage and kind of random mobs spawns + the need to kill ALL mobs for rooms to open it seems like it would be really hard to make a non-intelligent bot that wont get stuck against a wall or die . ( Unless they run the first part only , in that case you can easily spot a botter by recording the time they spend in hauntlet at least 10 times , and look for a pattern )

slaaayerrr
02-27-2018, 01:44 PM
but gives an unfair advance to those who have guilds full of players who are using this method to keep their guild in the top guilds.

and what? anyway we all know which guilds is tru top guilds and which of them full of trashes even if those guilds are at lb

This not only kicks legitimate players from their hard earned honest work

i'm not doing that thing, same as not even running hauntlet, but how u offer to new players (that type who cares about kills or kdr) to reach same pve kills as old players? maybe in maus without gears? and that "honest HARD work" what it means? maybe farming lockeds in km3/kt4 in old times or farming energy in any tombs with getting kills (when every tomb was counting kills)? yes it was so hard hahahahah

im jeff
02-27-2018, 02:12 PM
lol i prob have 150k pve kills total for all of my chars.

Oakmaiden
02-27-2018, 02:49 PM
lol i prob have 150k pve kills total for all of my chars.

Maybe u should spend more time playing the game than stalking forums.

wowdah
02-27-2018, 03:16 PM
@Gou Removing auto-aim isn't the way to go. For one, on pc it's hard to aim a certain direction, so those players will be disadvantaged. 2, it would completely change the rogue class, which would change the mechanics of many things, thus rendering the class much much worse. I think instead it's best to just make maps harder/weirder so it's not obvious to get pve kills with a bot.

Thewolfbull
02-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Idea: Add a new Elite PvE kill count that's seperate from old PvE kills that only counts kills in the hardest map at current cap and every expansion it changes to a new harder map. Events or any other map should'nt count for this just the hardest endgame map at that time.

PatD
02-27-2018, 03:42 PM
when you see someone with title "master of twilight" you know he is a real grinder regardless of his pve kill!

Masked
02-27-2018, 03:53 PM
i'm not doing that thing, same as not even running hauntlet, but how u offer new players (that type who cares about kills or pve kdr) to reach same pve kills as old players? maybe in maus without gears? and that "honest HARD work" what it means? maybe farming lockeds in km3 in old times or farming energy in any tombs with getting kills (when every tomb was counting kills)? yes it was so hard hahahahah

Ofc not for you, as you explained once to many of us, you just used chrome for multiple windows, near boss so your were able to duplicate drops at boss in km3. Maybe thats why you changed your name to insufferable?

For pve kills players can run elite citadel.

Jawr
02-27-2018, 03:58 PM
Maybe u should spend more time playing the game than stalking forums.Bruh I swear when I see you in game you got my "bow down" emotion, remember the name.

slaaayerrr
02-27-2018, 04:02 PM
near boss so your were able to duplicate drops at boss in km3. .
how u imagine that? i dont get it, never farmed km3 with using multiple windows, it was easier(faster) to make only by main in randoms than use multiple windows/devices.

Maybe thats why you changed your name to insufferable?
and what about my ign? i never tried to hide my previous igns

For pve kills players can run elite citadel.
new players also elite citadel? :D they will farm deaths there

im jeff
02-27-2018, 04:05 PM
Maybe u should spend more time playing the game than stalking forums.

I play the game as much as possible, i just rarely kill enemies XD.

Ucamaeben
02-27-2018, 08:04 PM
I’m not quite sure what the appeal of KDR counters are but I find myself looking at them.

It’s not really as big of a deal, it seems, as it was a couple of years ago.

Things have gotten a bit confusing with “this counts, that doesn’t count.”

Kershy
02-27-2018, 09:20 PM
I play the game as much as possible, i just rarely kill enemies XD.And there you have it

Captainrock
02-27-2018, 09:52 PM
If pve kills are removed from hauntlet then where are we supposed to farm kills?After reaching level 66 its really hard to get pve kills and hauntlet is the only option to get decent pve kills.
Nowadays every leaderboard guilds requires you to have specific pve kills,So if a player donot have a decent pve kdr they won't be able to join the top 10 Leaderboard guilds.
The top 5 guilds has many players with 1m+kills and removing pve kills from hauntlet will let these guilds to be in the same position for a very long period of time.
Some good really guilds wouldn't be able to complete with these guilds because of pve kills kdr.

If sts removes pve kills from hauntlet then they shouldn't consider pve kdr for guild ranking.

Gouiwaa9000
02-27-2018, 11:57 PM
@Gou Removing auto-aim isn't the way to go. For one, on pc it's hard to aim a certain direction, so those players will be disadvantaged. 2, it would completely change the rogue class, which would change the mechanics of many things, thus rendering the class much much worse. I think instead it's best to just make maps harder/weirder so it's not obvious to get pve kills with a bot.

An easier solution that does not include randomizing all maps or breaking the game would be :

Make a big "platform" ( about the size of a cottage house ) at the start of each map , it should have a small exit with a path way ( one turn ) that ends there where the normal start would be . Once players enter they will be randomly placed in one of the few pre-determined spawn points ( no algorithm , just RNG ) . This wont be hard for normal players .. since running a few extra meters before starting a map isnt exactly " hard " but it will make botting impossible since theres no way to know where you spawn and which keys will need to press to get to the "exit" .

wowdah
02-28-2018, 02:02 PM
^ Good idea, but it would ruin timed leaderboards since the times wouldn't be consistent (would be random).

Gouiwaa9000
02-28-2018, 03:01 PM
^ Good idea, but it would ruin timed leaderboards since the times wouldn't be consistent (would be random).

Thats actually easy to fix , just add a gate in the exit path like the one in hauntlet which will start the time as soon as somebody walks trough it/attacks it . This way everyone will start at the same time .

Also , correct me if im wrong - but im pretty sure timers only start once someone attacks a mob .

PsychoNuke
03-03-2018, 06:21 AM
Hmm, none of the posts here are from developers who understand how basic/dynamic AI works. To keep it shot, it requires a seed that is a predictable constant. Hence rest assured that a basic bot will not work in Hauntlet/Graveyard/Maus. Unless there is a mastermind who can design a AI that can play itself and react to every variable in the environment (then TBH, they wont be wasting their time and talent here).

@OP: I can show you players who run hauntlet 8 hours a day; players who repeat same maps for hours for Kill APs, players who run same maps again and again for hours to get timed on LB. What I mean to say is do not assume and generalize just because "you think" that people cannot achieve those "numbers" by hard work. You say numbers don't lie, but cant that mean that they got those numbers because they run hauntlet 12hrs a day (as you mentioned).
I would like to know how you differentiate between a player and a bot? How you quote who is legit? and How disabling PVE kills from hauntlet is a solution? Kindly elaborate.

Masked
03-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Hmm, none of the posts here are from developers who understand how basic/dynamic AI works. To keep it shot, it requires a seed that is a predictable constant. Hence rest assured that a basic bot will not work in Hauntlet/Graveyard/Maus. Unless there is a mastermind who can design a AI that can play itself and react to every variable in the environment (then TBH, they wont be wasting their time and talent here).

@OP: I can show you players who run hauntlet 8 hours a day; players who repeat same maps for hours for Kill APs, players who run same maps again and again for hours to get timed on LB. What I mean to say is do not assume and generalize just because "you think" that people cannot achieve those "numbers" by hard work. You say numbers don't lie, but cant that mean that they got those numbers because they run hauntlet 12hrs a day (as you mentioned).
I would like to know how you differentiate between a player and a bot? How you quote who is legit? and How disabling PVE kills from hauntlet is a solution? Kindly elaborate.

Thank you for your response, I too used to think the same thing about the hauntlet, unti it was explained to me how to use an ap that records your exact movements. Unlike the Mausoleum, the hauntlet does not have enough verables to make a botting script obsolete .

And don’t worry, I do not assume . I am well aware that there are honest players who run the hauntlet.
Bots don’t respond to pms, bots don’t sleep, or break their patterns unless their battery dies xD!

Suentous PO
03-03-2018, 02:20 PM
I see people either start or join me in hauntlet, they run in trigger the first mobs killing but a handful until the first ones respawn then they leave, and do this over and over. I don't code and I could do it easily.
I'm not saying there aren't legit players boosting stats, and I'm definitely not believing there are no cheaters in haunt
Nevermind my tinfoil hat

PsychoNuke
03-03-2018, 09:32 PM
I see people either start or join me in hauntlet, they run in trigger the first mobs killing but a handful until the first ones respawn then they leave, and do this over and over. I don't code and I could do it easily.
I'm not saying there aren't legit players boosting stats, and I'm definitely not believing there are no cheaters in haunt
Nevermind my tinfoil hat

Ahh I see, so you mean the player joins, kills some mobs from initial room and then leaves. Rinse - repeat, is it?
That is easily possible don't even need to code (rather not give ideas :p). if you see same player again and again then better ask them upfront whats the scene - if no response then I think the best thing we can do is just record the session and send it to support :)

Stephencobear
03-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Ahh I see, so you mean the player joins, kills some mobs from initial room and then leaves. Rinse - repeat, is it?

Precisely.

That is easily possible don't even need to code (rather not give ideas :p). if you see same player again and again then better ask them upfront whats the scene - if no response then I think the best thing we can do is just record the session and send it to support :)

Yup, you get it. As far as reporting I have to admit, I thought because it was just stat boosting I just rolled my eyes. I tend to only care about reporting ppl who financially profit.
Lb and krd? Well I know what it does n doesn't mean, but I get what your saying
-sue

Gouiwaa9000
03-04-2018, 09:34 AM

lol i typed a whole paragraph on how its definitely possible to bot first room of hauntlet with a basic bot and it didnt get approved xD

Well an easy way to find a botter would be random attacks/skills being used when there are no enemies around or by recording the time he spends in hauntlet a few times and look for a pattern ( they could intentionally write multiple runs with slightly different remap times or movements) . Just asking them to respond is not enough , what if they dont speak english or just have you on ignore ?

PsychoNuke
03-05-2018, 12:29 AM
lol i typed a whole paragraph on how its definitely possible to bot first room of hauntlet with a basic bot and it didnt get approved xD

Well an easy way to find a botter would be random attacks/skills being used when there are no enemies around or by recording the time he spends in hauntlet a few times and look for a pattern ( they could intentionally write multiple runs with slightly different remap times or movements) . Just asking them to respond is not enough , what if they dont speak english or just have you on ignore ?

Personally I don't think I care much about how others play the game, if they cheat they will get the ban hammer sooner or later. Most of the players at end game wont risk their hard work on such things. I might give ideas here but TBH in-game I ll be busy with my guild doing the content then checking who is botting :)

But anyway when it comes to verifying you can never be sure, so do your best to judge the scenario on your instincts and report. Let support take care of the rest, they can check all other aspects as they have all the information to investigate it.