PDA

View Full Version : Rivets, random levels and special event rooms

Ikenga
11-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Soooo...i maxed out to 36, and this game is great..wow
I've now had time to think about what is missing and I've come up with the folowing ideas.. Some are re-hashes some are different to other posts.
1. RIVET aka the rat... Even though it is pretty, it is kind of useless. Why not treat as an upgrade in the weapons creator for 20K credits and allow it to deflect fire or attract enemies. At least give it a semblance of usefulness, and in future different pets with different powers.
2. The weapons you buy in the store should be returnable at half price, or allow a rentals program. Otherwise people will stop buying them.
3. Once you start doing xp runs and you have no more missions, it gets a little repepative and (dare I say it) boring. Maybe the levels should have a degree of randomness with secret rooms that move and premium drops in them so you always have something to look for.
4. Special events rooms. Like in Holloween, if there had for 24 hours on that day been a room created with either a tiny mini quest, or just different enemies it would have allowed far more interaction between the levels and guilds. I have found it fun to go down to the lower levels and meet new players.
5. Implants. You should be able to stack implants. Maybe 3 deep.

Oh and yes definitely a fave friends list pleaaasse

I have. A few more ideas but they may need to be distiller first. Thanks for an awesome game.

Gluttony
11-06-2011, 11:56 AM
1. Van•i•ty/ˈvanətē/ Noun: 1.Excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements. Vanity is for looks or to use as a status symbol, nothing more.
2. Weapons are liquidatable, which is in essence selling the item back into to pool of things. This idea is pretty ridiculous imo since when have you ever been able to buy something and then return it after using/playing with it until it's no longer fun/useful to you, then return it for some of your money. Think of liquidation prices like a pawn shop, sure they're not giving you anywhere near what you paid, but at least it is something.
3. I would like to see some randomly generated maps as well, but I don't know how much of a drain this would be on the system or the side effects this could cause if a dungeon wasn't rendered properly and other various issues.
4. I don't fully understand how rooms created with a tiny mini quest will promote relationships between levels and guilds. For instance in PL, the Halloween event actually caused some animosity between different levels in the same map since the presence of a level capped character caused the enemies to mirror that level and thus they were impossible for the lowered level player to complete.
5. I don't see a problem with this, it's just another way to boost your stats through extra gear. Not sure I'd want it but it doesn't present any separate issues.

A favorite friend list just seems a bit um... high school to me. If you're only semi-friends with someone in game or a part time friend, then just remove them... Ta-da, you now have a fav friends list!

Ikenga
11-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Lol... 1. Vanity is exactly that, but it would be nice if was useable in some sort of way. An expensive vanity handbag is a vanity, but it still has a purpose, it's a bag. A vanity pet should have at least a little use. I mean a parrot can bite (maybe you) but it bites.
2. Hmmm not sure I quite agree.
3.ok.. doesn't have to be total randomness, it can be 15 versions of the same level just with a random chance of u ending up in any of those versions
4. I didn't think of it like that.. Maybe create some new quests forcing lower level interaction, or a quest across different planets .
5. Great.

Fave friends list, when u press social it would be nice if your goto buddies are easily accessible, don't forget if u only have 5 buddies they may not be on line when u are.

Ikenga
11-06-2011, 12:40 PM
It's a great game though